Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
I believe the DT members ... that have stayed during PTI's very public troubled times, sends a very clear message about their values, morals, etc and it isn't a good one.
To give the DT members the benefit of the doubt, some DT folks may also be bound by long-term contracts and "stuck" with PTI for now. (Or maybe they have their heads in the sand and have been misled by the PTI owner herself.) The truth will come back to the PTI folks in due course. It's all very sad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One would think that this kind of all-pervasive terrible customer service would eventually come back to bite them. I do not know how much it has...maybe they have noticed a drop in sales, but you wouldn't know it based on their release previews every month. I just hope that enough people like us here really will stop buying from them entirely. Maybe then they might actually take notice. I just added them as a seller on resellerratings.com. Go there and write a review if you feel inclined. You can also write reviews at the BBB's website. I wrote a review there but they wouldn't post it due to the fact that I had also submitted a formal complaint. I will write a review at resellerratings.com also.

Finally, write their customer service department and let them know your thoughts! People can stop buying and they may see a change in sales eventually, but they can see immediately if tons of people start emailing their customer service and telling them that they will no longer be customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnamarie74View Post
Have you considered addressing this on their own PTI forum?
:p

They delete all negative posts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

You can count me as another potential customer that will never order from them. I'd always been tempted by their beautiful cardstock and ribbon, but it's not worth it. That email was appalling, and they do not deserve anyone's business.

And count me as another loyal Gina K. customer. Her cardstock is great, and she's been gradually getting ink pads to match. Her ink is the best dye ink I've ever used. Plus the customer service is the best.

They don't sell cardstock and ink, but Verve and Sweet n Sassy Stamps are two other companies that have great stamps and excellent service.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #45  
Glitter Queen

As a (once) potential customer I just emailed them to let them know I now WILL NOT buy from them.
Thank you for putting the word out there that they are another company to steer well clear of.
OMC is another company you need to be wary of ... they make it appear they have stock on hand, but keep giving excuses as to why it won't ship within a reasonable time (I'm talking ... have been waiting six months for my items).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #46  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnamarie74View Post
Seriously? They only allow posts that support them, even if people don't feel that way? I am more than a little appalled.
Yes, they will most certainly delete and/or lock any post that tells the truth about their customer service. Before they had the customer service "zendesk" forum that they have now, and during the time when they were having TONS of issues with customer service due to - in addition to the ongoing problem of their "customer is always wrong" attitude - a new website that was a complete disaster, the forum was absolutely INUNDATED with furious customers complaining about the lack of customer service they were receiving. That's why they created the "zendesk", so that they could have an excuse to direct all the gazillions of customer service issues away from the eyes of the public.

Now, you can't even say the tiniest thing negative on the forum without being censored. During the last release, I shared my opinion that I felt like one of their upcoming stamp sets was sacreligious and disrespectful to the true meaning of Christmas (a set featuring dogs called "O Come All Ye Faithful" with sentiments in it like "Bark, the Herald Angels Sing") and after a few posts, my thread was locked by Nichole with some kind of pat message and that was that.

This is why I didn't bother posting this nightmare of a customer service issue on their forum, because I know it would be deleted immediately, and they would most likely delete my account as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #47  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooshaView Post
As a (once) potential customer I just emailed them to let them know I now WILL NOT buy from them.
Thank you for putting the word out there that they are another company to steer well clear of.
That is excellent, thank you for doing that! They need to know that this kind of customer service will have a far-reaching on their sales, so it's really great that you took the time to do that.

Thanks for the heads up on OMC as well. I've ordered from them in the past, very infrequently, and I did notice that their shipping took a very long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #48  
Inking Addict

FYI, I just added the entire transcript of the email conversation on my blog (because a commenter asked me to)...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachipohliView Post
Thanks for the heads up on OMC as well. I've ordered from them in the past, very infrequently, and I did notice that their shipping took a very long time.
I have heard all the OMC nightmares. I have only ordered from them a couple of times and got my things in quickly. It was around the holidays too. I don't know how that happened. Busiest mail time of the year & I get fast shipping from the company notorious for slow shipping.

I was thinking of this thread tonight when I was ordering a SMASH book online. The particular SMASH book I wanted only a few vendors had it. I found it at Scrapbook Warehouse for a great price. I wouldn't place my order until I found reviews.

I know I said it so many times on threads before but I am so grateful for the vendor threads. So many of us get caught up in ordering something so pretty and inspiring for our craft stash that we forget to check if where we are ordering from is a great company or a horrid one. This PTI thread made me double check my reviews before I ordered from Scrapbook Warehouse.

Thank you again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

It's a shame because their stamps and dies are wonderful and the DT is top notch. I was a regular customer for years but have not ordered for quite some time because I don't want to gamble with my craft money. Simply adding "have a nice day" to emails is not what makes customer service good. They just don't get it. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry to hear about this.It took me at least 2 years to finally be brave enough to order from Papertrey ink. I had read so many bad comments about their customer service. When comments started getting better, I did ordered from them. I have ordered now about 3 times and I got my order fast all three times, BUT I haven't had any issues that I needed customer service. This does worry me. Customer service is VERY important!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

I won't let someone else's bad experience influence where I shop and I will remain a loyal customer. Whenever I have contacted CS, Julie's response has always been polite and very helpful.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #53  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
... I found it at Scrapbook Warehouse for a great price. I wouldn't place my order until I found reviews.

I know I said it so many times on threads before but I am so grateful for the vendor threads. So many of us get caught up in ordering something so pretty and inspiring for our craft stash that we forget to check if where we are ordering from is a great company or a horrid one. This PTI thread made me double check my reviews before I ordered from Scrapbook Warehouse.

Thank you again.
I'm glad that this thread has been helpful for you. I really believe that customers should be aware of this treatment so they can decide for themselves if they want to take a chance with Papertrey or not. I took the chance for 7 years and even stuck with them after I experienced the bad customer service the first time (again, by Julie). Then for a long time everything was fine. They even improved their shipping times. I hadn't needed to contact customer service for anything for a number of years. But the one time I do...well, you've seen the outcome. I'm sure that there are plenty of times when customers ARE happy with the service they receive from her. And every company is going to have an unhappy customer now & again. But should a company have so MUCH bad service that they have an ongoing reputation for that that gets spread all over the forums? That's saying something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #54  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitter GypsyView Post
It's a shame because their stamps and dies are wonderful and the DT is top notch. I was a regular customer for years but have not ordered for quite some time because I don't want to gamble with my craft money. Simply adding "have a nice day" to emails is not what makes customer service good. They just don't get it. :confused:
Yes, it is a gamble, plain & simple. One may order from them and never have an issue and be perfectly happy and have wonderful products.

But even if that is the case, the other thing to consider is, do you really want to support a company that is known for treating its customers this way when there are so many other companies to support that do NOT do this to their customers?

And yes, it was pretty frustrating to have "have a fantastic day" added to the end of message that said "I'm not going to help with this no matter what". Very condescending and off-putting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #55  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheckView Post
I won't let someone else's bad experience influence where I shop and I will remain a loyal customer. Whenever I have contacted CS, Julie's response has always been polite and very helpful.
I'm glad that you've never had an issue. I hadn't had one in awhile either. (stood by them even AFTER the first big issue I had) But the fact still remains, knowing that she can and will treat her long-time loyal customers like this, do you still want to support that kind of a company?

It's not necessarily just that you yourself have never had an issue. It's the principle behind the way she treats so many of her customers (even if YOU weren't treated that way)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I'm glad that you've never had an issue. I hadn't had one in awhile either. (stood by them even AFTER the first big issue I had) But the fact still remains, knowing that she can and will treat her long-time loyal customers like this, do you still want to support that kind of a company?

It's not necessarily just that you yourself have never had an issue. It's the principle behind the way she treats so many of her customers (even if YOU weren't treated that way)
Yes, I do. They have what I want and I will continue to be a customer.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #57  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Yes, I do. They have what I want and I will continue to be a customer.
I hear you and I get it. They have great stuff, which is why I continued to be a customer after the last time I got bad service.

But I believe that the reality is that this is the reason why Julie continues treating customers the way she does...because there are enough other customers who will continue shopping with them no matter how bad their reputation is for bad service.

For this reason, I'm sure that her attitude will never change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #58  
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

I had the same experience! I love their products but stopped shopping there over a year ago. I would report them to the Better Business Bureau I actually remember trying to do this and I think that I could not find out how. I can't imagine how they are still in business. I am sorry that you had this experience but feel validated that I was treated the same way, she did not care if I was a customer. I wonder if they read the posts on SCS. I told them they should do that but I don't know if they did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalcharmView Post
Sorry for your experience with them but if you have a look around, not just on SCS but other craft sites, you'll see similar stories about them.

I wonder if they realise that it's just not YOUR custom that they're going to lose but mine also. Why would I shop somewhere with so many bad customer service stories written around the place about them? I'd prefer to spend my money in shops with good reputations.

(pssst try MFT, or Taylored Expressions or Hambo if you're after a good experience)
I have ordered from them in the past, but because of comments that I have read here on SCS, I don't even go to their site...no need to pine for something I'm afraid to order. I have had good to wonderful experiences with all of the member companies that I have done business with (and with Flourishes, a former member company as well as Serendipity, Hambo & GKD). I'm so glad that y'all share with us your experiences to let the rest of us learn...just wish that Papertrey would learn...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #60  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTBView Post
I had the same experience! I love their products but stopped shopping there over a year ago. I would report them to the Better Business Bureau I actually remember trying to do this and I think that I could not find out how. I can't imagine how they are still in business. I am sorry that you had this experience but feel validated that I was treated the same way, she did not care if I was a customer. I wonder if they read the posts on SCS. I told them they should do that but I don't know if they did.
Go to For Consumers - U.S. BBB and click on the left hand side "File a Complaint". The site will then walk you through the process completely. I recommend that anyone who has this kind of experience go to the BBB and file a complaint or at least write a bad review. (You can't do both, I tried)

The reason they're still in business is that there are enough other customers who either aren't aware of their practices or who are aware and just don't care (as long as it doesn't happen to them), and so they continue to sell tons of product in spite of their terrible CS. Clearly, the owners at Papertrey know this which is why the bad service continues. What's one customer to lose among thousands others who they don't lose? This attitude says to me "our products are so fantastic that people will flock to buy them even if our service stinks, so why should we spend company money to keep customers happy who have issues?" This seems to be their strategy. Now that I've experienced it so clearly for myself - and given how many other wonderful, hard-working companies with great products there are out there who DO go out of their way to treat customers right - I just can't see how anyone would want to support Papertrey. No product is so wonderful that it warrants supporting a company with that kind of attitude toward the customers who make them who they are.

This is why I feel it is so important to spread the word if this happens to you. As Donna Marie said, how many people have this happen to them but never speak up?

PS - another person shared her story on my blog...(see the comments at the bottom) Paper Crafter Galore: Papertrey Ink - a company with wonderful products and the WORST customer service on planet earth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #61  
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

That is so great! Will you place orders for me so I can get some of their wonderful products. ))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Well, I got into the BBB website. It was easy to read the complaints against Papertrey, so it should be easy to file a complaint. Just click on the link above!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So many of these horror stories all over the internet. I'm so glad I listened and never ordered from this company - and never will. This and the ridiculous shipping charges... I live in Canada and can just imagine the nightmare (and cost) it would be to deal with a problem order from this company. I work too hard for my money to go begging to be a customer to someone who will treat me like doggie doo.

OMC is another one to watch out for. When I first started paper crafting, I placed an order with them. It took months to get my products. Once I got the last item, I deleted all their emails, unsubbed from the mailing list, and deleted their url from my bookmarks. Won't order from them ever again either.

Last edited by cat_woman; 11-10-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #64  
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered from PTI once, a few years ago. My order arrived just fine, and I loved the products that I purchased. HOWEVER....with all the negative things I have read about their customer service since then, I am no longer ordering from them. I will also never order from Simon Says, as I have heard their CS leaves alot to be desired as well. I will give my hard earned money to Gina K, or any number of companies that bend over backward to please their customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #66  
Mad Swapper

I often wondered who had had the majority ownership in that company between the Heskamps and Nicole and who is following who's orders. Nicole could easily pull the plug or exert some pressure on this - she and her design team make the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #67  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppofctView Post
I often wondered who had had the majority ownership in that company between the Heskamps and Nicole and who is following who's orders. Nicole could easily pull the plug or exert some pressure on this - she and her design team make the company.
While I agree that Nichole and the DT make the company, the DT has nothing to do with the business end of things, and though I'd like to believe that Nichole has a different perspective on treating customers than Julie, I do not think that is the case. I've heard of and seen instances of Nichole being snarky with customers as well. I don't think she would stand up against the kind of treatment that Julie provides to the customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #68  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Quote:

PS - I filed a dispute in PayPal to get my $16 back for the impression plate that I no longer have but that I paid for. Papertrey has the option, through PayPal's dispute process, to just give me my money back and call it a done deal.
Instead, they've chosen to voluntarily escalate the dispute to a CLAIM, which means that now PayPal will get involved and do an investigation over the matter.
All of this over $16, miniscule, tiny drop in the bucket for them. But for me, this is now a VERY VERY BIG issue of principle.
I hope your emails are helpful in this!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #69  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin WroseView Post
I hope your emails are helpful in this!
Thanks, Kathy, I'm pretty sure they will be. I'm still waiting to hear from PayPal on the matter...I will post the outcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #70  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTBView Post
That is so great! Will you place orders for me so I can get some of their wonderful products. ))))
This may not be a perfect solution, but I've thought that I would still consider buying their products used. If you're buying them from another person rather than directly from them, you can still benefit from having the products without supporting Papertrey financially any further.

However, I've also vowed not to use their products on anything that I post to my blog. I don't want to give them any free publicity.

I'm actually going to be going through my (enormous) Papertrey stash and selling off a bunch of it. I'd rather get the money and use it to buy products from great companies (like WPlus9, MFT and GinaK, to name just a few) that I want to support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

This may not be a perfect solution, but I've thought that I would still consider buying their products used. If you're buying them from another person rather than directly from them, you can still benefit from having the products without supporting Papertrey financially any further.
I decided not to buy from PTI after reading all of the horror stories. I don't want to support a business that treats customers so badly, even if it's never happened to me. If it did, I would get so angry that it would ruin crafting for me for a while, so I just avoid the possibility altogether.

I'm on the fence about buying their products used. I know that this is a way to avoid running into a problem, but then I'm still supporting their company in a way. I don't have a blog, so I don't have to worry about giving them advertising. I did just buy a couple of used sets, I'm just not sure how I feel about it. :confused:

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #72  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I decided not to buy from PTI after reading all of the horror stories. I don't want to support a business that treats customers so badly, even if it's never happened to me. If it did, I would get so angry that it would ruin crafting for me for a while, so I just avoid the possibility altogether.

I'm on the fence about buying their products used. I know that this is a way to avoid running into a problem, but then I'm still supporting their company in a way. I don't have a blog, so I don't have to worry about giving them advertising. I did just buy a couple of used sets, I'm just not sure how I feel about it. :confused:
I know what you mean. Even as I was writing that post about buying used sets, I felt somewhat conflicted about it, because you're right, it is still supporting them somewhat, though indirectly. Honestly, at this point I'm not even thrilled about using what I already have from them, I have such a bad taste in my mouth because of all this (fortunately, it hasn't ruined crafting for me altogether, just crafting with their products). I used to be really clingy to my Papertrey sets, only selling sets that I was REALLY sure I was done using. Now I'm going to be going through and purging like crazy, just because I want to take the money I'd make from selling them and use it to give my support to other companies who are GOOD companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #73  
Inking Addict

New development - a new level of low for Papertrey Ink...
I thought it was a little strange and too coincidental that shortly after this incident, I could no longer get to Papertrey's forum page...when I tried to go there, it just kept acting like the site was down (saying that it had "timed out"). When this continued for days, I got even more suspicious. My husband is an IT expert so I asked him to look into it. After multiple tests, all evidence suggests that THEY HAVE BLOCKED MY IP ADDRESS from access to their forum.

Now, keep in mind that I never posted anything negative at all on THEIR site. This was a preemptive action to make sure that I would be unable to post anything negative on their site that someone might see before they had a chance to catch it and delete it. Pretty unbelievable, huh?

Last edited by rachipohli; 11-11-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #74  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Sounds like they're afraid of you!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #75  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm so disappointed to hear that PTI is still treating their customers so rudely. I've waited at least two years to order anything from them because of the horrible customer service. It seemed like it was improving so I was about to place an order this week! My cart was all ready to go, but now I don't wish to support them at all. I'm even considering deleting their blog from my Feedly, as well as their design team members. I'm really upset because I wanted some of their felt, Lavender Moon card stock, and the Tiny Tags dies and stamp set. :-(

BTW, in case PTI should read this post, the money I would have spent with you I've just spent with a company that appreciates its customers and has awesome customer service!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery

Last edited by Jessrose21; 11-11-2013 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Had more to say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #76  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

New development - a new level of low for Papertrey Ink...
I thought it was a little strange and too coincidental that shortly after this incident, I could no longer get to Papertrey's forum page...when I tried to go there, it just kept acting like the site was down (saying that it had "timed out"). When this continued for days, I got even more suspicious. My husband is an IT expert so I asked him to look into it. After multiple tests, all evidence suggests that THEY HAVE BLOCKED MY IP ADDRESS from access to their forum.

Now, keep in mind that I never posted anything negative at all on THEIR site. This was a preemptive action to make sure that I would be unable to post anything negative on their site that someone might see before they had a chance to catch it and delete it. Pretty unbelievable, huh?
IT expert or not, I'd be really reluctant to jump to that conclusion. I mean, I can't get to the Stampin Up site from my office computer anymore, and there was a period of time when for whatever reason, the National Weather Service site wouldn't load either. But I am quite positive that neither site purposefully banned my IP address.

It seems to me that it would be far easier to just turn off your message board account rather than ban an IP address, since if they just ban your personal IP address, that doesn't stop you from accessing the site via some OTHER IP location (work, your phone, any place with WiFi).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #77  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I decided not to buy from PTI after reading all of the horror stories. I don't want to support a business that treats customers so badly, even if it's never happened to me.
Ditto!

I mostly purchase my supplies from local places, but seeing this thread made me curious to look over their website and it really is too bad since their products are nice.

And it's kind of funny, the one stamp set I saw that I wanted is that dog Christmas one, but I don't want the sayings, just the dogs and their sweaters. I'll use my own (and more respectful) sayings. If another company has a similar set, I'd much prefer to get it from them. As it is, I'll be looking on the secondary market.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
IT expert or not, I'd be really reluctant to jump to that conclusion. I mean, I can't get to the Stampin Up site from my office computer anymore, and there was a period of time when for whatever reason, the National Weather Service site wouldn't load either. But I am quite positive that neither site purposefully banned my IP address.

It seems to me that it would be far easier to just turn off your message board account rather than ban an IP address, since if they just ban your personal IP address, that doesn't stop you from accessing the site via some OTHER IP location (work, your phone, any place with WiFi).
I have read, PTI does ban people from their forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #79  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post

I would've thought that too, that my whole forum account would just be deleted, but I don't think they would choose to do that because it would be too blatant. If you look on the forum FAQs, it says right there that the website owner could/would ban an IP address.

Here it is verbatim:
Q) "Why can't I register?"
A) "It is possible that the website owner has banned your IP address or disallowed the user name you are trying to register..."

We did not reach this conclusion on a whim because the site just didn't open for a few minutes or even hours. Shortly after I had the negative customer service exchange with Julie via email, I could no longer access the forum from my computer and haven't been able to since (it's been several days now)

In addition to this, my husband did a thorough network analysis, trying out multiple things to confirm my suspicions and it is very clear that this was their method in this case....(I could post all the tests he did, but it would be very long & boring)
Why did they do it this way instead of deleting my account? I'm not entirely sure, but I don't doubt that that could be coming next...even though I have not posted one thing about this on their forum...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

As I have said, PTI does ban people for negative posting in the forum. It has been posted here and at twopeas.

I think they used to send notices of ban'ment' a long time ago. I think I remember something about reading that too.
Reply With Quote Likes