Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
I just wish that SU! would go Eco-Friendly and offer the unmounted option. I hate that all that wood gets "wasted" on so many of us that aren't using it. It would cut the cost of the stamp sets for those of us that are unmounted, which might increase my purchasing. ....even with "wasting" all that wood! Hee, hee!
I am going to write something that may be a really stupid question . . . so please bear with me! (Background info: I have never used a stamp that needed an acrylic block, only used wood mounted . . . so I am not sure of what rubber ones that you put on acrylic blocks should look like)

Aren't Stampin' Up! stamps considered 'un-mounted' since we have to mount them???

And what if everyone who didn't need the wood blocks just sent them back to Stampin' Up! (I realize shipping costs may be an issue)? I'm just thinking that if they started receiving tons of wooden blocks sent back to them they may get the point faster of just how many people would like that option.

Or they could put those blocks back in to circulation and maybe keep costs down??? Maybe that's something we can suggest. Maybe there could be a button on the ordering website that says: "please remove wooden blocks from order"

. . . Just thinking outloud. <Please don't throw your blocks at me ;) >
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #42  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasatch WizardView Post
Of course you can buy the 2 Artful Inkables stamps unmounted for only $4.95, a cheaper option Stampin' Up doesnt even provide, plus both companies would charge tax and shipping on top of the list price. So isn't the AI stamp really a better deal? ;) Buy the original...after all it was out last spring! :-D

not if you prefer wood mounted

BTW...before anyone jumps on me I do own unmounted - in fact I just opened my new Verve Visual Wonderful Wishes stamps...

but looking at them and thinking - WOW - I think I would really use them alot...I am thinking I might need to mount them on blocks...which means now I need to find and purchase some blocks...

so in reality 6 of one half dozen of the other - based on preference...

Personally if I am buying an image I like but would use rather infrequently (like a specific holiday or occassion stamp) then the cheaper cost of the UM appeals to me...a set that I know I would use often - personally I prefer the grab and go convience of wood mounted.

but like many people I buy what I like - sometimes the images are wood mounted SU sets - other times they are unmounted rubber and sometimes they are acrylic...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenmouerView Post
not if you prefer wood mounted

BTW...before anyone jumps on me I do own unmounted - in fact I just opened my new Verve Visual Wonderful Wishes stamps...

but looking at them and thinking - WOW - I think I would really use them alot...I am thinking I might need to mount them on blocks...which means now I need to find and purchase some blocks...

so in reality 6 of one half dozen of the other - based on preference...

Personally if I am buying an image I like but would use rather infrequently (like a specific holiday or occassion stamp) then the cheaper cost of the UM appeals to me...a set that I know I would use often - personally I prefer the grab and go convience of wood mounted.

but like many people I buy what I like - sometimes the images are wood mounted SU sets - other times they are unmounted rubber and sometimes they are acrylic...
I guess I like the unmounted better because I can see through the acrylic block for placement of my image. This is really why I prefer to keep my SU stamps unmounted. If you want to buy my blocks you are quite welcome. They are just sitting in my basement, gathering dust.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by imatbrownView Post
.....And what if everyone who didn't need the wood blocks just sent them back to Stampin' Up! (I realize shipping costs may be an issue)? I'm just thinking that if they started receiving tons of wooden blocks sent back to them they may get the point faster of just how many people would like that option.

Or they could put those blocks back in to circulation and maybe keep costs down??? Maybe that's something we can suggest. Maybe there could be a button on the ordering website that says: "please remove wooden blocks from order"

. . . Just thinking outloud. <Please don't throw your blocks at me ;) >
Not gonna throw blocks, lol! How funny, I was thinking the same thing, only just in my head, ! If it was cost-effective, I wonder if SU could put an RMA# in the set to return the blocks, or maybe a pre-paid mailing label? They could be received and, as you put it, re-circulated into their system. This wouldn't require any changes to the pick line that would mean bumping a product, right? I wonder..... Of course, the only way to really know if they'd lose money by doing this is to try it, and see how many would send them back. Hey, great minds think alike!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

There was a price increase? LOL! Sorry, Im horrible when it comes to looking at prices....my EYES only see the purty images!

And like Julie said, you can spend $30 for 3 images, but if you love them then it doesnt matter in the end. If the stamps are used then they were worth the cost.

The most expensive stamps are uninked and collecting dust!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #46  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have to say I love SU! and while I think the first time I looked at a catalog, I sort of gasped at the prices. That is because I had never stamped before. Now I see, at least in terms of US prices, that for quality stamps it really is comparable to wood block stamps.

In relation to canadian dollar worth more than our dollar, it just reminds me that our US economy has been riding high for a long time, and unfortunately things are started to go downhill in terms of financial aspects. I always thought it was strange that we have money backed by nothing? Maybe I am mistaken or misled, that just seems to be how it is? I am a little fearful of how much the economy may crash. I am comfortable with my life, my money and spending, and would hate to have to give up stamping if things took a major turn for the worse (guess I should start hoarding my stamps now, no selling retired sets!). :-)

Ugh, over $4 for milk?? And I am annoyed that I pay around $3. Now I think I will be a little more grateful. I think our prices are decent because we have lots of dairies around here, and close too.

Ok, thats my share of opinions. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrielleView Post
We went above par a few months ago on your dollar. Prior to that, we've been very close to par for over a year with your dollar.
you're close, only two months. the dollar only went above par the beginning of october. and you are right, we tend to look at this more than others do.
after all our money is monopoly money right?;)

if anyone wants to look up the rates to how its been the past year check this out:

http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/en/...ange-look.html

never mind me i am a little geeky when it comes to this stuff.

now back to your regular scheduled posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

I think I'm gonna give up my demo position since I can't make quota anyway and start only buying or trading used stamp sets. Maybe I will save some money instead of being a stampin' spend thrift. I just wish I'd never signed up to be a SU demo, if my upline had told me all the facts about the requirements I would have never done it. I spent hundreds of dollars this Fall trying to host successful workshops to sell my quota of stamps and nobody was interested. I haven't sold a single item except to myself. It was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made and then last week I spent $150 on SU stuff I didn't need 'cause I didn't want to lose the demonstratorship I paid $200 for. So now I'm in the hole close to $600 or more. I could have invested that money in something with a real return. Impetuous youth. Ha Ha. So my advice is don't do what I did, don't order from any catalogs, buy only used supplies or the discontinued stuff that's over 50% off. Buy powdered milk instead of gas station milk, get rid of the SUV or Hummer you drive and move closer to your job so you can use alternative transportation or just plain drive less miles, go to the library instead of barnes & noble, avoid restaurants like the plague and maybe even avoid michael's and Joannes for a little while. If I could do all of those things consistently I'd be rich. My New Year resolution in a nut shell, except I already did some of those things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Question So wierd! I used the calculator from the same page to get my info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrielleView Post
We went above par a few months ago on your dollar. Prior to that, we've been very close to par for over a year with your dollar.

Here's a conversion chart for the US $ versus the CDN $ and Eruos, etc.

http://www.x-rates.com/

Canadians tend to pay more attention to our dollars' value, it's reported on every day here.

This is the link to the calculator I used from the same page you provided! I had gone there as well.
Interseting though! Am I misunderstanding it?

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shipping for SU hasn't changed much which is a good thing.

Some companies raised their prices on Shipping. and other's have not.

I enjoy using both wood mounted and unmounted Rubber stamps. And yes I do own a few clear stamps set's.

If I see a Stamp set that I really want and can use with my other stamp set's. I purchase it.

( I also make sure that I can afford it first....I don't want to go in debt purchasing all this much love stamp sets!)

Someone ask about how to use unmounted rubber stamps.

Well most of the unmounted Rubber stamps that I use come with some Ez-mount cling foam. and we use a Acrylic block instead of a wood block for our stamping.

Please see sample of how I use my unmouted rubber stamps

PS: a gallon of Skim Milk is $2.49 and unleaded gas is $3.03 Diesel is $3.59
Attached Thumbnails
Stampin up prices-creative-cling-foam-back-stamp.jpg   Stampin up prices-acrylic-block-unmounted-rubber-stamp-.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 03:27 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
A couple things - SU grows trees specifically for their blocks. Besides there are MANY additional uses for the blocks - give them to some children to play with, you could alter them, use them to straighten a wobbly table....

And the other note, MOST SU products are made right here in the US! So there is no economic issue (or very little).
really??? this is the first i've heard of this. so su! started their own tree farm for their wood blocks. interesting. considering su! started in 1988(?) and it takes 7 - 10 years to produce a 6-7ft tree (xmas tree size) it must be a very fast growing tree farm to be harvesting it already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

SU manufactures their own rubber stamps in Kanab, UT. But I assume they purchase the wood blocks from a vendor. Perhaps that vendor is the tree grower? I hadn't heard that before either.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:01 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Buying stamps, cars, clothes is a very individual decision. Concerns of style, quality, versatility, price all factor into our decisions. One must have no matter what the price is a shrug of the shoulders to someone else. Hope my links work. (And I have no idea where the wood for these stamps comes from. LOL)

Just to compare, I selected some wood mounted stamps to show other companies' prices:

http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/Detail?no=792 karen lockhart wood mounted stamps 1 and � x 2 and � $8

http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.co...U=6-758-622732 set of 6 on sale for $21.68

http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.co...U=6-758-433541 hero arts set of 4

PSX one stamp 3. 5 x 2. 5 http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.co...U=6-758-521644

http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.co...U=6-758-695563 from Impression Obsession 4.25 x 5.25 14.30
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:04 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If SU continues to produce in the US (or Canada, I love me some Canada) I will continue to feel really good about buying from them.

There are other factors for me: I feel like when I buy from my cute demo I'm helping her. I mean like she's her own little store, that I want to keep in business. Would I rather give my money to the execs at WalMart or to cute Brandy? (plus cute Brandy gives me specials and stuff and... well.. she's cute!) I think SU is a good company, I've heard good things about how they treat their employees, their demos, and I KNOW as a customer they treat me well. That all buys them some return business.

I do buy cheaper stamps, I try to stay with companies who I would feel good about supporting. I'm not going to list them all but you know, the cute ones we all love. I buy more expensive stamps too.

But the real bottom line for me is will I USE the stamp. I'd pay a whole lot more for stamps I will use than I do. And I'm at the point now, like Julie was saying,I won't pay ANYTHING for stamps I won't use. Not a dime.

So I've not seen a new preview or whatever, but if there are stamps that make me start dreaming up cards and get me all in a fluster I'll pay whatever they cost. I'm not made of money, something else will have to go. (some other stamping thing, not like diapers or something! teeheehee)

Oh and the cardstock, come on! It's the BEST. I feel very put upon to have to us any other now. mmmmm gives me a warm feeling just thinking about that cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:05 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
SU manufactures their own rubber stamps in Kanab, UT. But I assume they purchase the wood blocks from a vendor. Perhaps that vendor is the tree grower? I hadn't heard that before either.
I hadn't heard that either, but it is possible that SU (or the manufacturer) does replace the trees used, so while they are taking down older trees, they are planting new ones to replace.

But, as I said, I hadn't heard that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5View Post
I hadn't heard that either, but it is possible that SU (or the manufacturer) does replace the trees used, so while they are taking down older trees, they are planting new ones to replace.

But, as I said, I hadn't heard that.
There was a post sometime in the last year about it, but I can't seem to find it right now. And yes, they replace what they cut down - same as paper companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:33 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursejilly05View Post
I just wish I'd never signed up to be a SU demo, if my upline had told me all the facts about the requirements I would have never done it. I spent hundreds of dollars this Fall trying to host successful workshops to sell my quota of stamps and nobody was interested. I haven't sold a single item except to myself. It was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made and then last week I spent $150 on SU stuff I didn't need 'cause I didn't want to lose the demonstratorship I paid $200 for.

Just FYI so people don't get the wrong Idea...yes the Starter kit costs ~$200 and you do need that in order to become a demo - but it does contain well over $300 in Stampin Up products (that amount doesn't include the value of the business products - catalogs, forms and other business items whcih + another $80 or so). Of Which you get to choose the stamp sets (= or lesser value), wheel, ink and paper colors...

Everything you need to show our products are included in the kit...you DON"T need to purchase anything else in order to show off our products...

Furthermore you don't need to purchase anything else period...true if you don't sell/purchase $300 in a quarters time you do go inactive and can be dropped. But even then you aren't "out" anything - you still have over $300 in products that you only spent $200 on...Furthermore it only counts for your first FULL quarter - so for SU - if you sign up say the beginning of January - you would have until the end of June to meet your first quota of $300. (whereas say you sign up in December a new quarter begins Jan 1st so you would have to meet your $300 quota by the end of March - but with Sale-a-bration that isn't so hard to do)

For anyone who is interested in becoming a demonstrator for ANY company be it stamping or another home based business I would encourage them to sit down with a demo and really get all the ins and outs...it should definately be more than a 5 minute meeting to exchange paperwork.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default for some of us this works

I agree, not being a demo, I'm not bound to having to buy new sets because it's a business. I think it is wonderful buying the second hand sets and checking this wonderful site for so many, many samples in the gallery, not wasting my time or supplies trying to make new samples, unless I'm so motivated. I'm retired and that works for me, also I do buy SU often enough just getting suppllies and because this site has so many nice samples; and the best color combination challenges/misc challenges Carolyn

Quote:

I think I'm gonna give up my demo position since I can't make quota anyway and start only buying or trading used stamp sets. Maybe I will save some money instead of being a stampin' spend thrift. I just wish I'd never signed up to be a SU demo, if my upline had told me all the facts about the requirements I would have never done it. I spent hundreds of dollars this Fall trying to host successful workshops to sell my quota of stamps and nobody was interested. I haven't sold a single item except to myself. It was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made and then last week I spent $150 on SU stuff I didn't need 'cause I didn't want to lose the demonstratorship I paid $200 for. So now I'm in the hole close to $600 or more. I could have invested that money in something with a real return. Impetuous youth. Ha Ha. So my advice is don't do what I did, don't order from any catalogs, buy only used supplies or the discontinued stuff that's over 50% off. Buy powdered milk instead of gas station milk, get rid of the SUV or Hummer you drive and move closer to your job so you can use alternative transportation or just plain drive less miles, go to the library instead of barnes & noble, avoid restaurants like the plague and maybe even avoid michael's and Joannes for a little while. If I could do all of those things consistently I'd be rich. My New Year resolution in a nut shell, except I already did some of those things.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"

Last edited by stampencamper; 11-30-2007 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawneerankView Post
Well I just wondered what all you demos think about the increase in price of the stamps in stampin up? I just saw the mini preview and can't believe the prices. Are they die cut? I just don't understand. I know all things rise in price but a 5 set of stamps for 30.00. I just can't do it no matter how much I love them. I already have about 350 sets so I just can't justify spending that much on a 5 piece set. Am I the only on out there that feels this way?
I am a demo and all I can say is then don't buy them if they are too much for you. I love SU! stamps enough that I cant imagine a price increase high enough that would make me not buy them but everyone is different, KWIM?

I got some old SU! catalogs from a friend recently that are from 96, 97..that I had never seen before and the prices in there are relatively the same, to me. Some sets were in the high $20 range and had 6 stamps and 12 stamps...some were cheaper and had more or less stamps. It all comes down to the value of the stamp to you personally.

We can sit here and go back and forth about the price of eggs but what it comes down to is your personal preference.

HTH
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 AM   #60  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

and where did the post go by "marieos" something??? it was between my post and stampencamper's post....wierd and scary....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieos
I just bought a gorgeous set of 26 Crafty Secrets stamps for $24.95, 28 PaperTrey for $24.95. I bought a set of 16 Verve Visual for $10. I bought a set of 12 My Favorite Things for $9. Stampin' Up is going to be left in the dust!!

I disagree with that statement. Cheaper (and lower quality) stamps have existed for years and I have many sets of those stamps. That said, Stampin' Up is still going strong and is currently one of the most successful DSA corporations. As a demo, I love it when customers order several sets of stamps. However, I am also aware of the fact that many people do not have large stamping budgets. I hold many workshops and stamp camps where I focus on the versatility of just one or two sets. That way, my customers feel like they have more options and aren't stuck with one particular "look".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #62  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Exclamation

Hold the presses a minute....where in the world do this persons posts go after he/she posts them?????????? It is making me feel a little nutty??!?!

Can anyone help me out here a mod maybe?

Quote:

I just bought a gorgeous set of 26 Crafty Secrets stamps for $24.95, 28 PaperTrey for $24.95. I bought a set of 16 Verve Visual for $10. I bought a set of 12 My Favorite Things for $9. Stampin' Up is going to be left in the dust!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #63  
Gallery Gazer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay, wait just a gosh darn minute..... (I've only read posts 60 through about 40 so if someone else said this forgive me.) There's 3 stamps in a set, set costs $30.00, you use stamp A on 20 cards, stamp B on 30 cards and stamp C on 2 cards (it's your least favorite), so acutally each stamp only cost .58. It's how many times the item is used that determines it's cost.
If I used a $10.00 stamp 100 times (and we all have our favs) what did it really "cost" me? Like if you buy a dress for $100 and wear it once, it cost $100 to wear the dress, but wear it 4 times, it cost $25. This logic was called the "wearing quotient" in the '90's.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #64  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Okay, I understand the unmounted for storage concerns~ but it hard to buy the going "green" or being more "eco friendly" when we are using products like rubber and or photo poylmer~ I have a hard time believing that those are as recyclable as wood is.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffsscrapsView Post
[/color]

I disagree with that statement. Cheaper (and lower quality) stamps have existed for years and I have many sets of those stamps. That said, Stampin' Up is still going strong and is currently one of the most successful DSA corporations. As a demo, I love it when customers order several sets of stamps. However, I am also aware of the fact that many people do not have large stamping budgets. I hold many workshops and stamp camps where I focus on the versatility of just one or two sets. That way, my customers feel like they have more options and aren't stuck with one particular "look".

*sigh*

Just b/c stamps are cheaper does NOT mean they are inferior quality. That may be true for some stamps, but not all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Try paying �30 sterling for a set ... aka $60 !!!! Thats how the UK price equates to yours !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

May I add while we talk about eggs and milk prices they are rising just like the wood is?
<cough>
Giving up using tp and kleenex could save some trees too but I don't think I'll start :}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #68  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
Hold the presses a minute....where in the world do this persons posts go after he/she posts them?????????? It is making me feel a little nutty??!?!

Quote:

I am so glad you posted this. I have been trying to follow this thread and also wondered what happened. The quote is first seen in #16 and I just could not figure out where it came from. Now I know the question should be where it went.

I forgot that the edit mode is back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #69  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I'm not trying to flame you, but I wanted to address your comment because the terms of a SU! demonstratorship are so straightforward. I just feel like non-demos will read your comments and think that there is some hidden fine print that uplines don't want you to know, which is not the case. If you spend/sell $300 per quarter, you'll maintain your demonstratorship. If you don't, you just won't be a demo anymore. These terms are very clear on the start-up paperwork, so I don't understand what you feel your upline didn't tell you.

I'm sorry that this has been an expensive and unsuccessful endeavor for you. I agree that you should definitely stop buying to maintain your demonstratorship if you think it's one of the worst mistakes of your life, yikes! I'm sorry about that! At least you got a lot of great stuff at a discount between the starter kit and the additional orders you made.

I admire your plan to scale back and save money in all areas! You gave some great ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #70  
Crimping Master

Quote:

*sigh*

Just b/c stamps are cheaper does NOT mean they are inferior quality. That may be true for some stamps, but not all.
My apologies. It was not my intention to imply that any stamp or stamp set cheaper than SU is poor quality. Frankly though, I've wasted so much money on stamps from other manufacurers that just aren't that great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

here are my thoughts on all of this...like any of you wanted to know..haha.

Milk, gas, food, paying bills are a no brainer to me...you need these things to survive....stamps I dont need to survive...if you have money and like to spend it on stamps, then you should...I have money but choose not to waste it buying things I dont need these days.

Ok, arent ya glad I chimed in..hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #72  
8 Cow Woman

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper121View Post

Milk, gas, food, paying bills are a no brainer to me...you need these things to survive....stamps I dont need to survive...if you have money and like to spend it on stamps, then you should...I have money but choose not to waste it buying things I dont need these days.

I'm sorry, you lost me here :confused:

You mean I won't die if I don't have any new, glorious red rubbah?????? That's just heretical!! Isn't it? LOL :p :mrgreen:

*goes to finish ordering more glorious red rubbah*:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

and where did the post go by "marieos" something??? it was between my post and stampencamper's post....wierd and scary....
I ran across this "marieos" in another thread last night and "her" posts where deleted in that thread too!:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

THERE'S A NEW MINI OUT??? I don't have it yet!
~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper121View Post

Actually you dont need milk to survive....just saying

sorry, the vegan had to say that.....please be gentle as you toss rubber my way, it was meant as a joke.

On another note it's interesting to read the different views on the prices, this was a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedInLoveView Post
THERE'S A NEW MINI OUT??? I don't have it yet!
The mini was sent to demos and it's online for demos, it should be sent out to customers and online for customers soon.
Sorry, I dont remember all the details, Im my only customer!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #77  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll get mine soon. My sis is my demo, maybe I can ask her to bring her mini when I see her this weekend so I can take a look - I hate waiting! LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
The mini was sent to demos and it's online for demos, it should be sent out to customers and online for customers soon.
Sorry, I dont remember all the details, Im my only customer!:rolleyes:
~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #78  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmi, I looked this person up in the members list and she ain't there anymore.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #79  
Rubber Obsessor

Jen and Beth...you girls are too funny..hehe

I dont need milk to survive either..lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #80  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedInLoveView Post
Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll get mine soon. My sis is my demo, maybe I can ask her to bring her mini when I see her this weekend so I can take a look - I hate waiting! LOL!

It is not a mini but a preview catalog....of some sets and accessories that are going to be in the upcoming catalog...IF your demo choose to have them mailed ot you they should be showing up in the next week or so...if not ask your demo for a copy or it should be on-line on the customer side this coming week (I think)
Reply With Quote Likes