Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave the inside blank and place a signed note card inside. I sign or initial the backs.

Proud Member of the Fan Club
My Blog: Karen's Stampin' Place
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflakeView Post
I put clear photo corners inside and slip my greeting there. If the recipient wishes they may cut a piece of paper the same size and pass it on.
Ditto that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca EdnieView Post
I'm afraid I don't really understand why you wouldn't sign your own creation. Tf you painted a canvas you would sign it right? Just because you want someone to reuse it doesn't mean you can't sign it. Haven't you ever given someone a gift you didn't make yourself? I say sign the card. Someone you give it to can still re-use it. To me signing a card you didn't make is like taking credit for someone else's work; passing it off as your own. Unless of course you mean signing the INSIDE of the card. Up til now, I am referring to signing the back, like an artist's signature. Are we talking about signing the inside like you would a store-bought card, or signing the back as the artist?
Unless otherwise explicitly stated they are referring to the back, I think everyone is referring to not signing the inside of the card as the sender of the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Love these ideas! Why not stamp a post-it then write a not, it's a little fancier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Thanks so much Baby Nurse...that was the poem!! And everyone else what good ideas. I do stamp the back of all my cards so they know they are handmade by ME (got the stamp from VistaPrint)! I was referring to the inside...I love the idea of recycling. Especially when people send me such beautiful cards...I want to put HallMark out of business!

Lisa.

Last edited by lisat_2003; 06-03-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing-love these idea's
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have come up with a solution that seems to be working well and is appreciated.

I send the card and a clean, unused white envelope in a clear envelope (from Amber - see here: http://www.clearenvelopesambershaw.com/ and also sold by Amber on ebay). I package it such that the front of the card is visible on the back of the clear envelope. The front of the white envelope is visible on the front of the clear envelope. Then also on the front I put a label with the address, a label with our return address and the stamp (all stickers). I do not put any extra postage on it and so far all of them have gone through without being postage due. I put the flap of the clear envelope on the front right so that it doesn't interfere with the presentation of the card and can easily be opened as its not under the return address label.

Inside I enclose a small piece of paper that says:
This is a "green" card. Remove the white inner liner and reuse the card with the enclosed envelope. Enjoy!

Inside the card, my message is written/printed on a piece of paper that is attached with temporary adhesive and easily removable.

Some people really like that they get to reuse the card. Others can't part with it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Laura...that is very sweet of you!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

I did this when I was a card angel. I was sending out a card a week to her and saw the poem somewhere and decided it would be an extra little "gift" to her. Otherwise I usually write in my cards and sign them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #50  

I wanted to share a little story for you. My sister just loves my cards and is attempting to make her own so whenever I go in to see her (she lives 50 miles away) I bring her my show and tell cards. She never uses them because she says they are too nice to give away. So I decided last Friday I was going to send her a Mother's Day card that she could "Pass It On". What I did was print on the left hand inside card:

"This card was made for you to share with a friend or relative and "Pass It On". Remove the insert and replace your own greeting on the inside. Sign your name, city, and state on the back and send with a smile. If you eventually get it back it was meant to be- keep it or "Pass It On" again. Wouldn't it be fun to see how far it gets? It's just a way of saying I was thinking of you and wanted to share a special card".

I think it's a little lengthy so I'm sure I will revise it but I wanted her to truly pass it on. I like the cute little poem posted in this thread. I have a tendancy to go into too much detail on my instructions though. I even printed lines on the back of the card for each person to sign. I added a pocket (approx. 1 x 3.5) on the bottom right hand inside card to insert a notecard you can replace. It actually turned out quite cute. I even stamped a little flower that matched the card on the pocket to bring a little attention to it. We'll see if she passes it on. I'm her baby sister so she doesn't intimidate easily. LOL! Have a great day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #51  
Inking Addict

My husbands family insist on giving christmas gifts every year even though there are way too many of them and the gifts usually end up being gift cards to restaurants( one year we gave Applebee's cards and got back the same card from three other in laws.) Now I make everyone a pretty card box in January and all year I make cards or join swaps and just keep adding cards until each box has 10 birthday, 2 thank you, 2 get well and 4 all occasion.
I have had a wonderful time making these and there was not stress involved and no big expense at Chirstmas and best of all no one else ever gives a gift like it.
When they open them at Christmas my gift is the center of attention. But that also means whenever I get a card from them I have made it.( I kind of like the compliment of seeing my cards come back to me in the mail)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 02:41 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't get many homemade cards sent/given to me but I do have lots that I have saved from stamping workshops. I have started to give some away now. My idea was to use them as inspiration but find I use my favorites from SCS instead. I have put up a bulletin board in my stamp room and have my favorite cards hung up. They cheer up my room and remind me of the various workshops or stamping parties I've been to and the fun time with friends making them. I love having them hanging up and I do switch them around. If you save cards people give you, hanging them up would be an idea to get more enjoyment out of them....
Reply With Quote Likes