Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:23 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Question about new stamp sets and the Gallery!

My first new catty order is coming in about 5 hours and I can't wait! I've been looking for samples in the Gallery for the new stamp sets I'm getting. I've discovered that there are lots of awesome samples when I look at the Recent Photos, but when I look at the alphabetical listing, there are very very few of those samples posted under the correct stamp set.

Example - Heartfelt Thanks has 21 samples in it's alpha category, but when I did a search for "Heartfelt", I came up with 42 samples! Under Print Pattern, there are no samples listed, yet there are quite a few samples with this new BG stamp.

Ideas for best looking for the awesome samples using the new stamp sets?

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my experience if it is a stamp set (like Best of Cluck) most samples will be in that category so you can get a really good look at it there.

Background stamps, word/sayings stamps are ususally not listed under their set names so if you want to see samples I would do a search for them and you'll find plenty.

If you don't want to miss one single thing made with a set I would try the search because sometimes when people use more than one stamp set it is hard to know where to list it, sometimes too it is put in individual's galleries or challenge or scrapbook galleries, etc.

hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

INFORMATION:
When you upload a card, it automatically goes to your own gallery PLUS you can use the "Move Photo to:" button under the picture to put it into one of the alphabetical listings. Or, as often happens, it gets sent to the alpha listings by the Splitcoast team.
BOTHERATION:
I've just figured out that there are a lot of good samples out there that have not yet been moved into the alpha listings and sometimes, because names of sets are similar, they are too hard to locate by using search.
CHALLENGE:
Last week we (just a couple of SC fans) started a "Lonely Sets Challenge" to get people to make samples for some of the sets that have no photos at all. Click here Forums at Splitcoaststampers
or go to the Challenges page and scroll down a ways.
If you have photos already in your gallery for any of these "Lonely Sets", please move them to the alpha listings. If you have the stamp set at home but haven't made a card yet -- Get Busy! We all want to see your neat ideas.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Often, more than one set is used on a card, so it will be uploaded into the the main set's gallery. The only way to bring it up would be through a search. As was mentioned, that's particularly true of backgrounds and words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I know.... sometimes the background type of stamps kind of get get ignored when we upload our cards. We usually would list it under the name of the main set.
Still... some of the "Lonely Sets" listed in the challenge are just new. I can't believe that no one has bought them yet!! Hoping for a few more photos, so we can cross those sets off the "lonely list."
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes