Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #161  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
THIS IS FUNNY!!!!

So I'm trying to explain to DH the color changes and he just stood there.....looked at me with a STRAIGHT face and said ...."This is SCANDLOUS!! We need to call somebody!! It MUST be illegal.....where are they located....we need to call the District Attourney of that state!!!"

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!!!

Apparently, we have the same husband....!

LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #162  
Polyshrink Goddess

At first I was upset - as I have invested in the colors that will be retiring - I'm not a demo and am on a limited budget - that said - when I went to the announcement thread and saw the colors retiring - I realized (with a few exceptions like pink passion and close to cocoa) that although I have the ink and paper - I don't use most of those colors - I try to use them but don't like how they look so I abandon them in my projects

so maybe the new colors will work better for me - again - it will take me a while to get the new ones and that frustrates me - but the idea of having colors that "work better" for my projects outweighs the frustration.

But that doesn't mean I won't get some colors/inks papers from some other companies as well - I am not a demo and don't have to be loyal to 1 company. I have always loved the quality of SU! paper and from what you guys say here PTI and GinaK have good quality paper as well and I've always planned - budget allowing- to branch out with them some too. Over all I'm glad SU! has listened to customers/demos about bringing back some of my all time favorite colors - like pink pirouette!

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #163  
dlm
Kookie Creator

The only in-colour that I loved and am glad to see returning is Pink Pirouette. I'm really going to miss about 16 colours that are being retired. Since I don't have the money to stock up, I'm just going to have to let go of all of my favourites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #164  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekip2View Post
I realized (with a few exceptions like pink passion and close to cocoa) that although I have the ink and paper - I don't use most of those colors - I try to use them but don't like how they look so I abandon them in my projects
Me too - when I checked out all those that are retiring against supplies I have I realised that 3/4 of them I never ever use - it amazed me - I had no idea I didnt use so many colors!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #165  
Matboard Maniac

I am a demo for nine years and this is the second color change I have gone through. Do I regret the money I will spend? Yes! Do I think the change is good? Yes, I actually do. The color pallets are fresh and exciting and they are getting rid of some of the redundant colors we have had for years...too many blues, too many greens. Will I be holding on to my old colors? Maybe some of them. I will tell my customers to buy refills for all of their pads and any colors they think they can't do without, buy at least one marker and one pack of paper. That will last then for a long time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #166  

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I just discovered Bordering Blue last month. I guess my demo hadn't ever used it, as I didn't realize what a great blue it is. I'll be ordering 3 or 4 packs and when they are gone I'll be on to other colors. It will take me a long time to use those four packs!
I like Bordering blue with Holiday cards-it's a cool blue with snow scenes.
I will stock up on apricot, banana, Pale plum, lavender, orchid, hunter, rust and ruby. The ONLY way I have ever gotten cameo was in combo packs and I still have at least 4 sheets. Glad it's going! I do understand some people love the primary colors, but I rarely use them. I could get one combo pack to keep me suplied for a while.

My go to green is garden and wasabi looks nice tonely with it. Wish they had brought back kiwi to go with olive. While we're talking tonal matches-why get rid of Pale Plum???? I like my tone on tone!!!!!! I'm still ambivalent about river rock-didn't like it at first, but have used it a little.

I do believe part of PTI's popularity has to do with new fresh colors (but they need to add more). I totally get SU! going more current and as a non demo I'm happy to use whatever color strikes my fancy today. I think it will be Vintage Violet ;^) I'm lucky, I do have a stockpile!!!
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #167  
Glitter Queen

Smile Same Reaction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
THIS IS FUNNY!!!!

So I'm trying to explain to DH the color changes and he just stood there.....looked at me with a STRAIGHT face and said ...."This is SCANDLOUS!! We need to call somebody!! It MUST be illegal.....where are they located....we need to call the District Attourney of that state!!!"

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!!!
My DH had the same reaction - only I think he said, "Ohhh, the humanity!"

I had gotten myself wadded up over this when I'd heard, but now I'm excited about the change. (Probably because I don't own every color known to SU) I only buy the colors I LOVE, and the reinkers - so that when this happens (and it will again in 2 years, so prepare yourselves!) I don't feel as if it is such a huge loss. Additionally, this gives me every justification to hoard ;)

I'll be stocking up on the colors I'll miss most, with reinkers - and embrace the new change. I'm excited to see River Rock, and the Pirouette Pink, since I am relatively new to stamping, I missed them on the first go round. Sounds like they will be new "hoardables".

Happy Stampin' Ladies ~always.
~Charlotte
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlmView Post
The only in-colour that I loved and am glad to see returning is Pink Pirouette. I'm really going to miss about 16 colours that are being retired. Since I don't have the money to stock up, I'm just going to have to let go of all of my favourites.
I'd be willing to be you money you will find new favorites!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #169  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
This is in the "it figgers" catagory for me. At SAB I finished my collection of all color families. Ink, paper, reinkers, markers. grrrrrrr.
Me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #170  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

My hubby must be strange.... ok... well... maybe he is I told him about the color changes last night and the first thing he said was "WOW! How exciting!" I almost fell on the floor. He also reminded me that we'd been shopping last week and I was walking around and oohing and aahing at some of the gorgeous new purples and reds and said... gosh I hope we get some of those in July. :p
So, with that... I think he gave me carte blanche to add more goodies to my stash:twisted:
jaydee

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemyhorsesView Post
My DH had the same reaction - only I think he said, "Ohhh, the humanity!"

I had gotten myself wadded up over this when I'd heard, but now I'm excited about the change. (Probably because I don't own every color known to SU) I only buy the colors I LOVE, and the reinkers - so that when this happens (and it will again in 2 years, so prepare yourselves!) I don't feel as if it is such a huge loss. Additionally, this gives me every justification to hoard ;)

I'll be stocking up on the colors I'll miss most, with reinkers - and embrace the new change. I'm excited to see River Rock, and the Pirouette Pink, since I am relatively new to stamping, I missed them on the first go round. Sounds like they will be new "hoardables".

Happy Stampin' Ladies ~always.
~Charlotte
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #171  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeestampingView Post
My hubby must be strange.... ok... well... maybe he is I told him about the color changes last night and the first thing he said was "WOW! How exciting!" I almost fell on the floor. He also reminded me that we'd been shopping last week and I was walking around and oohing and aahing at some of the gorgeous new purples and reds and said... gosh I hope we get some of those in July. :p
So, with that... I think he gave me carte blanche to add more goodies to my stash:twisted:
jaydee
Definitely sounds like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #172  
Matboard Maniac

At first when I heard this news I was shocked. Especially since i just sold off a bunch of my retired In Colors that i didn't care for, but kept the ones I really liked. Then I saw the lists and realized I have all but one (Riding Hood red) old In Color that will be making it's way back and i can live without Riding hood Red for sure.

I was also concerned that I would be losing a lot of colors that i love with so many retiring, but again, when i saw the list, I realized that most of them were colors that I rarely ever use anymore. The only one I'll REALLY miss is Taken with Teal. I will slightly miss Pale Plum,Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Close To Cocoa. And usually when they're out of sight and out of mind I no longer miss them at all.

The only problem I have is that I submit often to magazines and only use current product for that, so I might have to revamp my supplies a little.

I like lots of the new colors and feel like this is a good things for SU. It was time for a breath of fresh air in their color department.

I have to say, though, that I'm REALLY disappointed that Cool Caribbean didn't make the cut. In my humble opinion, that was the greatest In Color that ever existed. But i plan to use PTI Aqua Mist in it's place instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #173  
Insane Embellisher

Default I miss KK too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I like wasabi too but I'm really shocked kiwi kiss didn't make it, people raved over it! Maybe it was too close to old olive?
I, too, was sad to see Kiwi Kiss wasn't on the returning list. I had stocked up on CS before it retired, but I'm now down to a little over one pack because it's my go-to color ~ the one color that seems to go with almost every one of my DP mat stacks. Such a versatile color. I guess I'll have to develop a "KK" test like someone else mentioned they use for their RiverRock CS.....it has to be a VERY special card for a VERY special person to justify using my precious KK stock!

And, now that the shock has worn off, I realize I'll survive this change. Fortunately, I established a hard-and-fast rule for myself three years ago ~ all stamp pad purchases MUST include the coordinating re-inker, so I'm in okay shape as to reinkers. I won't, however, be able to stock up on the CS that is retiring due to my current budget situation. I suspect the reason many have expressed dismay or even anger over this decision is that they're no longer in a fiscal position to stock up, like they might have been able to do the last time SU made a drastic color reorganization. I know MY financial situation is drastically different than it was in 2005 and I don't expect it to improve significantly anytime soon. [I work for the State of California, for Pete's sake!! I feel lucky each month when my furlough-starved paycheck clears the bank!] So I'll do without or find a Bazzil shade that matches okay. Since I don't use colored CS for my bases, this works for me, and I've yet to find a S/U color that I can't find something close enough in Bazzill. I also agree that it would have been nice to learn of this before or during SAB, when the financial sting wouldn't have been so sharp, since there would've been a 'reward' for stocking up.

Alas, life goes on. In the grand scheme of things, this will matter little over the long run. I just need to keep my obsession in perspective!! ;)
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10

Last edited by kitkat55; 04-07-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #174  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Colors change -- how many of us are still in mourning over Mint Melody, Mauve Mist and Marvelous Magenta? At first I was upset but realized that even though I have all the Bold Brights, I hardly ever use them. Time for a refresh.

I will be stocking up on Apricot Appeal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #175  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I painted most of the interior of my house in the mid 90s. Lo and behold Benjamin Moore changed its colors! When I went back my gorgeous color was gone. I was able to get a very close match using another company.

It's the nature of retail, especially anything to do with design. Color trends change. Everything changes. You buy 8,000 yards of narrow ribbon and poof, it's yesterday's news and you "need" wide ribbon or your ribbon looks stale. It's the nature of the business and it is what keeps the economy going!

I debated for about a year: SU's stuff or PTI's stuff. I finally went with PTI because of the color choices. I thought SU's were stale and just not attractive to me. So I invested a lot in some of PTI's paper ink and ribbons, donated my large SU ink pads to a charity and the rest is history.

If SU had this color palette just 2 months ago I never would have purchased PTI's. C'est la vie!! The new colors are gorgeous and yes, it is pricey to switch over but there's no law that says anyone, even a demo, has to get all the new colors at once.
Spew!!! So true---you need to market that saying, I would so put that on my craft room wall!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #176  
Mad Swapper

Ooops, posted in wrong thread, been removed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #177  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I LOVE new stuff, new colors, new paper, ribbon, YUM!
BRING ON THE NEW!

I was actually thinking of not using SU! anymore at all but I really do like that new yellow....hmmmm....darn it..............LOL!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #178  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewsgirlView Post
At first when I heard this news I was shocked. Especially since i just sold off a bunch of my retired In Colors that i didn't care for, but kept the ones I really liked. Then I saw the lists and realized I have all but one (Riding Hood red) old In Color that will be making it's way back and i can live without Riding hood Red for sure.

I was also concerned that I would be losing a lot of colors that i love with so many retiring, but again, when i saw the list, I realized that most of them were colors that I rarely ever use anymore. The only one I'll REALLY miss is Taken with Teal. I will slightly miss Pale Plum,Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Close To Cocoa. And usually when they're out of sight and out of mind I no longer miss them at all.

The only problem I have is that I submit often to magazines and only use current product for that, so I might have to revamp my supplies a little.

I like lots of the new colors and feel like this is a good things for SU. It was time for a breath of fresh air in their color department.

I have to say, though, that I'm REALLY disappointed that Cool Caribbean didn't make the cut. In my humble opinion, that was the greatest In Color that ever existed. But i plan to use PTI Aqua Mist in it's place instead.
Oh, man! I'm really gonna miss Sage Shadow! It goes with so many papers from other companies, like Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket. bummer! But overall, I'm so happy that they're bringing back some of my faves, like river rock, wasabi, riding hood red, and pink pirouette. I still have these, and use them all the time! I'm a bit surprised that Cool Caribbean didn't come back...so many SCSers still talk about this color!

I think this was a smart move for SU. That color palette definitely needed refreshing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #179  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Untrapped SoulView Post
Well, I am glad to see I don't need to hoard Wild Wasabi any more! That is my favorite green!
To funny---I am out of Wild Wasabi and so, so happy that I will be able to get it again!
Don't get me started on Baja Breeze!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #180  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, after doing a quick catalog check, I noticed that the only In Color form 2009 that did not come back was Kiwi Kiss. Hmmm. Too bad. That was a nice color, too. The 2009 colors were very nice, IMO. I think from this year's stash, I will really miss Crushed Curry. I better stock up on that one, or hope that I love the new Daffodil color just as much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #181  

Baha Breeze...wahoooo...my absolute fav...of course along with wild wasabi...river rock...RHR...Razzleberry...Pink Pirouette...eeek...I think I have a bit of an in color addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #182  
Proud Fan Club Member

First off, I'm sorry for all of you Demo's that have all of the Retiring color's.:(

Total Bummer! And ouch on your pocket book.

On another note....
I'm super happy that they bought back Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi

I buy when I can, Cause being a Demo for another company leaves me a little bit of extra money to purchase from other companies.

I've been hoarding my Pink Pirouette and Wild Wasabi Cardstock for some time now.

And it's been really hard to use it.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #183  
Stampin' Fool

Looking at the new colors...I like them. I also agree with a post somewhere that said something about just because it is retired does not mean we can't use it. If you are a demo I understand things are a little different for you as those are your business supplies and you have to use the new stuff to sell the new stuff.

I think it would have been nice to have a gradual change. It does seem like an awful lot of colors to change all at one time. Of course that does not mean I have to have all of the new stuff all at once...I will just have to learn to pace my self...that is hard when you see so much new at one time...I always want it all NOW

Thinking about it...I only feel a little fussy because I have unused product that if I want more I will no longer be able to get. I have to wonder what my feeling would be if I had a color that the ink pad was dry and torn up and my paper was all gone...would I still be fussy or would I chalk it up to using it all and move on to the new stuff??? Hummm Don't know.

I think I will choose not to get to get worked up even though it has taken some time and $$$ over the years to get my supplies. I instead will worry about using what I have up...and then see what I feel like buying after that... it might be SU! it might not...heck it could be 5 years from now before I use up what I have...and then there will be all new colors again.

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #184  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Oh, man! I'm really gonna miss Sage Shadow! It goes with so many papers from other companies, like Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket. bummer! But overall, I'm so happy that they're bringing back some of my faves, like river rock, wasabi, riding hood red, and pink pirouette. I still have these, and use them all the time! I'm a bit surprised that Cool Caribbean didn't come back...so many SCSers still talk about this color!

I think this was a smart move for SU. That color palette definitely needed refreshing.
It's funny, but Sage Shadow has always been one of my favorites and it was always my go to color...until probably the last year or so. I tend to use celery, or garden green more now. Even Hunter, wasn't used much for Christmas cards like I normally would. (And I love the color). I find that my tastes have changed a bit. I have started going for the earth tones more than subltles..but same for my house. Going with wine and ivory rather than pink and light green. Can't wait to get my wasabi back too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #185  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
You got it right the first time. 10 in colors, each good for 2 years, 5 rotating out each year to be replaced with 5 new in colors.

I'm really excited about this!
So this year they will actually start with 5, not 10, so they don't all retire at the same time. Right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #186  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollyfanView Post
So this year they will actually start with 5, not 10, so they don't all retire at the same time. Right?
Hi there - that's correct. 5 this year then 5 next year. the first 5 will retire in 2012 and we will get 5 more.
i actually love the idea of keeping the in colors for 2 years. i was saying that i wasnt ready to give up my Melon Mambo and Rich Razz :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is anyone else getting confused by there being more than one thread on this topic? I'm not critizing, Just saying I feel like I want to talk in both but I also feel like I'm saying the same stuff over and over.

It's a great discussion though.

two great discussions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #188  
Gabfest Goddess

Did anyone notice with the new colors that they've almost elminiated the purples? Except for Perfect Plum which is such a grey shade of purple and Rich Razzleberry which is quite red for purple, there isn't anything else in that color range. That seems odd because I see purple in all kinds of fashion and home designs now. I thought it was making a comeback.

I lived through the last major color change in 2005 and survived. I still have paper and ink in all those colors that retired then and don't use them much. Mostly because I hoard them knowing I can't replace them. I liked bliss blue, mauve mist and rose romance.

I'm glad some of the old in-colors are back like baja breeze and wild wasabi. Now I can stop hoarding them. But I wish I had known that they would do that and I could have saved my money and not stocked up so much when they retired. I'm disappointed that Kiwi Kiss isn't on their list of new colors. I LOVE Kiwi Kiss.

I'm on the fence about stocking up on the retiring colors. There are 6 of these that I never use so I won't miss them. There are 6 that I use frequently enough to be disappointed about them being gone. The rest are ones that I use on occasion and I would hate to run out of but I don't know if I want to invest in a 24 pack of paper for something I may use 6 sheets of in a year. I have almost all the reinkers for these so I'm ok there.

And I'm wondering if, even if I stock up on those colors if I will end up using them. I still have a lot of the 1st year's in-colors left that don't get used because there are other colors in their color ranges that I find more pleasing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is it just me? I thought that Razzleberry color was more pink than purple. Like if maroon was a bright color then it would be the Razzleberry.

I can prove it's pink and not purple because I love that color and I hate purple.

And yes for SURE there is a purple shortage in the new colors. Even someone who hates purple can see it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #190  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
Is it just me? I thought that Razzleberry color was more pink than purple. Like if maroon was a bright color then it would be the Razzleberry.

I can prove it's pink and not purple because I love that color and I hate purple.

And yes for SURE there is a purple shortage in the new colors. Even someone who hates purple can see it.
Sorry Erin - it's purple. Because dd (14yo) hates purple and loves pink ... and she doesn't like Razzleberry!
Maybe she should be your dd? I'll send her down for a visit sometime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #191  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

well, at first when i read about this change (after a very long day late at night) my first thought was OMG you gotta get some Mellow Moss before it sells out...
(which i have done) :mrgreen:

second thought is, I don't use most the colors leaving and I'm excited about the new ones coming.

only complaint is Why didn't soft sky make the comeback list... ?!?!
:lol: must have had color blind peeps on the survey panel... ;)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #192  
Kookie Creator

How bout this for irritating, my DH is almost done making me an ink pad holder. I told him I wanted 5 rows of 12. One for each family and an extra for inclors that I have. I wanted it to only hold my SU pads. Now he'll have to build another one. Not a total loss but irritating.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed the near absence of purple! I feel like there won't be as much choice in shade of color. To me that is kinda sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #193  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
I know this is a SU thread, but I just wanted to clear something up. When reading this comment, it sounds like you are saying PTI has been in business since August 2009. They actually have been in business since February 2007, as this past February was their 3 year anniversary. They started releasing their own colors in Feb 2008. Including white, cream, and black, they have 25 colors to date. They have matching paper, ink, buttons, and ribbon(5 or 6 styles each!!) for ALL of their colors. They just started releasing matching felt this past February. They continue to release a new color every 2 months. Actually, they have 2 very pretty purples and 4 pinks, if anyone is interested in those colors!
I switched over to their stamps quite some time ago, as SU just does not fit my style anymore. SU was great when I was a beginner, but I prefer PTI's style now. I bought into their colors with the first release. I prefer to get matching ribbon for ALL of my colors. I never understood why SU only carried ribbon in SOME colors. So for me, it will be easy to switch to PTI only.
I feel very sad for my SU demo. She bought into the In Colors each year, and sold them off at the end of each year since she was told they were retired. Now she will need to buy all of those colors again. Especially in this economy, she simply cannot afford to buy new ink pads to replace the very same ones she just sold 8 months ago. I don't care about the color renovation for me, but it is going to be really hard on her.
But August 2009 is when they "hit" so to speak which is what I was alluding to. The original owners are part of a 20+ year (I think) family paper business, but I couldn't use that date. I also used Aug 09 because, IMO, the addition of Nicole Heady and PTI first venture into CHA is when the company took on its identity as a cohesive product line.

You refer to PTI style. IMHO, August 09 is when they got it!

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Sorry Erin - it's purple. Because dd (14yo) hates purple and loves pink ... and she doesn't like Razzleberry!
Maybe she should be your dd? I'll send her down for a visit sometime!
How can this be? How can I love a purple? Maybe the lighting in my craft room is correcting it back to pink.

I've known a lot of 14 year old girls. They scare me. haha. I'm sure your's is a doll though so send her down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #195  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am sad...
I LOVE green and there are only 3 left in the main group.
Yet there are 9/10 pink/red...
I don't consider neutrals "color".
So really there are only 30 colors to play with.
They've really slimmed down the color in their pallet.
I keep looking at the 'New' families...
No coral...
I'm such a sucker for a coral/green combo...

I LOVE SU!
I'm going to have to try and adjust...but right now...I'm sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #196  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapAlleyView Post
I am sad...
I LOVE green and there are only 3 left in the main group.
Yet there are 9/10 pink/red...
I don't consider neutrals "color".
So really there are only 30 colors to play with.
They've really slimmed down the color in their pallet.
I keep looking at the 'New' families...
No coral...
I'm such a sucker for a coral/green combo...

I LOVE SU!
I'm going to have to try and adjust...but right now...I'm sad.
I'm sad too, there a lot of colours retiring that I love and use all the time ... but we will get through this somehow!!!! I am happy though that Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry are staying - I love love love those colours! I think I will miss Pink Passion and Pixie Pink the most ... and I am also in the minority here but Bold Brights is my favourite colour family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #197  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
How can this be? How can I love a purple? Maybe the lighting in my craft room is correcting it back to pink.

I've known a lot of 14 year old girls. They scare me. haha. I'm sure your's is a doll though so send her down!
She's awesome! Great with kids! Babysits! cooks! Irons! Sings! Acts! Dances!
(Yes, I love her lots!)
So ... maybe for a visit sometime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #198  

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
How bout this for irritating, my DH is almost done making me an ink pad holder. I told him I wanted 5 rows of 12. One for each family and an extra for inclors that I have. I wanted it to only hold my SU pads. Now he'll have to build another one. Not a total loss but irritating.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed the near absence of purple! I feel like there won't be as much choice in shade of color. To me that is kinda sad.
couldn't you still use it?
4 Collections of 10
In-Colors: 10 total at any time
Leaves you with another 10 spots at the top for Misc. pads like VersaMark, etc. (which I think of as SU! because we sell them).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #199  

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
I think this will be a great opportunity for Stampin' Up to bring back a light purple with next year's in-colors. I have faith that when Stampin' Up goes to make samples next spring, they will realize the error in their ways!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #200  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
But August 2009 is when they "hit" so to speak which is what I was alluding to. The original owners are part of a 20+ year (I think) family paper business, but I couldn't use that date. I also used Aug 09 because, IMO, the addition of Nicole Heady and PTI first venture into CHA is when the company took on its identity as a cohesive product line.

You refer to PTI style. IMHO, August 09 is when they got it!
Just to clarify again: Nichole Heady has been the design power behind PTI from when it was first formed in Feb 2007--she did not join in Aug 2009.

PTI has been a hit with a recognizable style well before Aug 09.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes