Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome soccermomA3!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

thank you, what a great welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermomA3View Post
Well I must say after being a SU demontrator since 95 I just went CTMH. yup thats right CTMH I love their paper kits. the ink is different and I love the white core. if you dont want the white core and you punch out images, simply sponge with the ink pad and you have no white
I love that clumsy me knows exactly where I'm stamping. the commission is better than SU and I have found that I do not have to work as hard. The catalog ideas are grea but if you are looking at their catalog for the first time, the images are shown at 50% so they look totally different.

I absolutely love the storage and the fact that everything is so compact.
Their paper kits allow those new scrappers a chance to create gorgeous pages since we have pre designed pages and for those pros' we offer the paper packs plain. The accents and stamps are great and so much fun.

The alphabet sets are great to peel each letter, apply to your block ink and stamp exactly the way you want them.

CTMH!
Cudos to this comment!! I love SU too, but I think CTMH gets treated like the ugly step child at times. It's a great company. I'm not a demo, so I don't know about the commission, but I totally agree with everything else in the above statement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Default Compairson Charts for CTMH & SU

Two posts above have comparison colors for CTMH and SU. Thank you to both of you for your help and research. I don't have many of the CTMH product, but think this will be wonderful if I am looking for a match. I have combined these two lists and coordinated them three different ways in a Word Document. 1 sheet with CTMH color groups. 1 alphabetical list for CTMH. 1 alphabetical list for SU. I haven't done this before, but have tried to attach the Word Document to this post. If it doesn't work and you would like a copy, just PM me and I will email it to you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc CTMH vs SU color chart 3.doc (43.5 KB, 425 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehogView Post
The white core is nice, if you want that look when Cuttlebugging. If you want it more clean looking, SU is the way to go. CTMH is easier to make look distressed. I love Cuttlebugging CTMH stuff, then sanding, it looks really cool!

I have not yet ventured into their ink colors, but have some of their CS. I can hardly handle the inks I have! LOL
Check out this CARD ! It's not CTMH but I love how the white peeks through on the CB part. I can see the benefits of both SU and CTMH paper. I too am planning to invest in some CTMH products. I love it that they too offer matching ribbons and things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

oh yeah I forgot.... how could I forget. even if a customer is not a hostess for CTMH each month they always have the opportunity to earn a free stamp set. They have a Stamp of the month that is not available any other time of the year. you can pay full price, pay a discounted price depending on amount spent or you can get it for free. I love free, especially if I'm going to buy stuff anyway. I have not had my first party yet, but I have turned in tons of orders just from people that love to stamp all over the US.

For those of you who like the distressed look, CTMH has a kit with every tool to distress in the cutest little white tool box. so adorable and a must have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

I sell SU, and my niece sells CTMH. Needless to say, I have a lot of both. If I were starting today, I think I would be tempted to make my main line PapertreyInk....and just buy supporting/odds and ends stuff from SU, CTMH, and all the other wonderful online shops.

At the moment PapertreyInk only has 12? colors....but they are adding 2 each month...which is a manageable growth rate for my pocket. I LOVE their inks and papers. (cardstock is heavier than SU). They don't sell markers, but since I've gotten into my aqua painter, I rarely use my markers anyways.

I love CTMH stamps (and Papertreyinks's). I keep some of CTMH cardstock on hand...especially the blues...it's fun to rip the paper for water, and have instant "white caps".

good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Ok...I have been a die-hard SU exclusive buyer for years...and just last week bought my 2nd ever non-SU stamps. I got clear Inkadinkado sets...and I LOVE using them! I am now interested in some of the other major companies out there and started looking at the CTMH website...there are some colors I just love!! I am wondering about the CS and Ink quality vs SU??

Thanks!!

Well, I am a CTMH demo, but I am a SU paper and ink SNOB. It's all I'll use. Actually, I probably buy more SU stuff than I do CTMH. I do like the white core of the CTMH paper, but it is sooo thin there is NO WAY you could use it for a good card base.

Just my 2 cents. I didn't read any of the responses on here, so I'm sorry if I repeated what some have said. I've got a house full of screaming kids today. YAY me. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

I totally agree......SU cardstock and inks are superior products. The paper however, is a bit nicer in my opinion just because there is a larger variety and although I do not use stickers a whole lot they match and are very nice. I have learned to make stickers not look so cheesy-for lack of a term

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyincincyView Post
Well, I am a CTMH demo, but I am a SU paper and ink SNOB. It's all I'll use. Actually, I probably buy more SU stuff than I do CTMH. I do like the white core of the CTMH paper, but it is sooo thin there is NO WAY you could use it for a good card base.

Just my 2 cents. I didn't read any of the responses on here, so I'm sorry if I repeated what some have said. I've got a house full of screaming kids today. YAY me. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

I have recently found myself in the midst of stamping rather thas scrapbooking cuz I am all caught up. I have used both products and prefer SU to CTMH. I think CTMH has a wider variety of SB items than SU and love the tiered kits as to difficulty to use. My humble two cents from a beginner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I love it all! I love SU, CTMH, and Inkadinkado has some of the best wood-mount and clear images! Stampendous is great, and I love Michael's, AC Moore and JoAnn's for their wood and clear dollar sets. I buy what I like/need, no one company has everything for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

I have being a loyal SU customer for 3 1/2 years until I found a stamp that I really liked that was unmounted and clear, it took me awhile to convince myself to go ahead and get it, now I really like using different stamps, clear and wood mounted, my demo is fine with this. After reading a thread here on SCS I found the CTMH site and I fell in love with some of the stamps in there book, I found a CTMH demo and bought a book from her. While looking through the book I seen the demo packages and what all was in them, all three, so I have decided to join CTMH as a demo mainly for the free stuff and the discount but also because when I looked at signing up for SU I had 80% of the items in there demo kit. Don't get me wrong, I do still plan on buying SU products when I see a stamp set that I like and using the paper. With CTMH I can start branching into making scrapbooks for my kids and family. So the way I look at it I will be getting the best of both worlds and having fun while I am doing it. And from the way everyone is talking on this thread and others that I have read, I will be happy with my decision to be a CTMH demo. Thanks ladies for helping enable me once again in my growth as a stamper and now a future scapbooker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Default CTMH vs SU

I am a SU demo but I buy some CTMH stampsets--especially the ones that look like retired (wish I had bought) hard to find SU sets--military, sports, ATV, etc. I looked through the catalog yesterday and they still had a ton of cute sets. The clear stamps are great--when you make a mistake because you can just stamp right over your mistake--can't see through the rubber & wood And they take up no room at all.
I bought some of the scrapbooking packages a year or so ago...it is with all the scrapbooking stuff I buy--waiting for me to get to them. They looked pretty interesting, though.
I will say this--I love the inspiration and instant gratification I get from the SU gallery here. It's great to go to a specific set gallery and find hundreds of cards to CASE. There just aren't enough samples from the other companies (or maybe they just aren't organized as well). I have not ventured into their ink or cardstock--I have too many choices with the SU I already have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

The CMTH stamps do not work well with the SU classic ink. I have both inks and stamps. Both have their own "bests" but CMTH does not make 8 1/2x11 paper. There is a lot of waste if you want to make cards with their paper. Both companies have great products but I am liking the SU stamps best. They give a better image. Using the Stampamajig is easier and more efficient than trying to stamp over an image with the acrylic stamps. CMTH ink is really nice and they seem to have several colors SU does not. I am a fan of both companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

CTMH does make 81/2x 11 card stock, and because the acrylic is softer than the rubber stamps it is best to use with something soft underneath. try that and maybe it will work for you. I am sorry you dont have good luck with ctmh stamps with SU ink and I dont understand that but try putting the foam piece that comes with your stamp set or even a washcloth underneath the paper you wish to stamp. your image will stamp better. happy stamping

Virginia

Last edited by craftdoc; 11-27-2011 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: removed promotional language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodgram64View Post
Two posts above have comparison colors for CTMH and SU. Thank you to both of you for your help and research. I don't have many of the CTMH product, but think this will be wonderful if I am looking for a match. I have combined these two lists and coordinated them three different ways in a Word Document. 1 sheet with CTMH color groups. 1 alphabetical list for CTMH. 1 alphabetical list for SU. I haven't done this before, but have tried to attach the Word Document to this post. If it doesn't work and you would like a copy, just PM me and I will email it to you.
Thanks--that was a lot of work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:08 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

I was SU demo for 4 1/2 years... the last 1 1/2 year I really struggled with my own personal preference. Finally gave in that struggle and signed up with CTMH in August. SU really introduced me to alot of things that is around nowdays. I wouldn't had known about it if it wasn't for SU, BUT I have 3 boys and they're my reasoning for scrapbooking. SU has alot of nice stuff, but it's too "flowery" or "girly" for me to use for their book. CTMH has provided that with stamp sets AND papers. I was SU Snob for a long time and gave up and is slowly changing over to CTMH, but I still use SU's ribbons and accessories, for my own personal uses. My scrapbooking had been put on the backburner for SO long (3 years) and that I am so behind.

Anyway --- If you have SU ink - the best thing is to season your arcylix by rubbing really light of pink eraser on the stamp set then clean it off as you would if it was inked. It works better when the stamp sets are seasoned. CTMH's ink is actually formatted for the arcylix stamp sets, but you can make it work with other inks by seasoning it. HTH!

Enjoy!!
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #59  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I don't buy CTMH stamps any more because all my ink is SU! and they are not compatible. I do like the scrap kits from CTMH better though and buy them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #60  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I don't buy CTMH stamps any more because all my ink is SU! and they are not compatible. I do like the scrap kits from CTMH better though and buy them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #61  
Cardstock Collector

So what about pricing. I see one mention of ink refills, but it seems that more ink is included in the CTMH reinker so that might be justified. I also read above that the CTMH demo commision is higher and you can be a jr demo at CTMH and receive 10% off for only $1 a year in purchases. But which is better price wise in both product and commissions? My reorganized craft room will hopefully be ready in the next week or two, so I am getting ready to dive in and am looking for some good advice. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #62  
Cardstock Collector

what do you mean not compatible? I know I have had trouble with the CTMH stamps sliding and smearing with using SU ink. What is causing this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #63  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepsijakeView Post
what do you mean not compatible? I know I have had trouble with the CTMH stamps sliding and smearing with using SU ink. What is causing this?
Are you using SU dye ink? CTMH's ink is pigment ink. I haven't tried my CTMH stamps with dye ink, it always beaded up on the stamp.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
Are you using SU dye ink? CTMH's ink is pigment ink. I haven't tried my CTMH stamps with dye ink, it always beaded up on the stamp.
Close to my Heart ink IS NOT pigment ink. It is dye ink. Says so right on the stamp pad.

AMuse has pigment ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
CTMH ink pads are dye ink, but specially formulated to work well with photopolymer (clear) stamps. The new SU ink pads are reformulated and work well with clear stamps now, too. CTMH White Daisy is a pigment ink pad - my favorite, as a matter of fact

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
CTMH ink pads are dye ink, but specially formulated to work well with photopolymer (clear) stamps. The new SU ink pads are reformulated and work well with clear stamps now, too. CTMH White Daisy is a pigment ink pad - my favorite, as a matter of fact
I just purchased some clear stamps and when I used my regular old style SU pads, it was horrible...when I used the new ones, it was fine. Was SU ink redone as well or just the pad? Or both? :confused: I am not prepared for this!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan_5View Post
cjbapp,
no ctmh demos can not place things on ebay
Close to my Heart consultants CAN put items on eBay. However, if the product is in the current idea book, it can only be listed as a "buy it now" option. Only retired product can be sold auction-style.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
I just purchased some clear stamps and when I used my regular old style SU pads, it was horrible...when I used the new ones, it was fine. Was SU ink redone as well or just the pad? Or both? :confused: I am not prepared for this!! :p
It is my understanding that both the ink formula and the ink pad were redone, but maybe someone who knows for sure can weigh in...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

It is my understanding that both the ink formula and the ink pad were redone, but maybe someone who knows for sure can weigh in...?
My understanding is that SU did not reformulate all the inks, just a handful. The pads were all redone. Here's a link to a post by an SU demo on the new pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

I have been a hardcore SU buyer for years - I have literally all of the color families plus I buy the the incolor sets each year, and always pick up reinkers at the same time.

That being said... there is only so much room for wood stamps. (And no, I am not willing to detach them). So I have been buying more and more clear PhotoPolymer stamps. Which don't stamp beautifully when you have the felt ink pads.

What to do, what to do? I have sunk a LOT of cash into my set of stamp pads. Now I have to buy them all over again? I mean, I do appreciate that SU made the improvements, and I am not willing to switch brands at this point because I still have all the re-inkers too (but yes, I do have some others for special needs, like a black memento, a black staz on, etc.).

What are other people doing?

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #71  
Insane Embellisher

I was a SU Demo for 10 yrs. and still love their product, but I also love CTMH!! I have more stamp sets from both Co. than I can begin to count. I absolutely love CTMH clear stamps and am not a big fan of SU unmounted as I have problems with them falling off of the blocks when I am stamping. Other clear stamps seem to lose their "stick" after time, but I have -0- problems with CTMH!! I am in love with the CTMH Paper packs, love their designs and colors, love so many of their embellishments. Just got the CTMH Cricut Cartridge and feel completely ripped off that I have purchased others. LOL I recently joined a SU Club for the fellowship, but am loving some of their new products, ink pad included. I have never been a "One Company" kinda girl, there are so many AWESOME products out there and I thought SU was out of their mind to expect us to be SU exclusive...that wasn't happening with this chick!! Stamp On!! ;) Don't t hink my signature line has ever been so fitting!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by happigirlcorgiView Post
So I have been buying more and more clear PhotoPolymer stamps. Which don't stamp beautifully when you have the felt ink pads.

What to do, what to do? I have sunk a LOT of cash into my set of stamp pads. Now I have to buy them all over again?

What are other people doing?
I have a few clear sets and I use them with the ink that I know they will "take". If I decide to go exclusively for the clear instead of the wood or cling, then I guess I would have to start replacing the pads a little at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #73  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by live4stampinView Post
Close to my Heart consultants CAN put items on eBay. However, if the product is in the current idea book, it can only be listed as a "buy it now" option. Only retired product can be sold auction-style.

Anne

There are a lot of CTMH Demo's putting up current items to buy on Ebay. As a Auction. I purchased something from a Demo a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know she was a demo until I received my stuff.

She place her business card inside my package.

Somehow I don't think they should be allowed to sell it as Buy it now!
When I was a Demo for another company. We were NOT allow to sell it as a buy it now or Auction if it was current.
It doesn't seem fair to the other demo's who are selling their stamps and supplies.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard several people say they were going to sell the old style SU pads and replace with the new pads. Other than that, I don't know what you do. I love SU and I'm finding myself leaning to CTMH because of the clear stamps, paper packs, and embellishments too. I still find plenty to purchase from SU, just not too many of their stamps.
Gizelabella, my stamping buddy bought the CTMH Cricut Cartridge and says it was one of her best purchases ever. She uses it all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #75  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=
Gizelabella, my stamping buddy bought the CTMH Cricut Cartridge and says it was one of her best purchases ever. She uses it all the time.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I have been like a little kid in a Candy Shop!! :-D Love it for sure!! I invested in two caddy's of mostly SU Ink and I sure do love the new stamp pad from SU, I may buy a couple, but can't justify replacing all of them.

Stamp ON!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #76  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
There are a lot of CTMH Demo's putting up current items to buy on Ebay. As a Auction. I purchased something from a Demo a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know she was a demo until I received my stuff.

She place her business card inside my package.

Somehow I don't think they should be allowed to sell it as Buy it now!
When I was a Demo for another company. We were NOT allow to sell it as a buy it now or Auction if it was current.
It doesn't seem fair to the other demo's who are selling their stamps and supplies.
It's one thing to undercut all the other reps in the market by selling it below the catalog price or putting it on auction for less than the catalog price, but what's the difference between offering it on eBay for the catalog price and offering it on your own website for the catalog price?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #77  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

That'll teach me to look at the pads. ;) I always thought you used chalk or pigment ink with clear.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyStamperView Post
Yes CMTH is white core, which I personally didn't like. When I used my cuttlebug embossing folders, it pushed the white thru so I got this funky looking image with blue and white.

I will admit to being a SU ink and paper user for over 10 years. I love having everything match including the designer paper and the ribbon. But I won't talk someone into something they don't love for themselves.
When I use my Cuttlebug with CTMH paper, I put another piece of paper on top of the one that I'm embossing. When finished, I just leave the extra sheet inside the embossing folder and use it again and again and again. By putting another piece of paper on top of the CTMH card stock, you won't get the white core to show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

I have about 85% SU stamps...I do love and use my non SU stamps but use SU dsp, ribbon, card stock, brads, etc. because buying from all over would drive me nuts. I don't like having to try and match up colors from different companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #80  
Crimping Master

I'm getting rid of all my SU! inks. I do still buy their punches and die cuts.

Personally I find CTMH inks work best on both acrylic and rubber stamps.

The CTMH paper is excellent quality, both the DSP and cardstock. Although I do
have quite a lot of SU! DSP.

I've just had bad experience with some of the SU! Demos in my area. In fact some have tried to make me feel bad about wanting to teach stamping classes.

I even had one try to make me feel bad about buying stamps from other companies. Which is something I feel is a personal preference kind of thing. Plus, I was fortunate when I married that my MIL owned the LSS. So my stamping pallet was able to be varied.
Reply With Quote Likes