Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new SU catty?
The single best SU catalog ever! 70 15.73%
One of the best ever. 168 37.75%
Give it a solid "B" 122 27.42%
So-so 53 11.91%
I am disappointed 30 6.74%
I am devastated 2 0.45%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rate the new SU catty POLL

What do you think?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

like it!!!
i think there is a LOT of good stuff for scrapbookers. totally love the new aphabet sets and the wheels of course.

iam dissapointed that they put all my treasueres in the new catty

monkey business (dont ask how much i traded for)
on the spot and sweet spot
mixed bouquet plus wheel
linen
tag box
iam upset that unforgetable and looks like spring is in the new catty and the long-time friend didnt. actually thats the set i always wanted and i couldnt afford to buy it.

BUT on the other hand there is a lot of stuff i still like.

iam dissapointed that there is not really a new maskulie set. i was hoping for something like set sail or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:22 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I think it is *one* of the best ever....I prefer the new one to last years, by far. I like the fact that they are "keeping up" with what is popular...They seem to be very up to date with the new catalog...
I do have a couple of problems, though, that is why I didn't rate it the best ever...I would have preferred a few more masculine sets...I am glad I have gotten so many in the past! I am also glad DH is a hunter, cause I can use the new wildlife set, and noble deer.
My other arguement isn't really an arguement, but they have made so many of the products in this catalog dependent on other products, or partially dependent, like punches, tags, etc. that It could become costly for some...Just my .02!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

I think it's a good catalog... I have only looked at it online but a few sets are definate must have's.
I like the new color trends, it seems there are less flowers (good thing for me as a non-floral person).. lots of cute stuff which is what I seem to like the most.
I'll probably love it more once I have it in my hands to browse thru.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Hoping the minis come out with Christmas stuff to die for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I chose best catalog ever only because I have only seen this one and the one from last year and I prefer this one 100 times more.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

This is my 3rd catty. I was disappointed last year because they seemed to get rid of a lot of scrapping stuff. The past year I got into card making though and really enjoyed it. I like to get sets I can use for both cards and scrapbooking. I look at a set and think card first then ask can I use it for scrapbooking. This year I can think scrapbooking first and of coarse I can also use them for cards.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted disappointed.

The catty is filled with beautiful sets that I enjoy looking at and would have fun stamping with - if I only stamped for my own pleasure.

The problem is that there is little to nothing useful for my family. My DH and DSes work, hobbies and interests are simply not represented.

My sons are 8 and 12 - so I don't even see new sets that will help me make cards for them to give their friends at birthday parties! The few "boy" things there are just a bit too childish at these ages. The set with the interchangeable body parts might have been great - if there were some boy parts in it!

I'm also disappointed and a bit surprised that there is nothing new in the patriotic theme, or even any general Americana.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I completely appreciate how you feel Claudia; however, I see things differently. I really like the fact that many of the catalog mini sets show up in the new catty. Sometimes I am just not in the position financially or otherwise to purchase a set/sets from the minis during their available time period. Knowing I may get another chance to buy them is nice. And, honestly, if I want a mini catty set and I AM in the position to make the purchase during the mini catty timeframe, I most certainly make the purchase! The fact that it may show up later doesn't cause me wait, which I'm sure is a concern for demos. Also, once the mini catty goes away, my demo stops using the sets at camps and parties and being creatively-challenged, sometimes that leaves me feeling left out in the cold. Pathetic and selfish, perhaps, but I really count on my demo for ideas. So, if the sets resurface in the big catty, then my demo will use them again, hence providing me with more ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought the catalog was OK. I like the layout and all the papers and supplies, but am really disappointed with the number of new sets. Thank goodness their mini's have gotten larger, and we have more to choose from in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked the layout of the catty this year, that is a big plus.

But as far as what SU put in for *new* sets, I'm disappointed. I expected more than I got from it. Seems there are so many little stamps nad no new large graceful ones to make new cards with.

I had been hoping for something along the lines of a two-part set, something for the outside and the inside?

Oh well, I love the new colors, but most likely will buy more from TAC!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

I can totally see whee claudia is coming from. There are just no boy sets, for that age group at all, and male hobbies too. How many tree and deer cards can I give, you know. I wouldn't hurt to add five pages to the catalog to accomidate our needs. This forces us to go to other sources.

Although there are a lot I like about this catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

I've only been able to look online yet, but I voted one of the best. I like the layout and look of it, and I like a lot of the new sets, the new colors, and new punches. My only disappointment--and I'm pretty bummed here--is that there are no new masculine sets. Other than that, it's a Bravo! from me.

What can we do to get SU! to listen to us about the masculine stuff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I gave a solid B - I am so glad I can buy the tag punch without having to buy the set. I also like the new backgrounds and the mini-backgrounds that we can buy as sets. Love the new colors. I am also happy that most of the sets I want are under $20, so I won't break the bank. I still think, however, that there are still way too many cartoonish sets. I would also like to see more sports-oriented sets for young girls, such as softball, gymnastics, soccer, etc., and I think there should be more masculine sets (my family is getting tired of "Lovely as a Tree" - LOL) I think, though, that there is something for everybody in the new catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know I've tended to rely on colors and geometric images to vary my images for masculine cards. So many times even when there are "masculine" images, they are sport- or hobby-specific, and they don't really apply to a lot of guys, kwim?

Overall I rated the catty "one of the best." What's important to me is that I do basically LOVE it, lol! And, as usual, my pocketbook isn't nearly as big as it should be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

I voted "the best catlog ever!" I really, really love this catalog . . . it's gorgeous. SO many beautiful stamp sets and samples. As for things "missing" (masculine sets, holiday, patriotic, etc.) I'm really thinking we're going to see some amazing mini-catalogs to fill those gaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is the 7th catty so far for me. I probably have 8 pages marked in it for a set that I want. I am no longer a demo but I would have been crushed as half of my sets are retired! And then there are some in there that are soooo old that they need to be replaced.
I was really sad that Godspeed didn't make it. I love my set and thought that this was a great opportunity for all the wives whose DHs are now deployed to get it. Being in the military, it made me so proud that SU! took the time to design an awesome set with a matching wheel, but now it's no longer available. :(
At any rate, this is a very pretty catty, and I am sure there will be plenty of interest once we all get used to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I am fairly new to scrapbooking, but I really like this catalogue. I am a sucker for cute animal sets, of which there are a plethora in the catty!
As for the dearth of masculine sets, I honestly don't produce as many male-oriented cards. Sure, there is the requisite birthday/father day, but I've found my female relatives and friends, on average, appreciate a beautiful card far more than an man ;-) Also, IMO, there are quite a few masculine sets, Tuned In, Voila (love that chef), any sort of travel/machinery/transportation vehicle sets. Anyway, I'm a little long-winded, but I really do love this catalogue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #19  
Failed Lurker

I LOVE this new catty! SO much nicer than the last one! But I voted "one of the best" because I haven't seen them all... and because the "best" is always (IMO) the first one you ever see because EVERYTHING is new and exciting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Well I said it was the best ever, but the only other one I have seen is the 2005-2006. But I do like it better than last years. My wishlist is HUGE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just went back to all my catalogs (starting form 1992) and this is the best one thus far in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

I gave the new catty a solid "B."

First, I should mention that I'm not a demo. I'm a customer that makes cards and scrapbooks. I'm more of a scrapbooker than a card maker. So, when I look at a stamp set I look at it from that perspective.

Overall, I think the new sets are great! I just made my wishlist and I am very excited that almost all of the sets that I want are 19.95 or under. I love "Close As a Memory" and "Happy Camper." I think the hostess sets are much better than last year. I've never really wanted wheels before this catty. Many of the wheels would work with both cards and scrapbooks.

I would have rated the catty as "best ever" if it had included at least one elegant graduation set and some more spiritually inspired/new Christmas sets. I'm hoping that the fall mini includes a Christmas set that I like.

Now, let's get stampin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is my 6th catty, and I am sorely disappointed. Once again, there are very few masculine sets and the ones they have are very narrow in scope.

I also ditto all the comments about boys sets...none of those, either.

I didn't see many new sets at all, just recycled from mini's. Good thing I'm getting away from stamping...this new catty doesn't make me excited at all. :???:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #24  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
Good thing I'm getting away from stamping...
How come? What are you up to instead?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
How come? What are you up to instead?
Nothing. I'm considering giving it all up and selling my entire collection. I haven't stamped in almost six months and just feel myself falling away from it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Default new catty poll

Hi
I do like some of the new sets but I won't be ordering any real soon. I did not like that the 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock went up in price.
Marie0401
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: Somewhere in MN, trying to find all the lost flip flops....

Every year it gets better and better. (This is my seventh.) I agree about the masculine sets, but there are some generic things (shells, animals, trees, nature scenes) that could be used creatively for a guy.
Beautiful new "in color" section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

I must say I am not a huge fan of this catty. There were only a few new sets that I feel I really need....oh well....:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

I have only been through the new catalog once, but I saw a lot more things in there to buy than last year......I was reading the comments about there not being enough masculine or Christmas or other types of stamps, and I just wanted to say that one company can never offer everything that is needed...that is why I don't just stick with SU...while I love their stuff, there are too many other cool companies out there that have great stamps.....so if you don't find what you like with SU.....don't forget to check out other companies!

On that note, I am really having a great time looking at this catalog and can't wait to place my first order!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #30  
Gabfest Goddess

Well considering my initial wish list is over $700 for stamps alone I voted "one of the best ever".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

I *love* this catty!! I think it's gorgeous and I love all the new things it has to offer. So, I voted for the single best SU catalog ever (granted this is only my 3rd new catty! )

As far as things not being represented in it, that's what the mini catalogs are for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

I gave it a B. Maybe it will grow on me but I wasn't gaa-gaa over it like the one last year. I've got a small wish list, which I'm sure will expand as the dirty girls start working with the new rubbah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

This is my 5th catalog and I think that it sure is the best ever.
I love the cover design that shows exactly what the new scrapbooking paper looks like.
I love the new "tabs" at the sides of the pages that are well linked to the index.
I love the section dividers that have photos of cards.
I think that the card examples are greatly improved - in the past it has been said that if you had only seen the SU catalog, you would never have bought half the stamp sets as the examples in past years have been very uninspiring. This year I think there is a lot more to CASE from the catty.
Everyone's choice of stamp set is unique but I have not based my opinion of the catty on how many sets I will buy but instead on its on the overall design.
Just my 2 cents worth!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

I absolutely love the new catty!!! I rated it one of the best ever....not the single best ever because I think it is lacking masculine stamp sets. I was disappointed with that.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

I love it....this is only my second catalog but I already have a long wish list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Best catty ever! My stamp set wishlist is $1030...can't wait to start chipping away at my list

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #37  
Crimping Master

Smile

Great new sets....great detail ideas on the samples....color combos are cool....new punches that I can't wait to try out, new background stamps that will add to card making, scrapping and other projects...I like it bunches....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #38  
Forum Fanatic

Received 166 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm just a little disappointed, there doesn't seem to be very many new sets. Or maybe it's just that I don't like that many of the new ones! I like the new colors but sorry there are no markers to match. I'm sure as the year goes on and I see things made with some of the new sets I will change my mind as I have in years past. I do like the new backround stamps though!

Kathi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

First, a disclaimer - I have only seen the new catlog on-line, so my current opinion might change once I can look through it IRL.

I voted "I am disappointed." Mostly for the same reasons the some of the other posters mentioned - lack of truly masculine sets, Christmas sets are very limited, new wedding sets are not great, etc. Oh yeah - and the new generation gnomes! I'm also disappointed that there are no new sets on the order of Summer by the Sea or Angler. Of all the new stamp sets that are available this year, there are only eight on my wishlist.

On the positive side - I like the addition of the chipboard elements, the new backgrounds and the new sympathy set. Here's hoping there will be some outstanding new sets in the mini-catalogs ;)!

-- kimB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's my very first catty ever so of course I think it's the best!
TSG Blog
Reply With Quote Likes