Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping in Paris

Hey everyone,

I going to Paris!!!! YEAH!!!! I'm going with a couple of girlfriends and my 14 year old god daughter. I'm very excited!!! We leave on Good Friday.

My question is this, has anyone gone to Paris? What is the "stamping scene" like there? Is there any shop (for stamping or paper) that I must go to???

Thanks for any tips!!!
Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:06 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been to Paris, but I was not a stamper at the time. They have the most beautiful gardens to sit in all day. I'd take your watercolor pencils and pre-stamped cards and sit around a reflection pool or fountain and color/paint away.

Have a great time. Paris is awesome. You'll love it!
Amy

PS Make sure you're on top of the Eiffel Tower as the sun sets. You'll never forget it. Also, make the train trip to Versailles. It will blow your mind.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:20 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the awesome tips!!!! I'm having a really hard time concentrating because the trip is sooo close.

I think I will bring some things to watercolor. How cool will that be?!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:23 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I haven't been to Paris as a stamper, per se, but as a paper addict, I would recommend any stationary-type store. I'll have to look up and see if I have any specific store names. I would suggest, if you are able, to take the train and head into any of the tiny towns (suburbs) outside of Paris; two of my favorite are on the same line -- Le Vesinet (dh's grandmother lives there and that is where we stay when we go) and Saint-germain-en-laye. Enjoy -- we were planning on going this spring but have had to postpone until this fall. If you have any other questions about specifics, let me know!

"Love is never wasted. It may not be reciprocated,
it may not be fully appreciated,
but it is never wasted."
Neal A. Maxwell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:24 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I LOVE Paris....

My favorite place to go is Montmarte, it just feels so....Paris...lol, We once did the climb to the top of the Sacre Coeur & the choir was practicing...I am not a very religious person but that moment certainly gave me goosebumps it was so beautiful.

I agree Versailles is definately worth a visit, It is stunning...

I'm so jealous Last time I went was DH's first time, we were sooooooooooooo broke & there for 2 days, we lived on bread, cheese & wine & it was heaven....can't wait to go back.

Enjoy
Heidi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:26 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I've been to Paris twice and my best friend lived there for years, and as far as I can tell there is no stamping scene. When I'd send him stamp art everyone he showed it to was amazed and it used to even stop his postal carrier. But if you're determined that stamping on your holiday is a priority, try a Google search.

If I were you I'd just forget about stamping and just enjoy your trip. If you like colouring, you can stamp some images at home and then take them along with your pencils or watercolours and do the colouring on the plane or along the way on your trip (remember: no scissors or blades in your carry on!)

Shopping is very different in Europe and I usually find it more hassle than it's worth. I'd rather spend my time soaking up the atmosphere, seeing the sights, absorbing all the history, appreciating the art.

Bon voyage!

View My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Default Paris and stamps

Several years ago a good friend went to Paris and asked me what I would like her to bring me back. I asked for rubber stamps, perhaps of the Eiffel tower or other typical French themes. Well, she had lots of trouble conveying to the shopkeepers what she was looking for, when finally her group leader, who speaks French, told her what to ask for in French: "tampon"!!! LOL!! When she did then she was able to find some, but not many! LOL! Tampon is the French word for stamps! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: Stamping in Paris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Bounds
Hey everyone,

I going to Paris!!!! Thanks for any tips!!!
Angie
Oh Angie,
I'm sooooo jealous!! Someday I'm gonna make it back there for a visit....(oh, the dreaming is good...lol)

Now, if its something you like, I suggest seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral. Seeing the 'architectural' details, both outside and inside put me in AWE. Also, if you get a chance, attend one of their services!! You will have goosebumps, guaranteed!!

Sorry, I don't know about stamping there.
Enjoy your trip and we'll be expecting a 'report' when you get back!!
Audrey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 07:18 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

You guys are sooo great!!! Now I'm even more excited (if that's possible)!!!!

Serious, tampon is the word??? I have visions of saying that and everyone laughing at the "stupid American woman" LOL!!!

How about silly things like their mail stamps, are they fun? Should I get some to add into cards, scrapbooking, etc. Anything else like that would be awesome if you have tips.

Thanks ladies!!!!! Keep up the good advise!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Seriously, that is the word! lol! One of the ones she brought me was on a card for display, and it said tampon on it in French, so I know she wasn't just teasing me.

My friend looked a number of places and finally found a few in a couple of stationery-type stores.

You will have so much fun! Soak it all up...I wouldn't worry about stamping or coloring... there will be too much to see and do, and dare I say it.... eat! lol!

Have a great time! Let us know if you buy any "tampons"!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 07:56 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Default Paris

I LOVED France, my DD was studying there. I wasn't a stamper at the time, but they did have very nice stationery stores, especially in the little towns. I was a scrapbooker at the time and I have some awesome scrapbooks from the trip. If you have time be sure to see the Catacombs under the streets of Paris besides all the usual sights.
Reply With Quote Likes