Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with a Stamp company

Im wondering what to do. I've ordered some stamps from a company online. I dont want to say who it is as I dont want to start a hate campaign against them as I do love their stamps and I'm stilll hoping to receive them. But it's been 12 days since I placed my order and I have not heard any kind of response from them. Whether they've been sent or not. I recieved my PayPal receipt but nothing more. I have tried to contact the company 3 different ways thru the site. Via the contact form and comment sections and no responce. They finnally contacted me thru Facebook of all things, adding me as a friend but STILL Have not contacted me with information of my order. I dont know what to do. I dont want to get nasty with them...but I'm really getting upset about the whole deal.

What to do what to do??? And advice?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Is there a phone number on their site? I'd call, if so and tell them of your frustration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

I would send an email or a written letter certified saying that you expect contact by a certain date or you will file a complaint with there local authorities. Also if you paid using paypal, file a complaint with them and request refund through them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

You've done the right thing so far. Definitely contacting the company is the all-time best way to get resolution. I suggest another effort at making contact, letting them know of your disappointment and concern for monies sent.

Best Wishes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Is the stamp companys located in the US? I see you are from Canada. Maybe they don't send out a shipping notice and the stamps are on their way, but held up at the border? Also keep in mind that many company's where just at CHA and maybe very behind on orders and emails. If they are a member company on SCS you could try contacting them that way.

No matter what it is still a long time with no contact. Without knowing what company it is it is hard to tell you whether or not the your experience is common.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

They are located in the US, but they had a sale on. Free Shipping to anywhere, international as well. So I dont think that should have been the problem. On the comment sections of the website. My comments say "in moderation" other comments AFTER mine have been added. So.. I really think they're ignoring me? I dont know. ARGH! I'll have to look for a phone number.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

My thought is that if it was a company that was recently at CHA, they may have been there when you placed your order (or preparing for it) and may be overwhelmed with orders and are taking a little longer than usual to get customer orders out or to return phone calls/emails. I say give it a few more days. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

They should have some type of phone number. I wonder if maybe either your emails are going into their spam folder or their emails are going into yours? I would hope they aren't intentionally ignoring you!

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Make sure you understand what the guidelines are for whatever payment method you made to open claims. If you wait past the deadline, you won't be able to recover any money if you do not receive your product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I have also waited that long without updates from a company, but hopefully you can email and get a response.

Also--I think CHA (is that what it is called?) is going on, so there is a chance that the company is there. Depending on their size. I know some stamp operations are just a few people, others have a huge thing going. But if there are only a few people, they may be away at said event. It would be nice if they would tell you that on their website but not everyone wants to advertise they are going away.

Also, if it was a big sale, they be swamped with orders and just haven't gotten to everyone yet. (Or they may have even mailed it to you already). Perhaps you should make a general inquiry on the company and find out what kind of email contact they give and how long their orders take. I have some favorite companies in Canada, but it often takes 2 weeks for their orders to reach me. Even if they mail it quickly.

Just my thoughts

Holley
a new project everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This reminds me that I was ripped off by someone on Ebay and I never followed up....UGH. What's wrong with people??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i try 1 more email and then if no response in 2 days - file a claim for your refund.
I recently wen through this and as soon as I said I opened that claim - WOW that item was sent out right away and I got a big apology.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thank you for not mentioning the name of the company. That was very respectable of you. Although it has been a long time with no response, you never know what is going on on their end. I hope you get a response soon, or better yet, your order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

12 days or 12 business days? does the site list a processing time? I would call or send another email, give it 2-3 days, then file a paypal claim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Gosh, I always hope it's not me. Every once in a great while an email will disappear into the cyber fog and you think you're on top of everything and then you find out something got away from you.

If they are a member company here at SCS, you could try a PM to see if the owner will respond.

Some companies use international first class which can take up to 10-14 business days to arrive at it's destination in Canada but most companies send a shipping notice.

Check you spam box. Since you said the shipping was "free," the word "free" might have been on the shipping notice and got tossed in your spam box.

I wish you luck on getting your answer.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you all for your advice. I wasn't expecting the stamps to have arrived by now as I DO live in Canada and yes the shipping can take a few weeks. I just recieved some product from 7 kids that Id ordered the same day. What I've been waiting for is the email saying they're processing or have shipped the product. I have heard nothing. I have emailed the site 2x and left a few comments. The owner then somehow found me on Facebook but said she couldnt find my email address from my blog... I dont know how she found my blog but not the email address that I included in EACH communication. I emailed her again, via Facebook where she'd messaged me and still I've heard nothing back. Im just hoping that it will resolve itself, as I said above, I love the stamps and Im aware of CHA and all that, and that she could be a smaller company and perhaps something is happening. I can be very patient. my problem is Im feeling ignored... I just would like some sort of response and explanation. I will email her again and state my feelings and hope for the best.

And no, its not you Gina K. :o) Love your stamps too tho!!
I wont say who it is as I dont waant to start a hate campaign and well, there could be a legit reason. But if it does get worse, I will post the name to warn others.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraphicatView Post
Thank you all for your advice. I wasn't expecting the stamps to have arrived by now as I DO live in Canada and yes the shipping can take a few weeks. I just recieved some product from 7 kids that Id ordered the same day. What I've been waiting for is the email saying they're processing or have shipped the product. I have heard nothing. I have emailed the site 2x and left a few comments. The owner then somehow found me on Facebook but said she couldnt find my email address from my blog... I dont know how she found my blog but not the email address that I included in EACH communication. I emailed her again, via Facebook where she'd messaged me and still I've heard nothing back. Im just hoping that it will resolve itself, as I said above, I love the stamps and Im aware of CHA and all that, and that she could be a smaller company and perhaps something is happening. I can be very patient. my problem is Im feeling ignored... I just would like some sort of response and explanation. I will email her again and state my feelings and hope for the best.

I wont say who it is as I dont waant to start a hate campaign and well, there could be a legit reason. But if it does get worse, I will post the name to warn others.

Thanks again
Well hopefully it will be fully resolved so you don't have to mention names. Hope you get your stamps soon. Have a great evening. (((hugs)))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

I order a lot of stamps from the US and there are some companies that I do not receive any type of confirmation from. I assume it's the way their store is set up because you can't even log in to see your order history.

Basically I give them up to 3 1/2 weeks for my stamps to get up here before contacting. Thankfully, they've always turned up even without any confirmation.

Your story does sound a little more complicated though, so hopefully you'll get a response soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

How long has it been since you emailed them? Have they had 24-36 hours to answer you emails (Not including weekends, but business hours)? If they have plenty of time to answer and you have checked your spam, and no response I would file for a refund. But that is just me, I think communication is key.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

What I've been waiting for is the email saying they're processing or have shipped the product. I have heard nothing. I have emailed the site 2x and left a few comments. The owner then somehow found me on Facebook but said she couldnt find my email address from my blog... I dont know how she found my blog but not the email address that I included in EACH communication.
Maybe this suggests that e-mail is not the best way to resolve this? Sounds like the owner may have some e-mail issues, either technical or "operator error". Personally, I'd be picking up the phone to try to resolve it that way. E-mail is lovely and very convenient but, just like physical mail, occasionally something goes wrong and things just don't get where they should be. At least with a phone call you know for sure whether you have somebody at the other end or not.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks again
I know with our shipping program, customers who pay via paypal receive a shipping notice, but those that use credit cards or e-checks do not. I have no idea why, but that's the way it works. I am wondering if maybe that's the issue?

Sometimes email accounts do go wonky! While at CHA, my phone decided it was going to stop communicating with my incoming mail server on my business acct so it was days before I could answer anyone!

I do hope you are able to resolve this, and I too am really impressed by the fact that you haven't listed names. Very classy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

S'all good ladies! Thank you so much. Heard from her this morning and stamps are on their way. So no need for me to say anything more. Other than....watch for upcoming great cards with awesome stamps!! :o)

thanks for all your imput and advice!!
I love Splitcoast! ;o)
Reply With Quote Likes