Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to creat a watermark in Corel photohouse 5?

I've been trying for about an hour and have gotten absolutely nowhere. I've watched Kurtus' tutoral 4-5 times. It seems easy, but I just can't figure it out as it doesn't have the same functions as the program kurtus uses and I cannot find similar features. Help PLEASE! I want to figure out how to do this myself!

My creative therapy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

i dont know but pm and i could make you one that you would be able to drag onto you photo.

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Does anyone know? Anyone at all?

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post
i dont know but pm and i could make you one that you would be able to drag onto you photo.
Thank you Chelsey, but I'd like to try and conquer this on my own! If I don't have any luck, I'll PM you.

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

Cheryl, I'd be happy to help but I've been working in image editing for about 20 years and I have never heard of Corel Photo House 5. Are you sure that is the name of your program? I've checked the Corel web site and they don't have a program by that name (they have Painter, Paintshop Pro, ULead Photo Impact and Photo Express). If you have Adobe Photoshop (any flavor) I can give you some help. Can you verify the name of your program and what version of OS you are working on? (WinXP, Win2000, WinNT, Win98, assuming not Vista or Mac--although I'm more at home on a Mac...but I train Photoshop Elements 3, 4, & 5 for scrapbooking on PC WinXP). I use Photoshop CS3 for my prof work. Hopefully one of us here on the forum can offer a helping hand. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatHouseView Post
Cheryl, I'd be happy to help but I've been working in image editing for about 20 years and I have never heard of Corel Photo House 5. Are you sure that is the name of your program? I've checked the Corel web site and they don't have a program by that name (they have Painter, Paintshop Pro, ULead Photo Impact and Photo Express). If you have Adobe Photoshop (any flavor) I can give you some help. Can you verify the name of your program and what version of OS you are working on? (WinXP, Win2000, WinNT, Win98, assuming not Vista or Mac--although I'm more at home on a Mac...but I train Photoshop Elements 3, 4, & 5 for scrapbooking on PC WinXP). I use Photoshop CS3 for my prof work. Hopefully one of us here on the forum can offer a helping hand. :-)

Thanks Vicki,
I'd appreciate any help I can get. I've been working on this all day now and getting NO WHERE! I'm working on Windows XP. Yes the name of the program is correct or at least that is the title that it comes up with on the menu. It could be another name for Corel custom photo. I think it was free with my printer or something. I also have corel printhouse 2000. The only Adobe program I have is Adobe reader. I just downloaded Picasa from the web, but still haven't been able to create a watermark with that. I have asked for photoshop elements for christmas, so if I can't figure it out before then I can just do it after christmas.

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylPennerView Post
Thanks Vicki,
I'd appreciate any help I can get. I've been working on this all day now and getting NO WHERE! I'm working on Windows XP. Yes the name of the program is correct or at least that is the title that it comes up with on the menu. It could be another name for Corel custom photo. I think it was free with my printer or something. I also have corel printhouse 2000. The only Adobe program I have is Adobe reader. I just downloaded Picasa from the web, but still haven't been able to create a watermark with that. I have asked for photoshop elements for christmas, so if I can't figure it out before then I can just do it after christmas.
I hope you get Photoshop Elements 5, it is a truly awesome program and the code is based on Photoshop CS2, so it can be a very powerful tool to use but also a very easy tool to use. If you go online, go to Amazon, look it up, then go to new and used, and look for it there. I got my full retail versions with rebates for $60. Since I teach it, that means I had three PSE4 copies to upgrade, so cost was only $40 per. They also do competitive upgrades, so you might be able to leverage that with what came with your printer. I wondered if that wasn't the case, that your program was an add-in with a printer or camera. Those programs are usually pretty limited or two or three revs old of current programs. If you do get PSE5, get Scott Kelby's Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 for Digital Photographers book. It is a step by step book with before and after pictures, with practice files you can download from the web, and I believe there is a lesson in there that will show you how to do your watermark. Scott Kelby is THE man when it comes to Photoshop and Photoshop has been around for 20 years doing image editing. Almost everyone uses it on the scrapbooking side. I use PS CS3 for stamp designing as well, when there's something I need to do that I can't do in Illustrator. PSE5 would do everything I do in PS CS3, I just work in CS3 on my Mac out of habit. I will wish, wish, wish for you to get PSE5 for Christmas, and make sure Santa buys you that book online too! If you want to use it to touch up your pics of cards, this is THE program to have. I could go on for days, but I'll stop here. If you get it, let me know, and I can run you through a step-by-step to create your watermark. It's easy in PSE5 and you can either make it simple or do something fancy with a 3-D effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

BTW, my husband is a Canadian import! His folks live up around Port Elgin up on Lake Huron in Ontario, about 4 hours north west of Toronto. He's British by birth but his parents moved to Canada when he was six months old. We're getting a little ice down here in the sticks, but I bet you all probably have snow! I won't ask how much...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

They probably have snow back east , but here in B.C. (or rather the southern part of B.C.) We usually only get dustings of snow a 1/2 dozen times or so over the winter. Last weekend we got 15-20 inches, but most of it was gone by monday night with the rain. Our weather is similer to that of Seattle. We get more rain than snow, but that's fine by me, I can handle driving in the wet stuff, not the white stuff!

As for photoshop elements, considering it's the only thing I asked for, there's a pretty good shot that that's what will be under the tree! And after my hubby has seen me frustrated all day trying to do this, I think the chances are even better!

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylPennerView Post
I've been trying for about an hour and have gotten absolutely nowhere. I've watched Kurtus' tutoral 4-5 times. It seems easy, but I just can't figure it out as it doesn't have the same functions as the program kurtus uses and I cannot find similar features. Help PLEASE! I want to figure out how to do this myself!

Cheryl I use to have Corel Photohouse 5 on my computer. and I know I use to add watermarks to my photo's.

I did find a website that might help you.

http://www.activewin.com/reviews/sof...corelpo5.shtml

And it might not. It's been a long time since I have used this program.

I'll have to look at my other computer and see just how to do it.

And I'll check back later on this thread.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Hey Cheryl!
Since I believe you all celebrate Boxing Day too, I'll have to slip you a PM with some web sites with cool brushes and stamps for Photoshop Elements. That will keep you busy... :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

WHOO HOO! Okay, so I got photo elements 5 from Santa, and I thought I had the watermark made, but when I go to put it on a photo it has a blue background. I followed Kurtus' tutorial to make it and I did NOT link the blue background when I linked the 3 layers. I can't figure out what went wrong! I'm taking a bit of a break and then I'll try again later. I know the more I play with it the more familiar I'll become with it and it WILL get easier, but I'm impatient!

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

Hey Cheryl!
Glad to hear you got Elements! I'm going to go look at that tutorial that you must be following (the one in the thread above?), and see what it's telling you to do. But, I'm going to step you out on how to do it in PSE 5 (should be same for vs 6, if that is what you have). If you purchase the Scott Kelby book "Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 for the Digital Photographer" you will find this lesson on pages 381-384 in the chapter titled "Showing It to Your Clients." If you want to go to my PSE blog, I'm posting the directions there. fixthatpicture.blogspot.com Those will be directions for a PC. If you have version 6, it should be the same, only purchase the book for version 6 if it is out. Buy it online, much cheaper than at a book store! PM me if you need more help. I'm going to my blog now to post the instructions.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Vicki!
I finally figured what I did wrong. I didn't set the background as a transparency. So I finally made a few watermarks and am happy with them. No I have to figure out why when I start with a pic that is 1.6 MB and I add a watermark that is approx 600 kb I end up with a picture that is now 46MB! That math just doesn't add up!

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

Hmm, after you save, go to Image>Resize>Image Size and check to see what the size and resolution of your document is. Using layers adds size, but not that much! I've posted my tutorial. Read through it as I am pretty sure the method I used is different than what you have probably done. I went through the exercise myself, again (I've taught this a few hundred times, but it never hurts to verify the steps--I do it from memory, but I followed the stepouts to make sure). The Watermark document should be about 644k. After you drag just the Watermark layer onto your image, it shouldn't create hardly any additional file size. I used a sample file that was 1.37 mb (size was 850 pixels by 565 pixels, or 11.8 x 7.847 inches at 72 dpi resolution). After dragging the layer, it didn't add any appreciable file size, it pretty much stays the same size. After you size it for the web, it will be well under 1mb. I didn't post my finished picture, but I will go back up and put it on my Fix That Picture blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

The pic is posted, along with a bit more info. There are so many ways to do things in Photoshop, it's mind-boggling. Mostly it depends on how much time you want to spend and how fancy you want to be. The best way to ultimately do this is to make it a brush. Then you just click it and "Whoop, there it is!" and no opening, closing, remembering, etc. I'll have to add a tutorial on the blog for creating brushes. Someday. tee hee hee There's no rest for the weary...
Reply With Quote Likes