Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply from SU re option of unmounted stamps

I sent an email to SU to ask about the possibility of having unmounted stamps in the future since I don't have room for all the wood mounted stamps and this is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding the future availability of unmounted stamps. At Stampin� Up!, we strive to provide the highest quality products we can to our demonstrators and customers. We are aware of trends in the rubber stamp industry, and have investigated such options as unmounted stamps and blocks.

There are pros and cons to any new trend, and we recognize there may be some perceived advantages to unmounted blocks and stamps. However, as a company, we have determined that the advantages do not outweigh the disadvantages of acrylic at this time.

Because we want our demonstrators and customers to have the best experience possible in creating your stamped projects, we want to provide the best stamps possible. Traditional rubber still provides the best quality in your stamped images. Our wood blocks are supplied by a responsible grower, and wood is always a biodegradable and renewable resource. Because we know that we can provide you with high-quality stamps with this time-tested method, we study many factors before considering any product of this nature that would so significantly impact our demonstrators, your businesses, and your customers.

We will continue to investigate and study new trends in the stamping industry, and will continue to provide you with the highest quality products that you�ve come to expect from Stampin� Up!

Thank you again for your e-mail. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Stampin' Up!�
Demonstrator Support
Tim Lewis

I still would like to have the option of having them unmounted. I know they say the disadvantage outweigh the advantages but I would hope they would keep that up to each customer's personal situation in the future. I'll still purchase them, of course, but it would be nice to have the option.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forum Fanatic

Mr. Lewis doesn't come and say it outright, but his comment about the superiority of rubber stamps indicates to me he immediately assumed you were asking them to switch to photopolymer clear stamps. In your letter to SU, did you make any specific mention of clear stamps, or just stamps for unmounted use without wood? If the latter, I think it's pretty surprising the reply from SU didn't acknowledge UM rubber stampers, and assumed the only alternative to wood mounted stamps was clear photopolymer stamps.
Forum Fanatic

BTW, I'm still waiting on a response (if any is forthcoming) from SU on my suggestion that they could market a visually distinctive form of Thin EZ Mount for unmounted rubber stampers to use, where instead of having the cling side be grey or black, it could be SU blue. Maybe they're trying to figure out why anyone woudl want to put photopolymer stamps on EZ Mount. ;)
Glitter Guru

I'm with Mahloumel, it really sounds like they just assumed you meant clear stamps, I don't think unmounted rubber even came into it, perhaps because they think they ARE selling unmounted rubber stamps. It is just that some don't want to buy the wooden blocks that come with their unmounted rubber, or adhesive on the back!
Stazon Splitcoast

This is my email to him. I said they didn't have to be clear, just unmounted.

Will you ever be offering unmounted stamps as an option. I know there are people who are die hard wood mounts. I like my wood mounts but I am discovering that unmounted is pretty cool. You can line them up much easier. They wouldn't even have to be clear. I am currently in the process of unmounting my stamps, Stampin Up stamps included and I can store all my stamps in a few 3 ring binders where as now I have a few boxes of stamps in my stamping area and the rest are stored away. I just don't have the room. Please consider this idea of even giving people the option of unmounted...it seems to be the wave of the future.
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for posting your original mail to SU. I guess I did get a reply to my suggestion, but they weren't able to give any definitive comments to my email. SU replied really quickly to my message, and I think it's great they put such importance on prompt responses. I'm pasting SU's response to my suggestion to the Thin EZ Mount below:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments about the EZ-Mount. We sincerely appreciate you making us aware of your feedback. We have passed your suggestion along to the appropriate department for further review and future consideration, but are unable to advise you as to whether it will be implemented or whether such plans are currently in the works.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. Please let us know if you have additional questions or comments."

I guess at least they didn't say they will definitely NOT be considering going to woodless stamp sets....
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Thanks for posting your original mail to SU. I guess I did get a reply to my suggestion, but they weren't able to give any definitive comments to my email. SU replied really quickly to my message, and I think it's great they put such importance on prompt responses. I'm pasting SU's response to my suggestion to the Thin EZ Mount below:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments about the EZ-Mount. We sincerely appreciate you making us aware of your feedback. We have passed your suggestion along to the appropriate department for further review and future consideration, but are unable to advise you as to whether it will be implemented or whether such plans are currently in the works.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. Please let us know if you have additional questions or comments."

I guess at least they didn't say they will definitely NOT be considering going to woodless stamp sets....
just FYI - that is a generic form - they simply have the basics and then insert whatever your suggestion is - in this case EZ-Mount...

I got the same thing a few months ago when I sent in a suggestion...
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
I got the same thing a few months ago when I sent in a suggestion...
I *thought* it sounded a little canned; that's why I was waiting for another reply before posting it here. Now I know it *was* canned! Did they ever get back to you about your suggestion? (Maybe by sending you a big fat cheque for your idea? :mrgreen:
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol, just write him back to clarify your request. "Dear Mr. Lewis, thank you so much for your prompt reply; however, my request is for the option of purchasing JUST the rubber stamp, without the blocks included." yada yada yada...
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is the response that I received today....italics mine...

Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments and suggestion. We sincerely appreciate you making us aware of your interest in having sets available unmounted. We have passed your suggestion along to the appropriate department, but are unable to advise you as to whether it will be implemented or whether such plans are currently in the works.

Thank you again for your input and your continued support of Stampin' Up! If you have additional suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact us again. Have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,

Demonstrator Support
Stampin' Up!
Libby Slem
Pearl-ExPert

you could just not mount your stamps. I personally like mine the way they are. I like that they coem as sets and I Like that I don't have to keep buying blocks to fit my stamp or go looking for the block to fit the stamp when I want to stamp. Then of course theres the frustration of trying to make it stick every time, it does lose its stickiness
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeyoustampin
you could just not mount your stamps. I personally like mine the way they are. I like that they coem as sets and I Like that I don't have to keep buying blocks to fit my stamp or go looking for the block to fit the stamp when I want to stamp. Then of course theres the frustration of trying to make it stick every time, it does lose its stickiness

It's true that we could make the personal decision to just not mount our stamps .. but wouldn't it be great if we got a price break because we didn't buy the wood?
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do we have to go here AGAIN?

SU is doing just fine with wood mounted. If you absolutely cannot deal with the blocks, then take your business to a company who doesn't have them. End of story.

Sorry to be so blunt. I'm sick and tired of all this arguing. It's like we need two separate SCS sites for the two camps.
Die Cut Diva

Mahloumel, thanks for asking them specifically what we have been asking for. I think that the fact that they assume we are asking for clear means maybe they really don't know that we just want to eliminate the wood with no other changes, so that we can save $ and trees and space!
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie

SU is doing just fine with wood mounted. If you absolutely cannot deal with the blocks, then take your business to a company who doesn't have them. End of story.

Sorry to be so blunt. I'm sick and tired of all this arguing. It's like we need two separate SCS sites for the two camps.

Well said!!
Hardware Hotshot

Talking

Quote:

I had to laugh....I wanted to say something but didn't wanna get "flamed " on!!! If ya don't want the blocks..throw them out..use them as firewood...give them to a homeless person as firewood...or just don't buy them! I'm wondering if all these people shouting "Save The Trees" are driving gas guzzling(spelling???) SUV's???? I love my wood mounted rubber stamps!!!They are far superior to anything out there(SU or non-SU). Now...Flame On!!!! I know...give the blocks to kids to use as building blocks!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

ITA! Thanks for sayin' what many are thinkin'!;)
Die Cut Diva

Hey, has anybody seen that weasel? I know he was just near this mulberry bush a minute ago...

~the monkey:mrgreen:
Kookie Creator

Quote:

In all of the responses I read, it didn't seem like anyone was arguing. It's important to send suggestions to companies in hopes of getting them to respond to your needs as a consumer (if customer suggestions weren't wanted, I would think SU would state that clearly on their website). If many SU consumers want unmounted, they should let the company know. Lots of people really like the SU designs, but want them unmounted (to save the cost of the wood they won't use). Telling these customers to take their business elsewhere seems a little counterproductive.

River City Rubberworks offers all their red rubber stamps as wood mounted or unmounted -- customer's choice. Perhaps if enough SU consumers want that option and send that suggestion to SU, the company will offer it as well. There's nothing wrong with suggesting change.
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iheartstamping
In all of the responses I read, it didn't seem like anyone was arguing. It's important to send suggestions to companies in hopes of getting them to respond to your needs as a consumer (if customer suggestions weren't wanted, I would think SU would state that clearly on their website). If many SU consumers want unmounted, they should let the company know. Lots of people really like the SU designs, but want them unmounted (to save the cost of the wood they won't use). Telling these customers to take their business elsewhere seems a little counterproductive.

River City Rubberworks offers all their red rubber stamps as wood mounted or unmounted -- customer's choice. Perhaps if enough SU consumers want that option and send that suggestion to SU, the company will offer it as well. There's nothing wrong with suggesting change.
They were referring to the other 3 threads that were going around about this. It got a little heated. Yes, there would have to be a high demand for them or asking for it and I'm not sure it will be that much cheaper, but it is a matter of preference. I will leave it at that and go back to stamping. Thanks!
Hardware Hotshot

Interesting.... my reason for wanting unmounted sets is so that

a) my husband will not complain that I "have too many stamps" (more stamps yet less space!)
b) prices would not necessarily have to "increase" but rather possibly decrease for those that take the unmounted no wood weight purchased option!

I like the images, I'm a demo, I'm gonna buy either way -

Here's another idea - rather than pissing off my possible customers by telling them not to buy my stamps - let them ask any questions they want as frequently as they want!

off my stump now...
Crimping Master

I again continue to be amazed at how people seem to attack anyone who brings up the idea of "unmounted" or making personal suggestions to SU! I would think that anyone who is a demo or supports SU! would also support the people buying the stamps who may just want to express things that they want. Personally...I think that these negative posts in these threads are not very professional and turn people off. It will be interesting to see if SU! will notice a difference in customers with the price increase and not offering the "options" that other companies are starting to offer. This site is full of people's opinions and it is sad when it gets to the point that people appear to attack one another.
Stampin' Fool

I know that there has been alot of discussion on this topic lately. Thank you to the original poster who only wanted to post what the SU response was.
Stampin' Fool

When you look at SU's worldwide customer base the couple dozen talking about unmounted on here probably is just a drop in the bucket. Not saying that your requests/wants aren't valid but in the grand scheme of things is there really that much of a market for it. Does that make sense? (it did in my tired little brain!)

Also, it appears that SU is addressing what people are writing in about. Not saying they'll "never" do it but at this time it's not in the cards. (totally paraphrasing)

So, then I guess there's a choice to be made - either buy the stamps as SU is selling them now and find another use for the wood blocks you don't want or don't buy from SU anymore.
Die Cut Diva

I don't think anyone is trying to piss anyone off, we've had quite a few threads on this very topic and it's been hashed and rehashed, people have discussed and learned some things, etc. The OP was just updating to let everyone know what response she got. I guess the problem is nobody feels like seeing another 6 page thread started which will be filled with reasons why SU should offer options which other companies (ctmh, tac) do not. Wood mounted is SU's *thing* just as clear is CTMH's and UM is TAC.

It's been discussed and if you look a page or so back you can see the treads(s) filled with reasons why/why not, some good discussions, etc. Unfortunately some people, no matter what user name they happen to be using at the moment, just can't let things go. I don't think that was the OP's purpose in starting this thread but unfortunately that's what ends up happening.

If you want to write, write but SU isn't going to see it here. If SU is not meeting your needs there are companies that offer UM, SU is not currently one of them. As soon as TAC and CTMH start offering options I'll feel SU should, right now, they've found their niche, IMO. If you have issues about killing trees for the wood, then you know, maybe PAPER crafts aren't for you...:-D
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ummm...excuse me? I didn't PM you or bother you with any questions of mine and don't appreciate your "bluntness". If you are not interested in this thread or have nothing constructive to add then don't read the thread. I clearly stated what the thread was about in my title. I don't think anybody was arguing until you posted. Usually I have come across very nice people at this website until now. There's no need to be this rude. If you absolutely cannot deal with other people's opinions then take a social skills class and learn to deal.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychkim
I again continue to be amazed at how people seem to attack anyone who brings up the idea of "unmounted" or making personal suggestions to SU! I would think that anyone who is a demo or supports SU! would also support the people buying the stamps who may just want to express things that they want. Personally...I think that these negative posts in these threads are not very professional and turn people off. It will be interesting to see if SU! will notice a difference in customers with the price increase and not offering the "options" that other companies are starting to offer. This site is full of people's opinions and it is sad when it gets to the point that people appear to attack one another.
Another nail hit squarely on the head!
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry to offend everyone. Thanks for the fun. I won't be posting anymore.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappin31
When you look at SU's worldwide customer base the couple dozen talking about unmounted on here probably is just a drop in the bucket. Not saying that your requests/wants aren't valid but in the grand
You haven't been in stamp stores lately? The walls are filled with unmounted and many stores have discontinued wood altogether. It is a trend, not a couple dozen just talking here.
Hardware Hotshot

Just wondering...I had someone tell me last year that the cost of a rubber stamp was pennies!!! He was surprised that we paid what we did for a single stamp...can anyone dispute this for me??????And if ya'll think this is an attack...you really need to visit the Current Events threads!!!!
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
You haven't been in stamp stores lately? The walls are filled with unmounted and many stores have discontinued wood altogether. It is a trend, not a couple dozen just talking here.
boy dot, you just don't quit....:rolleyes:

I'm off to bed ladies before this thread turns into yet ANOTHER discussion of dot's friends and no longer available stamping articles.

I just want to say my post was not directed at the OP and I don't know that anyone else's was either.
Hardware Hotshot

... just a note and then the thread may carry on

Not everyone sees every thread. I get on every other day or so and can't hit everything. Some times I'm in the Demo area, other times chatting, or looking at techniques. Even if a post is hot, it eventually drops off the first few pages. If you aren't there at the right time, it may not appear that a topic has been repeated a lot.....

We see something that interests us - we post. This topic was new to me. Sorry!
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
I sent an email to SU to ask about the possibility of having unmounted stamps in the future since I don't have room for all the wood mounted stamps and this is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding the future availability of unmounted stamps. At Stampin� Up!, we strive to provide the highest quality products we can to our demonstrators and customers. We are aware of trends in the rubber stamp industry, and have investigated such options as unmounted stamps and blocks.

There are pros and cons to any new trend, and we recognize there may be some perceived advantages to unmounted blocks and stamps. However, as a company, we have determined that the advantages do not outweigh the disadvantages of acrylic at this time.

Because we want our demonstrators and customers to have the best experience possible in creating your stamped projects, we want to provide the best stamps possible. Traditional rubber still provides the best quality in your stamped images. Our wood blocks are supplied by a responsible grower, and wood is always a biodegradable and renewable resource. Because we know that we can provide you with high-quality stamps with this time-tested method, we study many factors before considering any product of this nature that would so significantly impact our demonstrators, your businesses, and your customers.

We will continue to investigate and study new trends in the stamping industry, and will continue to provide you with the highest quality products that you�ve come to expect from Stampin� Up!

Thank you again for your e-mail. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Stampin' Up!�
Demonstrator Support
Tim Lewis

I still would like to have the option of having them unmounted. I know they say the disadvantage outweigh the advantages but I would hope they would keep that up to each customer's personal situation in the future. I'll still purchase them, of course, but it would be nice to have the option.
I know people who take the foam backing off and just use the rubber on clear blocks. They say it works fine. It would be just like using the Bella's.

Alice
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
boy dot, you just don't quit....:rolleyes:

I'm off to bed ladies before this thread turns into yet ANOTHER discussion of dot's friends and no longer available stamping articles.

I just want to say my post was not directed at the OP and I don't know that anyone else's was either.
I think you may have connected the wrong quote on the wrong thread. There is no dot on this thread.
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I'm just being a *woman of mystery* again...;)
Die Cut Diva

I was just talking with someone by PM who hadn't see the other thread, here it is for anyone who would like to read it, lots of interesting stuff...

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I think you may have connected the wrong quote on the wrong thread. There is no dot on this thread.
Nope, she did dot, I mean not.:p
Die Cut Diva

This is a new tactic to derail a thread you don't like LOL? Become cryptic and speak in an odd language. Oh, well.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Nope, she did dot, I mean not.:p
***SPEW***
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

This is a new tactic to derail a thread you don't like LOL? Become cryptic and speak in an odd language. Oh, well.
Who said I didn't like the thread?? I am glad that Carol sent her request to SU, I know they are listening and if it is in the best interest of the company, they will change.

On another note, my mom has a friend who shops in our LSS and she told me that our store has very few unmounted stamps, just thought you might like to know.