Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Please help out with missing decor for my room

Okay ladies. I have a dilemma. I finally have finished my stamping studio/ scrap room (well, just about everything except for the curtains) but..... I seriously need "something" on the walls on each side of the window. If you can take a peek at my gallery, there you will see pics of my space and let me know what you would add on each side of the window. I'm very much so at a loss with this, that is why I have decided to ask my fellow stampers' advice. I was thinking shelves or words or something. Please help me out with this if you can... any creative or different idea would be great. Thanks so much. HUGS! Nicole :mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I love your area, you did a great job with setting up your room. As for what to put besides the windows, I would go with photos of your family or some kind of scenary, I wouldn't put anything that would take away from the rest of the room, just something simple. Have fun in your room and make sure you let us know what you decide to put up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking something to put on the wall to display your handmade cards.
I have a wreath that has those spirals in it to put the cards in.
Something like that on each side of the window would balance it, and give you great display space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Post Re: Help on my room, GOODIES for best idea!

I have an idea. I hope this doesn't sound corny! To make it a little bit more fun... I want to do a little contest. I was thinking something like whoever comes up with the most clever idea for me to use & I end up using it in my room, I will send you a few goodies. :mrgreen: I truly appreciate all of your help & I hope I can figure out what to do. :confused: I'm a bit OCD and I haven't come up with anything that has pushed me over the edge to actually put something up yet. Any other suggestions??? (You all are so AWESOME, Thanks again. HUGS! Nicole : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I always thought of using a couple of shutters..... you can show off your cards by placing them in the slats...which makes it versatile and you can change it as you please, not to mention paint them to match your space. Just a thought. I'm envious of all of your storage!!! Good luck with finding something that works for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Why not use SU new decor items? My friend/demo used them in her stamp room and they are beautiful! She used the word "create" with the definition all in one line across the top of the sliding door and put flourishes on the sides of the woodwork. It's gorgeous! And if she ever gets sick of it, it comes right off. Good luck. I hope you post a pic of what you finally decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Any luck yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideas

I haven't seen your gallery, but when I was planning my small stampin space, I decided to take all the 6x6 scrapbook pages made in my Stampers 10 Club and use that as artwork above all my acryllic storage and around the entire "white space" in my small closet. I love that I am using my creations as decoration in my small space, as it gives a burst of color and inspiration.

HTH
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

similar to what Jane D said, I actually used my Cricut to cut out the word "CREATE" in 11" letters, white vinyl. I bought the vinyl at AC Moore with my 40% coupon, and was able to spell out the word on my wall. I plan on surrounding it with some flourishes, etc.

Good Luck to you! Post pictures when it's all done!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I think that you should make something to match to display your work or pictures on. It is really easy to make your own - all you need are a couple of foam boards from hl or michaels or wherever, some fabric that you like, some ribbon, buttons and a glue gun. I think that I have a picture of one I made with scraps that I had in my gallery...I can't remember...if not, I can send you a picture. I think it would be really pretty to add in there. You could either get a pretty print fabric that matches your colors or a solid fabric that is a shade off of your walls, and then use white ribbon on it. Then you could put whatever you wanted on it, and change it out whenever you wanted. I'm going to go check my gallery and see if I can find it....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Ok, not in my gallery, but you can see an ok picture of it on my blog. Not the best picture - it is from my room in our old house...but it is in the first and third picture on this page in my blog. Sorry I don't know what you would call them. IT was super easy to make. My grandmother made one for my son before he was born and she doesn't sew or anything.

http://jaxbabie3stuff.blogspot.com/2...raft-area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideas

Forgot to mention that I have a picture of this in my gallery as well as in the stampin spaces. The picture in the stampin spaces was posted in June.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxbabie3View Post
Ok, not in my gallery, but you can see an ok picture of it on my blog. Not the best picture - it is from my room in our old house...but it is in the first and third picture on this page in my blog. Sorry I don't know what you would call them. IT was super easy to make. My grandmother made one for my son before he was born and she doesn't sew or anything.

http://jaxbabie3stuff.blogspot.com/2...raft-area.html
They're usually called French memo or bulletin boards.

As for the OP, if the window you're talking about is the window you can only see half of, I don;t know that I would put anything up. Looking at your pictures it seems like there's not that much room. I would be worried about making that section seem crowded versus the clean look of the rest of the room. I'd also wait until after putting the curtains up. They might really make you look at it differently

Just my 2 cents

"I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
How can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

AC Moore and Michaels have frames for record albums - 12 x 12 pages fit perfectly in them! I have my favorite scrapbook pages displayed in them - easy to change a the mood or season hits me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

This isn't really original or clever but SU has a great line of wall decor that will be available that would look awesome in that room. Have you seen them?
Here's a link to their "decor elements"
http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...ements_web.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by valeriecathleenView Post
AC Moore and Michaels have frames for record albums - 12 x 12 pages fit perfectly in them! I have my favorite scrapbook pages displayed in them - easy to change a the mood or season hits me!
Thanks for sharing that information! I have been thinking about making 12X12 calendar pages, but needed a frame to fit them....so that you can use dry erase markers on the glass...and change them from month to month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Your craft room looks a lot like mine (well, its shared with the family's computer network)...a bonus room over a garage so the walls are kinda short and the ceiling is slanted. It looks you already have something hanging on the right side of the window. If it were my room, I might find a nice clock or picture to put on the left side of the window. I suggested a clock because they can look really nice in a room and it gives you a way to keep track of time if needed.

Also, that room is just screaming for some SU! decor elements! They have some really nice flourishes and stuff already, or you can wait a bit and see what's coming out in Phase II (supposed to be more designs and colors!). You could do some really neat stuff with the decor elements along the walls, corners, and with the unique ceiling.

Just tossing my opinion in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

How about two smaller type shelves on each side to display pretty glass bottles of Prima flowers, buttons, and bits of leftever ribbons.

I love your space!!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Default Here is what I did

I decided to go with my favorite cards for my stamping room wall. Here is a picture My stamping space - wall display by kmccullo at Splitcoaststampers

I need to hang the other thing I bought for beside the windows. It is a frame with three coat hooks on it. I thought I could put pictures of the family in them and hang cards or supplies off of ribbons from the hooks.

Hope this helps.

Kate

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Thanks so much...keep the ideas rolling : )

OMG ladies, I have to say that 90% of you have way better ideas for that space then I do. :confused: I love all of the wonderful ideas. You are all awesome. Please by all means, keep the ideas rolling in. Just for some of you that may not already know... whatever I end up going with in my room, the person that told me to do it (even if it's 2 ideas from 2 of you, one on each side of the window) I am putting together goodie bags for those people. I just wanted to make it a little more fun for you all. Please do not get me wrong, I do appreciate all of your great ideas. Just wanted to spice it up a bit. HUGS and MANY THANKS! Nicole :mrgreen: Any more bright ideas????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Oh your room is just darling! I love everything about it, especially the vivid colors! You are so very blessed and I hope you have many happy stamping memories in there! Other than probably a cute window treatment (I'm a curtain gal myself!), I would add a small clock - I recently found these, how cute are they! http://www.psrock.com/galleries.php The one that says *things to make besides money: friends, dreams, wishes, etc* is so sweet! Or there are cute whimsical shelves, too! They really add a touch of fun and whimsy to a room, and perfect for adding cards from friends!
http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10018852 Enjoy your room, you are so very lucky!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

I would love to have a room this size just for my use. Lucky you.

Do you only have the one window? It looks like it is pretty much blocked by the cabinet/counter already, and I think adding curtains on the window will block out even more natural light. I would simply put up a nice valance, or a colorful rod sleeve.

If you will be working at this area a lot and need small items within easy reach, you might want to consider putting pegboard on the walls to hang things such as scissors, hand held punches, rulers, glue dots, your heat tool, and even Stampin' Around wheels.

Good luck and have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh your room is just darling! I love everything about it, especially the vivid colors! You are so very blessed and I hope you have many happy stamping memories in there! Other than probably a cute window treatment (I'm a curtain gal myself!), I would add a small clock - I recently found these, how cute are they! http://www.psrock.com/galleries.php The one that says *things to make besides money: friends, dreams, wishes, etc* is so sweet! Or there are cute whimsical shelves, too! They really add a touch of fun and whimsy to a room, and perfect for adding cards from friends!
http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10018852 Enjoy your room, you are so very lucky!
Hi Kelly and Thanks so much for your input, you all are so great! Every one of you are so creative & the best thing is..... Everyone doesn't have the same taste. Which makes it so different, ya know? I went to check out the www.psrock.com/galleries.php[/url] and it was blank it said it can not be displayed??:confused: If you can resend me the link that would be great! Thanks again. HUGS! Nicole : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarleighaView Post
Hi Kelly and Thanks so much for your input, you all are so great! Every one of you are so creative & the best thing is..... Everyone doesn't have the same taste. Which makes it so different, ya know? I went to check out the www.psrock.com/galleries.php[/url] and it was blank it said it can not be displayed??:confused: If you can resend me the link that would be great! Thanks again. HUGS! Nicole : )
Hi Nicole - it could be my laptop! It's a really pretty site that just has "different" types of clocks, and the one about friendship really stood out for me so I wanted to pass it along. Here it is again, but in case it doesn't work I will try to PM you the site as well so you can take a peek. It's really pretty to see!
http://www.psrock.com/galleries.php

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes