Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot2dot
Not tracking info but she does let me know when SU has shipped it out. Usually is about 7 days after I order that it leaves SU.
Unless I have a backorderd item, I have never had the picking time be that long...and it sounds like you're the only one here who has had this sort of delay. You must be really unlucky. I have no problem with the SU picking time wahtsoever....but more that it tales UPS 5 business days to NH.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #42  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with ny2nh
I lie in Maryland.
I placed an order on the 30th and it is set to arrive on the 5th of April-just under a week.
Even with shipping delays when the new building was being switched over, it has NEVER taken more than 2 weeks from the day I submit the order.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #43  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Off Topic

NY2NH

Are you a ham?????

I am - N4SWL.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Wow, all of you are so lucky to be able to track exactly when Mr. Brown arrives -- I'm on an overseas military base and we are at the mercy of the USPS! After shipping it can take up to three weeks to arrive and I have no way of knowing, there's no tracking system for us. It's totally frustrating.

Last year I had a personal order of $500 ( :oops: -- my new catalog order!) take three weeks -- every day I would go to the post office to check (no home delivery here!) and come home depressed. Some days I'd go twice. You can imagine my shock and anger when it turned out it had been sitting in the post office FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! They write the arrival date on the side of the package. We get a yellow slip in our box when packages arrive -- they claimed I must have lost the slip! Twice! I was furious, especially because I hadn't nagged them and needed some of it for a workshop. It was in August and I'm still burned up about it.

But needless to say this was NOT the fault of SU. I have had other packages take a month to arrive -- SU has been very helpful and reshipped them, only to have the originals arrive the next day. Again, not the fault of SU, but the USPS and military mail. And SU has never complained about it. UPS and quick shipping are one of the things I look forward to most upon my return to the Continental US. Anyway -- didn't mean to vent, just wish I had more control over the situation like many of you do.

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -- Louisa May Alcott
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=15375
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 01:18 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here in Oregon we average 17 days from placing order to getting product. Fastest has been 12 days and longest was 29. I figured that at $3.95 shipping for one set it would go priority. Guess not!
I am a Demo living in Oregon and trust me it does not take 17 days! I usually have mine well within 7 days, sometimes in 3-4 days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

It generally takes longer if the demo pays for the order using withdrawal from a bank account rather than with a credit card. It has been my experience that an order starts to pick the same day the funds are withdrawn from my checking account. Sorry you have to wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
Quote:

Here in Oregon we average 17 days from placing order to getting product. Fastest has been 12 days and longest was 29. I figured that at $3.95 shipping for one set it would go priority. Guess not!
I am a Demo living in Oregon and trust me it does not take 17 days! I usually have mine well within 7 days, sometimes in 3-4 days.
Perhaps someone working in the warehouse saw all the negative posts about SU! products...

Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? The snark fairy must have visited last night.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
Quote:

Perhaps someone working in the warehouse saw all the negative posts about SU! products...

Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? The snark fairy must have visited last night.
In Oregon, from the time I click submit on the computer, the order arrives to me usually no less than 4 business days. I've placed an order on Monday and been stamping on Thursday before.

One way, dot2dot to check when your demo actually places the order is to check the order date on the top of the packing slip. The slip lists order date and shipping date. I have never had it be 14 days between order and shipping....I'm sure it would be interesting to have documentation on that, and I'm sure SU would be interested in that as well. Maybe it is your demo you are more frustrated with than SU.

I was going to mention that to the original poster as well. Check the order date on your packing slip and compare it with the ship date. Maybe the problem lies with the date your demo is actually submitting the order. Some demos wait, and have every right to wait until all checks have cleared so they don't get stuck with a bad check.

I just hate to see SU getting bad-mouthed when this is not their problem.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies! Don't sweet the long shipping times to Oregon. Here's what she said in another thread...

Quote:

Thanks to a fantastic demo, I got 14 sets for $151.23!! She had a buy one, get one 1/2 off unlimited number of sets. Then she counted them as if they had been full price for SAB and Hostess gifts! I have my Christmas shopping done for next Christmas for my stamping sister and my friends, plus I have so much to play with that I cannot believe I am sitting here typing this. PLUS they were shipping out on Thurs. and I got them Fri!!! I have never received them so fast before. I think I am in heaven!!

Here's the thread if you want to see for yourself.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

I was interested in the shipping times, so I had to check my most recent orders.

I placed a hostess order on 3/24, it shipped 3/28, and set to arrive at my doorstep any minute (4/4). Now if only Mr. Brown would stop - he has already driven by once!!!

I placed a customer order on 3/31, it shipped 4/2, and UPS doesn't have an arrival date posted yet.

Now - my hostess order took 11 days, however, that was my fault for placing it right before the weekend and a holiday!!!! It usually is exactly 7 days to get to my door here in Maryland.

I think the shipping is great! Of course, it doesn't matter to me when I get my things - either way fast or slow - I am like a kid at Christmas!!! Makes getting my packages so much fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Let's see, I closed an order on the 24th and it got to Wisconsin April 2. The order I placed on the 26th is waiting for me in front of my house right now.

So about seven to 10 days is what I've been experiencing from the time I place the order. Note, that is different than closing the workshop. I make sure all the checks have been cleared and use the direct pay out of my SU credit union account to pay for the order.

Sooo, although the workshop closed April 24th, I didn't place the order until the 26th because of funds.
Michelle C., #12400
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/hookandstamp
Reply With Quote Likes