Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp Stores in or near Dayton OH

I'm soon going to Dayton with my hubbie. While he is at his HAM radio convention, I thought I'd like to visit some stamp stores but cannot locate any by googling myself. Can anyone help me out?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I've always wanted to go to Marco's paper store. I've bought envelops and paper from them online and I like their selection. Here's a link to their store - it looks nice in the pictures at the bottom of the page.

http://www.marcopaper.com/aboutmarcos.htm

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

You have to go to Marco's. It is in Centerville which is a suburb on Dayton's south side. Dayton is not that big so well worth the drive from anywhere in town. Marco's claims to be a paper store, but they really do have all sorts of stamping supplies. And the staff is wonderful.
While you are in Centerville, go a little further south down Far Hills and go to Bill's Donuts. The best donuts in the world!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Dayton

Simply Scrapbooks in Kettering (Tons of new release stamps plus scrap supplies)
Marco's in Centerville (Great paper and envelopes, plus stamps)
Color Wheel Arts & Crafts in Beavercreek (stamps, papers and art supplies)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea, but is there a Pat Catans nearby? I know they are in Ohio and Pennsylvania!

Nancy

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pat Catans

Is that the store that is also called Crafts 2000 in a couple locations? If so there is one in Springfield which is about 30 minutes from Dayton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Go to The Color Wheel in Beavercreek (suburb east of Dayton, not far). They have loads of stamps. Don't know of any Pat Catan's in the area. There is a Hobby Lobby south of town near the Dayton Mall area and a Michaels in the Beavercreek area near the Fairfield Mall.

If you like outlet shopping there is a new outlet mall south of Dayton at the exit for Route 63 of off I75 and an IKEA off of I75 also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Definitely go to Simply Scrapbooks. Their address so that you can look up driving directions: 2120 E. Dorothy Lane, Kettering OH. It's the best stamp/scrapbooking store around and the owner and her staff are very knowledgeable stampers/scrapbookers. She's currently getting in lots of new product from CHA. She has the best selection of stamps, cardstock, dp, copics, prismacolors, gamsol, etc. and plenty of sample cards and altered items to spark your imagination. If you only have time to do one store, that would be my choice. Marco's has a great selection of Spellbinders, Cuttlebug embossing folders, ink pads, envelopes, and papers (not dp). Their stamp selection is very old and limited (in my opinion). If you would like the phone # for Simply Scrapbooks in order to call and get their hours, PM me and I'll look it up for you. You won't be disappointed in that store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with the majority on this one. My mom lives near Dayton and everytime I am there to visit we go to Marco's Paper and Simply Scrapbooks. Simply Scrapbooks offers classes, classes, classes so not only do they have a great inventory, there is inspiration on every wall. (And a starbucks and dunkin donuts close by!). If you do have to spend a day at Ham Vention, there is a JoAnne's closeby...my Mom works there! Enjoy your visit to the Dayton/Trotwood area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Far Hills is going to centrally locate you for these stores.... Marcos is Far Hills and Whipp... The Mall area that would have Hobby Lobby, J's, M's, Big Lot's, and Flower Factory you'd just go south down Far Hills from Marco's and go right onto RTE 725 at the light. There's a coffee shop and a dentist at the intersection, oh and you pass Bill's donuts on the way! They'll be on the left side of the road. The J's and Flower Factory are on 725 along with the BL and Mall and the HL is on 741 which intersects 725 at the other side of the mall. HL will be a left turn onto 741 from 725. If you go to HL website, there is usually a coupon you can print off for discounts. Our M's and J's accept each other's coupons, at last word that I knew anyway. LOL

After all that, from 725 you can then hop on north 675 to get off at the Indian Ripple exit, turn left. You'll have the Greene shopping center. A great place for lunch... Mimi's Cafe or BD's Mongolian Grill... yumm-O! This same road will take you to Simply Scrapbooks, just about a mile or so, across the street from the Krogers, Dorothy Lane and Woodman intersection. If you didn't get enough at the Greene to eat or it's snack time, Dairy Queen is in the same shopping center and you HAVE to try the new chocolate truffle blizzard made with chocolate ice cream! It's chocolate heaven!

I forget where Hamfest is being held. I have friends that participate every year. I'm sure your dh will have a blast.

There's also an lss in Beavercreek, Stop N Crop, at 3325 Seajay. It'd be right off Rt 35 and N Fairfield Road. N Fairfield would then take you to the Fairfield Mall and we have M's, J's. There's a store in Fairborn that I've heard people rave about but haven't been there myself yet.... Might even be closer to the Hamfest location if that matters... Live Love Scrap 17 W Main St in Fairborn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you get really adventurous, travel south on I-75 to Cincinnati. There is an Archiver's in Mason (a northern suburb), and the best stamp store on the planet (IMHO), Stamp Your Art Out (in Blue Ash). Agree with everyone else about Marco's!
Reply With Quote Likes