Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin Up or Not?

I'm very interested in becoming a Stampin Up demo. I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion on this. I think there is a definite market in my area for a demo and if nothing else I can totally justify being at lease a hobby demo. I have a couple of questions though...

1. What are the pros and cons of becoming a demo?

2. Also, what are the things that I should know before I sign?

I would appreciate any input you can give me!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love it and have been at it since Sept of 95 - long time!

What is it you are wanting? A business? A discount? Flexibility?? That would help to answer your questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherisView Post
I love it and have been at it since Sept of 95 - long time!

What is it you are wanting? A business? A discount? Flexibility?? That would help to answer your questions!
Any and all of the above are my goals. I would love to build a business with this. If I can't do that the discount is great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I signed up as a hobby demo. I have had one party and I really haven't tried to do any more. I like haveing the discount and the freedom to order any time I like. I also love the sneak peeks we have at the new stuff. Patience was never my strong point. I would do it now for the bonus of the stamp pad family. WOW!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=77229
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Lisa it all depends on why you want to become a demo.

1. If you want to be just a hobby demo (discount only) I would really ask yourself some simple questions. Do I have any friends that can help me out with the minimum EVERY 3 months? If they can't can I afford to put the extra money in to say active? If you are the only one making the minimum, do you have the extra funds to do it EVERY single month? The only reason why I pose the questions like that is because our discount just about covers the shipping and the tax. So in reality you still need to shell out about $100 dollars every month to stay active on your own. Sometimes that can be alot of pressure when you get months where life throws you curve balls. If you are thinking of doing it just as a hobby demo I would give it some serious thought. Be realistic about weather or not you can truly afford to just do it on your own or even with alittle help. Not trying to be negative just writing from experience.
2. I don't know much about being a business demo but I must assume that if you have any potential customers interested than I'm sure it is worth it.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure with the amazing ladies on SCS you will have all the advice you need. Good luck with your decision.

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

MY suggestion to you is to contact a few demos in your area and speak with them about being a demo - they should be able to provide you with all the nitty gritty about being a demo - also I truely believe it is VERY important to have an upline that is willing to help you out and answer any questions you may have and not just sign up with anyone...even if you think you are just going to buy from yourself now - you might be surprised...

The basics are....you do not have to do anything beyond purchasing the starter kit (great deal going on now - you get a whole family of full sized ink pads in addition to everything included in the starter kit)

To remain an active demo you do have to sell $300 (retail) every quarter...if you were to sign up now in August - you would have until the end of Dec to do $300 in order to remain an active demo

As a demo you recieve 20% in instant income (an additional 10% on your first order within 45 days) - now...that being said - if you are buying for yourself it is basically a 20% discount...however once you add S&H and tax you are basically paying (for the most part) a little less than the cost shown in the catty. There are ways to earn extra $$ depending on how much you sell in any given month - there are also a few other "programs" that help you to earn free products - as a demo you also have access to be able to pre-order from mini catalogs and preview catalogs

There really aren't any cons to becoming a demo because if you decide you don't want to be one anymore there is nothing else to do...as far as the cost for the starter kit there is no S&h charged on it so it is the flat $199 - you get a ton of sets and supplies (and have the ability to substitute different stamp sets and ink colors) - so it isn't like you are out any money because you did get product = to or more than what you paid....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks so much for all the info and opinions. I've found a great demo recently who is very passionate about SU and would be a great motivator if I wanted to build a business. I really think that there is a market in my area for at least workshops to help me meet my minumums. If not, $100 is not out of the realm of my spending on SU products through my deom...shhhh don't tell DH though!

Keep the thoughts and opinions coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

With the great specials going on for SU, why think too long or too hard! Just do it....you will love it! And if you don't...what a great deal on fabulous stamping stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Sounds like you've made up your mind already---go for it girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainStamperView Post
Sounds like you've made up your mind already---go for it girl!
Yeah...I think I kind of have. Just needed a little confirmation that I was making the right decision and that extra little push. I'm off to contact my demo!!
Reply With Quote Likes