Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #81  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
As I have said, PTI does ban people for negative posting in the forum. It has been posted here and at twopeas.

I think they used to send notices of ban'ment' a long time ago. I think I remember something about reading that too.
But I didn't post anything negative in their forum...that's the thing here...they're banning me because I'm bringing their terrible customer service practices to light in other places...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #82  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21View Post
I'm so disappointed to hear that PTI is still treating their customers so rudely. I've waited at least two years to order anything from them because of the horrible customer service. It seemed like it was improving so I was about to place an order this week! My cart was all ready to go, but now I don't wish to support them at all. I'm even considering deleting their blog from my Feedly, as well as their design team members. I'm really upset because I wanted some of their felt, Lavender Moon card stock, and the Tiny Tags dies and stamp set. :-(

BTW, in case PTI should read this post, the money I would have spent with you I've just spent with a company that appreciates its customers and has awesome customer service!
If it makes you feel any better, Jessica, their felt isn't all that great...My Favorite Things has a MUCH better deal on felt and tons of colors too. Instead of one tiny 5"x30" roll for $6, MFT's felt comes in a pack of 5 9x12 sheets for $4.99! It's nice to have the larger size too, because with PTI's felt, you can't use it for anything wider than 5".
As for the cardstock, MFT's is also equally as good quality, and about the same price.
As for the tags set, what do you think of this one? -->> Charmed Cling Stamp | JustRite Papercraft
It doesn't have as many sentiments as the PTI set (and it's not as tiny), but it's on half off sale and it has the coordinating dies too! I don't have a ton of JustRite sets, but they are good quality and I've never heard of anyone having an issue when ordering from them! ;)

Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachipohliView Post
But I didn't post anything negative in their forum...that's the thing here...they're banning me because I'm bringing their terrible customer service practices to light in other places...
Guess they are starting to ban people that complain with bad experiences before they can post to their form?????? :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #84  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Guess they are starting to ban people that complain with bad experiences before they can post to their form?????? :(
Exactly my point...

They want to continue to be able to give horrendous customer service AND make sure that the customers they haven't alienated are still happily spending a ton of money with them...without being aware of how they treat customers who do need service...

Last edited by rachipohli; 11-11-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #85  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

As I have said, PTI does ban people for negative posting in the forum. It has been posted here and at twopeas.

I think they used to send notices of ban'ment' a long time ago. I think I remember something about reading that too.
I can second the PTI ban stories. I have read them all from here & 2Peas. The TwoPeas ban stories are more numerous than the ones that have been posted over here. That is saying something. There have been quite a few over here too.

Also this sounds to me that PTI does read the hot forums and they know of their reputation. It doesn't phase them a bit. That is just all sorts of wrong.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #86  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I didn't think Rachel was "upset" about the forum, just surprised, and using it as an example of their behavior. I took no more from her posting of that.

Generally I try not to judge what people might have in their hearts, I prefer to assume the best intent. It is puzzling to me that you would essentially create negative karma for yourself by pointing out the supposedly bad karma you think she is creating for herself.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin WroseView Post
I didn't think Rachel was "upset" about the forum, just surprised, and using it as an example of their behavior. I took no more from her posting of that.

Generally I try not to judge what people might have in their hearts, I prefer to assume the best intent. It is puzzling to me that you would essentially create negative karma for yourself by pointing out the supposedly bad karma you think she is creating for herself.
Since when is stating a differing opinion considered creating bad karma for myself? Her motives are clear in that she is encouraging people to visit the BBB website to write a negative review.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheckView Post
Since when is stating a differing opinion considered creating bad karma for myself? Her motives are clear in that she is encouraging people to visit the BBB website to write a negative review.
TBH I have read this thread through, and whilst I understand your satisfaction with your service and product, I don't understand defending the indefensible. Indeed you are going out of your way to belittle a legitimate complaint. If people have a bad experience with a business they should complain. If you don't like that complaint then do something constructive about it, rather than tear down the complaint encourage a company to behave in a manner where the complaint can not exist.

However, we get it loud and clear you're "alright jack". Shame the rest of the customers haven't been as satisfied as you are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #89  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Rachel, while you did not post anything negative about this on the forum you did spread the hate here. Your motives are to harm their business and to get as many people as you can to stop ordering from PTI. Now you are upset you cannot access their forum. Why? If you have such great disdain for them why would you want to participate. BTW, I considered your post about the Come all ye faithful set a little snarky and when you attack don't be surprised to suffer the consequences.
It's not "hate" that I'm spreading here, but awareness of a company's practices that make it unworthy of being patronized. If a company will treat its loyal customers this way without thinking twice, then any other customers/potential customers should know about it and be able to make an informed decision as to whether they want to support a company like that or not.

It is not "hate" to stand up against terrible customer service and to stand up FOR other companies who do go out of their way to treat their customers right.

And Kathy was exactly right when she said that I am not "upset" about not being able to access the forum and participate there, but just using it as a demonstration of the lengths that PTI will go to to keep their bad service from being brought to light.

I'm sorry that you found my post about the dog set "snarky", but again, I was just standing up for something I believe in and I expressed it in a way that was constructive & respectful. The true meaning of Christmas has been so watered down by popular culture and this really bothers me. That set just seemed to be more of the same so I simply expressed my thoughts about it. Just because it wasn't all goo goo gah gah over their products like every other post on the forum is doesn't make it "snarky".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #90  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
TBH I have read this thread through, and whilst I understand your satisfaction with your service and product, I don't understand defending the indefensible. Indeed you are going out of your way to belittle a legitimate complaint. If people have a bad experience with a business they should complain. If you don't like that complaint then do something constructive about it, rather than tear down the complaint encourage a company to behave in a manner where the complaint can not exist.

However, we get it loud and clear you're "alright jack". Shame the rest of the customers haven't been as satisfied as you are.
Well spoken, Kristen, thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #91  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hey everyone -

It is against our site posting rules to make another member the subject of a negative post. This is the highest risk activity to your account here at Splitcoast.

Stick to the subject at hand, not other members.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #92  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Rachel, while you did not post anything negative about this on the forum you did spread the hate here. Your motives are to harm their business and to get as many people as you can to stop ordering from PTI.
From reading the comments made by Rachel I just took them to read as her having a bad experience and wanting to let others know, just as you have let others know on MANY post here on SCS that you have had great service from PTI and love their products.

It's important that us as customers hear about the good and the bad and not think that people have motives behind their comments.

I'm sure that nobody thinks that you have motives behind your many posts praising them other than you're a huge fan of theirs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

Gina k has the best customer service!! I just love her products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I am very disappointed. I had heard good things again that made me think they had turned around their company so I just made a couple of orders in the past few months.

I guess I just need to pretend they don't exist.

I'm very sad to see it, but despite my not having a problem, there are TOO MANY PEOPLE who do. It's just a matter of time, it seems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wanted to order from them but found their website a mess. Then I read about their horrible customer service and I will not order from them. There are to many business out there that treat their customers good for me to waste my hard earned money on PTI.

Thank you so much Rachel for letting us know they still only care about the almighty dollar.

Marcie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #96  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
Well I am very disappointed. I had heard good things again that made me think they had turned around their company so I just made a couple of orders in the past few months.

I guess I just need to pretend they don't exist.

I'm very sad to see it, but despite my not having a problem, there are TOO MANY PEOPLE who do. It's just a matter of time, it seems .
That's exactly it. As long as you never make a mistake on an order, or have a shipping problem, or have a defective product, you're fine. But do NOT count on getting friendly, hassle-free, non nickle-and-diming treatment when you do have a problem.

More examples...here's what one gal wrote over on my 2Peas thread:
"After my contact with PTI over a very simple problem that they easily could have resolved I was told that 'They may not be the company for me.'"

And this was posted on my blog:
"So, I contacted the company via email letting them know of the damage and asking what I could do. I fully expected to be issued a return authorization and an even exchange (at their cost seeing as they sent me a damaged item). What I got was an email back that stated "IF" there is damage, they would replace it and cover return shipping. I felt their reply implied that maybe there was no damage and they would be the judge of that. She told me just to put it in a regular envelope, (as in a metal plate in a thin paper envelope). I didn't have an envelope that was big enough, so I went out and purchased a small padded envelope so it would arrive safely. Fortunately, they did feel that the damage was their fault, and they were willing to replace it. But, they wouldn't comp me my full return shipping cost, stating that I could have just used a regular envelope and I paid too much in shipping. (By the way, my cost to ship back was less than $3). I commented that as a loyal customer who has spent a lot of money with them, it would have been nice to be provided with an easier way to ship back where I wasn't out any money. She wrote back to say, next time ask her for an envelope and she'd mail me one...and, she can't help it that my postal person charged me too much..."

Julie cares more about a saving the company a few dollars than she does about treating her customers with generosity and respect after all the money they spend with her company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you contacted your State Attorney General's office? It certainly is questionable and maybe even deceptive business practice to acuse a customer of damaging a product they never opened and then refuse to return an item that the customer has already paid for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #98  
Inking Addict

Here is the statement that she posted in response to my PayPal dispute to get my $16 back for the impression plate that I no longer have.

"Rachel Pohli sent back a used item and has asked for a refund, we do not offer refunds for used items. It can be proven that this item was used upon return by the product manufacturer as well as us as there are pressure imprints on the die as well as the customer's finger prints. The product is being sent back to Rachel. As per our customer service policy, we do not offer returns for used products. Please let me know what additional information you would like us to provide.Thank you.Julie HeskampPapertrey Ink"

Now this is no longer just an issue of bad service, but of bald-faced lying on her part. I did not even take that plate out of the plastic ziploc bag it comes in, so how in the world did I manage to get my fingerprints on it through the plastic?

And, has anyone here ever used steel impression plates like the ones they sell? I have like 20 of their plates, and have used them all. EVEN AFTER THEY ARE USED, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY VISIBLE DAMAGE TO THEM LIKE SHE IS DESCRIBING. None of my impression plates are bent and warped with "pressure imprints" or scratches. They all look brand new. And that is after being used. In this case, it was a brand new impression plate that I never even touched. If even my used plates don't look used, how does a brand new plate that I never even opened get so extensively damaged with "fingerprints" all over it?

I know it's my word against hers, and it could be me that is lying...but why, if I already have that same impression plate, would I need to use the duplicate one I accidentally ordered? And why, after spending THOUSANDS of dollars with the company over many years, would I suddenly decide I'd like to try to scam the company out of $16? I wasn't even asking for a refund, but a STORE CREDIT.

She will resort to making up ridiculous lies in the attempt to avoid having to give me back $16. Simply incredible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #99  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Here is the statement that she posted in response to my PayPal dispute to get my $16 back for the impression plate that I no longer have.

"Rachel Pohli sent back a used item and has asked for a refund, we do not offer refunds for used items. It can be proven that this item was used upon return by the product manufacturer as well as us as there are pressure imprints on the die as well as the customer's finger prints. The product is being sent back to Rachel. As per our customer service policy, we do not offer returns for used products. Please let me know what additional information you would like us to provide.Thank you.Julie HeskampPapertrey Ink"

Now this is no longer just an issue of bad service, but of bald-faced lying on her part. I did not even take that plate out of the plastic ziploc bag it comes in, so how in the world did I manage to get my fingerprints on it through the plastic?

How in the world would Julie "know" they were your prints and not the person who packed the plate at the factory? That just seems like a bizarre statement to make. Not only that, but if she's sending you back the plate, how can she "prove" anything to Paypal once it's out of her hands? Did she dust the plate for prints and take photos of them? Her whole attitude just leaves me scratching my head. :confused:

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #100  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Have you contacted your State Attorney General's office? It certainly is questionable and maybe even deceptive business practice to acuse a customer of damaging a product they never opened and then refuse to return an item that the customer has already paid for.
I have not thought of doing that. If I thought they might actually do something, I would, but mine is an issue of principle rather than a large dollar amount, so I doubt they'd have anything to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

And yes, it definitely IS questionable business practice! In the statement she gave to PayPal, she said that plate was being returned to me ( I guess she decided to really splurge on the $2.07 in postage). So far, I have not received it yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #101  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21View Post
How in the world would Julie "know" they were your prints and not the person who packed the plate at the factory? That just seems like a bizarre statement to make. Not only that, but if she's sending you back the plate, how can she "prove" anything to Paypal once it's out of her hands? Did she dust the plate for prints and take photos of them? Her whole attitude just leaves me scratching my head. :confused:
I know, right? Not to mention the fact that unless you happen to be handling the plate right after eating fried chicken or cheetos, you're pretty much not going to have a bunch of visible "prints" on the plate (it's not like tissue paper). All her claims & accusations are just completely preposterous. I just don't get it either. No one I've talked to understands how she can run her business this way and still be in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #102  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

I know I should not have laughed at her statement. This is a serious issue. I couldn't help it. How does she know those are your fingerprints? Does she take fingerprints of all her customer's, lol. This fingerprint thing struck me so funny. You should tell PayPal you will be glad to submit your fingerprints to prove your claim. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #103  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

This just seems absurd! Fingerprints, really? I think the powers that be there maybe need some therapy. Seriously, I'm concerned for them. Normal people don't act like that!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Just like a lie needs another lie to cover up, which leads to more lies, and having to remember all those lies...

...the blame game is the same. Once you start on that path there's only two ways to go. Keep making up stuff to shift blame, or admit you were wrong. Obviously they "can't" ever do the latter.

I pity them.

ETA...I don't, however, think they are in the right. They need some humble pie.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #105  
Mad Swapper

I can't wait until you get that impressions plate back. It's too late now but it sure would have been a good idea to take a picture of the one you sent back because I bet you any money that the one you are going to get is not the same one.

It's sad that you are going through all this for just $16.00. It could have been handled in a much nicer way and she could have kept you as a good long-standing customer.

My advice - take pictures! If I receive damaged product I always take a picture even if they don't want proof of damage. Some companies just replace - no questions asked. In this type of situation it also seems like a good idea to take a picture of a non-damaged product if you are returning it. But, I am sure there still would be no "proof" that you didn't take a picture of the one you already had and just switched them for the picture. It seems like you just can't win with a company like that.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #106  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Smile

Just wanted to share a little story about Taylored Expressions. I had taken a little survey, and after having completed it they sent a code for $5 off of an order. I inadvertently deleted the code and emailed them to explain my mistake and request the code. Next business day they sent me the information. They didn't have to, because it was my mistake. Taylor will get a generous portion of my crafting budget because of her ethics. Maybe she should do ethics tutorials for Papertrey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #107  
Inking Addict

This story really is too bad. I had ordered from PTI for the first time a few months ago. My order arrived without a hitch, and I have been enjoying my cardstock. But, after this story, and many others, I will never order from there again. I plan on giving GinaK white cardstock a try next. Thank you OP for sharing your story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #108  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbpView Post
I can't wait until you get that impressions plate back. It's too late now but it sure would have been a good idea to take a picture of the one you sent back because I bet you any money that the one you are going to get is not the same one.

It's sad that you are going through all this for just $16.00. It could have been handled in a much nicer way and she could have kept you as a good long-standing customer.

My advice - take pictures! If I receive damaged product I always take a picture even if they don't want proof of damage. Some companies just replace - no questions asked. In this type of situation it also seems like a good idea to take a picture of a non-damaged product if you are returning it. But, I am sure there still would be no "proof" that you didn't take a picture of the one you already had and just switched them for the picture. It seems like you just can't win with a company like that.
I know, this is so true...I'm kicking myself for not having taken a picture of the plate before I sent it back to them. I was mistaking them for an honorable company that could be trusted. But you're totally right, even if I had taken a picture, there's no guarantee that she wouldn't have tried to accuse me of switching plates or something equally as ridiculous. It really does seem that she has a view of her customers that is the most negative as possible, approaching every customer service issue from the perspective that the customer is trying to scam the company out of money, until proven otherwise (beyond a shadow of a doubt!)

I too am very curious to see what this hideously damaged impression plate looks like when/if I get it back. I will not believe it is being sent back to me until I see it. I will take a picture of it and post here when/if it arrives, along with a picture of how my other used plates look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #109  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5sonsView Post
Just wanted to share a little story about Taylored Expressions. I had taken a little survey, and after having completed it they sent a code for $5 off of an order. I inadvertently deleted the code and emailed them to explain my mistake and request the code. Next business day they sent me the information. They didn't have to, because it was my mistake. Taylor will get a generous portion of my crafting budget because of her ethics. Maybe she should do ethics tutorials for Papertrey!
Exactly. This is how a real company treats its customers...bend over backwards to be generous, kind & coming from the angle that you're dealing with honest customers, not dishonest ones. Yes, those do occur, but especially in the crafting world, how many customers out of a hundred do you really think is the lying, thieving type? Certainly not enough to warrant the kind of suspicious treatment that Julie Heskamp gives to all her customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Her method of "Customer Service" is called 'Cutting off your nose to spite your face.' Very old, but very fitting phrase. All I can say to all this is a big "RATS." I have been saving up (since they never have a sale) for Rosie Posie and Meadow Greens and coordinating dies, not the mention the very cute vegetables recently added. I don't want to take a chance ordering from such a company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #111  

I have to laugh! Cutting off your nose to spite your face is something my mom says a lot...usually to me if I'm acting snotty..not that I do that to her, lol! That made me smile :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #112  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never order from PTI , in honestly... I have been in papercrafting for almost 9 years and I have read so much bad stuff from PTI, that I have never been even tempted. I sticked to companies known for great CS... Gina K DEsigns - offers wonderful paper and stamps and loads of extra fun stuff and I adore Paperwishes- I spend hundreds upon hundred with this company every year and every issue I have ever had was quickly taken care of with both companies without issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

And, has anyone here ever used steel impression plates like the ones they sell? I have like 20 of their plates, and have used them all. EVEN AFTER THEY ARE USED, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY VISIBLE DAMAGE TO THEM LIKE SHE IS DESCRIBING. None of my impression plates are bent and warped with "pressure imprints" or scratches. They all look brand new. And that is after being used. In this case, it was a brand new impression plate that I never even touched. If even my used plates don't look used, how does a brand new plate that I never even opened get so extensively damaged with "fingerprints" all over it?
I know it's my word against hers, and it could be me that is lying...but why, if I already have that same impression plate, would I need to use the duplicate one I accidentally ordered? And why, after spending THOUSANDS of dollars with the company over many years, would I suddenly decide I'd like to try to scam the company out of $16? I wasn't even asking for a refund, but a STORE CREDIT. She will resort to making up ridiculous lies in the attempt to avoid having to give me back $16. Simply incredible.
I guess she dusted for fingerprints and ran them through AFiS. Of course that also assumes that you have a criminal record. LOL :lol:
I think you should report them to the Better Business Bureau in their hometown and include the info from the PayPal dispute. At this point it's not a matter of getting money back or a replacement item, it's about principle.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Simply incredible.
If I were related to a lawyer who would do a pro bono case I would consider slapping her with a libel/slander/defamation suit...

Just to make her reconsider her rather extreme ways.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #115  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperDeaView Post
I guess she dusted for fingerprints and ran them through AFiS. Of course that also assumes that you have a criminal record. LOL :lol:
I think you should report them to the Better Business Bureau in their hometown and include the info from the PayPal dispute. At this point it's not a matter of getting money back or a replacement item, it's about principle.
Dea
Of course I have a criminal record, that's why I'm trying to steal $16 from Papertrey! lol ;)

I did already report them to the BBB which then gets transferred to their local office. And I agree totally that it's not about $16, it's about the principle. To that end, I'm very happy to report that PAYPAL GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK!! (I guess they weren't convinced by the all those fingerprints all over the plate... ;) ) I highly doubt I'll be receiving the plate in the mail now, because I doubt that she ever sent it in the first place...and now that PayPal decided in my favor, she will definitely not send it back. That's good, I didn't need it in the first place; that's what started all of this!

YAY, PAYPAL!!!! Makes me more comfortable than ever to pay with their service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #116  

Good for paypal. It makes me wonder how many of these requests they have gotten....

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #117  
Mad Swapper

I'm curious how this works. You pay through PayPal and they send the money to said company for payment. When you dispute and PayPal gives you your money back - where do they get the money from? Does said company give the money to PayPal who in turn gives it to you? Or is PayPal out the money unless they are able to get it from said company? What if said company does not want to refund?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #118  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbpView Post
I'm curious how this works. You pay through PayPal and they send the money to said company for payment. When you dispute and PayPal gives you your money back - where do they get the money from? Does said company give the money to PayPal who in turn gives it to you? Or is PayPal out the money unless they are able to get it from said company? What if said company does not want to refund?
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know if PayPal is out the money and just does this as a customer service (Papertrey, take note...THIS is good customer service!) OR if they refund my money and then actually pursue getting the money from Papertrey to cover the $16 that they give back to me. I hope it is the latter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #119  

I'm not sure either but a big pro to paypal is the buyer protection program. I only sell off old crafting supplies through pay pal so that way I know I have the money! Thankfully I've never had to use it either as a buyer or a seller!

I will say it does make it awful easy to do any kind of online shopping, lol! Pretty much just click and buy....dangerous.... :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #120  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I have a feeling there are fees someplace that cover this. I had a problem a few years ago, a company shipped a bunch of GLASS refill bottles in a priority box.

Just the glass bottles. In the box. The box was half green when I got it. I had NOT used PayPal and had to pursue it myself. All I was able to get was the 2.50 for the one broken refill. Never mind all the other labels were practically unreadable because of the green ink. I swore to use PayPal after that - they seem to ALWAYS stick up for the buyer. With me, it was like the company didn't want to even talk to me. And yes I posted here about it at the time. (A complaint.) And no I don't remember their name. lol

So I'm really glad PayPal did what I thought they would.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes