Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quilled Creations Precision Tip Glue Bottle

I bought this bottle a year or so ago, filled it with glue and love it! Recently I had to purchase another one and I filled it with glue again and I have the hardest time getting the glue out. I am using it for cards. Any thoughts? What type of glue has anyone used in it. I use it mostly for glueing down watercolor paper. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I know that Jennifer McGuire recommends that bottle, and I'm not sure what gauge the needle is, but I put my Glossy Accents into a Fineline bottle (20-gauge needle tip) and I simply cannot squeeze the product out. I can't even imagine how hard glue would be to squeeze! I think even an 18-gauge tip would be too hard for my weak hands.

Were you able to squeeze the glue out before, and is the needle tip the exact same size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I use Ranger's Multi Medium Matte in the 18-gauge Fineline bottle; Poppy - you would still have trouble with this one. The Ranger MMM is easier to squeeze out than Glossy Accents, but still takes both hands for me, and I have good hand strength.

I have never tried the Quilled Precision bottle; I like that the Fineline applicators have needles in the caps to keep the needles in the bottles clear.

I have some word dies that are so fine, it's difficult to apply the Ranger MMM with the Fineline bottle. I saw a video, and for the life of me can't remember who did it, where a design team member squeezed glue on a scrap, took her finger and applied glue to the die. Seemed to work perfectly. Not so much for me when I tried it... :(

There's got to be a better way!!! (The Xyron's not it, either.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I use Ranger's Multi Medium Matte in the 18-gauge Fineline bottle; Poppy - you would still have trouble with this one. The Ranger MMM is easier to squeeze out than Glossy Accents, but still takes both hands for me, and I have good hand strength.

There's got to be a better way!!! (The Xyron's not it, either.)
Agree � it drives me nuts! Maybe Stick It? Of course, peeling that backing paper off a fine script die cut would be torture...

I think Sandy Parker needs to do an episode of Crafting for Almost Everyone about this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Agree � it drives me nuts! Maybe Stick It? Of course, peeling that backing paper off a fine script die cut would be torture...

I think Sandy Parker needs to do an episode of Crafting for Almost Everyone about this!
AGREED! I LOVE her! We have decided we're sisters from another mother...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting to buy some fine tip bottles from eBay instead of the quilled precision bottle. Has anyone had success with these non brand bottles ??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2015, 04:55 AM   #7  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

[QUOTE=poppydarling;21142114]Agree – it drives me nuts! Maybe Stick It? Of course, peeling that backing paper off a fine script die cut would be torture...
QUOTE]

Go to 8:22 on this Jennifer McGuire video where she uses a StickIt sheet for the 'blessed' intricate script/word die. Jennifer removed the backing paper easily and she said that the small bits (i.e. the insides of the letters) also come off of the die cut when removing the backing paper - added bonus!

HTH.

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 12-27-2015 at 04:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
Go to 8:22 on this Jennifer McGuire video where she uses a StickIt sheet for the 'blessed' intricate script/word die. Jennifer removed the backing paper easily and she said that the small bits (i.e. the insides of the letters) also come off of the die cut when removing the backing paper - added bonus!
I watched that yesterday, and laughed � I think many of us have learned by now that what works for Jennifer McGuire doesn't always work for mere mortals :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
I know that Jennifer McGuire recommends that bottle, and I'm not sure what gauge the needle is, but I put my Glossy Accents into a Fineline bottle (20-gauge needle tip) and I simply cannot squeeze the product out. I can't even imagine how hard glue would be to squeeze! I think even an 18-gauge tip would be too hard for my weak hands.

Were you able to squeeze the glue out before, and is the needle tip the exact same size?
I am new to this posting and having a hard time figuring it out. I posted the note about the quilling bottle. A few people repleied about a glue runner they used. I looked at it on line and did not make a note of of and now I want to purchase it. It was a runner "gun" and I think it might have been AF? Anyone know where that post is? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

someone posted there were 3 levels of the product. But did not mention which she used. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

TOTALLY different from squeezing glue from a bottle is the ATG. "Tape Runner" "Tape Gun" Look in the Tool and Product Forum, top section. 'Sticky...ATG questions'.
On your original question. I am planning to buy some on Amazon with 18 gauge tip for PPA and Ranger MMM. These are not the quilling brand, but Fineline Applicators brand, 2 in a package. I have heard that 18 gauge is bigger and better. Will report if they work OK. Your second purchase may have been manufactured differently, or the glue got lumpy or thicker.
You said you were using for watercolor paper....have you cut that into fine diecuts where you need such a tiny applicator? We all would recommend something different for normal sized glueing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I had this problem too and contacted Fineline and they mentioned they have several size needles/tips. I use Tacky Glue turbo and the fineline 20 will not work - had to buy size 16.
Reply With Quote Likes