Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:shock: OMG~ I don't know what to say..... WOW... Julie I loved your chickies they were to sweet!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone please tell me if I stole a technique from the TJN for this card???

Blooming and Butterfly by squirrellyshirley at Splitcoaststampers

Actually, it just didn't get much love in the galllery today and was phishin' for some comments!! eheheheh
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
Can someone please tell me if I stole a technique from the TJN for this card???

Blooming and Butterfly by squirrellyshirley at Splitcoaststampers

Actually, it just didn't get much love in the galllery today and was phishin' for some comments!! eheheheh

BEAUTIFUL card , thank you for sharing it here! I gave it some good love and so should many others!
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your card is gorgeous!!
Stazon Splitcoast

:oops: :oops:

thanks, ladies.........anything for comment....:mrgreen:
Dirty Dozen Alumni

LOL!!!
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
:oops: :oops:

thanks, ladies.........anything for comment....:mrgreen:

Your avatar is so darn cute!
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobusystampingView Post
I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading all the posts in this thread...
It only took you 20 minutes? It took me about 45 to get to this point! I must be a slow reader. No, I'm *positive* I'm a slow reader. <--- my positive comment. ;) Okay. Bad I know and totally OT...
Pearl-ExPert

*shaking head* i don't know what to say... it's just sad... i have and will continue to share everything i learn from this website and all of it's wonderful stampers. that's what we do here, and there's nothing wrong with it, we've all benefitted from that. i for one, would have more money, and a lot more time on my hands if it weren't for this site, and scs, i thank you for taking it away!
Pearl-ExPert

Daven you did say it best!!!!

Krista
Mad Swapper

Holy Cow! What a thread!

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning (orig poster).

I just managed to get through the first 3 pages when smoke flew out my ears. :mad:

I wonder how many subscriptions that TJN received just from being mentioned over here? Does SCS get royalties for that?

I don't know much about TJN myself, though I've considered signing up I chose not to because I own so many darn books on stamping and subscribe to every stamping magazine I could think of, I just assumed that I'd only learn what I already knew :confused:

As far as the tutorials we receive in the weekly inkling, so far I haven't seen anything that I haven't seen 100x's before. Google one particular technique and it pops up all over the place. For me the inkling is an inspiration, gets me moving on something I may have not thought to try out.

And if techniques/tutorials are showing up on SCS the exact same time they are published in the TJN then it is up to the owners of SCS and TJN to work that out amonst themselves and not some random poster to get huffy about. There is this little thing called coicidence, and I'm sure the powers that be can work it out.

I'll end with: SCS IS A GREAT PLACE!!
Kookie Creator

I don't usually post in these forums and I'm happy to hear what Daven has said in his posts here too.

I agree that techniques are all over the place. I just wanted to add that I made this type of card about 3/4 year before signing up as an SU demo and I've been a demo for almost 1 year so this technique has been around for a while.

I thank all the artists who generously share their ideas with those of us that are perhaps less creative idea-wise ... allowing all of us to have fun with our hobby. I have happily financially supported both TJN and SCS (through the fan club) as I am able. Thanks to both groups!!
Pearl-ExPert

I find this all so funny! I've been stamping for over 10 years and laugh every time someone comes out with a "wonderful new idea or technique" and it's just a tweak on something I saw 8 years ago in a magazine, at a convention, etc, etc. Most of these idea have been around for a looooong time and figuring out who came up with the original idea would be impossible! What a silly thing to get upset about!

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking as someone who has written for Splitcoast in the past and has another technique coming out soon, I can tell you that Beate sets these up way in advance. When she invites someone to participate, it's usually because she has seen something that they've done that she believes would be great to share here and invites the person to come and do the technique on SCS. She could just do it herself and take the credit but that's not her style.

So if the complaint is that something came out in the TJN and then shortly after showed up on SCS, that would most definitely be a coincidence. My articles were turned in LONG before they actually appear on the site.

As per Daven's request in his post, I will add some positive things too.

1. The members, owners and team members of SCS are some of the most generous people in our industry. That should be obvious by the amount of information that they provide at no cost to anyone who wants to view it.

2. Technique Junkies is a wonderful newsletter. I had been a member for a while and really enjoyed every issue I received. Pat is a classy and talented lady and I respect her for the way she runs her business and her newsletter is a great tool and worth the money.

3. Splitcoaststampers had to decide how they were going to pay the massive bill they get for providing us with this site. The choose not to bill the members but rather turn their need into an opportunity for companies like mine to advertise here, host our own forums and provide the members with even more choices and ideas.

My opinion is that if the owner of one business has an issue with the owner of another business, they should talk privately. I would be very disappointed in any of my staff or design team members who chose to speak in a negative way on my behalf.

I hope that Pat continues to gain new subscribers to her newsletter. It's a wonderful publication and should be considered by those who really enjoy learning new techniques. I also know that Splitcoaststampers will continue to grow and provide their members with these fabulous free resources.

From the talented dirty girls, to the weekly inkling, to Beate's techniques to the the largest stamping gallery on the planet, this is great place.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, (another great thing about this board- they don't remove things but rather allow people to say what they think,) but we should all really be careful not to accuse anyone of anything in a public way. It's always better to sleep on it first. It may not look as bad in the morning. It usually doesn't and then you're glad you waited. (Remember, you can't un-ring a bell.)

Maybe I should shut up now and go stamp something. (Gina-> )

Mad Swapper

I must say that I LOVE SCS. If not for them I wouldn't know half of what I do. The team members are awesome and everyone works really hard to provide us with a clear understanding of projects/techniques/goings on...and for that I am greatful.
I had not heard of Technique Junkies before now. I went and checked it out and yes there are tons of techniques. But I will not subscribe. Not now not ever.

"Kindness is something the the blind can see and the deaf can hear" -unknown
Die Cut Diva

I am posting only to say..how much I truly appreciate the time and effort these ladies/gents put into SCS. It has helped me grow as a stamper and as a demonstrator. I have seen many techniques before, but the inking is so important to me (I like detailed instructions with pictures) because it helps me teach techniques to all levels of stampers new and advanced by breaking them down into easy steps.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Speaking as someone who has written for Splitcoast in the past and has another technique coming out soon, I can tell you that Beate sets these up way in advance. When she invites someone to participate, it's usually because she has seen something that they've done that she believes would be great to share here and invites the person to come and do the technique on SCS. She could just do it herself and take the credit but that's not her style.

So if the complaint is that something came out in the TJN and then shortly after showed up on SCS, that would most definitely be a coincidence. My articles were turned in LONG before they actually appear on the site.

1. The members, owners and team members of SCS are some of the most generous people in our industry. That should be obvious by the amount of information that they provide at no cost to anyone who wants to view it.

2. Technique Junkies is a wonderful newsletter. I had been a member for a while and really enjoyed every issue I received. Pat is a classy and talented lady and I respect her for the way she runs her business and her newsletter is a great tool and worth the money.

3. Splitcoaststampers had to decide how they were going to pay the massive bill they get for providing us with this site. The choose not to bill the members but rather turn their need into an opportunity for companies like mine to advertise here, host our own forums and provide the members with even more choices and ideas.

My opinion is that if the owner of one business has an issue with the owner of another business, they should talk privately. I would be very disappointed in any of my staff or design team members who chose to speak in a negative way on my behalf.

I hope that Pat continues to gain new subscribers to her newsletter. It's a wonderful publication and should be considered by those who really enjoy learning new techniques. I also know that Splitcoaststampers will continue to grow and provide their members with these fabulous free resources.

From the talented dirty girls, to the weekly inkling, to Beate's techniques to the the largest stamping gallery on the planet, this is great place.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, (another great thing about this board- they don't remove things but rather allow people to say what they think,) but we should all really be careful not to accuse anyone of anything in a public way. It's always better to sleep on it first. It may not look as bad in the morning. It usually doesn't and then you're glad you waited. (Remember, you can't un-ring a bell.)

Well said Gina!

And now for my positive comment...
I am so thankful for all of the people who work hard to provide us with the tools we use everyday on SCS! From the challenges, to the tutorials, and the forums....SCS is really an amazing site! I have learned so much from all of the talented folks here and have made so many cyber friends!
HUGS to all who work to make SCS a wonderful place to visit EVERYDAY!

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KharmagirlView Post
{{blushing}} Thanks! You totally made my night!! And for the record, I'm with you on seeing Daven post
Another positive... We got to see Daven post 2 times!!!! ;) I can just see it now. A bunch of women reading this soap opera and all of a sudden a Daven post appears. They all scream like an 8th grader at a boy band concert. Their hearts flutter as they yell, "He's so cute!!!" and then they pretend kiss the computer screen. LOL, Daven have I embarrassed you yet??? (sits and hopes for a reply from DAVEN. Wow, he could really respond to me! How cool would that be?!?! I can e-mail all of my friends and tell them that he responded to me and that I'm gonna marry him someday. (said in my best 8th grader voice, lol)) There, hope you all got a chuckle cause I know you're sitting there hoping he'll post. ;)

For the record, I am happily married but made DH shave his head to look like Daven. LOLOLOL Just Kidding!!!!!!!

Glitter Guru

I wholeheartly agree with GinaK

as someone who has a project in the tutorials...(BTW not my idea - stamping on candles...I merely did a tutorial for myself and my customers and was asked if it could be used as a feature tutorial a while ago) it takes a while for everything to "come together"...it doesn't happen in a day or two I can well assure you...

Besides many of the tutorials are "regurgitations" or "rearrangements" of techniques and projects that have been around for a long time. Sometimes in this world there are coincidences.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post

Bravo Gina, (who is another classy lady!) I think you did a wonderful job expressing a lot of our feelings very positively about the situation and I love the "you can't un-ring a bell".!!!!;)
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightroneView Post
Amen, and also, how many different ways can you say" score at blah blah blah, fold at blah blah blah" !! When did everyone on here get so mean and critical. People need to realize that there are enough problems in the world and that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff. I was taught a long time ago not to say anything if I didn't have anything nice to say, what happened to good old fashioned kindness?
Thank you thank you Jessica!!! Sometimes people forget the cardinal rule
" Treat others as you would like them to treat you !" SCS used to be a place where you could come and forget your worries and craft with friends. Not so much anymore. It's sad that people have to post threads like this just to get attention.
Die Cut Diva

I love SCS!
I love my FREE gallery!
I love all the FREE galleries here!
I love the Weekly Inkling!
I love the forums!
I love all the online friends I have made here!
I love the Dirty Dozen!
AND, I love Beate!

I'm sure I missed something...

Have a great day!
Insane Embellisher

I am a subscriber to this site because I want to support this creative and sharing community. I don't know anything about TNJ, but I think I could do an internet search for any techinque and find sites, as well as, lots of YouTube's. This is my site. I love the techinques that are so nicely done and cataloged here. I know exactly how to find then when I have the time to do one.
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenmouerView Post
Besides many of the tutorials are "regurgitations"
...eeeewwwwwwwwww...:mrgreen:
Polyshrink Goddess

Hugs to Beate and Claudia and the hard working folks here at SCS. Jeepers, such evil in the OP's post....techniques cannot be "owned". This is not the first time I've seen people from TJN having a fit about "stealing" their ideas, so I'm not surprised to hear this big stink was goin' on. People over there have this silly mentality that they own everything and everyone else is in the wrong. I for one will stand up for SCS and Beate!!!
Mad Swapper

The original poster is just making TJN look bad and that is whats wrong. It seems no one from TJN has a problem and if it they do it is being discussed behind the scenes, which is the way it should be done.

Someone earlier mentioned that the original poster has been a member for 2 years (note 2006 join date) and just now managed to post something (and a very ugly something). It seems to me that someone just needed something to complain about and this happened to be it. :rolleyes:
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a subscriber to both TJN and the SCS Fan Club. They are both great resources for me and therefore I'm happy to support them. It is cheaper than some of the magazine subscriptions I have had over the years. I'm also a over 10 year stamper, and it is funny to see things come back and be considered "new."

I hope people don't judge TJN and all the great designers as well as Pat based on this post. It makes me a little sad to see the "why pay when SCS is free" comments. I would love SCS to be a pay site, but that is an other thread for another day.

I thank all the amazing designers for sharing their talents either here, TJN, or your blog. It has been a lot of fun watching these woman over the last many years. When I attended my first stamping party for DOTS in 1995, there wasn't a whole lot out there, wow have things changed!
Mad Swapper

Everyone is entitle to there own opinion (good or bad) freedom of speech and all that. On that note if I hadn't been curious and started reading this thread I wouldn't have been interested in the TNJ site which I checked out and I am going to sign up as soon as I know what my new address is going to be (DH got a job in a different town and we havn't found a place to live yet). As for SCS I love coming here on a daily basis and seeing the tutorials, supplies that I have to get because they are what everyone else can't live without. As for using the ideas and techniques from this site I guess that most of us should turn ourselves into the police for theift because I am pretty sure that we have all looked at the cards and other things and tried them, and added our own touches here and there to make them our own. I agree that we need to let this issue go and get back to the fun of looking through the different forums and threads and enjoy the creative ideas that we get inspired by. To end my two cents I have to say that I hope that the design teams keep adding to the techniques and giving me ideas and insperation, I appreciate all that you do for us here at SCS and I am glad that I can come here everyday and find new ideas to help getting me going in the morning and get my creative juices flowing to create wonderful cards. Thank you so much and keep up the great work.
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to close this thread to further discussion as we've been in contact with Pat, and are working things out. Y'all go stamp something pretty!