Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Printing verses from computer

Well, I broke my printer (HP 990cse) by putting cardstock in to print out my Christmas card verses. Next thing I know pieces are flying out of it and paper won't feed through any longer. I need to buy a new printer but definitely want one I can put cardstock through as it makes a much more professional looking card to have the verse printed right on the cardstock. Wouldn't you know I still have lots of ink cartridges left that I probably won't be able to use. Anyway I need advice on what type of printer is suitable for printing on the SU cardstock which is more heavyweight than others I've seen from the craft stores. Any help would be appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

* First go online and find the printer manufacturer. Tell them that you are VERY disappointed that printer could not handle cardstock.

* Second, when looking for a new printer, you might want to find one that has an adjustment knob/button for different thicknesses of paper. My old printer had that feature and I liked it. New printer that says it can handle "anything" does not do as well.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Any advice from anyone else out there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Epson Sylus Photo RX620. Just got it about a month ago and I put cardstock and even watercolor paper through it with no problem. It prints great photos too and is a copier/scanner. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Schwartz
Any advice from anyone else out there?
I have a Hewelet Packard Deskjet (older model) and it handles cardstock and even 130# water color paper quite well. I was told a few years back that once I started making a habit of using cardstock-weights, it would then not handle standard copy paper (send multiple sheets through at a time)... but she is still going strong with no problems... almost seven years later

Over the past few years, my printer has given me more copies than I could ever dream of counting... everything from tissue paper to Water color paper... including top-quality photos. Should I ever need a new one, I will definitely go with HP again.

Hoping this helps... and best of luck in finding a printer that is just right for YOUR needs.

Dancing Rain

Proud to be a Stampin' Up! Demo... and a "Rubber Mutt"

~*~
Click here to Visit My Gallery
HeartPrints Welcome
A

Avatar: Photo taken Dec. 2006 at Wildlife Safari - Winston, OR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 02:19 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I have an Epson C88, one of the cheapest printers made I think and it will handle WalMart cardstock with no problem. I only do one page at a time but it does that without a problem.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Canon Pixma IP 3000 here and it will print on all kinds of papers. Glossy, heavy weight, Tshirt transparencies, cardstock, vellum, sticker paper. Those are the types we have tried using it. It has an adjustable width top loading tray for single sheets, quarter sized, envelopes ect... So paper can be fed through 2 different places. I keep plain copy paper in the bottom tray and use the top loading tray for single sheets. I believe you can print straight from your camera from a port right in the front as well(never tried it yet)The only thing I am not as happy about is it uses ink fairly quickly. My really old HP deskjet was much better at needing ink replaced. I had a deskjet that I loved and it finally started falling to bits and pieces and chunks of the belt were falling off everytime I tried to use it. We got about 5-6 years out of it.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I have had a few HPs and I love them. I think they're the best printers out there. Any future printers I get will definitely be HP.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingRain
I have a Hewelet Packard Deskjet (older model) and it handles cardstock and even 130# water color paper quite well. I was told a few years back that once I started making a habit of using cardstock-weights, it would then not handle standard copy paper (send multiple sheets through at a time)... but she is still going strong with no problems... almost seven years later

Over the past few years, my printer has given me more copies than I could ever dream of counting... everything from tissue paper to Water color paper... including top-quality photos. Should I ever need a new one, I will definitely go with HP again.

Hoping this helps... and best of luck in finding a printer that is just right for YOUR needs.

Dancing Rain
I am so envious! I, too, had one of these printers - that sucker would take ANY paper....until I decided to be a cheapster and use refilled ink cartridges instead of new. After the first set of cartridges, I noticed a faint black powder all over the inside of the printer...the next set, the cartridge leaked inside the printer and ruined it totally - no way to salvage it! :( We got a new HP deskjet office printer that is nice, but no way is it the same caliber as the old one. So take very good care of your "beauty" and always feed it nice, new HP cartridges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you go shopping for your printer. Take your cardstock with you. SU's and Georgia Pacific 110lb cardstock if that's what you use and test it out.
Reply With Quote Likes