Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally am excited about this change. If I went into a scrapbook store and it were the same things over and over and over, it would be time to move on. Glad SU is making a change.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #282  
Insane Embellisher

Default So, how do you plan to make the change?

First, I'm not a demo. I will continue to use the retiring colors as I please - and may even stock up a little on a couple of favs.

I'm wondering how people plan to make the change? I will probably purge the colors I rarely use (may give to my niece who wants to start stamping) and keep the ones I do. I do plan to buy "kits" with the new colors of CS to see which I use and which I don't, then fill in with pads and such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #283  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimsView Post
First, I'm not a demo. I will continue to use the retiring colors as I please - and may even stock up a little on a couple of favs.

I'm wondering how people plan to make the change? I will probably purge the colors I rarely use (may give to my niece who wants to start stamping) and keep the ones I do. I do plan to buy "kits" with the new colors of CS to see which I use and which I don't, then fill in with pads and such.
That is exactly what I am going to do with my products I don't want. I have stamps in stamp sets that I like and others in there that I don't( will keep the ones I want and give them the rest....they won't care that it is not a complete set). Same with CS and Inks.....you won't get much for any of that on B/S/T or E-bay.....but, you will make one or two little girls really happy. In my book that is worth more! Even better if you stamp with them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #284  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post
Why? or How???
Why, I have no idea. How? Take a very stained stamp and ink it up well with YoYo Yellow and then scrub, it takes most stains right off. Of course it ruins your yellow pad. I remember this being discovered by accident and talked about at great lengths here on SCS so you might be able to do a search for the thread(s).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #285  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
oh cool, you know what i would really like to see them do? last time they did this there was a "kit" for the chalks in the new colors...

I'd like to see them come out with an empty chalk box you can use your last time around new colors and add these new colors to it...

(that was a tough thing to find things to put the chalk into considering it got banged up in transit)
There will be a kit for the chalks which will include a new case, insert, and chalks for colours which did not previously have chalks (new colours, old in colors, vanilla, basic gray ...).
Similarly, there will be a kit for the Watercolour Wonder Crayons which will include new tins made to fit the new size of the collection.

All available in the new catalogue July 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Um I'll be getting rid of nothing....just putting it in another place....

You can look for me on an episode of hoarders in the next 20 years...I'll be stuck under a pile of paper and ink pads in my stamp room:twisted:

Honestly I don't get rid of much retired stuff. I may need it one day! Sold a few stamp sets early on and regretted it. Seriously...look for me on A&E....

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #287  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Um I'll be getting rid of nothing....just putting it in another place....

You can look for me on an episode of hoarders in the next 20 years...I'll be stuck under a pile of paper and ink pads in my stamp room:twisted:

Honestly I don't get rid of much retired stuff. I may need it one day! Sold a few stamp sets early on and regretted it. Seriously...look for me on A&E....
Seriously I am baffled that the home organization shows/hoarders shows haven't caught on to all of us - !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #288  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingersView Post
Seriously I am baffled that the home organization shows/hoarders shows haven't caught on to all of us - !
LOL, I know right! I MUST say I'm a quite organized hoarder! I like things stacked neatly and all in "their place" although it's not always neatly put away. Oh the producers of those shows don't know what they are missing, lol!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #289  
Insane Embellisher

I understand the need for new, and am excited to see more colors! but I think they are making a mistake not having the reitred colors available for ...say...5 years...and then fad them out. I know they wouldn't sell as much...but it would appease people and help keep their customer base. Two months warning of color changes is not adequate when I've invested $100s in the old complete set.

I'm shifting to Papertrey Ink also. I've been disenchanted with a lot of the moves SU has made the last 5 years (decrease in ribbon, new demo agreement, move to unmounted was at a snail's pace, stamp designs stale/lack variety...). PTI may change colors in time, also. But PTI has never made me feel these were permanment colors. SU pushes their color families....no change...that's why we bring you new In-Colors.... I've now lived through 3 changes to their color families. I would never have bought "complete sets" if I knew my "completeness" was going to be so short lived. With PTI, I buy what I like...and feel no complusion to buy every color.....and I know going into it, that these colors may not still be here in 5 years...I know I am just buying for today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #290  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I used to watch Clean Sweep a lot. I remember seeing a lot of scrapbookers on there, and Peter Walsh always commented on what a space-sucking hobby it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #291  

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
I understand the need for new, and am excited to see more colors! but I think they are making a mistake not having the reitred colors available for ...say...5 years...and then fad them out. I know they wouldn't sell as much...but it would appease people and help keep their customer base. Two months warning of color changes is not adequate when I've invested $100s in the old complete set.

I'm shifting to Papertrey Ink also. I've been disenchanted with a lot of the moves SU has made the last 5 years (decrease in ribbon, new demo agreement, move to unmounted was at a snail's pace, stamp designs stale/lack variety...). PTI may change colors in time, also. But PTI has never made me feel these were permanment colors. SU pushes their color families....no change...that's why we bring you new In-Colors.... I've now lived through 3 changes to their color families. I would never have bought "complete sets" if I knew my "completeness" was going to be so short lived. With PTI, I buy what I like...and feel no complusion to buy every color.....and I know going into it, that these colors may not still be here in 5 years...I know I am just buying for today.
This was my initial thought as well. However, I'm sure SU has it's reasons for just doing it all at once. My guess is that it would have been harder logistically to do this and possible cost the company more in the long run WHICH would mean price increases for us! So it's kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't. People are going to gripe about the color change yes but if prices went up a bunch, people would gripe too. People complained that they wanted color changes and now people are complaining because they are doing just that, it's just the way of the world and change happens whether we want it to or not unfortunately.

I posted in a nother thread about how warehouse space is given a certain dollar value and that's how companies (not just SU) decide what to carry and what to discontinue. My DF who works in manufacturing explained this (in way more detail than I can) how this all works last night and I must say it made a lot more sense after he did. I was like...hmmmm...I kind of get it now!

Happy stamping with whatever products you choose!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #292  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
PTI has never made me feel these were permanment colors. SU pushes their color families....no change...that's why we bring you new In-Colors.... I've now lived through 3 changes to their color families. I would never have bought "complete sets" if I knew my "completeness" was going to be so short lived.
Call me silly, but if you've been through 3 changes, why would you expect it to not change again?

As has been pointed out over and over... They HAVE to make changes to stay current. Do you remember what colors we were all wearing 20 years ago? Would you really want to be stamping in only neons and country colors? Of course not.

My thought is that there is not need to complete a set just to say it's "complete" - even if you're a demo. Just get the spots and a combination color packet so if someone wants to try a color you don't love, you've got something to show them.

I used to sell CTMH and I never owned everything and never felt that I had to - I got a sample of everything and only stocked up on the stuff I would use and love. I still have a lot of CTMH stuff, even though it's been over 2 years since I stopped, and it's all stuff that I still use and can't bear to part with.

(No offense intended, just pointing out a different way of thought.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #293  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I used to watch Clean Sweep a lot. I remember seeing a lot of scrapbookers on there, and Peter Walsh always commented on what a space-sucking hobby it is!
He's right, it is a space-sucking hobby. But there were a few times where he said he had no problem with it, either - as long as they kept stuff contained and organized.

Of course, we ALL know how hard THAT is. hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #294  

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatterschmuckView Post
He's right, it is a space-sucking hobby. But there were a few times where he said he had no problem with it, either - as long as they kept stuff contained and organized.

Of course, we ALL know how hard THAT is. hehe
There is a thread about how many SU sets you own around here and there is a link to a blog that just BLEW me away. That lady had a WALL and then some in her basement it looked like, of stamps. I'm sure you could call her a hoarder technically but it was probably the most organized room I've ever seen! It was crazy!

I try to be organized but on occasion it can look like one of my scrapbooks threw up all over my room! Haha.

And thanks for your post above the hoarding one! Well said! I also agree, i don't think we were ever promised that the colors would not change.

Check out my blog

Last edited by Minders; 04-10-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: I can't type today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #295  
Die Cut Diva

What is MDS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Just wanted to throw this out there....

For all those concerned about colors for scrapping (school colors and what not). The colors in MDS will not retire, once you buy it you can used them FOR-EV-ER! If you have MDS this could possibly solve your problem.

I f you don't maybe you should consider buying it! If of course you can afford it (don't flame me, i'm only trying to offer suggestions to address the many concerns). Anyway, it's just an idea I thought of. And it really is a fun program to use and you can make neat things....and scrap at the airport while waiting for a flight (that's my fave part, I HATE the airport!).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #296  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Let's look at it another way:

Say there is a hotel in a popular vacation spot. Some people absolutely fall in love with the color scheme that the hotel used, its service, and the place it's located. They vow they will return often.

The problem is that they don't have much money. So they only visit their favorite hotel once every two or three years. The color scheme becomes a big part of the happy memories they have collected while staying there.

In the meantime, the years go by and the hotel finds that it is losing customers. Reviewing the surveys it routinely takes of departing guests, it finds that a common complaint is the dated color scheme from the last redecorating that they did. Once it was new and fresh, now not so much.

Of course, there are a few people who really still love that color scheme. But they are not that many and don't visit the hotel often. What are the hotel owners going to do?

If they are smart, they will redecorate the hotel. It really makes a tremendous difference in how the hotel looks, it's what many customers wanted, and the hotel's business picks up once again.

Those, though, who really loved that color scheme feel that the hotel has personally disregarded all of their wishes on the matter. They take pack up and go home, vowing never to return.

While all customers are important to the hotel, the owners have to do what is necessary to preserve the viability of their business. If they didn't redecorate, they might end up closing down, because customers flock to newer hotels with fresher color schemes. You can't please everyone every time, it is impossible. You have to please the most people you can to stay in business.

This may seem silly, but I can remember revisiting the hotel my husband and I had spent our honeymoon in, about 8 years later. It was still decorated in the same style as when we had stayed there and it had been an older remodel THEN. I can remember thinking how awful it looked, how it tarnished the memory of my earlier good experience, and how I really never wanted to stay there again.

Color is important to all kinds of businesses. It's doubly important to a papercrafting company. Stampin' Up! has done what most people asked for, but there are bound to be people who wished they had not changed anything. I've read more positive comments on this change than negative in different places on the web, so I have to come to the conclusion that this was needed and wanted by most consumers.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #297  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiKView Post
What is MDS?
My Digital Studio is the new software Stampin' Up! offers for digital papercrafting.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #298  

Quote:

As space-sucking as it is...I'LL NEVER GIVE IT UP!!! They can pry my crop-a-dile from my cold, dead hands!!!

Besides, I could *totally* take Peter Walsh in a street fight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #299  
Crimping Master

Color is one of the main elements of our craft, and you can't have too many colors! I don't understand why SU has to retire colors at all. Why not just create more color groups?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #300  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a customer and waffled for a couple of years as to which line of inks to invest in before I finally took the plunge. No regrets. And still no regrets after this announcement. I admit that there certainly was a WOW factor as I cleared 30 (yes 30) inks off of my stamp caddy where I keep the core colors. I'll still use those inks and enjoy having them. I'm not really concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
There will be a kit for the chalks which will include a new case, insert, and chalks for colours which did not previously have chalks (new colours, old in colors, vanilla, basic gray ...).
Similarly, there will be a kit for the Watercolour Wonder Crayons which will include new tins made to fit the new size of the collection.

All available in the new catalogue July 1.
I am thrilled to hear this news. I'm glad it'll be easy to update my WWCrayons, inks and markers. I appreciate that SU is making this easy. I'm also glad they gave us a few months notice. I used to be a CM consultant and we were lucky to get a few weeks notice of drastic changes. So kudos to SU for making the switch over easy and for providing some notice to demos and customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #301  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Beedubya;16481396]As space-sucking as it is...I'LL NEVER GIVE IT UP!!! They can pry my crop-a-dile from my cold, dead hands!!!

Besides, I could *totally* take Peter Walsh in a street fight.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. My hobby stays. Peter better get outta town before he messes with "the stash". LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #302  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post

Say there is a hotel in a popular vacation spot. Some people absolutely fall in love with the color scheme that the hotel used, its service, and the place it's located. They vow they will return often.

The problem is that they don't have much money. So they only visit their favorite hotel once every two or three years. The color scheme becomes a big part of the happy memories they have collected while staying there.

In the meantime, the years go by and the hotel finds that it is losing customers. Reviewing the surveys it routinely takes of departing guests, it finds that a common complaint is the dated color scheme from the last redecorating that they did. Once it was new and fresh, now not so much.

Of course, there are a few people who really still love that color scheme. But they are not that many and don't visit the hotel often. What are the hotel owners going to do?

If they are smart, they will redecorate the hotel. It really makes a tremendous difference in how the hotel looks, it's what many customers wanted, and the hotel's business picks up once again.

Those, though, who really loved that color scheme feel that the hotel has personally disregarded all of their wishes on the matter. They take pack up and go home, vowing never to return.

While all customers are important to the hotel, the owners have to do what is necessary to preserve the viability of their business. If they didn't redecorate, they might end up closing down, because customers flock to newer hotels with fresher color schemes. You can't please everyone every time, it is impossible. You have to please the most people you can to stay in business.

This may seem silly, but I can remember revisiting the hotel my husband and I had spent our honeymoon in, about 8 years later. It was still decorated in the same style as when we had stayed there and it had been an older remodel THEN. I can remember thinking how awful it looked, how it tarnished the memory of my earlier good experience, and how I really never wanted to stay there again.

Color is important to all kinds of businesses. It's doubly important to a papercrafting company. Stampin' Up! has done what most people asked for, but there are bound to be people who wished they had not changed anything. I've read more positive comments on this change than negative in different places on the web, so I have to come to the conclusion that this was needed and wanted by most consumers.
Jan, I like your analogy. There is always a part of us that wants to hold onto the old. Call it nostalgia or comfort. But most of us are also energized by new things. I just reorganized my craft table with the new colors (minus the ones we don't have yet) and I do feel energized. I can't wait to make a card with my new summer mini stuff (once I get my taxes done).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #303  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiKView Post
What is MDS?
It's My Digital Studio, the digital scrapbooking program from SU.

Sorry I was talking in code:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #304  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I have mixed feelings. I love, LOVE Razzleberry. Just ordered 3 packs because I figured I wouldn't be able to get it in June. I'm thrilled at the prospect of getting a single MARKER in this color, as well as Baja Breeze, another favorite, especially with chocolate chip. But the brights....maybe I don't always use Yo Yo yellow, Brilliant blue, but then, when I need a BIG BIRD or COOKIE Monster card or cupcake pick, or a patriotic card (sometimes navy is just too dark and dreary for that).....and Mellow Moss.....it looks so gorgeous with navy and white on the communion invitations I just did for a friend......and the chandelier cards with pixie or passion pink and BLACK....just some examples of colors I've loved and used. The new color palette, pretty though it may be, leaves a rather large void for me. SU has to do what it has to do to stay alive and thrive, but I'll have to seek out those colors elsewhere. It would be great to at least be able to still get these colors in an assortment (beyond the retirement date).

oh, and I like blush blossom paper as a flesh tone, but HATE the marker for that (too dark) That alone turned me onto Copic markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #305  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

TOO FUNNY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #306  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Well said Jan!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #307  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeedubyaView Post
As space-sucking as it is...I'LL NEVER GIVE IT UP!!! They can pry my crop-a-dile from my cold, dead hands!!!

Besides, I could *totally* take Peter Walsh in a street fight.

ANd I got your back Brandi....after all I do teach Turbo Kick aerobics, hahahaha!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #308  

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
I have mixed feelings. I love, LOVE Razzleberry. Just ordered 3 packs because I figured I wouldn't be able to get it in June. I'm thrilled at the prospect of getting a single MARKER in this color, as well as Baja Breeze, another favorite, especially with chocolate chip. But the brights....maybe I don't always use Yo Yo yellow, Brilliant blue, but then, when I need a BIG BIRD or COOKIE Monster card or cupcake pick, or a patriotic card (sometimes navy is just too dark and dreary for that).....and Mellow Moss.....it looks so gorgeous with navy and white on the communion invitations I just did for a friend......and the chandelier cards with pixie or passion pink and BLACK....just some examples of colors I've loved and used. The new color palette, pretty though it may be, leaves a rather large void for me. SU has to do what it has to do to stay alive and thrive, but I'll have to seek out those colors elsewhere. It would be great to at least be able to still get these colors in an assortment (beyond the retirement date).

oh, and I like blush blossom paper as a flesh tone, but HATE the marker for that (too dark) That alone turned me onto Copic markers.
I'm really happy it's sticking around because I just made my wedding invites today AND the printer cut a WHOLE bunch of extra RR and melon mambo (like to the tune of a whole pack) so I'm glad that I can continue to use the extras come June...cuz I'll still have them...better be prepared to see a LOT of cards in that color scheme from me:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #309  
Die Cut Diva

AHHHH...thanks!

Quote:

My Digital Studio is the new software Stampin' Up! offers for digital papercrafting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #310  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm excited to see the new colors. I'll just have to stock up on my favorites. I know I'll have those colors for a long time since I'll probably hoard instead of use them. LOL I've used alot more baja breeze this week now that I know it's coming back and I'll be able to purchase more.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #311  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheckView Post
I'm excited to see the new colors. I'll just have to stock up on my favorites. I know I'll have those colors for a long time since I'll probably hoard instead of use them. LOL I've used alot more baja breeze this week now that I know it's coming back and I'll be able to purchase more.
I did not purchase this color because I was resisting buying the In-colors because I did not want to get saddled with a color that I would not be able to find other products to go with the ink pad, etc. I am glad to see it is coming back!

Cleaning out my area.....not getting rid of the retiring colors for now...not a demo....just making spots for the new colors. Everything was overflowing, needed a good cleaning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #312  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm outraged SU is doing this in these tough economical times. I've been a SU customer for around 20 years. So I have a lot invested in their products, like so many of you. I urge you to write, email, post on FB, Twitter, etc. and let them know of your dissatsifaction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #313  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmedinaView Post
I'm outraged SU is doing this in these tough economical times. I've been a SU customer for around 20 years. So I have a lot invested in their products, like so many of you. I urge you to write, email, post on FB, Twitter, etc. and let them know of your dissatsifaction.
Other businesses are not holding back releasing new products because of the recession. You don't see the same clothes in stores season after season do you? SU is a business and their goal is to make money, just like ANY other business. Maybe PTI should stop releasing new colors too, since it's a bad economy!!!! Maybe car makers should stop releasing new models....it could go on and on.....

It is the way of the world. Change happens...even in a recession.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #314  
Compulsive Stamper

What is PTI?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #315  
Rubber Obsessor

PTi is PaperTrey Ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #316  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

What is PTI?
Paper Trey Ink, another stamp/cardstock/ink company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #317  
Compulsive Stamper

I do understand businesses have to make changes. It's just that SU is retiring so many colors from each color group at one time, and I don't see that the majority of the new colors are that different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #318  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks. I'll check out PTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #319  

Quote:

I do understand businesses have to make changes. It's just that SU is retiring so many colors from each color group at one time, and I don't see that the majority of the new colors are that different.
It probably would have cost them more in the long run to do it slowly...and that equates to higher prices for us as customers which I think is one thing we cal ALL agree on...price increas = no good. The colors that are going did NOT sell well and were taking up space in the warehouse. My DF explained to me (much better than I can do here, he used a lot of technical term, lol) that every single square foot of warehouse space has a dollar amount attached to it and if stuff's not moving out then it costs them $$$$. Getting rid of this stock that didn't sell WILL leave room for more new accessories. They mentioned this in the webinar and in our demo magazine. I'm totally excited about that, the possibility of MORE NEW accessories!

I understand that it's not ideal and I was upset in the beginning as well, like really PO'd. BUT I love the new colors and you don't have to get everything at once either....I'm trying to convince myself of that...although I was lucky I have a lot of old in color stuff I was hoarding that's coming back. But again, it's kind of the way of the world, stuff goes in and out of style and businesses have to keep up. I do feel back for SU in a way because like I said, it's impossible to make everyone happy. There has been a lot of talk about how old and outdated SU's colors are and how other companies have such "better" colors...well now they do something about it and NOW people are complaining that the colors are changing, LOL. They are darned if they do or darned it they don't...sort of like me and my step-mom....but that's another thread entirely:phaha

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #320  
Insane Embellisher

I guess I don't understand why this is so upsetting to people. Yes, there are colors we won't be able to replace after June (Lovely Lilac, sniff). Yes, many of us have all sorts of paper & ink. HOWEVER, there is no reason we can't still use what we have. Even demos can use the retired stuff for personal use, or can sell it for others who don't care if it is retired or not.

There isn't a company around who carries everything into perpetutity. If there were still go-go boots in catalogs, do you think we'd still be buying them? What about satiny disco shirts for guys?
Reply With Quote Likes