Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2023, 07:15 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sell Paper Pumpkin cards at the same price??

Hello All,

I have searched for any post related to my question and finally gave up, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered!

To start, I know the Stampin' Up! Angel Policy and will abide by all the requirements. Also, all of my product is Stampin' Up!, so I don't need to worry about other companies' policies.

My church is having a holiday sale in a few months. The way the sale works is each artist prices their own items and there is a central cashier. The sale runs every Sunday for four weeks. They have done this for several years. The artists aren't usually "manning" their items. I am going to put a bunch of cards in the sale. My daughter suggested that I also make up the Paper Pumpkin kits that I haven't done and put those cards in also. {I know I'd need to add an SU copyright stamp to the back.}

My original plan was to have one card price across the board and a small discount for buying multiple cards. This way I can just tell the cashier that all cards are $X and four cards are $Y. Simple.

Except if I do Paper Pumpkin cards ... I think they should be less expensive, but my daughter disagrees. Also, I often make "bonus" or alternative cards from the leftovers of the PP kits, so those would use some product from my own inventory --- which might require me to have a third price.

Her thinking is that if the cards are all different prices, I'll need to actually label each card with a price and that someone might question (to themselves, probably not to me) why some cards are less expensive. It would also make a discount harder to work in, though I suppose I could do it as a percent off the total if more than a certain number are purchased together.

She also thinks that if the cards are all priced the same, the additional markup on the PP cards might cover a slight reduction in the price of a card that's completely non-PP. So if I was going to sell the non-PP cards for $7 and the PP cards for $5, just sell all of the cards for $6.00. (that's an example, I haven't worked up the materials cost yet, so I don't know what price non-PP cards would be)

Has any one sold Paper Pumpkin Cards ... not the kits, but the finished cards? What did you price them for?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Susie
Kansas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2023, 10:04 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts

I've never sold Paper Pumpkin cards but I agree with your daughter. It keeps things simple for you and your customers.

If you decided to price PP cards differently from your other cards, my suggestion is to make sure they are clearly physically separated from the other cards with clear signs of the two prices. This has the advantage of having less expensive card options for the more budget-minded shopper, but I would still stick to just two price categories, with the option of a discount for buying multiple within one category.

I am a fan of simple systems!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cnsteele:
bzzzeee (08-21-2023), Chinocookie (08-19-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 02:08 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 494 Likes on 273 Posts

Also, if you are not going to be there selling, and you have 2 or more prices, remember people will just put things back anywhere. If you're going to have more than one price, then you need to price them all individually. A central cashier is not going to know which price a card is.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by contrapat:
Chinocookie (08-19-2023), cnsteele (08-18-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 03:09 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts
Smile

I agree with keeping it simple! If you are not comfortable pricing the PP cards the same as the others, you could sell those as a set of 4 or so cards and bag or box them together, maybe as a gift item. But, like your daughter, I don’t see any problem with pricing the cards all the same. If someone likes a card enough to buy it, I don’t think someone unfamiliar with card making will think too much about the cost of the materials or labor that went into creating it. They might feel a connection to the sentiment, images, or colors that to them represents value. Good luck with the event! I hope you report back on how it goes. Welcome to SCS! 😀

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I've never sold Paper Pumpkin cards but I agree with your daughter. It keeps things simple for you and your customers.

If you decided to price PP cards differently from your other cards, my suggestion is to make sure they are clearly physically separated from the other cards with clear signs of the two prices. This has the advantage of having less expensive card options for the more budget-minded shopper, but I would still stick to just two price categories, with the option of a discount for buying multiple within one category.

I am a fan of simple systems!
Reply With Quote Likes