Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Teachers and Parents and the Simply Sent Kits

Hi... I did a search and didn't think that I saw this question addressed in the forums, so I hope that I am not asking a repeat question.

It's that time of the year again and I am thinking about teacher gifts for my children. I have seen the Simply Sent kits and think that they are great. Is anyone else giving these as gifts? And I would love to also get a teacher's point of view - would you like that as a holiday gift from your student? I don't think either of my preschool's teachers are stampers, but I know that they are artsy based on all the things they do in class. I was thinking of giving each a kit that makes thank you cards, with the thought being that they could make thank you cards for all the other gifts then will be getting for the holidays.

Would you appreciate, and more importantly use this gift if you weren't already a stamper? Or would you find it to be just extra work, during an already hectic time of the year, to make cards? Would you just rather me give you cards that are already made? Part of me wants to do something different than the usual gifts card we usually give (I would just package that with the already-made cards I was talking about), but I just wanted to make sure it was a good idea.

I would love to hear some opinions if you had the time today. Thanks so much everyone! ~CMB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Hey there...

I plan on getting one of the Simply Sent kits as a gift for my best friend....it's more my subtle way of dragging her into stamping and getting her hooked....I know, sneaky sneaky. ;)

If I were a teacher, I would think that it would make a great gift. Now that I am thinking about it, I might get one for my teacher friend as well.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Default Card kits

I am a preschool teacher, and would love this as a gift from my kiddos. I have received a few stamps and stamping supplies over the years, and they sure beat knickknacks that require dusting....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

thanks so much for your responses - i really appreciate it, ckmom and faereygirl.

and i'm glad to hear that you would like the gift as a teacher, ckmom. any other input??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Being a teacher for 14 years, I have accumulated a ton of wonderful gifts. However, they sit in a dusty box in my closet. Really, how much apple decor can I possibly have. I think a scrappin' kit would be so cool or even handmade cards. When I've given handmade cards to my children's teacher, they've been used. I think something consumable like that is ideal.

marlo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Default wonderful idea!

I've been teaching for 35 years and would love to have some handmade cards especially thank you cards for all the stuff we receive at Christmas. How very thoughtful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Used to teach before kids and I have a lot of non-stamping, but crafty friends and my gut says that the already made cards would be a bit better. Or maybe at least a few already done and then a few to make herself. But yes, yes, yes, consumable things are MUCH better than sit arounds and apples.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

As a retired elementary teacher, I think that a Simply Sent kit is an incredibly generous and fabulous gift. Many teachers have a creative streak and stamping is such a satisfying way to express it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a teacher and I would LOVE LOVE those kits! Now you gave me the idea to give one to my sons teacher too!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I bought the Just K set for DD's teacher. Her name is Karen, so she can also use it as a monogram. She does a little bit of stamping, but doesn't have a lot of supplies, so the kit will surely be a hit with her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Thank you again for all the new responses... now i feel much more confident about giving the kits or even already made cards as a holiday gift. I think that I will give kits to the preschool teachers (both female), and actually maybe some pre-made cards along with a gift card for my other son's teacher (male). I definitely like that the kits already have pre-cut paper, so it is less work than just putting together a kit on my own. I was thinking of getting Friendship Shapes and Good Things. They are 2-person team that teaches my son's preschool class, so I thought it would be nicer that they weren't giving out the same thank you cards...
Reply With Quote Likes