Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMcAreeView Post
That is good to know, thank you!! I've not tried Hero Arts yet but am very interested in the Ombre inks, they look so pretty! Lately I've been loving My Favorite Things Dye inks, especially for backgrounds (and my MISTI), but they stamp amazingly for any image or sentiment!! In an order on its way to me I am also trying their Hybrid Black Licorice for coloring with Copics. I've been seeing over and over how you get beautiful, crisp images, more so than Memento which is what I've been using for years. Can't wait to try it out!
Yes, the large congratulations stamp and background stamp are my 2 favorites. It will be a lot of fun to play with!
I have the MFT Black Licorice and it's wonderful for coloring with Copics, you will love it!! I don't have other MFT pads, mostly because I have every PTI color and so I'm pretty well covered with colors. I was getting to the point though where I was frustrated with the PTI inks because I didn't always get a solid image, but now that I have a MISTI that's not an issue anymore (thank goodness!) I'm a bit of an inkaholic and would own tons more if I could afford to (and had the room to store them). I'd love to have a wide spectrum of every color so I could match papers perfectly no matter the project
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never really had a lot of differnt colors of inks besides distress inks which I love but lately I've been wanting more crisper images for things and that is where the dye inks have been so perfect for me. Yes, I too would have tons more if I could but I need to restrain myself! Next week I start a new job and go back to full time so I will have limited time not to mention the amount of stuff that needs more love ;)
The MISTI definately stand up to her name doesn't she? Best tool I've ever purchased!!I cannot live without her!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

I posted some more cards on my blog using the April kit (and one that combines April and March), here are the links:

It's all about the ART!: Sparkle

It's all about the ART!: SSS April card kit Part 2

It's all about the ART!: Combining SSS kits

So I'm officially finished using up the April kit, have a few bits and pieces left but I'm done, now bring on MAY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Have you all checked out the FABULOUS cards being created with the May kit? Here's a link to the May card kit gallery over at SSS:

May 2015 Card Kit Gallery | Simon Says Stamp Blog

I cannot WAIT to create with this gorgeous kit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Hi, Diane! I haven't subscribed to the kits, but I sometimes buy the stamp set. It does seem like a good value, but I know I wouldn't use most of the paper. I'm a bit of a paper hoarder already. Your cards are beautiful, by the way.

Francie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlView Post
Hi, Diane! I haven't subscribed to the kits, but I sometimes buy the stamp set. It does seem like a good value, but I know I wouldn't use most of the paper. I'm a bit of a paper hoarder already. Your cards are beautiful, by the way.

Francie
Thanks, Francie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=djaquay;20942564]I loved last months too and used up every bit of it! Here's a link to some of the cards I made with it if you want to take a peek:

It's all about the ART!: Simon Says Stamp March 2015 card kit

I took a peek and I love them!!! TFS

I also Have a Question, I would love to hear How any of you ladies organize your kits?

I starting using SSS kits in Feb of 2014 and everyone of them is still in there boxes. I would like to organize better. Because they are taking up to much room. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Since I tend to use most of my kit up each month when I get it I don't have much of a storage issue. Until I'm ready to use a kit I just keep it in the box it came in. When I've used most of a kit up I incorporate what's left (the stamp set, an ink pad, washi tape, whatever came in that particular kit), into my regular stash/storage system. I have a box for card stock scraps and patterned paper scraps and any paper goes in there. To be honest I don't think I've ever had an card stock left over from any kit because that gets used up when I make my cards.

I still haven't opened up the May kit (YIKES!), although I really want to have at it, I've just been very busy lately. I'm LOVING the look of the June kit (saw peeks on Instagram), brights are my favorite!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! Wish I had found this link sooner. Anyway...I sub to SSS, Hero Arts, and Paper Pumpkin. SSS is usually right on with all the stamps and products. I have had a couple of kits that are challenging me. Hero Arts for me is the deluxe kit. Super stamps, dies galore and ink! Papers are super and theirs lots of variety. Pap Pumpkin is different than the previous two. It's simpler and meant to be easy and completed in 30 minutes. I guess I'm too slow. LOL! I've only been really stymied on one kit and didn't care for it. However, lots of SU blogs post other ideas than what you were given in the kit. It really can stretch you talents and imaginations. PP kits are $19.95. If you go to www.paperpumpkin.com you can order their kits. They are separate from the SU with the demonstrators. You don't need a demonstrator to order these. I also look for inspiration of all kits on PINTEREST, blogs, kit sites etc. It's all great fun!
Reply With Quote Likes