Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #1  
PAPER SCAPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling cards at a fund raiser

I�m making cards that will be sold at a Relay for Life fund raiser and I have a couple questions.

First, has anyone done this and about what price range worked well for you, knowing it was a fund raiser? I saw the thread on �what do you charge�.

Second, how was the Stampin Up name printed on the card and if it�s a stamp where can I get one?
I did look through the angel policy on the SU web site and I did see what I thought were stamp set names that I think are for this reason. Problem is when I click on it I get and error message down in the left hand corner. So some help would be much appreciated.

Third, for anyone who sells cards how do you display them? Single, sets and what are they packaged in?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #2  
One TOT Mom

I have not ever sold cards at a fundraiser, but I think it would be like any other sale thing - depends on where you live and how intricate they are! It being a fundraiser, are you selling these to donate all the profit to an organization or are you selling them for your profit? I bet if you post an example or desc. people would be able to help you find a reasonable price.

Are you making a lot of different styles or many on a few styles? I think making many of a few would be easier to display. You could display a sample then keep the rest in a box - maybe package them with an envelope in a cello bag. Or check our www.clearbags.com - them have card sleeves.

The stamp that you have to put on the card to comply with the angle policy is "Hanmade With Love" or "Handmade with Love II". They both retail in a set of 4 for $11.95 and are on page 188 in the new catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Location matters.......

If you can contact someone who lives near to you, their price suggestions would be the most accurate. Just as an example of what I mean..... my sister was here in Washington visiting from Louisiana awhile back. When we got to talking about prices of everything from groceries to gas to haircuts, I almost thought it would be worth the airfare to go shopping down there. LOL
Seriously, location really does matter. When I see the prices in Seattle art shops as compared with the shops here (100 miles north) there is a huge difference.
John 3:16

Last edited by GarnetJ; 08-13-2005 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #4  
PAPER SCAPER

Thanks both of you for your tips and they are good ones.
I don't make any profit at all on the cards that will be sold, it's just a donation.

GarnetJ, your right as far as location and here in Michigan the price is high for everything else so maybe for cards also. I'll read the post on what to charge and talk with someone I know lives close to me and see what she thinks on price.

AmandaMay that's a good idea on posting them when we decide which ones we'll use.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #5  
One TOT Mom

Good luck to you! I think since you are selling them to donate all profits - if you post a sign saying this "All Proceeds Donated" - you would be able to charge a little bit more! I know I would pay a little more for a card if all the money was going to a good cause.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #6  
KLE
Rubber Obsessor

HI Rox71,
I was so glad to see your thread. I am also going to make cards and sell them for a fundraiser for Relay for Life. I have not done this before either, but I think it will be a great success once all the details get worked out. Are you going to make a bunch of sets, or are you going to have people order them and them send them to them? I would love to bounce ideas around with you if you are interested. I am in California, and our Relay for Life was in June this year and will be again next year. I want to start planning now.
Let me know,
Krista
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 05:14 AM   #7  
PAPER SCAPER

Krista I have skads of ideas to bounce but have company due any minute now, I will be back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't usually sell cards; but do offer a fair amount of my cards as donations for fund raisers for causes like the American Heart Association, Humane Society, American Cancer Association or Breat Cancer Awareness. I usually package cards individually in plastic sleeves and then bundle them by 6 or 8 with a pretty ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #9  
PAPER SCAPER

KLE, the relay I�m donating to is also held in June. My friend's daughter is the active person in the relay. Her husband is a four year survivor at age 30. She's a stamper so we're doing some things to get ready together. She did say items for only a dollar do sell well and bookmarks seem to fit that category well. And they really go for the items that have the ribbon emblem on them.

For me it will be better to complete my projects and have them ready rather than to take orders. Mainly since I have lupus and we never know what or when it�ll flair up.

I beginning to think for the specialty cards not related to the ribbon I�ll do a variety and package them. Then we�ll somehow display one set of them with a sample of what is in each box. Maybe just have the cards displayed in a sleeve like AmandaMay suggested. Something they can pick up and have hands on is what I�ve noticed works well from watching people at craft fairs. I�ve never been a vendor at one but notice how some people pick up and inspect every item.
I just read Donna�s idea with the ribbon and I like that more so than making a box. Thanks! Donna how many cards did you put in a bundle? I plan to make them pretty detailed.
Reply With Quote Likes