Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my sister to pick me up the last 3 today. They are awesome! I will be going back this weekend for more! If you can get them, take them- ALL OF THEM!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

I know they are a little more, but www.craftlocker.com has an awesome storage unit! By the time you bought a few of the plastic ones at Target you could get this one. I'm going to be ordering one today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

Thanks Jazz for the tip. I don't give up, do I? I went to three other Targets yesterday and wasted the whole day because none of them had the ribbon organizers. They did have the ornament storage containers so I am sure someone took all of the ribbon organizers, LOL. I'll keep trying. I checked into CraftLockers as the previous poster mentioned and it looks GREAT! However it would cost me over 50 dollars to get one (with shipping), so I will just have to keep looking. Meanwhile, my ribbon collection is multiplying! I'm addicted to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 07:39 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Default Finding Ribbon Organizers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnywl
Thanks Jazz for the tip. I don't give up, do I? I went to three other Targets yesterday and wasted the whole day because none of them had the ribbon organizers. They did have the ornament storage containers so I am sure someone took all of the ribbon organizers, LOL. I'll keep trying. I checked into CraftLockers as the previous poster mentioned and it looks GREAT! However it would cost me over 50 dollars to get one (with shipping), so I will just have to keep looking. Meanwhile, my ribbon collection is multiplying! I'm addicted to them.

I would check with each Target and see which day they get their shipments in. That will give you a better idea about when to go back to the store. I went back to our Target yesterday and they had restocked the oranizers again (3rd time that I know of). If our Target can keep getting in shipments, yours should also. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just recently purchased my CraftLocker Ribbon Storage locker and absolutely love it. I was lucky enough to find someone who sells them on eBay and lives near me so I didn't have to pay shipping. I got mine for $35.99 plus tax. If you live near the Everett, WA area, I would be happy to hook you up!

I've checked the Targets in my area (Lynnwood, Everett) and neither carries the Rubbermaid ribbon storage thing...or at least if they do, they're out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #46  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell
I just recently purchased my CraftLocker Ribbon Storage locker and absolutely love it. I was lucky enough to find someone who sells them on eBay and lives near me so I didn't have to pay shipping. I got mine for $35.99 plus tax. If you live near the Everett, WA area, I would be happy to hook you up!

I've checked the Targets in my area (Lynnwood, Everett) and neither carries the Rubbermaid ribbon storage thing...or at least if they do, they're out.
I just bought two at the Target in Everett (Everett Mall Way) on Sunday. They were in the back of the store, across from the toys. Look right around where the luggage is. They were on an end-cap with the ornament ones, also. How many spools of ribbon does the CraftLocker hold? I have been thinking about getting one of these, too. I think I already bookmarked the site for them. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

I went to Target ~ I had high hopes ~ I only bought one. :( They "appear" to be much smaller than they are. It is only about 12 inches across and it is neat, but if you have a lot of ribbon I think that the CraftLocker, at least for me, will be the best thing. I'm going to use mine for Christmas tags and ribbon, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Another suggestion

I am IN LOVE with my Snapware Ribbon Organizer from Target (and other places) but I found this organizer and thought it was rather simple and more elegant than the Snapware ones. I just wanted to post it in case someone was looking for something a bit fancier.

It is from The Home Marketplace and retails for $15.95
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Ribbon Organizer

I'm sure someone has posted something similar to this in the past, but if you have LOTS of ribbon you need to store, the picture below is a ribbon storage unit my DH built for me. Just a rectangle and then he drilled holes in the sides to insert the wooden dowels. Put the wood worker in your household to work on something you will use & love! ;)
Attached Thumbnails
Ribbon Organizers-ribbon-organizer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #50  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got back from Target & bought three of them. They hold alot more than I thought they would so I am going to be nice & give one to my sister who is a newbie to stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #51  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
I just got back from Target & bought three of them. They hold alot more than I thought they would so I am going to be nice & give one to my sister who is a newbie to stamping.
You are such a sweetie! Much nicer than me~ I kept all 3 of mine & am wanting more. :p

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbound
You are such a sweetie! Much nicer than me~ I kept all 3 of mine & am wanting more. :p
Me too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4
I just bought two at the Target in Everett (Everett Mall Way) on Sunday. They were in the back of the store, across from the toys. Look right around where the luggage is. They were on an end-cap with the ornament ones, also. How many spools of ribbon does the CraftLocker hold? I have been thinking about getting one of these, too. I think I already bookmarked the site for them. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. It's hard to say how many spools the CraftLocker ones holds because it depends on the size of the spools. I'd say on average each shelf (there are 3) holds about 12-14 spools of Michael's sized ribbon across the front. Plus there's plenty of room in the back of the shelf, behind the spools to store more. I have individual yards of ribbon wrapped on large floss cards and have them stored behind my spools. I now have a TON of ribbon in my organizer and I can just close the doors, lock it and go. Very, very cool. Like I said, let me know if you want me to hook you up with the person in Everett. She was very pleasant to deal with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2005, 05:43 AM   #54  
Mad Swapper

I just bought three of these at Target! I still want a craftlocker though. Maybe santa will bring me one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2005, 05:14 AM   #55  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

But see I have a motive, she drew my name for Christmas !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2005, 05:53 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a craft locker and I don't care for it. It is a little flimsier than I thought and if your row is not full of ribbon (like when I run out because that is the only time) all the other spools fall over and then the ends pull out of the slots. The drawers are shallow too and I keep forgetting that so if I pull a drawer out to put a roll in or take out for a class, the drawer falls out. I just hate that. I'm always saying to myself that I paid way too much for the craft locker.

Question on the Target one - do you have to use the dowel? Can you just sit the ribbon in without it? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2005, 06:22 AM   #57  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
But see I have a motive, she drew my name for Christmas !
LOL,
so you're not only a sweetie but you're BRILLIANT!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie
I have a craft locker and I don't care for it. It is a little flimsier than I thought and if your row is not full of ribbon (like when I run out because that is the only time) all the other spools fall over and then the ends pull out of the slots. The drawers are shallow too and I keep forgetting that so if I pull a drawer out to put a roll in or take out for a class, the drawer falls out. I just hate that. I'm always saying to myself that I paid way too much for the craft locker.

Question on the Target one - do you have to use the dowel? Can you just sit the ribbon in without it? Just wondering.
You know, I have been thinking the same thing. I will take mine off the dowel and try it. The only thing is the spools would kind of rollback and forth without the dowel to hold them in place. And then the ends might pull out of the slots. I have a little double stick tape on it now to hold the ends in place. I understand the Craftlocker is slanted to keep the from doing that. I'll let you know if it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #59  
SCS RAK Coordinator Alumna

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie*B
I'm sure someone has posted something similar to this in the past, but if you have LOTS of ribbon you need to store, the picture below is a ribbon storage unit my DH built for me. Just a rectangle and then he drilled holes in the sides to insert the wooden dowels. Put the wood worker in your household to work on something you will use & love! ;)

I was working on a design, but mind if I use yours? Looks great! I was going to make a box or two, but I love the open idea you have. TIA!!!

:-).

BRAK Volunteer The Birthday RAK is always accepting new members- check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes