Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Six week craft pack?

Hi,
I may be going away for six weeks and want to pack for crafting while I'm away. I can't seem to mobilize what I should take so that I don't have to go out and buy stuff. I make cards and do scrapbooking. For cards, I use kits, watercolor, emboss, die cut, etc. I'm torn about bringing the Big Kick or not. If you all have any advice, I'm open.
Thanks,
mob
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would plan specific projects to work on and then bring the items to make those things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Are you flying or driving. That would restrict things to bring
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Good question. I'll be driving and staying with an elderly family member at her home. She does very simple scrapbooking. I have a Tumi Scutto to pack my crafting goods in as well as a backpack and paper holder. I just can't seem to focus.
mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I would start with a paper trimmer and pre-cut and folded card bases. If you use die cuts or dry embossing on most cards, take the bigshot and your most used dies and embossing folders. Heat emboss on most cards? Take versamark and several basic/versatile powders such as black, gold, silver. If you take dye based markers (SU, etc.) and a couple of brushes/waterbrushes, you can use them to color directly on stamps or to watercolor images or do watercolor backgrounds. Hope this helps.

I know if I were packing for a 6 week trip, I'd probably have to rent a U-Haul. LOL Have a great trip.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I'd take basics - paper trimmer, Big Shot, adhesives, neutral cardstock, etc. - and then narrow down choices such as coloring mediums and the dies and folders. It might be a great opportunity to see how many different ways you can use one or two stamp sets or one set of dies or one paper collection or something like that. Limiting your choices will streamline your packing/unpacking and give your creativity a different direction to explore. Having said that, since you're driving you could take quite a bit and just leave it in the car unless/until you need it, lol!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

What about taking an online class and learning a new technique? now you will have time to really learn and focus on a class.? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I don't think I'd take the Big Shot. I'd probably just emboss a lot of paper and cut a lot of dies.

I'd group the embossing paper with the dies as a kit.

I'd grab all sorts of solid cs and then look at my pp and coordinate that too. I don't know that I'd put it together with the embossed images/dies or not.

I'd probably also stamp sentiments so I'd have those to cut out and ready to go too.

Coloring.....I'd bring my Copics and newly stamped images. That would give me something to do if I was just sitting in front of the tv.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Since you are driving, you can bring the Big Shot. And if the relative does basic scrapbooking she might enjoy seeing/using the Big Shot and expanding what she uses most of the time!
If I were going for 6 weeks and driving; I'd probably take mine because I LOVE using my embossing folders!
Now for the REST of what to take, you obviously need adhesive and a paper trimmer. I would probably pick a theme or two...like birthdays and thank you cards to help you focus in on what stamps to bring. Or just Christmas cards.
Or go through your Pinterest boards...or whatever you use for inspiration and pick out a couple cards you want to CASE and just bring the stamps and ink needed to do those projects.
A six week trip seems like a LONG time and could make it hard to focus because you feel like "I have all this time...what if I NEED...." Fill in the blank. I tend to be an "open" crafter, meaning, I sit down to make a card and peruse ALL my stamps, all my paper etc...and see what "grabs" me!
But since you are traveling you need to narrow your choices ahead of time. Picking a technique to try, or theme, or ideas you've been inspired by ahead of time would be how I would focus and be able to narrow down what to bring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Well, my trip is delayed until the end of the month, so I have more time to decide and plan. I am going to take some premade scrapbook page kits. And then I think I'm going to take the Big Shot with some AG dies and folders that I haven't played with yet. A few, multi-use stamp sets with a selection of birthday, thank you and sympathy greetings. I have some black and white print card blanks, so I'll just bring accent colors and washi. Basic black, gold and silver ink should about do it, along with markers.

So I say, today! Thanks for all the advice.
mob
Reply With Quote Likes