Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Would you open your boxes of new stuff on your anniversary?
Yes, forget anniversaries....you get one every year and all! 14 12.84%
No, I'd want to soak of the love with my dh. 16 14.68%
Can't we do both and make a schedule???? 79 72.48%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamps come Monday....prbblem!!!

So my stamps from the new catty come Monday. It's my 7th Anniversary that day. We aren't going out (we went out last night) but I am feeling kinda guilty about wanting to play with my new stuff that night. Dh said "oh...your stamps come that day. Happy anniversary to you!" He said he understood and that it was no big deal. I said I only want to mount them anyway so maybe we could rent a movie and watch that while I mount stamps.

I planned to make a yummy dinner early in the day (eggplant parmesean so I can just toss it in the oven when it's time to eat) and a dessert. Would you open your boxes or wait til the next day???

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

None of the poll options fit my answer so I didn't vote. Let's face it--there is no way you CAN'T open your boxes. I mean, I'm pretty sure it would be physically impossible. So when they come open them and drool. Pet your new stuff a little. Then set the box to the side when DH comes home. Play it by ear and if all you really are doing is watching a movie on separate ends of the couch, sure mount your stamps. If you're cuddling take the time to cuddle with your DH and smooch a little. With 3 boys I'm sure you get precious little cuddle time with the DH. It might kill you a little to leave your stamps unmounted for the night, but really--isn't your honey more important? Think of how special he'll feel if you put the stamps to the side for him--he KNOWS how obsessed you are! I'm sure your sacrifice will impress him--and who knows? Maybe you'll get more stampin $$ out of the deal ;)

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin

Last edited by jenny4wheel; 07-08-2005 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

That is a TOUGH one! I think I'd gauge dh's romance factor that eve. You definitely don't want to discourage him if he wants to celebrate (that could be a bad precedent). I'd totally let him make the first move to setting the tone for the night -- and try not to look too longingly at the SU boxes.

My Little Blog . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I would so open them. We hardly ever do anything on our anniversary and if we do it isn't an all day thing. I would be able to fit in lots of stamping time if my day permited it.

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

By all means open the box!!! Play with your new stamps for a bit, then play with your DH for a bit. It will mean a lot to him when you put your stamps down for him. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would open them and play. DH generally go out for dinner or to a show or smth on our anni, but we're certainly not glued to each others hip all day long! Make plans to have an intimate dinner and then spend some time with your new stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstamper
By all means open the box!!! Play with your new stamps for a bit, then play with your DH for a bit. It will mean a lot to him when you put your stamps down for him. ;)
She said it just right!! WOW 7 years good for you- I was excited I've made it a week! ;) Have a blast stampin then have a blast at your yummy dinner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Like you said, you went out last night. So, it's not like you don't care about your anniversary. And even though you have celebrated, you're still making a special dinner and dessert. I like the idea of renting a movie and mounting stamps. You get to see them and get them ready for stamping. But them I'd put them down after the movie and love on him. He'll feel special that the stamping can wait until tomorrow.

How did you vote on your own poll?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yeah, I figured with a nice dinner, some wine....a movie, it'll all work out! I can mount the stamps while we watch a movie and still have plenty of time for fun after! I know I'd have plenty of energy left for that ;) !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

How late in the day will your stamps be delivered? If it's early, no guilt! If it's late, I agree with the others who say love your stamps a little, then put them aside for your hubby. After all, stamps will keep, but husbands won't! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Well,, just forward that box on to one of us, we will open it and then let you know how nice everything is,,, and just think, we have saved your marriage... <giggling here> and you wont have to feel any guilt.. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

They come at like 5:30 or 6:30....late enough that he'll either be home or be on his way home. He was totally nice about it and said he didn't care. I don't want to stamp, just mount things and have stuff put away for the next day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe you could have your fun BEFORE the movie and then there would be NO resentment toward the SU box. Just a thought...

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Yeah, I figured with a nice dinner, some wine....a movie, it'll all work out! I can mount the stamps while we watch a movie and still have plenty of time for fun after! I know I'd have plenty of energy left for that ;) !

Ren�e

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I would wait and open the box the next day. DH knows how important the stamps are to you. Just think of the message you will be sending if you set them aside for a special day with him. You could never buy a gift or cook a meal that would say more clearly, "You are the most important part of my life."

BTW, I've been married 26 years and there is no end in sight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welllll, you could alway open the boxes, poor it all out over the bed, look at it all, savor the beauty of all that cool stuff, then git nekked and wait for DH on the bed!! Let him tie you up with the new Twill tape, stamp you all over with Apricot Appeal and a flower stamp, dust a little glitter on you, place some Clear buttons in strategic areas, and I hear the Jumbo wheels make a great foot massage!!! not everyone gets to have an anniversary like that!!!!! There, you have your cake and eating it too!!! hee hee How is DHs sense of humor?? hee hee

Happy Anniversary!!
Tandra, married 24 yrs

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!

Last edited by Inkalicious; 07-08-2005 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #16  
Mini Quack

Default Stamps come monday

Congrats on 7 years..and you know him better than us...if he doesn't truly care then great...
I know that my husband of soon to be 32 years would be fine with it..if he had plans on a special evening then of course not..but if it is going to be a normal evening at home with kids then I would just let the day happen...and see...
I know, I have new things at my daughters and I am so excited to get there tomorrow...things I ordered plus other stamps that my husband and friend bought me...plus now I have $$$ to spend at my own workshop...how lucky can one girl be...

Good luck on monday...do not stress...just let "life" happen...who knows whay you may get???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
I would wait and open the box the next day. DH knows how important the stamps are to you. Just think of the message you will be sending if you set them aside for a special day with him. You could never buy a gift or cook a meal that would say more clearly, "You are the most important part of my life."

BTW, I've been married 26 years and there is no end in sight.
My thoughts exactly. Since Brown doesn't come till late anyway, you can wait until Tuesday. Just put the box somewhere and pretend Brown didn't come at all. Focus your attention on him. Knowing what you put off to be with him will show him how much you care. I haven't been married for 26 years like longtimestamper, but it will be 17 next month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Welllll, you could alway open the boxes, poor it all out over the bed, look at it all, savor the beauty of all that cool stuff, then git nekked and wait for DH on the bed!! Let him tie you up with the new Twill tape, stamp you all over with Apricot Appeal and a flower stamp, dust a little glitter on you, place some Clear buttons in strategic areas, and I hear the Jumbo wheels make a great foot massage!!! not everyone gets to have an anniversary like that!!!!! There, you have your cake and eating it too!!! hee hee How is DHs sense of humor?? hee hee
ROTFLMBO!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
Call me sentimental and mushy, but I agree with longtimestamper! My DH would be totally fine with me opening and mounting my stamps on our anniversary, but because he knows I love my stamps he would be even more impressed if I chose NOT to. I say carry on the celebration another day, and save the stamps for Tuesday. What's one more day, anyway?? :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm sure mamakimberly would be happy to come help a friend in need. She could meet Brown and pick up the box and take it to her house. She would then careflully mount each one while you are enjoying a passionate evening with you DH. Then when DH falls asleep sneek out the window and play at mamaK's house until the sun comes up!!!!!

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #21  
too
Matboard Maniac

Talking

I had this same situtation this year for my 13th anniversary. I say wait until the next day. Take this time to focus on your hubby and his needs and wants, enjoy!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Think about it this way, Em -- if DH gets your undivided attention for your special day, he'll probably reciprocate and let you play uninterrupted with your new toys later! I'm sure digging into your first order will be even sweeter because you waited!

So go on, give hubby some luvin', and all those lovely new stamps will be there waiting for you on Tuesday! Happy Anniversary, babe!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkalicious

Happy Anniversary!!
Tandra, married 24 yrs
Way too funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by micmse
I'm sure mamakimberly would be happy to come help a friend in need. She could meet Brown and pick up the box and take it to her house. She would then careflully mount each one while you are enjoying a passionate evening with you DH. Then when DH falls asleep sneek out the window and play at mamaK's house until the sun comes up!!!!!

Stephanie
Are you serious??? I am not letting her near my box before I get to it!!!!! I mean, I like her and all...but sheesh! She's getting two boxes of her own stuff Monday anyway!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Happy Anniversary!!
Tandra, married 24 yrs
I showed my dh this thread and he liked this response the best, ;) !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #26  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Leave them until Tuesday.

You have plenty more time to spend with your stamps than you do with your DH. Make this a night that your attention is not divided. Make it about you and him together without any distraction

Even if you are just watching a movie the fact that you paid attention to the movie and being with him will make "after" the movie alot more special!

Sit close and put your hand in his. Lay you head on his shoulder or whatever works between the two of you and enjoy the night.

Remember how quick this moment might have to last you forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Leave them until Tuesday.

You have plenty more time to spend with your stamps than you do with your DH. Make this a night that your attention is not divided. Make it about you and him together without any distraction

Even if you are just watching a movie the fact that you paid attention to the movie and being with him will make "after" the movie alot more special!

Sit close and put your hand in his. Lay you head on his shoulder or whatever works between the two of you and enjoy the night.

Remember how quick this moment might have to last you forever.

Good point. We take a lot for granted. How's your daughter doing, Granny?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

OPEN THEM!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

You have 364 more days to enjoy those stamps...only one day a year to show your DH you'd marry him again. Put the stamps aside for the day and focus on the guy...then the next day make him a card with the new stamps and tell him how much you enjoyed your evening together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

PS we have been married 33 years and several times have both forgotten it was our anniversary since it comes at a busy time of the year...so much for taking my own advice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Don't they say "absense makes the heart grow fonder"? Stay away from your stamps on Monday and maybe sneek a peek at the box, but don't open it. Think about how much fun you will have on Tuesday without the guilt. You know, kind of like stamping foreplay! LOL Then on Tuesday you will get to tear into the box and look at all of your fun stuff!

Happy Anniversary! You sure don't look old enough to have a 7 yr wedding anniversary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for opening your box the next day. How would you feel if your dh wanted to do something else on your anniversary, like watch his favorite sports team play? I know I would be upset if my dh would rather watch sports than be with me on our anniversary. On the flipside though, you have got an awesome dh who knows how much you love stamping and was willing to give you time to play with your goodies.

I think it will be fun to be able to open your box first thing on Tuesday morning. It will be like Christmas morning and then you can spend all day playing with it.

Just my humble opinion.
Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #33  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl
Don't they say "absense makes the heart grow fonder"? Stay away from your stamps on Monday and maybe sneek a peek at the box, but don't open it. Think about how much fun you will have on Tuesday without the guilt. You know, kind of like stamping foreplay! LOL Then on Tuesday you will get to tear into the box and look at all of your fun stuff!

Happy Anniversary! You sure don't look old enough to have a 7 yr wedding anniversary!
I got married just 2 months after my 20th birthday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

our 7th anniversary is comming up this year too! congrats! I'd say open the box, look at all your fun new toys, put them in your stamp room, and play with DH the rest of the night. your stamps will still be there tuesday. I know I can't leave a SU! box un-opened, but your time with DH is limited. and you'll only have your 7th anniversary once! have fun. what great things are gonna be in your box anyway?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

I say after dinner and before the movie ask him if you can just have 15 minutes. Take the box in the bedroom, close the door, open the box and drool a bit. Then put them away till the next morning. If it were me I'd be able to enjoy my evening more if at least I had opened the box and checked the stuff out. He'll appreciate your restraint. (And don't forget to make him a mushy card beforehand!) Then give him a big thank you kiss! ;)

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Happy Anniversary!!
Tandra, married 24 yrs
OMG!!!!! Tandra!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Whenever I get in a situation like this, I envision myself old, and reflecting back on my life . . . Which would I most regret not having done?

Then, it makes it easy for me to decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yeah, it's really a no-brainer! I just thought it was Ironic to have two orders arrive that day...of all days! Just my luck....I got my shiny new dzyntec caddies last night. The UPS man pulled up and dropped them off as my dh and I were on the way out the door for our date! Let me tell you, it took a lot of self control to not run in and crack open that box! I waited until this morning to set all that up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

I was so excited when Brown delivered my first new catty order today!!! Then, I realized I had placed 2, splitting it into 2 workshops. Where's the other half??????? :mad: Looked it up online and it's rescheduled for delivery on Monday, the 11th.

And, of course, that's my dd's 16th birthday and she's requested an all day art museum and shopping excursion in Seattle with me and her best friend.

Oh, yeah. I wrestled that one. But, that looking back with no regrets thingy pricked at the back of my mind . . . Seattle Art Museum, here we come! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Default I say leave the box until Tuesday

I wasn't able to find the thread - but there was one a couple of weeks ago about a stamper that was really down because it was her anniversary and her husband was away (in Iraq I think). I believe it was you Emily that sympathized with her and said that your husband was also away on one of your anniversaries so you understood how sad she was.

Not to get all emotional here - but if you remember how you felt that day - I think you need to leave the stamps until Tuesday and spend the whole night close to your husband.

Jan
(Married 28 years)
Reply With Quote Likes