Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Susan, hope your order doesn't take as long as mine did. Enjoy your goodies when you receive them!

Have a great week-end,
Connie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have had USPS not update the shipping info until after the delivery, but I don't know that I have ever had it not get moving that long after they received my packages. Maybe a day delay if they didn't process it the day I dropped it off. All that matters is you've got your package now, YAY! I am so glad it finally arrived
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

I have purchased from them on Ebay. The shipping was very quick. I had my items in under 1 week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

I've purchased from them a couple of times and I agree it is a bit slow, but they are one of the few good American cardmaking supply sources that has reasonable shipping costs to Canada so I am sticking with them as I appreciate the shipping costs so much.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Glad you finally got your order. Based on what I've read here, it certainly does sound like it sat around before getting to the Post Office.

But...I do know firsthand that the PO does lose packages. I used to work in our county court system. State law requires that certain communication for court cases be sent via PO Certified Mail with a delivery signature. There has to be proof of delivery before the case can proceed. All that to say this...the proof of delivery is a big deal in the courthouse. One day our office got a returned Certified Mail envelope. It had been mailed about 6 months earlier, to an address about 20 miles away in the same county, and obviously never delivered. The PO stamp on the envelope read, "Found in container formerly thought to be empty."

My biggest issue is that this happens enough that the PO had a stamp made for the situation!

Now that you have your order, you can enter the tracking number from the address label to see when exactly the PO received the envelope or box. That way you'll know with more certainty whether the mailing date on the label printed by SSS agrees with when the PO took possession.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #46  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to Quip1320

I would be more inclined to believe the delay was on SSS's end over USPS's. Only because I had EXACTLY the same thing happen with my most recent order from SSS. I placed an order on Aug 31st it had an item that was "reserve" so I knew it wouldn't get to me fast but my problem came after I finally got my shipping notification on Sept 27th. I waited and waited and finally e-mailed them on Oct 8th to make sure my package hadn't been lost. They said it must have been a USPS problem. I've never had the post office take 12+ days to deliver an order. I finally got it on the 12th. My guess...they printed out the shipping label on the 27th and it sat around waiting to be taken to the post office or be picked up until I finally complained. UGH! Unfortunately, you were not alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have ordered from SSS several times and on several occasions something was missing or I had no tracking number to follow. This time however, I decided would be my last time to order from them. I made an order at the end of September and a week went by with no change in my status (and there was no disclaimer saying they were experiencing late shipping times) so I emailed them...no answer. Then I phoned them and left a message...no return call. Then I got an email saying they would make sure my order was shipped promptly, and within 30 minutes I had an email confirmation that my order had shipped, priority mail and would be there in 3 days. A week later and no package I emailed them again...no reply. I phoned them and someone said they would look into it. I asked for a phone call back...I got an email. I did get a tracking number with this order but there was no info at all, except "electronic mailing label requested" In the last email from SSS they said they were working on it and if my package did not show up by the following week they would call the post office. I called them back and said that would not work for me. I felt they should either refill my order and over night it, or refund my paypal account...in the end they refunded my paypal and told me to refuse the package or put return to sender on it if it arrived on my doorstep.

The following week, mid week the package did arrive and I sent it back. 3 weeks is a little to long in my book to wait for a package especially when I had ordered a couple of items to use to make my husband's birthday card and gift...I ended up having to do something different because the package didn't arrive in time.

I do love Jennifer M and Kristina Werner and love the stamps Kristina designs for SSS but I just don't think I will order from them knowing how slow they are and unwilling, initially, to help a customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
I have ordered from SSS several times and on several occasions something was missing or I had no tracking number to follow. This time however, I decided would be my last time to order from them. I made an order at the end of September and a week went by with no change in my status (and there was no disclaimer saying they were experiencing late shipping times) so I emailed them...no answer. Then I phoned them and left a message...no return call. Then I got an email saying they would make sure my order was shipped promptly, and within 30 minutes I had an email confirmation that my order had shipped, priority mail and would be there in 3 days. A week later and no package I emailed them again...no reply. I phoned them and someone said they would look into it. I asked for a phone call back...I got an email. I did get a tracking number with this order but there was no info at all, except "electronic mailing label requested" In the last email from SSS they said they were working on it and if my package did not show up by the following week they would call the post office. I called them back and said that would not work for me. I felt they should either refill my order and over night it, or refund my paypal account...in the end they refunded my paypal and told me to refuse the package or put return to sender on it if it arrived on my doorstep.

The following week, mid week the package did arrive and I sent it back. 3 weeks is a little to long in my book to wait for a package especially when I had ordered a couple of items to use to make my husband's birthday card and gift...I ended up having to do something different because the package didn't arrive in time.

I do love Jennifer M and Kristina Werner and love the stamps Kristina designs for SSS but I just don't think I will order from them knowing how slow they are and unwilling, initially, to help a customer.
What a nightmare! Sorry that you had an awful experience too. It is such a shame that they just don't care about their customers. As long as people keep ordering they will continue to do business as this. I wont order from them again. That was my first and last order with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Personally, I think they hold the orders if they have an out of stock item. I have had several bad experiences with them.... It seems they only ship the item when you email them! They post it as shipped - with 2 day service and $50 insurance - and a week later, when it has not arrived - I have to email them.

When I check the tracking - the package was NEVER even taken to the post office! If I could get Kristina W.'s stamps elsewhere, I would!
Reply With Quote Likes