Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Request for some simple help - please!

I am not sure if this would be the right forum to request this, but here I go anyways! I am thinking of creating a 'name frame' for all the guests of my daughter's Sept. 30th wedding. I am contemplating buying the L-O-V-E, monogram alphabets the first of April and then creating, embellishing, the word "love" into the ever so popular name frames. Anyhow, my request is for anyone...if you have any one of these letters or all of the letters L-O-V-E, would you mind stamping ONE of each letter, so I am play/practice and see if I can come up with a plan of attack, before I actually invest in these letters. These letters will serve me no purpose after the wedding so I would like to practice and be sure I really want to invest in them. The letters could be stamped in the basic black for now. So my request is, if you have purchased any of the lettes L or O or V or E, would you mind stamping it one time and sending it to : Phyllis Zart, 1140 Garman Rd., Akron, OH 44313 (e-mail is [email protected] )? I simply need 1 of each letter, just to play around with it. Thank you so much. I will RAK you back!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #2  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Have you thought about the letters that everyone is using from Wal Mart...They are not actually stamps but they serve the purpose and do stamp a nice image...Plus, the price is unbeatable...I have a sample of the T in my gallery...Check it out you may like them better.

Wal Mart Monogram letter "T"
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I had no idea

I haven't heard about those alphabets???? Are they also rubber stamps? Please share more info. I checked the link you shared and I am thinking that size could work. Phyllis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #4  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by phylliszart
I haven't heard about those alphabets???? Are they also rubber stamps? Please share more info. I checked the link you shared and I am thinking that size could work. Phyllis
Actually they are foam but if you use craft they work really well...Then you could also easily emboss the letter. They were only $.88 cents but last week when I picked up an "H" they had went up to $.97 cents which is still super cheap!

They are in the craft section at Wal Mart and they have other shapes as well...My WM has actually moved them to the Scrapbook section since that was who they appealed to most.
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also computer-generate the letters using the Times New Roman font. The size would be about 400.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

you can also use the foam and heat and impress with something to make them um textured (another stamp or a leaf or a key or what have you)
for a dollar you might as well experiment
warm gently with your heat gun and then use a background stamp NOT WORDS unless you enjoy them backwords
and then you have VOILA
a Paisley letter

betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default computer fonts??

I have seen the great things people have done with the computer fonts enlarged, but when I tried to do that I couldn't go up that high to enlarge a letter. Is there some secret that this "not-so-computer-smart" girl needs to know in order to do that? Phyllis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

To get up into the hundreds of point sizes, you have to type it in manually. when I'm using ms word at home, one of the toolbars on the top of the screen has a pull-down menu that shows the current point size and allows you select one of the point sizes in the drop-down list. if you highlight the current point size (so it is blue background with white text) you can type in 400 or any other integer and your selected text will become that size. i hope that made some kind of sense.

and I have been out of the loop wrt the big letters from wmrt! i've seen those letters and couldn't figure out what in heck to do with them, but now i think i'll track them down again and pick up a couple. tfs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Thanks for the help!!

Mahlouel......OMG, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Yes, it made sense and yes I am now playing around creating various letters and sizes! I think you just saved me some money!!! THANK YOU!!!! What is your address, I would love to send you a real thank you!! Phyllis
Reply With Quote Likes