Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for Hawaii demos!

Hi - I will be moving to Oahu (Honolulu) this summer and have some questions about being a demo there. I am only a hobby demo and may even let the whole thing "go" but thought I would get my questions answered before I make that decision final! I have come to find out that in Hawaii you have to file your own sales tax reports. SU Demo Support was usless (gave NO support) for my questions involving this process so I'm asking you! How hard/time consuming is it to file these? I would probably only sell to myself so would that make the process even easier? Anything you tell me about this or any other strange changes I will have to endure by being a demo in Hawaii would help greatly!!
Thanks
Stacy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy it is not hard at all ~ you have to file for a state id number and file your taxes as you choose monthly, quarterly, semi annual or annually ~ it is not that hard and if you can find someone to help you the first time you will be set - at the end of the year you have to file Hawaii state taxes as well and your done - the good thing is that Hawaii's sales tax is lower than most (it was 4.188 when I was there 3 years ago) and the shipping will probably be the same as you pay now...not real sure about it ~ the reason SU was not so helpful is because Hawaii is being difficult and SU woud love to take care of that for them as it would be an easier process but Hawaii would rather risk not getting their $ than to let the Home Based Businesses take care of it for them!!!
Also if you do not sell more than either 2500 or something like that you do not even have to file state income taxes at the end of the year on your HBB....So find someone good to talk to when you get there and dont stress it it is no big deal!
Even if you talk to your local CMC or someone that has been doing it a while it is all the same process except you will not carry inventory (which is a good thing!)
Good luck to you and PLEASE ENJOY THE ISLAND - so many go there and do not take the time to see the beauty in being there.....Go to the beaches, Botanical Gardens, Browse through the large hotels downtown - so much to see there! ENJOY!!
Shelley

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I am in Hawaii and it is somewhat different but you know its not that big of a deal to me anyway. I would love to help you out when you get here if you need. The shipping is higher and we only get one shipping choice ..you will learn shipping to hawaii is very expensive since we have to do it all by plane...or boat which is 6 weeks delivery. I am assuming you are a Military Family...what branch if so. We have been here almost 2 years and one more to go. Feel free to pm me if you need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stacy

You might want to check out the SCS Demo Forum - you might find more Hawaiian (did I spell that correctly - there's so many vowels!) demos there! Check the stickies for how to sign up.
Reply With Quote Likes