Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #241  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolAnnBView Post
Honestly - I bought all the ink pads, paper and re-inkers about 2 years ago and am sorry I did - some of the colors I rarely use - now all my pads are drying up - some which I have never even used - all because I "had" to have all of the colors. I learned that I should just have bought my fav's and forgot about craving the entire collection. This will just let me pare down my pads to those I really love. Not really a bad thing.
Same here, I have quite a few still in the plastic and many of them that I did open I can honestly say I used ONCE or TWICE. I think I'll use a lot more of what I have now for sure! Good point!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #242  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

They weren't on the Fond Farewell list I saw, but just checking...

Will the Confetti & Naturals colors still be available?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #243  
Crimping Master

Yes, they will be available. This is from Q&A in training section:

Q: Are other card stocks outside the four colour collections retiring?
A: We will continue to offer the following: Brushed Gold, Brushed Silver, Confetti Cream, Confetti White, Glossy White, Naturals Ivory, Naturals White, Shimmery White, and White vellum card stock, as well as White vellum paper.

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #244  
Kookie Creator

Question I want new SPOTS!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!
SharonK_MN

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlozbView Post
Will they offer kits for the stampin spots? I prefer the spots over the full sized ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #245  

Received 138 Likes on 75 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Can you tell me how?????? LOL I can't seem to do that, hehe.
i guess i lied a bit, i do have all the color spots and all but two full size pads, i dont have yo-yo yellow, never liked that one, or only orange. and i do have all the paper, and markers, and dsp, and ribbon, and.........................

My Blog
http://bethrush.stampinup.net/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #246  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzierView Post
i dont have yo-yo yellow, ...
Don't forget, one use for a Yo Yo Yellow is cleaning stained stamp pads!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #247  
Kookie Creator

Can someone tell me how this is going to work? Are the current, soon-to-be retired colors (cardstock, ink, etc.) already listed as "while supplies last" or are they guaranteed to be available until the end of the catalog period and then go "while supplies last?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #248  
Cardstock Collector

I think I have just discovered I am not very trendy... I love the bold brights and I'm always running out of the blues and greens, real red and yoyo yellow. I have some aging relatives so create a fair number of get well cards and I like bright, cheery colors for them. I also have 3 boys who get invited to "boy" birthday parties. Every time I set out to do a "boy" birthday card, I end up with it being in bold brights (Maybe to match my active kids?). I also rely on cameo coral for watercoloring rosy cheeks on stamped people images. It sounds from this thread like these colors aren't very popular, so they probably don't stand a chance of being "in" colors....guess I have some stocking up to do or I have to start lobbying stampinup for a new revolving color line ala the "in colors" called the "out colors"......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #249  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinpurplefrogView Post
Can someone tell me how this is going to work? Are the current, soon-to-be retired colors (cardstock, ink, etc.) already listed as "while supplies last" or are they guaranteed to be available until the end of the catalog period and then go "while supplies last?"
Maybe other demos can chime in here because I'm not sure. My gut feeling is that they will continue to have them for the catalog period but that could be wrong. It would be sad if they did run out but I'm assuming since most of these colors weren't big sellers they probably have a lot of inventory. With the in colors I'm pretty sure near the end of the year they probably order less because they know they will be retiring no matter what so they order less, did that make sense to anyone?

Anyway again, I don't really know. has anyone heard or asked DS? I need to call DS sometime for something else and I'll try to ask if I remember!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #250  

Quote:

Originally Posted by christophercraigView Post
I think I have just discovered I am not very trendy... I love the bold brights and I'm always running out of the blues and greens, real red and yoyo yellow. I have some aging relatives so create a fair number of get well cards and I like bright, cheery colors for them. I also have 3 boys who get invited to "boy" birthday parties. Every time I set out to do a "boy" birthday card, I end up with it being in bold brights (Maybe to match my active kids?). I also rely on cameo coral for watercoloring rosy cheeks on stamped people images. It sounds from this thread like these colors aren't very popular, so they probably don't stand a chance of being "in" colors....guess I have some stocking up to do or I have to start lobbying stampinup for a new revolving color line ala the "in colors" called the "out colors"......
That made me giggle:p

I do have to say I was not a fan of the bold brights in the "out colors". Have you seen the new brights family? I made some swatches and I have to say I LOVE them. They are super bright and cheery and I think just more modern and fun. They look way better in real life than on the computer! I think you'll be able to make boy cards with all color collections and very cheery cards as well! I don't think any of the old colors will make a return and I have to say when I sorted through my ink pads yesterday I found that I really didn't use many of the old colors much (except for just a few). I hope you end up liking them as much as I do!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:49 AM   #251  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunStamperView Post
Everyone keeps throwing around PTI and I thought the same thing - will they still have the same colors years from now? If, in 10 years, they have colors that are not being purchased except by just a few people, will they really continue to make those colors and let them sit on the shelves? I think not. Any company that does not change is going to go belly up eventually.
I thought the same thing. If PTI had some colors for 10 years they would be retiring them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #252  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewsgirlView Post
At first when I heard this news I was shocked. Especially since i just sold off a bunch of my retired In Colors that i didn't care for, but kept the ones I really liked. Then I saw the lists and realized I have all but one (Riding Hood red) old In Color that will be making it's way back and i can live without Riding hood Red for sure.

I was also concerned that I would be losing a lot of colors that i love with so many retiring, but again, when i saw the list, I realized that most of them were colors that I rarely ever use anymore. The only one I'll REALLY miss is Taken with Teal. I will slightly miss Pale Plum,Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Close To Cocoa. And usually when they're out of sight and out of mind I no longer miss them at all.

The only problem I have is that I submit often to magazines and only use current product for that, so I might have to revamp my supplies a little.

I like lots of the new colors and feel like this is a good things for SU. It was time for a breath of fresh air in their color department.

I have to say, though, that I'm REALLY disappointed that Cool Caribbean didn't make the cut. In my humble opinion, that was the greatest In Color that ever existed. But i plan to use PTI Aqua Mist in it's place instead.
Cool Caribbean.....can't believe it didn't make the cut....my all-time favorite in color.....and I am surprised they dumped Cameo Coral....lot of weddings are using coral for their "signaaature color"...haha....but, it is what it is..and, we'll just have to live with it.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #253  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Of course it's about money, SU is a business, businesses are in business to make money! SU isn't doing this to screw you or it would change clolors eltirely every year. A lot of thier colors were looking tired and it was time for a change. They also had a lot of colors that were very poor sellers. Why have all that inventory taking up room in the warehouse, now we will be able to have more neat sccessories and things due to more room.

SOOOOOOO MANY customers and demos have been requesting color changes for a LONG time. SU must move with the times and current trends just like all companies do....would you like an avocado or harvest gold refrigerator today?????

They could be jerks about it and not offer the kits they are going to...they could just say if you want the new stuff you have to purchase the whole set of markers over or WWC or whatever. But they aren't, there will kits and they will probably be priced so that you end up getting a bit of a discount as opposed to purchasing them individually (kind of like the block bundle).

And at least they gave us all fair warning. We can plan what to get, stock up on things that are leaving and what not. Hobby Lobby or Michael's or any other store isn't going to do that...they are going to discontinue something and not tell you and you go in and it's just gone when it sells out. At least here we know and can make arrangements.

So again, yeah it is about the bottom line, some colors weren't selling so why have them? They were tired and old looking as compared to a lot of the competition so it's time to move on and get with the times. They are going to get a chunk of change from me and I couldn't be happier about it!
I suppose it's difficult for me to believe that current, loyal SU customers and demonstrators were dissatisfied with 30 of the existing colors. I could understand replacing a few that weren't selling, and I'm not disagreeing that some of the colors were "outdated," though I'm sure the ones I think about that way were the favorites of others.

And no, they can't please all of the customers and demonstrators, and SU is a business. I'm all for businesses doing what they think they need to do.

I think, though, that in these economically difficult times, when their products are more expensive already, especially with the added cost of shipping, it isn't the best time to drop thirty of 48 colors. Like someone else posted, it's too drastic all at once.

I'm really happy for those of you who are excited about this, and I will probably remain an occasional SU customer. I'm disappointed, though. It isn't a life-shattering event, but it has taken most of the lustre out of this company for me.

H.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #254  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynnView Post
Stampin' Up! has been in business for 20+ years. Do you really want ALL the same colors from 20 years ago? I sure don't!!!! I for one am thrilled with this color renovation.

The papercrafting industry grows by leaps and bounds every year. Stampin' Up! spent two years working with focus groups, interviewing customers and demos, researching color trends, reviewing sales figures, etc. After all this research, the color renovation came to fruition.

I find it very hard to believe that other stamp companies (like PTI and Gina K) won't do their own research as their companies get older and re-evaluate their colors as well when the time comes. It just makes good business sense!!!!!

If you love some SU colors that are going away, stock up on your favorite cardstock and reinkers if you can!!! Otherwise, I am looking forward to a wild ride with some new color combinations and colors to play with!!!
AMEN! I love color so BRING IT ON!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #255  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am very sad to see all the soft colors going. What will I use for my card bases now? The new line is lovely, but lacking. And, where did all the lavendars go? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #256  

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazyView Post
I suppose it's difficult for me to believe that current, loyal SU customers and demonstrators were dissatisfied with 30 of the existing colors. I could understand replacing a few that weren't selling, and I'm not disagreeing that some of the colors were "outdated," though I'm sure the ones I think about that way were the favorites of others.

And no, they can't please all of the customers and demonstrators, and SU is a business. I'm all for businesses doing what they think they need to do.

I think, though, that in these economically difficult times, when their products are more expensive already, especially with the added cost of shipping, it isn't the best time to drop thirty of 48 colors. Like someone else posted, it's too drastic all at once.

I'm really happy for those of you who are excited about this, and I will probably remain an occasional SU customer. I'm disappointed, though. It isn't a life-shattering event, but it has taken most of the lustre out of this company for me.

H.
I know of a lot of people who were in fact dissatisfied with the current color offering. I am truly sorry you're upset about it, I was too when I first found out then I kind of came around to the idea and I love the new color collections. Sure, I too am going to miss some of the colors but I'll get over it and find new favorites too. I figure they kind of went all out because it was overdue and it may have been more cost effective for the company (which translates to fewer price increases for the customers) to just rip the bandaid off all at once so to speak. Just an idea anyway.

I am getting a little tired of hearing "why are they doing this in the current economy". Yes, the economy does kind of suck, for lack of a better word but SU is a business and they need to make money like any other company. I don't see the stores at the mall not offering new product lines or keeping the same clothes/shoes whatever it is out season after season, ya know. Really, would there ever be a "good" or "right" time to do this? Probably not, it's always going to be hard economic times for some just as there are some people who never have to worry about money (lucky ducks right?). They aren't doing this to screw anyone or to take all their money, it's kind of just the way of the business world.

So again, sorry you are disappointed in SU by this. I'm sure they never want to disappoint anyone, it's just impossible to please everyone all the time...BUT how amazing would our catalog be if it was????

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #257  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Am so excited about the big change,...yes Minders it too has taken me a bit!!! But I am a consumer not a dome. Does anyone have the actual pic of the new line up? It was on someones blog,I looked thought I sent it to fav's but must not have,...DORK moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #258  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolAnnBView Post
Honestly - I bought all the ink pads, paper and re-inkers about 2 years ago and am sorry I did - some of the colors I rarely use - now all my pads are drying up - some which I have never even used - all because I "had" to have all of the colors. I learned that I should just have bought my fav's and forgot about craving the entire collection. This will just let me pare down my pads to those I really love. Not really a bad thing.
I have to agree with this, I am a hobby demo and I do not have all 48 colors just to have them. I only bought the colors I love and use. Having to have it all just so the set is complete could be wasteful if the colors are not faves.

Many of the retiring colors are dated and some are just ugly. The only two I will miss is Moss and Sage. I will buy two packs of each, a pad and 1 refill and I will be good for a long time.

I am thrilled with the Espresso color, this was needed. I used to have to buy the dark brown Bazzill.

I am not a fan of the new yellow but haven't seen it for real yet.

Cherry Cobbler is going to be my new Christmas and Valentine red.

I wish they would revamp the greens a bit, I like Old Olive but want more variety, I miss Kiwi Kiss and would love to see something brighter in the Lime shade. (My all-time fave green is Intense Kiwi from Prisma.)

I kind of understand how a business demo might feel, but I think they understand this is an attempt to increase their sales too.

I don't get the " Now I will have to sell off the retired stuff" from customers. It can still be used and how much would one really need to spend to "stock up on the true favorites" Probably not as much as you think. An ink pad and a refill will last for years. Truly how many colors do we really use a lot of. Most we use a little now and then, a pack of many of those colors would last the average stamper until the next color change.

Remember the In colors will be coming out every year and some may be very close to the old faves and we can have a fresh face to an old friend then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #259  
Cardstock Collector

My guess is there will be a company waiting in the wings to reproduce the old colors. They may change them a bit, but they will be close. So don't throw out all those inkpads yet ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #260  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by patintnView Post
They weren't on the Fond Farewell list I saw, but just checking...

Will the Confetti & Naturals colors still be available?
Hi there, yes, they will :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #261  
Matboard Maniac

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I am thrilled with the new colors. I am not a demo, just a long time customer and am sure the demos will see an increase in sales. So demos, don't be sad, enjoy your retired products. If your customers are anything like myself, I (they) will be placing a large order in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #262  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinpurplefrogView Post
I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but they will be restocking items all through May. Starting June 1st, it will become "while supplies last".
Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #263  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofyView Post
I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but they will be restocking items all through May. Starting June 1st, it will become "while supplies last".
I hope this is true because I don't think SU actually manufactures any of the items in the accessories section (but they make their stamps) so I was concerned the mfrs might not make another production run (if one ... or more are needed.)

Now I can try to make another order for the retiring colors lower on my wish list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #264  
Crimping Master

I was shocked and pretty annoyed initially too, when I read the news. After thinking it through, though, I realized I don't actually use most of the colours they are retiring. In fact I don't actually even like most of them - Summer Sun, Yo Yo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, the 3 blues and the Brillaint Blue... I can go on. I was NEVER using htem. I think the new colours are going to be great.

I am restocking my Handsome Hunter and Taken with Teal, though. I will never let those go; you'll have to pry them from my cold, dead, hands eventually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #265  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofyView Post
I saw it somewhere as well. Makes sense because the retiring accessory comes out around June 1 and they are all supposed to be on there. I'd say if you want it, order it before June!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #266  

I'm super stoked about the color shake up. I get that some people are having a hard time with it and that's normal. I hope you guys can get it figured out. ((hugs)) I think it's great that we've got demos and non-demos alike having a conversation about this.

(waves to Minders! What up, girl?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #267  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeedubyaView Post
I'm super stoked about the color shake up. I get that some people are having a hard time with it and that's normal. I hope you guys can get it figured out. ((hugs)) I think it's great that we've got demos and non-demos alike having a conversation about this.

(waves to Minders! What up, girl?)
Thanks girl! Oh how I love my SCS friends!

Deuces, LOL

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #268  

Quote:

Thanks girl! Oh how I love my SCS friends!

Deuces, LOL
BWA-hahahahahaha! Nothin' but the shiz, sister. Just the shiz.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #269  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy_SView Post
Six months ago may not have been possible but I bet there would be fewer hard feelings if they'd announced the change prior to Sale-a-bration. I'm sure a lot of people wait until SAB to stock up.
Yup, that's exactly what I did! I bought spots, reinkers and cardstock in all the color families (except neutrals)--just a round figure--$250. Yeah, that was nice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #270  
Kookie Creator

I love the new colors!! Love that they are bringing back some great incolors. Sad that Cool Caribbean, Groovy Guava, and Bermuda Bay didn't make the cut!! Oh, well!! I was bored with a lot of colors and hardly used the ones that are retiring. They have kept the ones I use most of the time anyway. Can't wait for the change and the new catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #271  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post
Yup, that's exactly what I did! I bought spots, reinkers and cardstock in all the color families (except neutrals)--just a round figure--$250. Yeah, that was nice!!
Gee....I felt bad because I dropped $50 on Cardstock...but, after I thought about it, it was all colors that I loved and I'm glad I have them....in fact, I'm thinking I should order more Pinks....and green galore and gable green....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #272  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just spent a few hours rearranging all my cardstock and ink. I decided I wanted to start concentrating on just the colors that were staying on, and not so much of the colors that were going.

At first I started with ink. It was shocking, I'll admit, to pile all those ink pads on the table, then add the spots, reinkers, craft spots, and even ink cartridge refills (we used to sell ink formulated just for the wheel cartridges). Looking at the holes left in my collection, waiting for the new ink pads, I felt a little bit sick.

But then I started doing the same with the cardstock. And I found that some of the colors that are going had not been my favorites, far from it! I still had unopened packages of Glorious Green and Lovely Lilac that I had had a long time...they still had the old item number tags without the large label that cardstock packs have now...it's been a couple of years since they changed that! There are a couple I used fairly regularly like Green Galore and Brocade Blue that I may just keep around for personal use. I will keep all my 12 x 12 cardstock regardless, as I use what I want in scrapbooking.

Once I had rearranged my cardstock into the new color collections, even with the gaps waiting for the new colors, I was impressed by the clarity of the colors in their families and how pretty they looked arranged that way. It made me excited to be a demonstrator again!

I chucked the cardstock that's retiring into a box. If I find myself going into the box for a color in the next few months, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll be packaging it all up and selling it off except for my very favorite retiring colors. Which, I have to say, are not many.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #273  
Die Cut Diva

Sadly Brilliant Blue and Summer Sun are perfect for my kid's school colors....so in order to scrap book I need to order plenty!
Plus I love Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst and Mellow Moss.....
How do you decide how much to order???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #274  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
YES! Kits will be offered for the crayons, Markers, pastels, paper and ink pads
oh cool, you know what i would really like to see them do? last time they did this there was a "kit" for the chalks in the new colors...

I'd like to see them come out with an empty chalk box you can use your last time around new colors and add these new colors to it...

(that was a tough thing to find things to put the chalk into considering it got banged up in transit)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #275  
Compulsive Stamper

There is a serious artistic problem with the new colors. The saturation level of these colors is not varied enough. To create an artistically pleasing item, soft, pastel colors are needed in a palette. They are keeping very few soft colors. I think mainly because they aren't as useful in the ink products. They are however VERY useful in markers and in paper. People are going to have a difficult time coloring images in a pleasing way without more range in the pastels. Pastel inks are very useful too. They just need to be demonstrated in different techniques. The dropping of all the lavendar range is an extremely poor decision and one they will need to remedy. Kept too many in the dark red/purple range. Too big a shake up. I may become a former customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #276  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peege04View Post
There is a serious artistic problem with the new colors. The saturation level of these colors is not varied enough. To create an artistically pleasing item, soft, pastel colors are needed in a palette. They are keeping very few soft colors. I think mainly because they aren't as useful in the ink products. They are however VERY useful in markers and in paper. People are going to have a difficult time coloring images in a pleasing way without more range in the pastels. Pastel inks are very useful too. They just need to be demonstrated in different techniques. The dropping of all the lavendar range is an extremely poor decision and one they will need to remedy. Kept too many in the dark red/purple range. Too big a shake up. I may become a former customer.
I guess I'm fortunate in that the soft colors that I do use are staying: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I also prefer So Saffron over Barely Banana. These are the lighter colors I tend to use for my card bases and coloring.

I'll miss Almost Amethyst and Sage Shadow, but I'll be OK with a few extra paper packs and reinkers. I do wish Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, and Kiwi Kiss were coming out of retirement!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #277  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
I guess I'm fortunate in that the soft colors that I do use are staying: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I also prefer So Saffron over Barely Banana. These are the lighter colors I tend to use for my card bases and coloring.

I'll miss Almost Amethyst and Sage Shadow, but I'll be OK with a few extra paper packs and reinkers. I do wish Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, and Kiwi Kiss were coming out of retirement!
Three of my favs too.....I stocked up on those when they were "IN". Will have to stock up on Moss, I love it for layers on leaves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #278  

Just wanted to throw this out there....

For all those concerned about colors for scrapping (school colors and what not). The colors in MDS will not retire, once you buy it you can used them FOR-EV-ER! If you have MDS this could possibly solve your problem.

I f you don't maybe you should consider buying it! If of course you can afford it (don't flame me, i'm only trying to offer suggestions to address the many concerns). Anyway, it's just an idea I thought of. And it really is a fun program to use and you can make neat things....and scrap at the airport while waiting for a flight (that's my fave part, I HATE the airport!).

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #279  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peege04View Post
Almost Amethyst, I will say, is one of the colors I will miss. Very useful for shadows on snow, but then I will still have the marker. All the darker purples can be stamped off or used to watercolor in a lighter shade, so I think it will still be possible to watercolor nicely with the new palette.

One thing I will NOT miss about those purples (and Ballet Blue too) is that the dyes can be fugitive in the cardstock, i.e. they will fade badly when exposed to light. Even though my stamp room is in the basement, I still have had to be careful about how I store cardstock in those colors because if you even had one piece lying on top of another, you would find that the rest of the cardstock had faded around it. It has always been a headache to make sure that no cardstock was exposed to the light. I was even contemplating putting some sort of cover on the slots of my paper sorter that held those colors. Won't have to now.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #280  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcbabeView Post
Don't forget, one use for a Yo Yo Yellow is cleaning stained stamp pads!
Why? or How???
Reply With Quote Likes