Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEWING TECHNIQUE SEEN ON DIY NETWORK

HI I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE SAW THE EPISODE OF DIY'S SCRAPBOOKING ABOUT "SEWING IN SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS" THERE WAS ONE SEWING MACHINE ON THERE A LADY WAS USING THAT HAD LIKE A COMPUTER SCREEN ON IT AND SHE COULD JUST PUNCH IN WHAT SHE WANTED AND THE SEWING MACHINE DID IT, ON THE CARDSTOCK, SHE MADE A TEAR DROP BUTTON HOLE, SOME SQUIGGLY LINES THAT LOOKED LIKES WAVES AND THE SHE PUNCHED IN WORDS AND THE SEWING MACHINE WROTE OUT THE WORDS.WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! I AM IN AWE THAT'S ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS PUT THE PAPER THERE AND THE SEWING MACHINE DID THE REST. I TOOK UP HOME ECONOMICS IN THE EIGTH GRADE AND THE MACHINE I USED THEN DEFINITELY DID NOT DO ALL THAT AND I HAVE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE SEW CUTE MACHINES TO SEW ON SCOUT PATCHES, BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT MACHINE WAS THIS ONE SO I CAN PUT IT ON MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST. THE SCAPRBOOK PAGE WAS BEAUTIFUL. SO IF YOU KNOW WHAT MACHINE I AM TALKING ABOUT AND OR WHERE I CAN PURCHASE ONE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU
PRICELESS
You can take away all my stamps, but you will never take away the stamper in me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I didn't see the show, but I assume it's an embroidery machine. Did it use a hoop to hold the paper? Embroidery machines come in a few flavors - at varying degrees of prices:

* embroidery only using cards from the manufacturers - I think they run several hundred dollars, and he cards run at least $50.
* embroidery only using your computer to hold the designs ( I think singer has one) via USB cable or CD
* embroidery/ sewing using cards
* embroidery/sewing using your computer

The other thing to look for is the largest image that can be embroidered - some are relatively small. If that works for you, the machines are less expensive.

I've looked at these machines for sewing but have not been able to justify the purchase myself. I think you can get the cheapest for $400-$500 US up to $3000 and even higher. Go to the manufacturer sites (singer, brother, simplicity, janome, husqvarna viking, etc) for more info.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 05:29 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't know what machine she used, but my sewing machine is similar, it is a Brother Pacesetter nx-400. I got mine 2 years ago I think, and it is FABULOUS. my model ran about 800 dollars I think... it was a birthday present, along with a Elna serger...

Whatever you do don't go looking for a machine at Walmart, if you want a high end machine go to a independent sewing center.
Reply With Quote Likes