Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so frustrated...

with p&p prices.I live in the UK and want to buy a set of justrite stamps which cost $14.00 but p&p is $24 how can they justify that! Do you all have same problems if buying from the UK? xx jo xx
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

know what you mean, I live in the UK as well. There are some lovely companies and stamps/products that I would love mainly in the US but I agree the P&P is completely crippling. :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 666 Likes on 418 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinglakeView Post
with p&p prices.I live in the UK and want to buy a set of justrite stamps which cost $14.00 but p&p is $24 how can they justify that! Do you all have same problems if buying from the UK? xx jo xx
depends on the country but, usually yes shipping costs will make me look for a in the states store that carries and overseas mfg of stamps ( the stamps will be marked up higher but, the shipping will be closer to actual. )

one thought i have is maybe email the co. and ask if you are buying one set of stamps if they can send it inside an "flat rate" global priority mailer?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in the US. About 2 yrs ago I purchased some craft items from a store in the UK. I was not aware that the price listed was not in US currency. When I got the VISA charge on my bank account, I was shocked. So when the package was delivered, I refused it. That way I didn't have to pay the return postage. I was refunded my money minus the original shipping charge (which was way over the postage indicated on the package).

I learned the lesson to stick with businesses in the US. I now do not even look at businesses out of the US. There is nothing worth the money exchange rate or the shipping!

I will also purchase local stores before I will even look on the internet for items.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I live in the US. About 2 yrs ago I purchased some craft items from a store in the UK. I was not aware that the price listed was not in US currency. When I got the VISA charge on my bank account, I was shocked. So when the package was delivered, I refused it. That way I didn't have to pay the return postage. I was refunded my money minus the original shipping charge (which was way over the postage indicated on the package).

I learned the lesson to stick with businesses in the US. I now do not even look at businesses out of the US. There is nothing worth the money exchange rate or the shipping!

I will also purchase local stores before I will even look on the internet for items.

Patti
My problem is I keep looking and seeing such amazingly kewl stuff that isn't offered here. I've resisted so far, but their are some really great stamps and other items out there.

I buy from my local LSS as much as possible and have them order alot for me, but I do love to internet shop.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

As a store owner, shipping is expensive and is hard to calculate. 12x12 papers, wood stamps and other things are heavy, even if they don't cost a lot. You could buy a pound of paper for $10 and it would cost over $20 to ship. But the way I handle this is to refund any shipping difference once I actually print postage. I look at the best option - it if can fit in a flat rate envelope then that's what I try to use. Otherwise I use international parcel and refund the difference. I'm not sure how other stores handle it but it works for me and I have lots of customers in the UK, Australia and other places.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Lots of online stores sell Justrite stamps, maybe you could find another store that carries them, with more reasonable shipping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Smile

www.stampingscrapping.com - sells the Just Rite sets at a discount and charge actual shipping for International orders - Cindy is an absolute doll to work with - orders ship quickly- maybe you can email her to get an actual amount for the postage to see if it is a better deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

USPS has flat rate International boxes.... why don't they just ship them that way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I can tell you with complete certainty that shipping to the UK from Canada is very expensive. My in laws live in the UK and sometimes their Christmas parcel can cost as much to mail as the value of the gifts inside. I send their gifts surface mail in October so they'll get there in time and it can cost me about $70 to send a 2 K parcel!

I just sent a birthday gift to our niece (it was a Nintendo DS game and a card) and it cost me almost $10 to mail (air mail) and it weighs very little.

I agree that buying from another country can be depressing but I NEED stuff from the US or I'll go into serious withdrawal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

And I can confirm that postage from the US to the UK is also very expensive. There is no longer a surface mail option for mail to the UK from the US, so everything that I mail to my family must go air mail and it is very cost prohibitive. I just mailed my sister a scarf, some earrings and body lotion and it cost me $22! It has really put a crimp in the "just because" gifts I send home.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

have you checked out Once upon a stamp?

http://www.onceuponastamp.co.uk/

I hear they are doing Just rite and they are in UK!!!

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I recently ordered 3 stamp sets from Claire (Waltzing Mouse Stamps) and I *think* I paid 4.2 pounds shipping from Ireland to the US. I think that's about $6???

I think that's amazingly reasonable and will definitely order from her again because of it. Well, that's in addition to the wonderful stamps and amazing customer service. ;)

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
My problem is I keep looking and seeing such amazingly kewl stuff that isn't offered here. I've resisted so far, but their are some really great stamps and other items out there.

I buy from my local LSS as much as possible and have them order alot for me, but I do love to internet shop.
Know what u mean about amazing stamps. There is a very limited supply of stamps locally, so I look OS. It's unreal the different quotes I get for shipping. Some are reasonable and others are totally ridiculous. I figure the higher quotes don't want/need the business, so i don't bother. But it is frustrating seeing all those gorgeous stamps out there and not being able to have access to them. (ho hum!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltzingmouseView Post
have you checked out Once upon a stamp?

http://www.onceuponastamp.co.uk/

I hear they are doing Just rite and they are in UK!!!

HTH
I ordered several times from this company without problems. They offer free shipping within Europe, which is good for me because I live in Finland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Try Googling for UK suppliers, Jo - there are several now I believe. If nobody is carrying the set you want, try asking if they can add it to their next wholesale order.

I've used Once upon a Stamp for Nestie orders - good customer service.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Try Googling for UK suppliers, Jo - there are several now I believe. If nobody is carrying the set you want, try asking if they can add it to their next wholesale order.

I've used Once upon a Stamp for Nestie orders - good customer service.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
Lots of online stores sell Justrite stamps, maybe you could find another store that carries them, with more reasonable shipping?
Thanx i found an american ebayer that is sending me the stamps for same asking price that justrite wanted but ONLY $3.95 p&p compared to the $24 that justrite were asking me for! Great result ! xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes