Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros/cons?

can someone please share the pros and cons of signing up to be a demo ASAP versus waiting until next month? or next quarter? thanks!

ps. i've been abandoned and still looking for someone to sign up under!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think the best benefit to waiting is that the starter kit will include some new items that you will *need* LOL! And I don't know if they will again this year, but last year SU! ran a sale on signing up in August. It was (I think) 15% off, which saved me around $35! I loved that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I would wait until next month. They're revamping the starter kit, adding some great things, but keeping the price the same.

If you decide to sign up and do it before convention, you'll get a case of old catalogs and a case of new catalogs. Personally, I have enough old catalogs and mini catalogs to wall paper a small house.

I'd advise interviewing people to become your upline. Decide what it is you're looking for...whether it's someone local to talk face to face with, someone with a large downline, someone with great stamping skills...whatever. My upline is going inactive next quarter and I wish I had chosen someone different. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I believe that the promo last August to save 15% was part of SU's 15th anniversary celebration. So I'm guessing they won't have that again this year. But then, you never know!!

I would definitely wait until next month at least to sign up so you get the new starter kit. You'll get some must-haves! And it's not like you're really waiting that long.

You've got maybe a week or so to decide if you'll wait for the new starter kit - then they'll be holding the new demo applications until the new catty year so you'll automatically get the new starter kit.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree with Heather about the upline. Check, check and check again who you sign up under. What are their long-term goals? What about you? Do you want just the discount or do you want to make this business a go? Do you work better with someone encouraging you locally, or do you love to converse via the internet?

And some things change... I wanted to be a hobby demo and didn't mind that my best friend/upline was also a hobby demo... but now that I'm working the business, it would be nice to have a little more.

But when you sign up, remember that you'll always have excellent support and inspiration here on Splitcoast.

P.S. Thanks Rehaba, I forgot about the anniversary LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 11:00 AM   #6  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by justheather
I'd advise interviewing people to become your upline. Decide what it is you're looking for...whether it's someone local to talk face to face with, someone with a large downline, someone with great stamping skills...whatever. My upline is going inactive next quarter and I wish I had chosen someone different. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I absolutely agree with this!!! My upline hasn't been stamping long and hasn't been a demo much longer than me. I wanted to do her a favor and sign up under her, but she has helped me NONE!! I have been stamping for a looooong time, and I think she felt a bit intimidated by that. Take care choosing your upline.

I would be happy to talk to you about my experience if you want to PM me or email me privately. I don't mind at all.

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Default WAIT!

It's definitely worth it to wait. You only have a couple days left to make a decision, no new demos after June 30th, and you don't want to rush into anything.

Definitely find a good upline. It will help you so much. And meet her upline too. I know that sounds odd, but you need to know who you may be dealing with if your upline goes inactive for some reason. Another thing to consider ~ and this may sound odd too ~ find out how active she is. If she's overly concerned toward the good or bad with her own profit, you'll end up being ignored. If she's too busy with work and kids and workshops, she'll be of no help to you either. Ask if she has stamp clubs or camps and if you can attend for free to help you learn and build your business. If she says no, you would have to pay, move on. She should be willing to do whatever it takes, within reason, to help you grow your business.

Good luck in your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I agree. I don't really see any advantages to joining in this month..... except for the instant discount.

If you can, hold off until they start the new demo starter kit. How exciting to get all of that extra stuff for the same price.... not to mentioned the booster kits and memory kit add ons! That's a great deal!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

pros:

discount, stampin success, great rewards, stampin family
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

What would a "hobby demo" mean??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 03:45 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Josette,

A hobby demo is someone who joins just for the demo discount. They do not look at it like a "business". They are not looking to spend a lot of time and effort into making money. They just want to enjoy stamping just for the FUN of it!!!!

HTH!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2004, 03:58 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree that it is important that have a good upline! I would definitely look for someone who is easily accessible whether it be by phone or email and someone who is caring and supportive!! It's always nice to have someone close enough so that you can attend meetings or borrow items from too but that's not always possible.

I would wait til July also to sign up!!

Amber Porter
Reply With Quote Likes