Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2004, 09:59 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Default split coast vs. two peas board

So tell me, where should I spend my time? I've been on the peas board which seems to be smaller in volume. Does split coast have too much volume to feel like you know each other a little? I just signed up here but don't want to spend all day on the computer....I need to stamp, but I love all the help at online forums and the inspiration of the galleries! Which way should I go?!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hmm, tough question. I've been sitting here thinking about it, and after much consideration I'd say splitcoast is the way to go... yeah, definitely splitcoast.

:^J

Needs a sig
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think 2 peas is great and their galleries are great, but I'm here for the Stampin' Up! side of it all. I know not everyone here is with Stampin' Up!, but the great majority is. I don't care for the way the 2 peas site is formatted anyway.

So if you're heavy on Stampin' Up! and techniques inspire you...then stay here! If you just want some inspiration and a sales pitch...stay with 2 peas.

I wouldn't choose one over the other if you don't have a preference. Just split your time between the both of them. I mean I go from here, to 2 peas, to hero arts and everywhere else. But I do limit my computer time because who wants to be on this thing when you could be STAMPING!

Just my 2 spots worth!

LOL @ Daven! But you're not in the least bit biased right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:13 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Ha, :lol:! I think this is the place! Hope this wasn't a controversial thing to bring up. Just wondered what the general feeling is about the board! I love that it is full of SU related stuff. I've heard some boards can get nasty...I just want friendly banter about the greatest hobby on earth!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Rebekah,

I don't think nastiness is something you're going to find at SCS. If that happens, there are enough women here to run the nasty stamper off.
Two Peas is great. I subscribe to their newsletter. But I haven't been there since I found this place!

We're glad to have you here!
Cristen
Member #7840!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately SCS! This is THE place to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by clransom
Rebekah,

I don't think nastiness is something you're going to find at SCS. If that happens, there are enough women here to run the nasty stamper off.
There have been a couple of isolated incidents of "nastiness" here, apparently...but that is just a wrinkle.

Welcome to the happiest stampin' site on the internet! You're gonna love it here! If you want fun and friendly banter, I'm with Daven. This place is definitely your best choice!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  
SCS Founder

my opinions are certified 100% unbiased. I have, like, 2 or maybe 3 people who will vouch for me on this.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:25 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
my opinions are certified 100% unbiased. I have, like, 2 or maybe 3 people who will vouch for me on this.
Just 2 I'm afraid! :lol:
Member #7840!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would vouch for you anytime Daven, this site is the greatest,this is the first thing I check every morning.

Love the hat Daven!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Come on you fellow addicts - errrr members - and testify!
You'll not find more talented, sharing stampers anywhere. Ask a question, and usually within minutes, you will have great answers. Seek, and someone will find it for you! Have you checked out our gallery? Oh my! It grows in huge amounts each day, and nearly around the clock!

Yes, we are more than 12,000 members (12302 as of just now). Yes, we do feel/act like a family! People have commented that they feel more in touch with the new friends from here than with their own relatives! HAve you seen/heard of the wonderful things that have happened here lately? The cybershower for Keri (sereikastamper) or the great efforts that Dawn (dostamping) made to help out a stamper (a stranger!) that lost near EVERYTHING in a fire? Or what about Pam (pjbstamper) sending a bunch of Ben & Jerry's to Keva (Brownee) when she was having a hard time? And the RAK forum? How many days have been bettered because of Gina's (ginapier) efforts in organizing and maintaining the list? How many soldiers have been able to send gorgeous handmade cards home because of Keri's (sereikastamper again) effort to Stamp Your Heart Out for the Troops?

Each day, my heart is warmed by the people I've gotten to know here. I'm just in awe that I was introduced to (and now help out at) this wonderful site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Phew, this place is busy! I think I'll stay! Now how do you stamp and stay glued to your computer too??? :lol: My DH doesn't want us to eat at the computer....how about stamping....paper pieces, glue residue, punch outs, etc!!! :shock: ...that would be him! I don't think it would fly!
Thanks guys!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Default Definitely SCS!!

I've met so many great people here..so much advice..etc. THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so happy I have to ask for the 2 peas website address! I'm curious, but don't worry, I'm loyal! These people are not only talented stampers, they make me laugh at a computer! (Who woulda thought???)

So please share the site address...TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

www.twopeasinabucket.com

You'll be back ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

hmm, tough question. I've been sitting here thinking about it, and after much consideration I'd say splitcoast is the way to go... yeah, definitely splitcoast.

:^J
Right, Daven, just in your ever so humble, non-SCS-administrator, opinion. (insert tongue in cheek symbols here)

However, I agree, SCS is the way to go. And Daven, not to swell your head or any of the other administrators' heads, OK let them swell,... Anyhoo, I belong to two other stamping boards, both SU! demonstrators only, and both open only to Canadian stampers.... the gist is: YOU ARE THE MOST FUN!!!! (I check in with them purely for business reasons. Gotta keep in touch with what's going on in Canada.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Come on you fellow addicts - errrr members - and testify!

Each day, my heart is warmed by the people I've gotten to know here. I'm just in awe that I was introduced to (and now help out at) this wonderful site.
Jenn, that's priceless. I just told DH that I am PROUD to be a part of this site due to things like the cybershower, Pam's act of goodness (stop giving me the evil eye, Pam! It's a fact!!), the "stamp replacement" project....and of course the RAK group! Every day I am more and more proud (and find my self talking about it to co workers more and more) of the things that this group does.

It is like a family. Didn't someone describe it as "the family only with no weird uncle"?? That was the most accurate description yet!

Testimonial? You got it! I'm a diehard fan!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #18  
SCS Founder

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
www.twopeasinabucket.com

You'll be back ;)
niiiice Jenn. love it. yeah, go check out twopeas, whatever. do they have up-to-date contests over there? :^J

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

do they have up-to-date contests over there? :^J
Dangit. That's TWICE I've spewed soda on my monitor and cracked up my co-worker! She knows I'm here if I am snickering or just out and out belly laughing.

Anyone know where I can get a spit sheild for my keyboard? This baby's ready to be tossed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

up to date contests????????.....hummmmmm

What are up to date contests?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Whitout a doubt SCS! I used to frequent the twopeas site until I found this one. I find that SCS is such a great group of people, and the ideas here are amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

This place is the most awesome stamping website in the world, NO the universe (okay, I am not sure about the second place, but most likely it is!) There is no contest between these two sites! Daven and his team rock! You guys are the best and I thank you for all your hard work to keep this site going!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:57 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

I, too, would have to say that this is the best stampin site I have ever run across! There are so many people here who will help you out with whatever you need. People are always on the board, so if you need help with a technique-ask..or if you need inspiration for a stamp set-go to the gallery! It is by far the most amazing place! As Jenn said earlier, a couple of weeks ago I got a package full of Ben and Jerry's ice cream from Pjbstamper just because she knew I was having a hard time with my husband leaving for Iraq! Tell me where you will find that anywhere else? No where! Stay here.....make this your home page. Stamp between posts...works for me.

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default under oath

Okay, I would like to testify, under oath as to which website is the best. Let me start with a question:

Where can you find over 12,000 individuals who are so willing to share their creativity in a fun and positive way? Why Splitcoast Stampers of course! Any time you need help, someone is always there willing to help you out. I have met so many new friends (too many to count) on this website and these people have become such a huge part of my life. There are not enough words to describe these special friendships that I have made. I'm sure many of you would agree. The only way to truly experience the SplitCoast magic is to sign up now and introduce yourself!

I wanted to just touch a little bit on the "magic" of this group. Recently, one of our members (hi Keri) enjoyed one of the many miracles of life, the birth of her second son. We were all here keeping in close touch with her Mom, Marilyn who gave us a play by play of the event. You never would have been able to contain this many Aunts in one delivery room. We were all so genuinely happy for Keri and her family. We even held an on-line baby shower to surprise her!

Then even more recently, we heard about a fellow demonstrator who lost all of her stamps and stamping supplies in a fire. Everything was gone. She wasn't even a splitcoast member, but that didn't mean that our hearts didn't ache for her. We all chipped in and sent what we could. I think Gloria's life was touched by the magic of SplitCoast. I bet she will sign up among us, when she can get her life back organized!

Those are just a few special moments that we shared. These kind of things happen all the time on SplitCoast. It's not always about stamping. It is about genuine care and concern for one another!

Now let's talk about the stamping! Oh yeah! We can stamp too! Never will you see more creativity and willingness to share. Every day there are more and more cards and other projects being uploaded. You are able to get wonderful feedback from a bunch of gals who will truly love your work because we know what you put into it. It's not like asking your DH if he likes your card and he replies: "cute"!

And every once in awhile we say something funny and it carries us though the day--TOGETHER!

So come along for the SplitCoast ride. It is something you will never regret, and you will truly be amazed at the magic this site seems to spread!

This is a great time for me to thank all of the SplitCoast powers that be for making this site for us "Silly Stampin' Sallies"! You guys are always doing such a great job! We appreciate you so!

Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:08 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to STAMPINSTEL

I have checked out dozens of other sites and this is the only one I come back to day after day,in fact several times a day,I practically live on here.It is the only site where you feel like your part of a family.
Everyone is just wonderful here.
A big Thanks to all who keep it running!
LASTEL #3810
MY BLOG
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

For me it would be hands down this site too. Before SCS I surfed many sites to get the ideas for newest sets, techniques, folds and so on. Most of them didn't tell you how or with what the card was made. Here you get all this and so much more.

I love the friendship and warmth of the people here. They are my stamping family! Always someone here to care, listen and help out. What could be better?

Quote:

Lana wrote: So come along for the SplitCoast ride
We should make Magic carpet ride our theme song. Won't leave my head now for a while after reading Lana's post.

Hugs and smile (while dancing to the tune in my head. Yes...I know I am strange. LOL)

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Cami's Testimony

I would like to speak on Cami's behalf because she is at the lake all week taking care of her hubby who had a recent surgery (don't worry he's going to live)! So on Cami's behalf:

She would DEFINATELY testify that SC is the best! She can stamp too! And she is the BOMB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default oops

I forgot one more quick thing:

Daven, you really didn't know what you were in for when you signed Jenn up as a SplitCoast administrator did you?! Sorry, Buddy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Lana --- I couldn't have typed that better myself! If everyone wants to know my opinion ..... just scroll up and read Lana's (but insert my name where her name is on the signature line). LOL :P :P

I have never been to the 2 peas board until just a few minutes ago and didn't stay long. I like it here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:17 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessMi
I have never been to the 2 peas board until just a few minutes ago and didn't stay long. I like it here!
See, I told you guys you'd be back! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok --- Lana got finger happy typing there. Scroll up to her long reply for my opinion!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:19 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

I just went and checked it out. Big site, lots of stuff to go look at, online retail store(way too much to look at, and time wise, I dont have that much!!) SCS is real fast to get around on. Plus I prefer all the SU! stuff since Im a demo.
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:19 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

I loved 2 Peas when I found it. I thought it was the greatest thing! Then, I went to convention and we ran into some SCS ladies and that was it. There was too much back and forth at 2 Peas about CTMH vs SU. It got pretty nasty sometimes. I don't have time for that. I have 4 kids of my own. I love this website so much!!!! There wasn't enough stamping stuff on the 2 Peas site anyway. Everyone is so great here. I love posting cards here. I love reading the forums. I love this website. I am usually a lurker at sites, rarely posting. I can't help it here! No question, this is number one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

There are six stamping BB's I have bookmarked. I browse three of them once a day, the other three I browse several times but invariably I spend more time on SCS because there is SO MUCH to see and I HATE to get behind. My suggestion -- bookmark both of them and watch both for a while and see where you end up spending more time.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

I recently made a trip to the multi-pea site. I stayed... all of about 30 minutes. It has its nice points, but I like that I "know" you guys. I love how often un-named "pay" groups often refer to this site when examples are needed... I mean, we aren't paying for most of this (really a speck, if you think about it) and how much are we gifted just because we all love the same thing. You all have challenged me quite a lot and I enjoy it here.

Just my two bits!
LisaS in MO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know that I can add anything new to what's been said. Except to tell Daven I would stand up and be counted in support of you ant day, any time.
I used to check about a half dozen sites a day. Now I see the site administrators here. Why would I leave? Where would I go? Dinner? Cleaning? Those are for wimps - oh, wait a minute, and my family. Yeah, sometimes life interferes with SCS. Stamping inspiration - if you can't find it here, you're going to have to do it yourself. But there is so much support all along the way. Answers are posted to questions almost before the questions are finished being asked. (Jenn, Beate - you have monitoring software we should know about? Keep it away from my dh!)
There are lots of us here, sometimes thing can get testy, but there is always a calm voice of reason that prevails.
This is an awesome site, administerd and supported by an awesome team. Thanks for all that you do to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 11:30 AM   #37  

I agree, I spend most all my time here. I have a few pay subscriptions, that I think I'm going to let lapse, because I can find it all here.

Plus, everyone here is so darn likable (sp?) You do start to feel a bit like a family here.

dawn g

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

I am a surfing addict for sure! but I am a SCS addict even more! I have been on other boards and it always gets nasty soon or later (usually sooner). I love this site and I am proud to say I am on here almost all day!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Every time I think, "OK, I'm not going to spend so much time on the computer," I decide to check up on what's happening over here. (Nevermind that SCS is my default "home page" on Internet Explorer.) Then I check a conversation or two, or a scrapbook page or two, and before you know it, I've lost an hour.

Two peas is a good site, but doesn't share this SCS personality. And if you want specific SU, there's no question. Also, I hate when I go to check something out at 2 peas and there's nothing there!! Ugh.

So, SCS has my vote for sure.
Rhonda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

SCS all the way!
I have looked on the other site before but never stayed. It takes a special place to hold my attention!!
Everyone here is so great and I feel like I know so many new "friends" on this site in a very short time. The samples are great the people are awesome and the wonderful help you get when you need some direction (not always about stamping either!)....what more could you ask for
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes