Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #201  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I look at the new color families, to my eye, Old Olive would fit better in the Regals or Subtles, and Wild Wasabi should be in the brights. Actually, I wish they had dropped Old Olive in favor of Kiwi Kiss. But I am thrilled about Wild Wasabi and Pink Pirouette returning.

Will miss Almost Amethyst, Brilliant Blue, and Barely Banana--I love a soft yellow.

Also, I think there are too many browns--and they need more purples. Maybe purples will be in the In Colors?

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #202  
Embossing Fanatic

Hmmm, I just looked again at the new colors - I currently use Blush Blossom to "color" any character stamps (Sassy Suzie, etc.) that are fair-skinned. Not sure I see a new one that will work. I'm surprised that there aren't more greens and purples (esp. lights.) I'll be hanging on tight to all of my retiring colors that's for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #203  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetie-ScrapsView Post
Hmmm, I just looked again at the new colors - I currently use Blush Blossom to "color" any character stamps (Sassy Suzie, etc.) that are fair-skinned. Not sure I see a new one that will work. I'm surprised that there aren't more greens and purples (esp. lights.) I'll be hanging on tight to all of my retiring colors that's for sure!
My demonstrator told me they would keep the blush blossom in the marker for the skin question.
I am excited about the new colors but I love to water color so I might order a blush blossom re-inker.
Lois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #204  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetie-ScrapsView Post
Blush Blossom will still be available in a marker! But I like using the paper for punch art "skin".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #205  
Glitter Queen

Default ARgh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
How bout this for irritating, my DH is almost done making me an ink pad holder. I told him I wanted 5 rows of 12. One for each family and an extra for inclors that I have. I wanted it to only hold my SU pads. Now he'll have to build another one. Not a total loss but irritating.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed the near absence of purple! I feel like there won't be as much choice in shade of color. To me that is kinda sad.
How irritatingly ironic is THAT? I did something similar just last weekend - using wenchie's idea using foam core board to make ink shelves, however I went a little over the top...over 100 slots for ink. Left a little room to grow ;)

If DH doesn't get you a new design made, PM me and I'll try to explain how I made mine using hot glue (still recovering from blisters) and foam core.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #206  
Inking Addict

My only complaint is no lavender and very few purple choices. I loved the Pale Plum and Orchid Opulance. Seems like it would have been good to keep one shade subtle, regal and bright of each of the main colors - red, green, blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow etc...I do like many of the added colors though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirterView Post
Blush Blossom will still be available in a marker! But I like using the paper for punch art "skin".
i guess you will have to stock up on this card stock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #208  
Insane Embellisher

Does anybody know if there will be an option to purchase ONLY the new colors in watercolor wonder crayons and markers? That would be an awesome option!!!!

Will they also be offering the individual markers for the new in colors or will we still need to buy a set of all the markers?

I'm still getting over the shock, but I'm adjusting quickly. I actually only starting getting the basic 48 in 2005.

I have SEVEN grandaughters who love purple and pink!!!!!! Yes, the bold brights! (The oldest is only 6!!)

When I explained to DH what SU was doing, he said "You better stock up on all the pink and purple cardstock for your granddaughters will have a fit! You know what colors they like their cards made out of! You also better figure out what reinkers you need more of!" (Can't help buy love the man!) (Thank goodness we have two grandsons now, too!)

Really though, the one color I will truly miss is the Mellow Moss - that color is used throughout my house!

I'm sure all the old colors will coordinate just fine with all the new colors and since I've not bought ANY in colors because of the limited time they are available, I can't wait to buy rich razzleberry!

So I'll just ease into the new colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #209  
Cardstock Collector

It isn't the end of the world, perhaps we should organise in colours as Late Blossom has suggested on her blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #210  
Stazon Splitcoast

they will probably have the In Colors markers in the set like last time (I would be suprized if they had them single)

And Im not Sure about the Water Color Crayons they will probably have them in the color families like they are now so you prolly won't be able to buy just the new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:41 AM   #211  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_dView Post
Just to clarify again: Nichole Heady has been the design power behind PTI from when it was first formed in Feb 2007--she did not join in Aug 2009.

PTI has been a hit with a recognizable style well before Aug 09.
REALLY? Because in Feb 07 she was touting McGill, Queen & Co, Basic Grey, and other Digi companies on her blog, and still designing with other products for Paper Crafts magazine.

I am not going to berate this point. So the company is 3 years old. What will they have at 5, or ten? Will they have to make changes to stay fresh? That was my point. Sorry it was lost on one detail.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #212  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
But August 2009 is when they "hit" so to speak which is what I was alluding to. The original owners are part of a 20+ year (I think) family paper business, but I couldn't use that date. I also used Aug 09 because, IMO, the addition of Nicole Heady and PTI first venture into CHA is when the company took on its identity as a cohesive product line.

You refer to PTI style. IMHO, August 09 is when they got it!
There are 3 original owners, and they are the current owners as well. Nichole Heady has been a co-owner since the company was first created in 2007. Yes, Julie and Jane, the other 2 co-owners, have been involved in a family printing business, but that is separate from PTI. I think the cohesive product line was established long before Aug. 2009. They started carrying their own line of colored ink, paper and ribbon in 2008. But I actually think it was before that, even. They have had their own style since their very first stamp set. I have earned at least one of their free Anniversary Sets every year since they opened! If they didn't have their own style long before Aug 2009, I doubt they would have had enough followers to leave SCS and create their own forum and gallery in Feb 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 AM   #213  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
Does anybody know if there will be an option to purchase ONLY the new colors in watercolor wonder crayons and markers? That would be an awesome option!!!!

Will they also be offering the individual markers for the new in colors or will we still need to buy a set of all the markers?

I'm still getting over the shock, but I'm adjusting quickly. I actually only starting getting the basic 48 in 2005.

I have SEVEN grandaughters who love purple and pink!!!!!! Yes, the bold brights! (The oldest is only 6!!)

When I explained to DH what SU was doing, he said "You better stock up on all the pink and purple cardstock for your granddaughters will have a fit! You know what colors they like their cards made out of! You also better figure out what reinkers you need more of!" (Can't help buy love the man!) (Thank goodness we have two grandsons now, too!)

Really though, the one color I will truly miss is the Mellow Moss - that color is used throughout my house!

I'm sure all the old colors will coordinate just fine with all the new colors and since I've not bought ANY in colors because of the limited time they are available, I can't wait to buy rich razzleberry!

Jen give your husband a hug for each of us on SCS! My husband just rolled his eys and said, "gee, wonder why they would do that" in his best sarcastic voice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #214  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Sorry Erin - it's purple. Because dd (14yo) hates purple and loves pink ... and she doesn't like Razzleberry!
Maybe she should be your dd? I'll send her down for a visit sometime!
save your money, you will be wanting to do that for the next 2 years
signed - mom of a 15 yr old dd
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #215  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
She's awesome! Great with kids! Babysits! cooks! Irons! Sings! Acts! Dances!
(Yes, I love her lots!)
So ... maybe for a visit sometime!
Wait Gail, i just read down to this post, send her here she is a clone of my daughter (except the iron, I am not sure my kids know this exists since I have never taken the boxes of the shelf that hides mine ) they would have fun together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #216  
Stazon Splitcoast

Attention:

After careful consideration I must admit that Rich Razzleberry is indeed purple.

I believe I was confusing it with the pink-ish color in that pack. I don't really know. But yeah, it's purple. Kind of a wierd purple to be a main color though. But whatever.

Gail your daughter is still welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 AM   #217  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post

YES! Kits will be offered for the crayons, Markers, pastels, paper and ink pads
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 AM   #218  
Compulsive Stamper

That is absolutely true. Other companies do change their colors and patterns. I'm not against that. But with SU, I use the cardstock and inks as base for all my other creating, and it would be costly and an extensive process to change that. I have all 48 inks, and I heard 30 of those are retiring? I'm not going to replace thirty inks. I just don't want to invest that much money right now.

I'm sure a lot of the new colors will be pretty, and I totally understand wanting to change. But it's been a good long time since I've seen any stamps in SU's catalogs that I could not live without. Accessories the same way. I'm lucky that I live in a town with three major scrapbook stores so that I can procure just about anything my heart desires without paying shipping. SU is already more expensive than what I can get locally, then add the shipping. Add in that I ordered four CS stacks at least 2.5 weeks ago, and I don't have them yet. The reasons for me to continue being an SU customer have been steadily diminishing.

What I'll probably do is make sure I've got plenty of cardstock for the retiring colors and buy any that I don't want to live without. Then, I'll make a little ring of squares of all my SU colors and go to the LSS and see what I can find to match as closely as possible. Then, see how it goes. I've been really loyal to SU ink and CS specifically because the colors coordinate, and it takes all the hassle of matching out of the creative equation. But I'm just not prepared to overhaul my whole ink and cardstock stash, specifically financially, right now. It's not feasible. I think a lot of people are going to feel the same way, and SU might see a dip in their revenue because of it.

H.

Quote:

Originally Posted by memories4youView Post
So we love Basic Grey, American Crafts, My Minds Eye, etc, etc, etc, just to name a few.They change not only the designs and prints, but they come up with new colors almost every season... and we continue to purchase their products (and love them)...from ribbos, buttons, paper, etc. Well SU is doing the same thing, changing with the times not remaining dated and behind the trends and what I call winnig products to please the customer. They are trying to keep their appeal and building on their success in appealing to a broad range of customers (beginners, advanced, old, young and in between). To me thats good business practice. It is said that we cannot please everyone no matter what we do.
No, I am not a SU demo, just A VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!;)
Oh and yes, I do use other products other than SU.
Just like clothes and groceries, we do not purchase it all from one store, do we?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #219  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
YES! Kits will be offered for the crayons, Markers, pastels, paper and ink pads
Will they offer kits for the stampin spots? I prefer the spots over the full sized ink pads.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #220  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazyView Post
That is absolutely true. Other companies do change their colors and patterns. I'm not against that. But with SU, I use the cardstock and inks as base for all my other creating, and it would be costly and an extensive process to change that. I have all 48 inks, and I heard 30 of those are retiring? I'm not going to replace thirty inks. I just don't want to invest that much money right now.

I'm sure a lot of the new colors will be pretty, and I totally understand wanting to change. But it's been a good long time since I've seen any stamps in SU's catalogs that I could not live without. Accessories the same way. I'm lucky that I live in a town with three major scrapbook stores so that I can procure just about anything my heart desires without paying shipping. SU is already more expensive than what I can get locally, then add the shipping. Add in that I ordered four CS stacks at least 2.5 weeks ago, and I don't have them yet. The reasons for me to continue being an SU customer have been steadily diminishing.

What I'll probably do is make sure I've got plenty of cardstock for the retiring colors and buy any that I don't want to live without. Then, I'll make a little ring of squares of all my SU colors and go to the LSS and see what I can find to match as closely as possible. Then, see how it goes. I've been really loyal to SU ink and CS specifically because the colors coordinate, and it takes all the hassle of matching out of the creative equation. But I'm just not prepared to overhaul my whole ink and cardstock stash, specifically financially, right now. It's not feasible. I think a lot of people are going to feel the same way, and SU might see a dip in their revenue because of it.

H.
Or it may increase sales. There are just as many people who are excited for this change and have been asking for it as there are who don't care for it. They can't please everyone all the time although it would be great if they could! I'm sorry that you don't like our selection as well as you used to. Personally I love the sets and stuff that we have! Now, as for other companies not so much. It's all really a matter of taste, not saying one is better than another, just different is all.

And you don't have to do a compete "overhaul" right away. Give it some time, purchase as you are able (if you want to) and maybe you'll fall in love with some of the new colors, I know I will!

They did what they felt was right...people are going to complain because of it...but people would complain if they didn't change anything....so again, unfortunately no company can please all the people all the time, darn:-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #221  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

With the color changes, does anyone know if SU will begin selling individual color ink spots/cubes or will they continue to package them by color families?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #222  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewsgirlView Post
At first when I heard this news I was shocked. Especially since i just sold off a bunch of my retired In Colors that i didn't care for, but kept the ones I really liked. Then I saw the lists and realized I have all but one (Riding Hood red) old In Color that will be making it's way back and i can live without Riding hood Red for sure.

I was also concerned that I would be losing a lot of colors that i love with so many retiring, but again, when i saw the list, I realized that most of them were colors that I rarely ever use anymore. The only one I'll REALLY miss is Taken with Teal. I will slightly miss Pale Plum,Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Close To Cocoa. And usually when they're out of sight and out of mind I no longer miss them at all.

The only problem I have is that I submit often to magazines and only use current product for that, so I might have to revamp my supplies a little.

I like lots of the new colors and feel like this is a good things for SU. It was time for a breath of fresh air in their color department.

I have to say, though, that I'm REALLY disappointed that Cool Caribbean didn't make the cut. In my humble opinion, that was the greatest In Color that ever existed. But i plan to use PTI Aqua Mist in it's place instead.
I was thinking the same thing, as big of deal everyone made about Cool Caribbean when it came out I thought for sure it would be one of the new (or returning) colors.
And I on the fence about the change, some things make me happy about it and some things make me sad about it. I do love some of the new (or returning) colors but sad to see others go. However I have found myself buying more paper from Archiver's and it matches closely to some of the retiring colors so I don't feel the need to stock up. I might get a few reinkers but that is it.
Project 365 blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #223  

Quote:

Originally Posted by patintnView Post
With the color changes, does anyone know if SU will begin selling individual color ink spots/cubes or will they continue to package them by color families?
I don't recall seeing anything about individual spots but there is a lot of info so I could have missed something! I feel like I'm back in school and need to study for all this, haha. Any of you other fabulously smart demos out there know?:-)

I do know there will be a getting started spot collection and I assume that they will continue to sell them in the color family collections as well...it's so hard to type collection as opposed to family!!!!:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #224  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivi's MommyView Post
I'd be annoyed too but remember you can exchange anything unopened if it's within 90 days. You have to pay to ship it back to SU but they cover shipping the new stuff to you. HTH!
How do you go about returning something to SU? Do you have to go through your demonstrator? I couldn't find information on returns on SU's website or on my customer order form.:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #225  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcostView Post
How do you go about returning something to SU? Do you have to go through your demonstrator? I couldn't find information on returns on SU's website or on my customer order form.:confused:
You can only exchange not return for cash back, and the items need to be unopened. You will need to contact your demonstrator so she can facilitate the exchange.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #226  
Stampin' Fool

Everyone keeps throwing around PTI and I thought the same thing - will they still have the same colors years from now? If, in 10 years, they have colors that are not being purchased except by just a few people, will they really continue to make those colors and let them sit on the shelves? I think not. Any company that does not change is going to go belly up eventually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #227  
Inking Addict

I think it's great news. I love new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #228  
Cardstock Collector

Let's face it...this is all about $$$. SU is banking on its customers stocking up on the old colors and then purchasing the new. I have spent a ton of money over the past few years on color coordinated ink, paper, ribbon, etc. I have been a good customer and this irks me to no end. I'm all for change but this seems a bit drastic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #229  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
Attention:

After careful consideration I must admit that Rich Razzleberry is indeed purple.

I believe I was confusing it with the pink-ish color in that pack. I don't really know. But yeah, it's purple. Kind of a wierd purple to be a main color though. But whatever.

LOL! I was gonna post a comment to your thought of it as pink...but it has been way to hard to keep up with all of the color chatter!!

I love, Love, LOVE Rich Razzleberry, so the fact that it is staying thrills me!! I am not a big pink fan...though the pink pirouette is so soft I can't help but love it! I do love purple in more saturated tones, so elegant eggplant and razzleberry appeal to me over the lavender shades. Having said that, I will miss having some type of lavender for cards I send to people who DO like lavender.

No way to please all of us, is there?? ;)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #230  

Quote:

Originally Posted by linjc25View Post
Let's face it...this is all about $$$. SU is banking on its customers stocking up on the old colors and then purchasing the new. I have spent a ton of money over the past few years on color coordinated ink, paper, ribbon, etc. I have been a good customer and this irks me to no end. I'm all for change but this seems a bit drastic.
Of course it's about money, SU is a business, businesses are in business to make money! SU isn't doing this to screw you or it would change clolors eltirely every year. A lot of thier colors were looking tired and it was time for a change. They also had a lot of colors that were very poor sellers. Why have all that inventory taking up room in the warehouse, now we will be able to have more neat sccessories and things due to more room.

SOOOOOOO MANY customers and demos have been requesting color changes for a LONG time. SU must move with the times and current trends just like all companies do....would you like an avocado or harvest gold refrigerator today?????

They could be jerks about it and not offer the kits they are going to...they could just say if you want the new stuff you have to purchase the whole set of markers over or WWC or whatever. But they aren't, there will kits and they will probably be priced so that you end up getting a bit of a discount as opposed to purchasing them individually (kind of like the block bundle).

And at least they gave us all fair warning. We can plan what to get, stock up on things that are leaving and what not. Hobby Lobby or Michael's or any other store isn't going to do that...they are going to discontinue something and not tell you and you go in and it's just gone when it sells out. At least here we know and can make arrangements.

So again, yeah it is about the bottom line, some colors weren't selling so why have them? They were tired and old looking as compared to a lot of the competition so it's time to move on and get with the times. They are going to get a chunk of change from me and I couldn't be happier about it!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #231  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

I am sorry you feel so frustrated. This is a tough change for a lot of people.

Is it about money? Well, to a certain extent, yes. But Stampin' Up! is a business, not a club. Frankly, they are "supposed" to make money. They did two years of research, and many of their colors simply were not selling well at all. (Glorious Green?? I had to force myself to use it for St. Patrick's Day!)
Each of us has favorites to be sure...but the company has to look at overall sales over the years.

Additionally, many people have purchased all of the colors in ink pads and markers. So those customers need new options, or sales will decline. In other words, if all of your customers have all of your product, how do you keep a business going?? (I realize "all" is an exaggeration...just trying to make a point)

I have some friends in other direct sales business...Mary Kay cosmetics, PartyLite candles, Longaberger baskets. I was so disappointed when Longaberger retired the fabric I had in my baskets...could not match my stuff any more. PartyLite stopped selling 2 of my favorite fragrance/colors. MK retires lipstick colors on a regular basis. Goodness, even the Pfaltzgraf stoneware pattern I picked when I got married retired 6 months after my wedding, so I could not add matching pieces.

But each of these companies continues to grow, to thrive...to provide products that someone (like me!) will buy because the quality is known and trusted.

I don't want you to think that your sentiments are silly to me...they are not. I only want to try to put things in perspective. I was shocked when I saw the 29 Fond Farewell colors. It is a shake-up, to be sure. I hope, after a while, individuals such as yourself will see the benefit of this. Your inks and card stock are still good. Re-inkers will always be good for coloring and other techniques with many coordinated colors from the revised collections.

Maybe we should all go into our spaces tonight and make something with our faves that will soon retire...show 'em some love! ;)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #232  
Cardstock Collector

Hey Minders,
Thanks for the lecture however, in your earnest defense of Stampin Up you have missed the point entirely. I stopped shopping at Michaels and Hobby Lobby because I wanted quality color coordinated supplies that I could replenish as needed. So now I have all this stuff and I can't replenish it. I'm sure you can understand my frustration. As for the color of my refrigerator...I think that's a personal preference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #233  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
Attention:

Erin, you are so cute!!! Rich Razzleberry.... hmm let me look. OH yeah - it is purple - I almost mixed it up with Melon Mambo!;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #234  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Hey Minders,
Thanks for the lecture however, in your earnest defense of Stampin Up you have missed the point entirely. I stopped shopping at Michaels and Hobby Lobby because I wanted quality color coordinated supplies that I could replenish as needed. So now I have all this stuff and I can't replenish it. I'm sure you can understand my frustration. As for the color of my refrigerator...I think that's a personal preference.
I don't really think she was lecturing, just explaining. SU is simply responding to a majority of their customers who wanted updated colors. I'm not thrilled with the change either, some of my favorite colors are retiring. However, I think SU made a business decision that they felt made them better able to compete in this market.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #235  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, back in 2005 my then demo told me to hold off by one month to purchase ink pads as colors were changing.

So now all my ink pads and markers are 5 years old. I just placed an SU order for saleabration and "forgot" to add all the reinkers in earthelements. How I forgot, I have no idea! But lucky for me I guess!

So now I need new ink pads and markers, 5 years that pretty good I think.

I will chose and buy as needed for the new colors and replace the retiring colors I want to keep in reinkers and paper. I have 2 1/2 months to do this. I think for what I want this time and money spent will be affordable. I had intentions on buying tons of reinkers anyway, so this cost in replacing I have been planning since christmas when I was making my christmas cards.

I have not bought any stamps since dec and I have had all my crafting/stamping stuff packed up since dec due to a military move that took a long time. Since I unpacked my spending consisted of $18 in paper and emblishments and $29 for a new paper cutter both purchases with coupons.

And yes-I have all in colors papers, ink pads and reinkers. I never sold or gave them away when these colors retired. So this in turn saves me some money on the new color colection purchases!! Yay Me for keeping all old in colors!!!

Anyway to sum it all up-I am very excited about the new color collection.

Just remember-if you don't like a color, you don't have to buy it.

Buy what you like and what you will use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #236  

Quote:

Hey Minders,
I did not miss the point. I LOVE SU for the matchy matchy too....and we still have that...just not in the exact same colors which is sad yes but they must change with the times. And I didn't mean my post as a lecture, just stating my views as you did yours. Yours is not the first post to that effect and I didn't mean to single you out really but it was the last one I read and I finally had time to post. Sorry if I offened you or anything, really didn't mean to!

I do feel your frustration, I was PO'd to say the least when I found out and you'll see that in a lot of my posts but I ended up coming to terms with it and now I'm excited. Excited for all the new matchy matchy stuff that's coming up (I've seen some of it and it's goooood).

It's not like SU ever gave a promise or a guarantee to never change it's color palate for all of eternity. (Seriously, how boring...and that's a big deal for ME, one who fears change to say!) I think a lot of people kind of saw the writing on the wall with the start of the in colors. Didn't mean to offend with the avocado green thing either but it was merely a point that things including colors come and go in and out of style, sadly most things get discontinued at some point in time. Another demo used poodle skirts as an example. Another posters example about mary kay lipstick is good as well (don't get my mom started on that, she's been complaining for MONTHS that she can't get just the right shade of blush or lipstick now....MONTHS, lol). They seem to d/c stuff constantly! Now that would PO me....but I wouldn't complain for MONTHS to my mom....anyway

Now, yes you won't be able to replenish your stash but you can stock up and it should last a good long while. I stamp almost everyday and it takes me a while to go through a pack of CS. Ink pads and reinkers last a long time too. And hey, maybe you'll even fall in love with some of the new colors.

So SU might lose out on some sales from people who are upset but they are going to gain new customers too. I think they've done a good job at trying to please both groups as they just can't please both 100% of the time.

Again, I'm sorry you're upset by the change. I do know how you feel as I was there a few days ago. I hope you feel better about it and find some colors you LOVE!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #237  

Received 138 Likes on 75 Posts

the pads last a long long time, i have some i have never inked up in 5 years that i use all the time. and if you like the color, you can still use it. demos can use their retireing product, just not at a demo. demos are crafters, and make cards to demo but also to give away, or make personal scrapbooks. i will use my retired paper on my personal projects, and the colors i dont like that are going, i will sell at my annual retirement stamp party. luckily for me i only want to keep 3 retireing colors, and so im happy to clear out unused colors. and as a demo, i dont feel the need to own it all, i can do a demo with my favorite colors. i dont have to buy it all (i'll come pretty close though ). as for things like paper, people may not like that they will eventually run out of a color, but they can still use their retired inks on projects that coordinate with the retired color. there are so many pretty combinations of old and new colors. i think the new colors are great and im looking forward to getting my hands on them. i will stock up on a pack of blush blossom though!

My Blog
http://bethrush.stampinup.net/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #238  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzierView Post
the pads last a long long time, i have some i have never inked up in 5 years that i use all the time. and if you like the color, you can still use it. demos can use their retireing product, just not at a demo. demos are crafters, and make cards to demo but also to give away, or make personal scrapbooks. i will use my retired paper on my personal projects, and the colors i dont like that are going, i will sell at my annual retirement stamp party. luckily for me i only want to keep 3 retireing colors, and so im happy to clear out unused colors. and as a demo, i dont feel the need to own it all, i can do a demo with my favorite colors. i dont have to buy it all (i'll come pretty close though ). as for things like paper, people may not like that they will eventually run out of a color, but they can still use their retired inks on projects that coordinate with the retired color. there are so many pretty combinations of old and new colors. i think the new colors are great and im looking forward to getting my hands on them. i will stock up on a pack of blush blossom though!
Can you tell me how?????? LOL I can't seem to do that, hehe.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #239  
Glitter Queen

Retiring few colors "On a Regular Basis" IS GOOD! If SU had been "on the ball" all along, they wouldn't be having this problem. I wish SU all the luck! Quite risky in this economy. I wouldn't recommend their business plan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #240  
Rubber Obsessor

Honestly - I bought all the ink pads, paper and re-inkers about 2 years ago and am sorry I did - some of the colors I rarely use - now all my pads are drying up - some which I have never even used - all because I "had" to have all of the colors. I learned that I should just have bought my fav's and forgot about craving the entire collection. This will just let me pare down my pads to those I really love. Not really a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Likes