Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about SU shipping

Hi everyone -

This may seem like an obvious answer to some, but let me preface the question by saying that not only have I never ordered from Stampin' Up, I have never ordered anything from CTMH, TAC, Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Tupperware, Avon, or any other similiarly demo-based companies.

My question is: When I place an order through a demo and pay shipping, is that shipping to my house, or to my demo's house?

Basically I need to know if there is any premium that I am going to pay to get my stuff if I order on-line from a demo somewhere else, vs one that is local that I could pick up the stuff from if needed.

My mom orders from Tastefully Simple, and she has to pick it up from her salesperson's house, or pay a $5 premium to get it delivered to hers.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Who needs tattoos? I already have ink in strange places...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Traci.....This is assuming you are dealing with your Demonstrator face to face, over the phone or via e-mail. If you have your Demonstrator place your order you can tell her you want the order delivered to you (there is no additional charge for this service). Otherwise your order would probably be delivered to her home if she wants to combine orders. The only idea I don't like is that Stampin' Up won't send you the notice the order was shipped nor the tracking number.....it will only go to the Demonstrator.

If you order via your Demonstrator's website I don't know if the order automatically goes to you or the Demonstrator.

Many times the Demonstrators will hold orders and combine them so they can collect the benefits of the free-bee stuff from a combined order of show amount.

Also perhaps there maybe some Demonstrators who may charge the customer to send the order to them if the whole order is delivered to the Demonstrator.

My thoughts on all this is.....if I order something and have paid a decent shipping charge, I want it delivered to me directly. I'm paying shipping, so why should I want to then have to go pick it up from the Demonstrator at her convenience?

Just my thoughts.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have clients place orders on line thru my demo website and their orders are sent directly to them. I have clients who call me and have me place the order and I designate the order to be shipped to their house. The only time I have orders shipped to me is for workshops. Also remember that when you place an online order thru a demo's website, you still receive hostess benefits depending on the amount of your order and it is Sale-a-bration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Patti and Gail!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My friend is a demo and when she orders for her club, the orders go to her house and SHE delivers their order to them. I live in another state and sometimes will have her place my order and it is always sent to me.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Minimum shipping is $6.95, whether it is an online order or is placed by a demo. So if you are ordering a small amount - say a 19.95 item and would rather pay only 10% shipping ($2), it would be best to find a local demo who has an order going in soon so she can combine it with others. It is then up to the 2 of you to make clear if she will deliver it or you will pick it up. Obviously, she is not making much money on a small order, so would love it if you could pick it up. Or perhaps she might want to deliver it to you as part of her customer service in hopes that you will order again. If your order is more than $69.50, then there is no difference. The only other shipping difference is between an individual demos website ($6.95 minimum shipping) and ordering right from the SU website ($8.50 minimum shipping). This is to encourage customers to use the individual demo websites that have additional content such as an event calendar.
And yes- if you order online (either demo site or SU site) the order goes to you. There is no option to send it to your demo or anyone else unless you want to enter their address as the ship to address.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc

Last edited by craftdoc; 01-30-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could have any demo you place your order with ship it straight to you. The shipping charge is a minimum of $6.95 or 10%...whichever is greater. Sometimes I combine orders, and have them all shipped to my house...not to get the hostess stuff...but to save people shipping. If you are ordering like $30.00 worth of stuff, you would pay $6.95 shipping if you had it sent to your house. If you had a demo place it where she could combine with another order of approx. the same amount...you would only pay 10% shipping. Does that make sense? If you are ordering over $70.00 worth of stuff...shipping would be the same regardless.

And FYI...on the email notifications...you can ask your demo to put in your email address when you order and then the shipping notification can be sent to you. So you can receive that as well.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Sorry Craftdoc...apparently I was typing an answer the questions the same time you were! And your answer made more sense than mine so thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Taking advantage of the combined shipping through a demo for combined orders makes a lot of sense.

But since I've been building up a wish list for some time, and plan to get the most out of sale-a-bration, I don't think I'll have any trouble meeting the 69.50 minimum to get my money's worth out of my shipping. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

It is so NOT hard to reach that $69.50 mark! Enjoy your goodies- it is so much fun to have a SU! box dropped off at your front door!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I order from my demonstrator online. All products come to my house (and she sends me an email with the tracking numbers--I just checked and UPS is coming to visit me on Tuesday!!!) Just make sure you order directly from your demonstrators site and not just by picking a name at SU or you don't get your hostess benefits until you call and cry to the nice gentleman at SU. (Yep, been there and done that one)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

It's hard for me that SU shipping is so high. I am in need of a few small things right now, mainly pop dots, but I can't justify that for sure. I think SU's dots are my fave, but the shipping issue forces me to go buy other ones at places like Michael's. I wish they offered a way around that. I mean, it costs less than $1 to ship a few packs of those, and think of the money they'd make if I did order a few packs. I know it's not a HUGE order, but still, it would be something for them, and I'd be happy, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

where in the burbs do you live?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I just have to update my post---I was checking to see where my goodies are and realized that it wasn't my demonstrator who sent me the email about where my goodies are but the email is from Stampin' Up direct. I did purchase through her website (again--don't just choose your demo from the SU website or it causes headaches--but I forgot once). I usually place an order with one or two people so we have at least a couple hundred dollars of products coming to us so shipping is reasonable. But when I have just wanted one thing that I either ran out of or forgot to add I just find something else that will work and wait until the next time I place an order.
Reply With Quote Likes