Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber stamp won't stick to MISTI

Getting ready to make some cards...it's been to long! I have a Wood stamp, that I want to use in my MISTI, I took it off the wood....and the foam stuff on the back ripped. I knew it would not stamp correctly so I took all the foam off the back of the rubber. Now it will not stick to the Misti, any ideas?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I bought some bare rubber stamps online a while ago; just to use with my acrylic blocks.

I brushed a very thin coat of Tack it Over and Over on the back and let dry over night. Now they stick to the blocks. I've had a little residue left behind on the block which I didn't love. I managed to clean it off but used things not recommended for cleaning the Misti.

The other option I use with my Stampin' Up cling stamps that don't really cling once you put the included label on the back....I swipe a little of my dotted two way adhesive on the back of the stamp. It clings to stamp, then I can rub off any thing left behind on the blocks with my finger.

Those are my best suggestions, but I don't have a Misti. ( yet..)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Google "EZ Mount foam" ...
There are lots of online stores offering this product. You can apply it to unmounted, bare rubber stamps to create a "cling mount" stamp. This is the same product that cling mount rubber stamps have on the back when we purchase them rather than wood mounted stamps, and works perfectly in our Misti's. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For a quick fix, you can use double stick tape on bare rubber. Just a strip or two, you don't have to cover the stamp completely. I've done this with my acrylic blocks, so it should also work with your Misti.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
For a quick fix, you can use double stick tape on bare rubber. Just a strip or two, you don't have to cover the stamp completely. I've done this with my acrylic blocks, so it should also work with your Misti.
Misti tip here: If you are using bare rubber with a double-stick tape, be sure to use the black insert pad with the Misti.
On the other hand, if you do apply EZ Mount foam cling to the rubber, you won't use the black insert pad with Misti and those stamps. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

FYI-the foam comes in 1/16 and 1/8 inch. I prefer 1/8- thicker. I also use the Tim Holtz scissors to cut it. Most people dont have a problem with the sticky on the scissor but I sure do-I just use goo gone to get it off again. But those scissors are great for that unless a person wanted a hot knife, which I dont know squat about but hear good things.

The cheapest place I have found for the 1/8" foam is 4.45/sheet at 123 stitch unless there is a sale elsewhere. Anyone know a better place? That price jumped from 4.29 in the past year.
cling:
Search Results from 123Stitch.com
scissors:
Tim Holtz Kushgrip Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors 7" - 123Stitch.com

You might do better on the scissors elsewhere, I just grabbed that link b/c it was where I was for the cling.

You can do a LOT of stamps on a sheet. I mount all the time-just did some this afternoon. I save all the bits on one of the backing sheets they come on. Constantly able to use them with smaller stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Here's an easy way to use bare rubber stamps with your MISTI without going to the expense and work of EZ Mount or other glues. I found that Tack 'N Peel is a one and done method. You Tube has a video on how to use Tack 'N Peel. Here's one that shows how to use TNP on a clear block. Using it on MISTI is quite similar only instead of putting in on a clear block, you are putting it on a piece of cling vinyl that has been placed on the inside cover of the MISTI. Tack n' Peel - purpleoniondesigns

Tack 'N Peel is a reusable cling sheet made by Tsukineko. It is approximately 4 x 6-1/2 inches. Two pieces of TNP placed side by side will be 8 x 6-1/2 inches which will fit the inside door/cover of the MISTI. Take an 8-1/2 x 6-1/2 inch sheet of cling vinyl and place it on the inside of the MISTI cover. Peel off the yellow liner from the TNP and place onto the cling vinyl to fit inside the MISTI cover. The other side of the TNP has a clear liner on it. Remove it but do not discard it. You can now place your bare rubber onto the exposed side and begin stamping. When finished stamping, remove the stamp and replace the saved clear liner to protect the surface until ready to use again. You can then remove the vinyl from the MISTI and set it aside to use when you next want to stamp with bare rubber. I suggest you place the vinyl + TNP on the paper that the vinyl was on and store in a cut-to-size file folder so it will be available to use again. You can restore tackiness and clean the TNP by wiping the surface with a wet cloth or rinsing with water and allow to air dry. TNP should be stored away from heat and direct sunlight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find myself using the repositional tape, just run it down the back of the stamp. Use the stamp and easy to remove the tape both from the back of the stamp and any that gets left on Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for all your suggestions. I wanted to stamp right away (of course) and in my haste, tore the foam on the back. The Arleenes tack it over again worked perfectly. I have the cleaner ment for the MISTI, and it cleaned it perfectly. I am going to look into that Tack'n peel, it looks to easy. I still have dozens of wood stamps to remove....looks like I am doing them one at a time!
Reply With Quote Likes