Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp & Stack

What is the best way to do a Stamp a Stack workshop. What is a good fee to charge?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Cindy, if you are a demo, you might try this over in the "demo only" side for more responses.

Come to think about it, I guess you would not have to be a demo to teach one of these workshops. You would just need to charge enough for your time and enough for the supplies to be profitable. So it would depend on the cost of goods used. Also the going rate in your area.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2006, 02:00 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've attended many stamp&stacks so can tell you from an attendee's perspective... I like it when the same set is used in several different ways/cards to see how versatile it can be, I like when the projects use techniques that are fairly simple to do but have great effects, I like a project that shows a non-card possibility. I appreciate when the hostess has a place for me to toss my scraps and a lunch bag for me to put my completed projects. Most stamp&stacks I've attended have the projects set out and the folk rotate through, but at a few I've gone to, the hostess has the project in a storage container, guests stay seated, and the containers rotate. Either way works fine for me. I have a friend with mobility issues and she appreciates the second version. One demo asks ahead if there are any specific techniques or kinds of cards folk might be especially wanting to explore. Costs vary widely from $10 - 30 for 5 - 10 projects and a variety of incentives to purchase from the catty. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not a demo but my demo charges $1 per card. She does it at Christmas and it is $20 for 20 cards (5 different).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #5  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

The demo forum would be a great help.. I do charge $1 a card though
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I pay my demo $15 for 12 cards plus envelopes. They are 3 each of 4 designs. I started in August with my monthly christmas card group with her. I have also attended birthday stamp a stacks as well as an all occassion one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I have only attended one stamp a stack. She charged $1.50 per card, and I believe each included an envelope. She emailed the cards ahead of time, and asked us how many of each we wanted to make. There was a little leeway when we got there, as long as she had enough supplies. By the end of the night, I didn't have time to make the last card. I just paid 1.50 per card for as many cards as I actually made.
That was really nice, because everyone has their own favorites. One person might choose to make an extra of this card, another an extra of a different card. In the end, it seemed to work out for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

My demo charges $15 for 12 cards, she sets it up by having a different spot where about 4 people could work for each card. At each spot she has the finished card and a tupperware container with all the stuff needed. She also makes a list of each card and step by step instructions that we take home, it has all the dimensions and colors. Love the stamp a stacks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

My demo charges $20 for 10 cards/projects. We do 2 cards of 5 designs. But the $2.00 per card is well worth it considering she has everything cut to size in advance and all the materials for each card are inserted in a plastic sleeve along with a direction sheet. She normally has stations set up around tables for each card design with whatever inks, stamps, scissors, etc. may be needed. There always are several lunch sacks set up on the table to place scraps as we go along. She puts quite a bit of time into the set-up so that the attendees have little to do other than stamping and assembling the cards.
Reply With Quote Likes