Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Removing Aleen's Tack It Over & Over?

I unmounted some old wood mount stamps and decided to try Aleen's TIO&O instead of putting them on cling. I don't like the result. For me, it's just too sticky, I find everything sticks to it - dust, hair, everything. So now I know it isn't for me and that's useful, but I want to remove it so I can put the stamps on cling. Everything online says use rubbing alcohol. I have tried, and the stamps are still stubbornly sticky. It is not coming off. Or rather, it seems to come off, but when the rubbing alcohol dries the rubber is still tacky.

What should I use? Or should I just stick them on the cling with the residue of TIO&O still on the back of the stamps? (There's no lumps or bumps of glue, it's very smooth, but I wonder if the TIO&O and the glue on the cling foam shouldn't be in contact with one another for some reason.)

Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you remove all the glue from the cling before you applied the TIOO? If not, that is probably what the rubbing alcohol cannot remove. You might try something like Un-Do or Goo-Gone to remove the remaining glue on the rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

The stamps were very clean and not sticky before I applied the TIOO. They'd come off the wood mount cling very easily and I got what little was left with adhesive eraser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

If you've gotten it off as best you can, and as long as it isn't lumpy, you should just be able to mount them on the EZ Mount cling. I haven't done it with the TIO&O residue, but I have done it with regular sticky stamp residue that just wouldn't come off all the way and I've not noticed any ill effects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Thanks! :-)! I guess I'll just get them as clean as I can and stick them on the EZ mount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

did you try GooGone? It usually removes all the sticky residues.. but I don't have TIOO to try it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I'll try that next. I did manage to get basically all of it off the stamps I really wanted to save and got them on cling. Some of the others I unmounted for the heck of it because I never use them. And fooling around with them over this glue thing, I can see why I don't. I'm asking myself why I am bothering.

This whole thing has been a big experiment for me. I have never unmounted a stamp, and have little experience working with bare rubber. So I did get to try the TIOO (I can honestly say I would rather use Tombow, that TIOO is so gluey), and I did get to lay out some stamps on cling and powder it down and cut them out. Very different from cutting a full sheet, which is all I've done up to now. Live and learn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

When you do the goo gone, have a little bowl of soapy water nearby and toss the bare rubber into it to make sure you get the goo gone off. The GG sometimes leaves a bit of an oily residue and it will make your EZ Mount not stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Thanks, Cheryl! :-)!

I had been thinking of unmounting at least some of my wood mounts for some time and this last two days has been quite an education. Glad I did not start with my favs, but instead with some old hand-me-down sets.
Reply With Quote Likes