Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2024, 04:44 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneDevotedDameView Post

The Platinum Six receives such great praise. <3 What was the deciding factor for you?

(Oh, and I really like Scrapbook.com's customer service; they truly make things right, if there are any issues at all.)

Please post again if you get it, Miss Susan, and what you think! Since I have literally zero experience with any of these machines, I kinda feel like *anything* I have to say about it would be mostly irrelevant. lol You know, just in the general newbie/novice way that totally comes with lack of experience.

Any idea how long Bira's had theirs out? Assuming Bira was the first; I really don't even know that much.

Deciding factor. I asked here on SCS and then I asked on Unity Show and Tell Facebook page what everyone is using and recommending. I went to Scrapbook.com and they were having a wonderful sale. So I picked one. Very happy with Spellbinders 6
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lesliespringer:
OneDevotedDame (02-04-2024), whim6915 (02-04-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 04:25 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Heart Love my new Bira!!!

I just wanted to report that I received my BiraBira 6 inch die cutting machine today. And I’m in love! Only having to deal with two plates is soooo nice. I’ve owned and used a Cuttlebug (loved but it died of old age), a Sizzix Big Shot,, a Gemini, a Stampin Up mini, and a Vagabond. The Bira is beating them all for ease of use so far: place your paper and die or EF between the same 2 plates and quickly check the knobs and cut. No switching plates, adding shims, or fumbling with multi-layered sandwiches. The first die cut I made required no adjustments to the recommended knob settings. The first embossing folder I used was between a 2D and 3D thickness. I put the top knob on the 3D setting and loosened the bottom knob to two. Perfect! Using the Bira is very intuitive if you’ve done a lot of die cutting through the past 15+ yrs, as I have. Fingers crossed that this machine continues to perform so well!

Barb Cards made 2021 #369 2020: #324 2019: #286 2018: #169 2017: #276 2016: #389 2015: #415 2014: #342
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by barbfarmd:
fl_beachbum (02-08-2024), gammawly (02-07-2024), OneDevotedDame (02-07-2024), whim6915 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 06:53 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 473 Likes on 351 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbfarmdView Post
I just wanted to report that I received my BiraBira 6 inch die cutting machine today. And I’m in love! Only having to deal with two plates is soooo nice. I’ve owned and used a Cuttlebug (loved but it died of old age), a Sizzix Big Shot,, a Gemini, a Stampin Up mini, and a Vagabond. The Bira is beating them all for ease of use so far: place your paper and die or EF between the same 2 plates and quickly check the knobs and cut. No switching plates, adding shims, or fumbling with multi-layered sandwiches. The first die cut I made required no adjustments to the recommended knob settings. The first embossing folder I used was between a 2D and 3D thickness. I put the top knob on the 3D setting and loosened the bottom knob to two. Perfect! Using the Bira is very intuitive if you’ve done a lot of die cutting through the past 15+ yrs, as I have. Fingers crossed that this machine continues to perform so well!
Thank you so much for the review, Barb. I just ordered mine! I'll report back when I get it.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
barbfarmd (02-08-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 08:07 PM   #44  
Inking Addict

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Quote:

I just wanted to report that I received my BiraBira 6 inch die cutting machine today. And I’m in love!
Ooooh! When did you order yours? I ordered mine the evening of February 2nd; USPS says it's comin' on the 9th.

Quote:

Using the Bira is very intuitive if you’ve done a lot of die cutting through the past 15+ yrs, as I have.
I'm hoping it'll be great for a novice, too. I have never before operated or owned a die cutting machine. If you have *any* tips you'd like to share, as it relates to the Bira, I'll gobble 'em right up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
Thank you so much for the review, Barb. I just ordered mine! I'll report back when I get it.
Oooh, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the machine, too, Miss Susan!!!

Edited to add (02/08/2024):
My machine came early today!!! I started a new thread, to avoid hijacking Miss Leslie's thread, and to continue our discussion on adjustable roller machines. That thread is here, for those interested.

Last edited by OneDevotedDame; 02-08-2024 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Update & Link to New Thread
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
whim6915 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 12:24 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 473 Likes on 351 Posts

My Bira machine has arrived. So far I think it's terrific. I've tested it with 2D and 3D embossing folders and had better results than I've ever had before just because I can do those subtle pressure adjustments (without having to play around with figuring out shims). I plan on mainly using it for embossing as my Big Shot is all set up for die cutting with a magnetic plate and I'm very happy with that.

I see from the previous post that OneDevotedDame has started a separate thread for adjustable roller machines so I'll put my comment there as well.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by susanbri:
OneDevotedDame (02-21-2024), whim6915 (02-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 02:37 PM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you use CTMH thin set dyes with the adjustable Bira dye machine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2024, 06:43 PM   #47  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonbenoitView Post
Can you use CTMH thin set dyes with the adjustable Bira dye machine?
I don't have any CTMH thin dies, but I have a small collection of thin dies from lots of other brands, and every single one of them works perfectly on the Bira's standard die cut settings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2024, 11:39 AM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneDevotedDameView Post
Miss Leslie, thank you SO MUCH for starting this thread! There are sooo many awesome machine threads, but this is the first time I ran across Bira's machine, mentioned by Trew:

I cannot thank you enough, Trew, for posting this. This is my first post here (hi!); I felt compelled to send my gratitude. <3

I had my heart set on a Tonic Tangerine, beginning in Spring 2022. Nearly had one in my hot little hands in December 2022 (it shattered to pieces at the warehouse before shipping), and was just told by Tonic a few days ago, that they have no estimated time of arrival. I was willing to wait a year but it's now working on 2 years. I've never had a die cutting machine before, and have only been cardmaking since 2021, but I'd love to have an embosser/die cutter.

Anyway, I nearly pulled the trigger on a large format Spellbinders Platinum, when I saw this thread. I haven't ordered the Bira 9" machine yet (waiting for February; gotta stick to the budget, lol), but after watching a Jennifer McGuire video reviewing Gina K's 6" machine, I made a comparison chart with Bira and Spellbinders, and the Bira came out on top.

A huge hug and many, many thanks to all y'all here at SCS. <3
Amazon and Walmart both have the Bira 9" for $149 & with free shipping. The internal gears are metal and the machine has been out for awhile and as another poster noted there are very good reviews. I was waiting for the Gina K to come back in stock but I think the larger size and lower cost makes the Bira the winner. I'm ordering it today!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by love retirement:
OneDevotedDame (04-26-2024), whim6915 (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 06:26 PM   #49  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by love retirementView Post
Amazon and Walmart both have the Bira 9" for $149 & with free shipping. The internal gears are metal and the machine has been out for awhile and as another poster noted there are very good reviews. I was waiting for the Gina K to come back in stock but I think the larger size and lower cost makes the Bira the winner. I'm ordering it today!
Oooooh! Let us know what you think!

I started a thread for the Bira (and other adjustable machines) here, so pop on over, if you haven't already. We'd love to have you!
Reply With Quote Likes