Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #401  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlazarskiView Post
DD's soccer game was cancelled today, so I whipped out 17 cards using two different issues of Sheetloads. I tweaked the layouts a wee bit to fit the images I wanted to use and added a few embellishments here and there, but overall stuck to the directions. Excellent directions -- the cutting dimensions and material lists were right on the nose!

The plan is to use six of each style card for a gift set; I also stamped matching envelopes, and enclosed them in PTI clear boxes I've been hoarding. The only problem is that I want to include a beaded pen, but found out my supply of those is gone. Should the cost of the pens really count out of my earnings? I've been going back and forth on that decision.

Once the pens are finished, I'll upload photos of the gift sets. I changed the sentiments and images a bit so they don't look mass-produced; I'm kinda proud of them!
Oh my gawsh girl...look at you go! That is awesome!
IMO~I wouldn't count the pens, they are writting utensils. Ok, yes, you do plan to alter them...but if you were going to just purchase a pen and add it to the gift of cards...would you count it then? No...so, I wouldn't count it. Just my 2 cents
Can't wait to see what you've done!
Hugs,
Tanya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #402  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you find these sheetloads??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #403  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'_mommyView Post
where do you find these sheetloads??
c-mouse originally posted the link, but it's a ways back, so here you go:

http://sheetload.blogspot.com/search...ng%20SheetLoad

Go down the left column until you see the link to dowload issues. You have to download them to view them, but I like to print them out anyway so I have them to refer back and forth to when I'm crafting!

Thanks, Tanya! Sounds like confirmation of what I was already thinking regarding the pens ;) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #404  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks so much for posting about Sheet Loads! I love the ideas!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #405  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi, Ladies! I thought you might like to see the gift sets I made using cards from the Sheetloads issues:

Horse Lover's Gift Set

Cat Gift Set

With these two issues of Sheetloads, I ended up with credit for 17 cards and two altered items, not to mention two gift sets and cards leftover for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #406  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Hi, Ladies! I thought you might like to see the gift sets I made using cards from the Sheetloads issues:

Horse Lover's Gift Set

Cat Gift Set

With these two issues of Sheetloads, I ended up with credit for 17 cards and two altered items, not to mention two gift sets and cards leftover for me!

Your gift sets are great!

I downloaded all the sheetload issues - can't wait to get started - right after dinner!

TFS...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #407  
Stazon Splitcoast

Your ideas are all terrific!

I've been following this thread, but I haven't been keeping track, since I'm going through a divorce and trying to hoard now while I still have some extra spending cash, but anyway, a question...

- Downloaded the sheetloads and they seem great. Only problem, they are meant for 5 X 7...anyone adapt to standard A4....4.25 X 5.5?

- Any tips?

Thanks,
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #408  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Your ideas are all terrific!

I've been following this thread, but I haven't been keeping track, since I'm going through a divorce and trying to hoard now while I still have some extra spending cash, but anyway, a question...

- Downloaded the sheetloads and they seem great. Only problem, they are meant for 5 X 7...anyone adapt to standard A4....4.25 X 5.5?

- Any tips?

Thanks,
Jen
Jen,
The two issues that I've used so far (January and February 0 were both card fronts for the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards. I did notice that March 08 is for the larger size card, but have you checked the other months?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #409  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

We could run a thread just on this site, because today I finally cut for one of the months I downloaded and am too darn excited by it. Nine cards took like, ten minutes to cut (not even probably). The hardest part was choosing the stamp to use. I need cards for the penpals for April birthdays so this is really great and they have such great layouts. Thanks everyone for turning me on to the site.

Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #410  
Crimping Master

Okay so it is like I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I must place an order for some paper and a punch and guess what? I have money to spend on it and not go into the red!!!! How great is that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #411  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
Okay so it is like I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I must place an order for some paper and a punch and guess what? I have money to spend on it and not go into the red!!!! How great is that.
Wow -- what a great feeling!

And to know that you are actually using what you already bought is a great feeling for me, too. It makes me really picky about the next items on my wish list :-D .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #412  
Pearl-ExPert

Yikes...I did my tally for March. SAB did me in...not to mention the new Riley releases, MFT, and some copics. On a good note, I've just finished making 24 cards for a shoebox swap. I tried out the sheetload thingie.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Hugs to all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #413  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post
Yikes...I did my tally for March. SAB did me in...not to mention the new Riley releases, MFT, and some copics. On a good note, I've just finished making 24 cards for a shoebox swap. I tried out the sheetload thingie.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Hugs to all...
SAB and miscellaneous orders all in the same month is exactly why I started the Stamp to Spend challenge, but since I bought everything before I started, I didn't include it in my total. Kinda cheating, I know, but I really have been good since I started.

Aren't the SheetLoads fun? And oh-so-productive, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #414  
Insane Embellisher

Woohoo! I finally got some cards finished! Almost 40 this weekend, including two birthday cards for MAY! (It is rare that I work that far ahead.) I definitely realized I need a new background stamp, and that I will truly miss the in colors. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #415  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

SAB and miscellaneous orders all in the same month is exactly why I started the Stamp to Spend challenge, but since I bought everything before I started, I didn't include it in my total. Kinda cheating, I know, but I really have been good since I started.

Aren't the SheetLoads fun? And oh-so-productive, too!
Yah, I needed to keep my spending in check too. I'm "just" a hobby demo so most of my quota comes from me (which is why I became a demo, to get the discount) but when family emergencies come up, sometimes it put a lil' strain on making your minimums.
The sheeloads confused me at first, and I didn't pay attention to positioning my paper before cutting it...but after I got the hang of it, it all went pretty quickly! I like..for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #416  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Woohoo! I finally got some cards finished! Almost 40 this weekend, including two birthday cards for MAY! (It is rare that I work that far ahead.) I definitely realized I need a new background stamp, and that I will truly miss the in colors. :(
40 cards??? Wow girl...you were busy!!!
I'm going to miss the in colors too...maybe if we beg and plead with them they'll keep 'em??? lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #417  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Well, orangegymnut, don't take this the wrong way, but:

I'm happy to find someone who has spent more than I have.

I'm please to report that I had two 50% off Michael's coupons last week, and I didn't buy anything! I almost caved in today, but I resisted!

Now, this is going to kill me. They are building an AC Moore right next to where I work out! I won't even have to get in the car. This is going to be dangerous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #418  
Pearl-ExPert

lynnewithane...
The really bad part is...I started Feb 1st! Ack!!! Um wait a minute...have I spent the most money??? Oh, I don't like this! Lol. And uh...I have more to add to my total. Today I had a shoebox swap with some ladies from scs in Boise @ Archivers. Well...I live an hour from the nearest craft store and places to shop (other than walmart) so, you know I had to make it worth my while to drive all the way up there, lol. Plus we had some great coupons we were given while we were there plus the coupons we get in the mail...yikes!

What is an AC Moore? I hear everyone talk about it, but have never been to/seen one.

Oh...btw...great job with the exercising! I just finished my 3rd week back at the gym I got sick 3 years ago, hadn't been going regulary for 2 years, I finally got a diagnoses in May...took a while to adjust to meds/find something that worked for me...now I'm back and it feels good!

Hugs,
Tanya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #419  
Watercolor Wizard

Well, I take classes to make sure I exercise. But, I don't look anywhere as fit as you. I had major surgery in June, so I am really trying to get back in shape, but it is tough. Glad to hear that the meds are helping your condition! What was wrong?

AC Moore is comparable to Michael's. We have both in my area. I suspect that this new one will replace the one we have, as they aren't that far apart. We don't have Archiver's around here (Maryland). That's the one I keep hearing about and wishing we had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #420  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi guys! I have got to join this Challenge. My nickname of Luv2spendabella is putting me in the poor house. I am so tempted by the Stamping Bella free shipping code this weekend but I've bought so many of those stinking cute Bellas in the last few months and I need to challenge myself to use those before buying any more...not to mention all the other supplies in my stamp room that need some attention

I also want to join the Exercise to Spend Challenge. I need that motivation too. Is that tracking in this thread or is there another and can someone tell me what the number is for it?

Thanks!!!! I'll work on updating my signature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #421  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jen,
The two issues that I've used so far (January and February 0 were both card fronts for the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards. I did notice that March 08 is for the larger size card, but have you checked the other months?
I'll have to go back and check! Thanks for the tip! I could really use something like this to start using the piles upon piles of paper I have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #422  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

I have to admit that I stopped keeping track, but I am definitely more aware of what I am spending! I did well at Michaels this week and skipped ACMoore all together. I did get 2 free SAB sets and my nestabilties just arrived. I have been using what I have and really trying to dig into my scrap bucket!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #423  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
Hi guys! I have got to join this Challenge. My nickname of Luv2spendabella is putting me in the poor house. I am so tempted by the Stamping Bella free shipping code this weekend but I've bought so many of those stinking cute Bellas in the last few months and I need to challenge myself to use those before buying any more...not to mention all the other supplies in my stamp room that need some attention

I also want to join the Exercise to Spend Challenge. I need that motivation too. Is that tracking in this thread or is there another and can someone tell me what the number is for it?

Thanks!!!! I'll work on updating my signature.
You can sort of make it whatever you want. I am doing one hour of exercise=$6 to spend. That makes it $1 for every ten minutes. I got that from someone who posted early on in this thread.
People seem to be doing different amounts for cards, pages, etc. Just scroll through and check the signatures on this thread. I am doing a card or scrapbook page = $1 earned. However, I did an elaborate card and gave myself $2. I am unsure about altered items. I used $2 for 1 item.
Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #424  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynne -- I made up my own scale of 'earnings', too. I give myself $2/card because a) I agonize over my creations (too much of a perfectionist, even if it doesn't always show!) so it usually takes me at least 2 hours to make a card and reason b) it's still taking me forever at this rate to make a single $150 SU order!

Tanya -- I think if this challenge makes us think twice about any purchase, it's doing what's intended. I still plan on spending some money (Bellas!), but it makes me buy less than I would have a few months ago, so that's a good thing.

Jen -- I've had a blast going through my 'old' DP with the SheetLoads. It's amazing what fun papers I've re-found in the stash!

Kim -- Welcome on board the challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #425  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Well, I take classes to make sure I exercise. But, I don't look anywhere as fit as you. I had major surgery in June, so I am really trying to get back in shape, but it is tough. Glad to hear that the meds are helping your condition! What was wrong?

AC Moore is comparable to Michael's. We have both in my area. I suspect that this new one will replace the one we have, as they aren't that far apart. We don't have Archiver's around here (Maryland). That's the one I keep hearing about and wishing we had.
My avatart was taken about 8 months after I got "sick". I caught mono (gotta love having a teen ager) and I never recovered from having it...make sense? Body still aches, I'm sore all the time, I'm exhausted like you'd not believe. Well, I went to the dr and she said it would take some time to bounce back since I was an adult with mono. After another 6 weeks I went back...it became a routine and went into this, "nothing's wrong", "you're just depressed", to "it's all in your head". Meanwhile, I'm unable to get out of bed, go to the gym and function...so what happens...I continue to gain weight. When my avatar was taken I had already gained about 15 lbs. Eventually that dr. left (we're military) and I got a new one (thankfully!) who listened to me. In 6 months from asking her for her she sent me off to a few specialist...I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. They put me on a few different meds and I had lots of side effects (one med caused weight gain) and I was still having pain and exhaustion. So, I took myself off everything and end of Feb started an anti-inflammatory, probiotic, and glucosamine and chondroitin w/ MSM. One month later to the day I was at the gym...can you believe that??? In all I gained a total of 50 lbs over 3 years...thanks to a dr who kept telling me nothing was wrong and a weight gaining med:( Ah well, I know with work it will come off...this time around it's 10 times harder because I'm not 100% and don't know that I will ever be. It was my dream to do a triathlon and be a personal trainer...maybe one day I will be able to accomplish those things:mrgreen:

If you don't mind my asking...what did you have surgery for? I hope all is ok.

Archivers is a great place. The ladies that work there are so nice and helpful. They have a lot of fun stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #426  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Kim (*waving*)...welcome. I'm SO proud...I haven't ordered bella's in a LONG time. My reasoning was much the same. I still have unopened ones...actually gave away clickabella for the door prize yesterday.
Anyhow...I gave myself $1 a card. I went on the cost of supplies, not time it took (even though I'm a slow card maker, what was I thinking???) the pages and altered items I don't do, but put a price just in case I get motivated, lol.

As for the exercising...I like seeing everyone's accomplishments in their signatures but I keep track of my weight, cardio (min, mile, equipment, and calories burned) and workouts in my fitness journal. I also write if I'm having a particularly bad time etc (like just finishing 3 weeks of being back at the gym and gaining 5 lbs?!?!?!?). I don't reward myself with stamping supplies...I reward myself with clothes, shoes, undergarments, lol...I'm into fashion and well that makes more sense to me than rewarding myself with stamping stuff. When I hit my first weightloss goal I got my nails done. 2nd I chopped off all my hair and colored it for the first time in my life, I was 30. 3rd weightloss goal...I got my belly button pierced...it was on my 31st b-day. Just set a goal for yourself and reward yourself accordingly.

Jessica...
Yup, it's making me think twice even though you wouldn't think that from my total. I did get a few things yesterday but didn't go as crazy as I normally would. I had a list of things I needed and bought a couple of small things (paper and brads and 2 pens) that weren't on my list. I think hubby was pleased when I got home
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #427  
Crimping Master

So since I had money to spend... I have read all the threads on the Prismacolor pencils and Michaels was having a sale on them ... I bought a box of 36 colors. Now I must use them. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #428  
Pearl-ExPert

dorthyjane...
You'll love them! Did you get Mona Lisa or Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits and some blending stumps too? Ah...prismacolored pencils are my favorite! I'm learning to use the copics I got, but only use them on my rileys (lol, I have browns and John Deere green and yellow, lol...can you tell I bought the copics for my tractor riley???).
You'll have to let us know when you upload a card using your pencils
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #429  
Crimping Master

Ok, I'm jumping on the sts bandwagon now. I tend to just spend, spend, spend and then my stuff just sits there forever. I also really have to learn to be more choosy about the stamps I get. There are so many I have that I don't use and don't really even like that's it's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #430  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
So since I had money to spend... I have read all the threads on the Prismacolor pencils and Michaels was having a sale on them ... I bought a box of 36 colors. Now I must use them. lol
Here's a great tutorial for coloring with the Prisma pencils:

http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sa...color_pen.html

I agree with Tanya -- you'll love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #431  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatygressView Post
Ok, I'm jumping on the sts bandwagon now. I tend to just spend, spend, spend and then my stuff just sits there forever. I also really have to learn to be more choosy about the stamps I get. There are so many I have that I don't use and don't really even like that's it's ridiculous.
Welcome to the challenge! It sounds like you are in the perfect spot to start up -- fully stocked and just needing the little extra incentive to use everything !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #432  
Insane Embellisher

Hi to everyone new! I have a bunch of cards I need to finish...question for everyone: Do aunts appreciate Mother's day cards? Can it say Happy Mother's day on it? I have a bunch of aunts who I would love to send cards to, but am trying to avoid buying a new stamp set (PTI has a great one) if my current sentiment will do. Opinions? I still need to go to sheetloadz and actually USE it, rather than waste time browsing. I have ridiculous amounts of paper. I also thought about making a card holder (Beate has an awesome tutorial) for my mom and MIL. But, I have to remind myself, finish one project at a time. (My soon to be mother's day cards were SUPPOSED to be Easter cards for my husband's church members.) :( Anyway, glad to see some exercisers too! It totally motivates me to go a few minutes more to boost that total! Also, I want to get pregnant in the fall, but want to be as healthy as possible before that! Well, back to work. God bless everyone and hope you all find the time and motivation to make some cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #433  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Hi to everyone new! I have a bunch of cards I need to finish...question for everyone: Do aunts appreciate Mother's day cards? Can it say Happy Mother's day on it? I have a bunch of aunts who I would love to send cards to, but am trying to avoid buying a new stamp set (PTI has a great one) if my current sentiment will do. Opinions? I still need to go to sheetloadz and actually USE it, rather than waste time browsing. I have ridiculous amounts of paper. I also thought about making a card holder (Beate has an awesome tutorial) for my mom and MIL. But, I have to remind myself, finish one project at a time. (My soon to be mother's day cards were SUPPOSED to be Easter cards for my husband's church members.) :( Anyway, glad to see some exercisers too! It totally motivates me to go a few minutes more to boost that total! Also, I want to get pregnant in the fall, but want to be as healthy as possible before that! Well, back to work. God bless everyone and hope you all find the time and motivation to make some cards.
I used to send mother's day cards to my great auntie - she didn't have any children - "happy mother's day" "to someone who has been like a mother to me or supported like my mother has etc.... " Can't really see a problem as everyone loves to feel special and most people love to recieve a card!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #434  
Pearl-ExPert

Victoria,
I'd think any aunt (regardless if they have children or not) would love to get a card to know their thought of, especially a Mother's Day card. I think it would mean the world to them to know their niece thought of them on that day and/or thought of them as a Mother.
When I do Mother's Day cards I send out a ton. I not only send them to our mom's but also to our grandmothers, sisters/step sisters/sister-in-laws, aunt's, my closest girlfriends, and the women in my life that offer me services like my nail lady, hair stylist, where I tan at, the bank teller I always go to etc.

Mamatygress....welcome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #435  
Die Cut Diva

I always see you gals with this in your sig line and so I came to check out this challenge. What a awesome idea... I would love to join. My room is WAY TOO full and I seem to spend more than I would like to admit, and nothing gets done. So this is a great idea...

My Swaps:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #436  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome to the challenge, Jenn! It's a great incentive to use what you have AND decrease your spending at the same time.

Plus, swap cards count just as much as individual masterpiecees, so they are perfect for boosting your number of cards completed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #437  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi GoldenBaby (*waving*) welcome to the challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2008, 04:43 AM   #438  
Crimping Master

I am going sloooow. I need to send off $20 for a stamp order, so I really need to sit down and knock out some cards. I feel guilty if I don't have the money...don't want to go into the red. Do enough of that in other areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #439  
Insane Embellisher

I finally finished those Mother's Day cards. Thanks for the encouragement Tanya! It has taken me since sometime in March (or maybe February) to complete all of them, but it is nice to have them done and ready to mail, which is the next hurdle. 72 cards!! woohoo! Now I need to get off my couch and cut some white paper for some note cards. I love this challenge. I know I have made more cards this year already (minus maybe wedding and shower thank yous) than I did all of last year. Hope everyone has a great week!
God bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #440  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Victoria! 72 Mother's Day Cards!?!?! Holy Smokes...you go girl! My mouth is hitting the floor at your card making total...286, that is awesome! I really need to make my cards this week. Problem is I have no idea what I want to do:( Ack!
Hope ya'll have a great week...
Reply With Quote Likes