Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of SU's new vinyl wall decor line?
Love it! Can't wait to buy! 290 33.30%
Not thrilled... wish it had been more stamping/scrapbooking stuff 440 50.52%
I haven't decided yet. 141 16.19%
Voters: 871. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperdoll StephView Post
I just thought it would be fun to do a poll to see what were people's initial reactions to the new product line, and whether more people were excited about it or weren't interested, because it seems like people around here are pretty split on it. In marketing surveys, they ask all the time your thoughts on a product without doing full demonstrations. In one of the threads I listed in my OP there is a brochure link, too, so demos and some customers (like me) have had a chance to view the product.
I'm glad you did do a poll - I thought I was one of the few who didn't care for it. It would seem that I'm not goofy after all! Thanks for doing the poll & starting the thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by akstampmamaView Post
I think a lot of people are just plain missing the point - this is a NEW PRODUCT line added to Stampin' Up! If it was more scrapbook/stamping stuff then it wouldn't be "new" would it? There will be new stamps & new scrapbooking stuff out in the new catalog in August. Until then this is something new for us to consider. I personally have mixed feelings about how many of these you can sell to any individual customer but I like them and I don't feel that they are that big of a leap from stamping. BTW I have heard from several of my customers who are quite excited about the whole thing.
Well said Stephanie...I was going through the thread and I was thinking the same thing. This is an AND. This is not going to take away from anything in the catalog. This is a seperate brochure. And as far as selling so many to different customers...I'm hoping they come out with some that are holiday based! That way you can totally change up a room for the Holiday or season!

Visit My Stampin' Up! Website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by akstampmamaView Post
I think a lot of people are just plain missing the point - this is a NEW PRODUCT line added to Stampin' Up! If it was more scrapbook/stamping stuff then it wouldn't be "new" would it? There will be new stamps & new scrapbooking stuff out in the new catalog in August. Until then this is something new for us to consider. I personally have mixed feelings about how many of these you can sell to any individual customer but I like them and I don't feel that they are that big of a leap from stamping. BTW I have heard from several of my customers who are quite excited about the whole thing.
When they added the Cropadile, that was a new product because they hadn't carried that before, yet it was scrapbooking related. If they added a bunch of items for scrapbooking (like SU specific Cuttlebug embossing folders) that would have been a whole new product line - yet cardmaking/scrapbooking related. It would have been a series of similar products that weren't previously carried by SU. The vinyl wall deco items are a series of similar products that weren't previously carried by SU but they happen to be outside the traditional stamping/scrapbooking area. So, new scrapbooking stuff unlike what SU has previously had would have been "new", too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #44  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
Well I know some people think it's too early, but I can say that I don't have any interest in it. I live in an apartment and can't put that kind of stuff on my walls. So it doesn't really matter what cool designs or colors this stuff is available in, I have no use for it.

I am also not sure what this product has to do with STAMPIN' Up??? I think being able to decorate stamp room walls and the like is great, but I don't understand why STAMPIN Up is offering this type of product. If I can't use it on my projects, what is the point? I know there are going to be varying opinons, it just doesn't thrill me because I can't use it. I'd love to be able to purchase embossing folders that match SU sets, or more color choices, or something I can actually use in my projects. JMO
I think many SU! customers do not just use their items for card making and scrapbooking. I know I do a lot of paper crafting and altering of items. Their are some sizes in the new Decor Elements that will be perfect to continue to alter things with...think picture frames, dishes, flower pots, ect...I am really excited to get these in my hands and to start playing around with them. And in the new catalog there are going to be some new color choices...and who knows about embossing folders. This is just the *new* product line.

Visit My Stampin' Up! Website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage RedheadView Post
Pardon my frank and forthright opinion:

I think this is just plain stupid.

Gasoline right now is nearly $4.50/gal right now. The economy has everyone scared. Flooding in the midwest is only going to drive prices on food and fuel even higher by fall. Flower gardens are being plowed under and replaced by vegetable gardens. People are being *very* discerning with the small amount of "disposable" income they have to spend on extras. Those of us who stamp have already cut back. And right *now* they choose to release vinyl wall clings? Doesn't strike me as a very sound business decision...whether the catalog was planned six months ago or not!

And another thing: If I was a still a demo and spent two or three weeks hyping up a *NEW* product line for them to customers, I would have been downright *pissed*. As a stamper/scrapbooker, the words "New Product Line" means something innovative in the stamping and scrapbooking realm: A hot new variety of ink that turns to edible cheese dust...lickable, chocolate-flavored buttons...self-cleaning stamps. I am certainly not looking to my rubber stamp company to for *home decor* other than how I can use their products to make something for my home that is 100% handcrafted and fits my color scheme and tastes.

I honestly can't think of one single former customer that would be interested in this crap.
OMGosh... peeing my pants!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

I think if they debuted this not under the Stampin' Up! name, they would probably have to find a new means of distribution (SU! Demos couldn't have sold it?). And, for now, with this initial offering, there isn't enough there to have Decor Demonstrators with a whole separate product line and sign up and kit, etc. I guess it just made sense to offer it for sale by those who were already demonstrators (the established distribution method that is working).

Plus, others have made mention of other companies that have tried to diversify from their initial offerings - like Longaberger, Avon - heck, even Pampered Chef keeps having more and more "Tastefully Simple-like" seasonings and mixes and food offerings. I don't fault a company for trying to diversify ESPECIALLY in this economic climate of $4 gas...it might be the only way to stay solvent to attract new customers with new product lines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

I just can't see why people are so angry/upset at SU about this. No one is saying you have to buy these instead of stamps, no one is saying you have to stop stamping, no one is taking your stamps away from you and likewise no one is telling demos they HAVE to sell these. And you are still getting a whole NEW catalogue of NEW stamping and scrapbooking products in August - you don't yet know what is/is not in it!

If you don't like the new Decor Elements, that's fine, just don't buy them. But there is no reason to completely abuse a company just because they are trying to diversify....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Go with the flow! I have scrapbook friends who don't stamp with me. I have friends who are not crafty (although many of them are!) When I emailed friends and family members a note about what stampin up was selling I got instant responses from the non crafty friends who want them and want them NOW! Not everyone will want them. I'm hoping Stampin Up branches out even more and I can have tons more fun showing people the possibilities of all kinds of different craft products. What Fun!!! I don't give a hoot if my stamp club isn't interested but I'll bet you money that some are. I already have some other people interested and that was just with a swift email. They haven't even seen all the pics yet. Bring on more products. I'm ready!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

I don't think seeing the product will change my mind, because it isn't about the quality of the product. I have ZERO interest in spending money on wall decor, period. I'd rather buy something fun. Now, I'm sure there are a lot of people who like to decorate more than I do. If SU has hired more people to come up with this product, and so it is not taking personnel, money and time away from their regular products, more power to them.
However, I DON'T think it's in the same line with what they are already doing. Sure, it's "decorative" but it's not something you are CREATING yourself.
Just MO, no interest here.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #50  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpiecreatesView Post
I just can't see why people are so angry/upset at SU about this. No one is saying you have to buy these instead of stamps, no one is saying you have to stop stamping, no one is taking your stamps away from you and likewise no one is telling demos they HAVE to sell these. And you are still getting a whole NEW catalogue of NEW stamping and scrapbooking products in August - you don't yet know what is/is not in it!

If you don't like the new Decor Elements, that's fine, just don't buy them. But there is no reason to completely abuse a company just because they are trying to diversify....
True, EXCEPT...
are they spending resources on developing this instead of what they are already committed to? I'd like to see all this energy and creativity going into the stamping & scrappin' stuff : )
Also, it's great for the demos to have another option to make money--except for those who are already selling a competing product (that they never would have dreamed would be sold by SU--I mean, if SU decided to sell candles, and you were a Candle Light rep, wouldn't you be upset?).

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #51  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

IMNSHO: It's because they are branding them under the SU! umbrella. The Gardner's own Clearsnap. They have maintained two separate companies, two separate brands. Why not give these wall clinging-thingeys their own separate brand? What is the purpose of keeping them under the SU! brand? Why not brand them differently but tage them with: "From the company that brought you Stampin' Up! and Cats Eyes..."

That's what is making me all pissy about it. ~ kbc
I'm sorry, I still don't understand why it makes people so angry.

I am glad that they are SU because this way I can sell them and I don't have to buy into another company, I'm already here.

I just showed my printed off brochure to 3 people tonight and they love them. Not everyone has to love everything and I'm excited that I don't have to spend anymore money to be able to sell these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

I voted that I was disappointed that it wasn't stamp/scrapbook oriented, but I was able to sneak a look from my demo and I reserve the right to change my mind! Some of those images had me looking at my family room differently!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #53  
Crimping Master

I think this whole debate over vinyl wall clings is stupid. Like it or not, there will be customers for this type of product, and SU is cashing in on it. Time will tell whether or not the product line was a good business decision for SU, not a bunch of us sitting in front of our computers armchair quarter-backing it. You don't have to like it, and you don't have to buy it. You don't even have to look at the catty, since it's separate from the main catty. You want more scrapping and stamping stuff instead - wait until the new catty comes out, and hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Again - it's just wall clings, people. Carry on.

My blog: Stephanie B. Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm kind of on the fence. I'm all for sharing them with my customers. I like a few of them myself. My problem is that every wall in my house is textured, and that is an area the company recommends you don't put them. I will just have to stick to displaying them on picture frames or plates. I think we'll all just have to wait and see how this rides out. Look at Microsoft and Apple two great companies that sell computers. I think it's possible for Stampin' Up to make a dent in the home decor dept. People are in to one stop shopping if they like stamps and vinyl clings why not buy them from the same company? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
True, EXCEPT...
are they spending resources on developing this instead of what they are already committed to? I'd like to see all this energy and creativity going into the stamping & scrappin' stuff : )
How do you know that they aren't still putting as much energy and creativity into the stampin & scrappin stuff. You can't make that judgement until the new Catty comes out in August. You all are gonna start looking silly if the new catty is absolutely awesome (and it will be..)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #56  
Crimping Master

Wink Don't knock it till ya try it!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I thought I would hate the stuff, but I saw the brochure and I like it. I will get something for my craft room. Maybe having something beautiful on the wall will turn on my stamping mojo, which has been missing................
Me too... Now I am constantly looking for places to add some vinyl bling.
I love it!!!
So excited to share the news with EVERYONE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

IMNSHO: It's because they are branding them under the SU! umbrella. The Gardner's own Clearsnap. They have maintained two separate companies, two separate brands. Why not give these wall clinging-thingeys their own separate brand? What is the purpose of keeping them under the SU! brand? Why not brand them differently but tage them with: "From the company that brought you Stampin' Up! and Cats Eyes..."

That's what is making me all pissy about it. ~ kbc
We all know that they branded it under the SU! umbrella because of the built-in sales force that's already in place. Put in under a different company name and they'd have to spend much more time and company money promoting it, trying to get people to recognize the product with all the similar products out there from established companies. Put it under SU! and the existing demos will do all that for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am not that great at decorating either, but figure this might look like I have a clue. And it's removable, so it will be fun to try it out.

The new catalog is not even out yet, so lots to be excited for! As a demo, I think this helps the hostess out for some that might never use stamps but might like the home decor aspect. It's not just for wall, but frames, pots, etc... I saw one that put it on a glass door and it looked really cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Hate it!!!!!!!!!!

My customers and I all agree this new wall design stuff is sooooooooo not for us. We have seen UCL and don't like that either. So disappointed that this is thier new line.
now raising Grand-Kitties: Ozma >^..^^..^< & Zane >^..^>-(�`v��)->> James 1:17 >>-(�`v��)->>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #60  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

True, EXCEPT...
Also, it's great for the demos to have another option to make money--except for those who are already selling a competing product (that they never would have dreamed would be sold by SU--I mean, if SU decided to sell candles, and you were a Candle Light rep, wouldn't you be upset?).
I guess I'm not sure why there is this insistance that SU must focus all of their resources and energy in one area so that they can accomodate representatives who chose to split their resources and energies between two different companies.

As for the products themselves, They're great even for stampers who do not like them. Why? Because now you can have a workshop and invite the non-crafty freinds and neighbors. This is something that they may be very much interested in, and their purchases of wall decor will fund your stamping goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Default I LOVE IT!!!!

I think this is great, I can see myself selling alot of this stuff. I have friends and family members who have no interest in stamping or scrapbooking but they are gonna love this!!!

I sent out my newsletter and already have three sales and many others who have emailed me to say that they can hardly wait to order it.!!! WOOHOO

WAY TO GO SU!!!!:p

Last edited by luv my dolly; 06-20-2008 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: grammar error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Personally for me I have no interest. I'd rather spend any extra money on stamping and scrapbooking stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I don't think it is too early to ask what people think about SU selling such an item. As I said in my previous post. Doesn't really matter how cool it is. I already know I can't use it. So I'm not thrilled. Unless SU can change my apartment lease or guarantee that I can remove it without any trace, I can say without a doubt that it doesn't interest me.

It does sound like a cool product... just wish it was something I could use. Oh well, there is plenty of other stuff out there to spend my money on.
It is removable - not reusable but removable. No different than the Cricut cling or Uppercase Living stuff - that is one of the bonuses, nomads or non-homeowners can use it to decorate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
It is removable - not reusable but removable. No different than the Cricut cling or Uppercase Living stuff - that is one of the bonuses, nomads or non-homeowners can use it to decorate.
But is there a guarantee that it will be removed without any sign it was there? Does SU guarantee this completely? Not trying to be snarky, but I would lose my deposit if I applied them and then had problems removing it. I don't really know anything about the Cricut, etc. Doesn't it have adhesive on the back to make it stick to the walls? I guess I'll wait until someone tries to use it and remove it and shares the experience they had before I decide whether I want to chance it.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

But is there a guarantee that it will be removed without any sign it was there? Does SU guarantee this completely? Not trying to be snarky, but I would lose my deposit if I applied them and then had problems removing it. I don't really know anything about the Cricut, etc. Doesn't it have adhesive on the back to make it stick to the walls? I guess I'll wait until someone tries to use it and remove it and shares the experience they had before I decide whether I want to chance it.
I doubt there is ever that sort of guarantee. And depending on the sun exposure the non-covered areas of the wall will fade differently from those that aren't covered.

And if you smoke or burn alot of candles, the smoke will discolor the uncovered walls differently than the covered ones. (The house we moved in had terrible smoke stains on all of the studs. we had zebra walls. And DH moved out of an apartment that had tobacco stains on the walls- from poor ventalation from a downstairs neighbor. That was disgusting.)

So even if they don't leave marks themselves, there is no guarantee they won't effect change on the wall surface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #66  
Gabfest Goddess

The very last item on the instructions is a little disclaimer:

"Note: This product may affect the paint on some surfaces and wall coverings."

So, the only guarantee is that there is no guarantee. If you put them up, the risk (and any potential loss) is entirely on you as the consumer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #67  
Gabfest Goddess

Kinda like its my responsibility and I assume the risk when I buy a picture & put a hole in the wall to hang the artwork. Kinda.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
We all know that they branded it under the SU! umbrella because of the built-in sales force that's already in place. Put in under a different company name and they'd have to spend much more time and company money promoting it, trying to get people to recognize the product with all the similar products out there from established companies. Put it under SU! and the existing demos will do all that for them.
And maybe to give us more opportunity for more income? Maybe?
AND if they DID make it a separate company, how many of you (general) would REALLY complain about SU making a WHOLE new company, and not put it in existing company. In some eyes, SU just CANNOT win.

(Vintage Redheads quote didnt show up in my reply, my post is in reply to both)

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #69  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

True, EXCEPT...
Well, sorry to say this but you don't know what you are talking about. SU specifically announced that they have staff dedicated to just this product. They are not taking away people from the stamping and scrapbooking line of products to develop this line. SU has their act together and whether you like a product or not doesn't mean that they don't know how to run their business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

Default I don't get it!

I assume SU knows what it is doing from business standpoint, but, quite frankly, I just don't get it. My friends and I all agree that this is not something we would ever want. I've just transitioned my whole house from wallpaper to paint and love it. Wouldn't want to clutter up the walls with vinyl stuff, especially since there is no guarantee that it won't affect the wall surface that I've just gotten painted! Plus, I didn't see anything in the brochure that I would ever want on my walls.
I'll just stick with my stamps and card making, thank you. As long as I can still get my stamps and accessories, I will continue to use SU products, just not the new line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

I prefer stamping to home decorating. I think it may be a hard sell to my customers who love to scrapbook and make cards. I think SU should stick to what they are good at-rubber stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Although I haven't really decided yet on what I think about the wall decor, I will have to say that I plan on getting 1 or 2 of them for myself to try. It just seems a bit off for a stamping company, but who knows.....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

They loook nice BUT I think SU should just stick to stamps, Ink , Paper and Stamping accessories too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #74  
Crimping Master

What's the deal with SU? Is it me or was the stamp selection in the last catty blah?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #75  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmomnhView Post
What's the deal with SU? Is it me or was the stamp selection in the last catty blah?
It's not just you.

I thought the selection was better in the last (current) catty than the one previous to that, but neither was anywhere as good as it has been in the last several years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #76  
Polyshrink Goddess

I happen to like them a lot, not that I think that really matters. Target (and lots of other stores) sells lots of things that I think are hideous and I don't buy them. I am sure some of those things aren't successful, but lots of things I don't personally like sell very well for retail stores. I just can't imagine why anyone would care what new things SU sells as long as they still have the great color coordinated inks and cardstocks and their stamps that make such clear images.
Just don't buy the wall decor if you don't like it.
Roberta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #77  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpiecreatesView Post

I so agree with you Sharlene. As a demo if you don't like them, you don't have to promote them. And as a SU customer you can choose to purchase whatever product you like. Win win situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

We'll see! I've not yet decided if I like it or not! I'm not overly excited about it, but I am relieved that I don't *have* to have it right this minute! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

wasn't sure, now I kind of like them....and as for the $ thing....this wouldn't come from my "stampin budget".....it's a home item, like curtains....or that is how I would "sell" the idea to DH. ;) I love the idea of the "happiness" one over a cute pic of my kids laughing or something.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #80  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
Well, sorry to say this but you don't know what you are talking about. SU specifically announced that they have staff dedicated to just this product. They are not taking away people from the stamping and scrapbooking line of products to develop this line. SU has their act together and whether you like a product or not doesn't mean that they don't know how to run their business.
wow, this must be what some people call "bashing..." I feel completely bashed by this response. I did not say they WERE taking people away, I said ARE THEY? as in, it's a QUESTION.
This was a POLL and I gave my opinion.
All I was doing was trying to answer the question some people asked about why some are upset about this. I am not a demo. I don't really care what SU decides to do! But I DO think there is a legitimate concern for those who ARE demos, as far as how this will affect the company (it could be a loss, hopefully won't be).
Having "dedicated" staff could just mean those people were taken from their regular jobs they were already doing. Someone has to fill in for them, then. Believe me, I worked in manufacturing and I've seen it happen--so much energy and resources go into developing the new product that nothing really happens to improve the existing products. That's fine, as far as I'm concerned; their choice and it may be a fine business decision. But it COULD mean less effort into the product area that I am personally interested in. That's all I am saying. Geez.
I won't be "embarrassed" (as another poster claimed) if the new catalog is gorgeous, because I did NOT SAY that it won't be! Just that it COULD be.
I understand both sides of the issue, really.
I did like some of the images I saw in the sneak peek, (someone posted on another thread) but I still won't use them. I didn't buy the rub-ons either! To me, the advantage of stamps is that you can use them over & over in whatever colors you want to. A rub-on is just like a sticker--use it and it's gone. That's fine, but not the same investment as stamping.

Reply With Quote Likes