Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help im so irritated right now

Stampendous Glory To God - Rubber Stamp - 123Stitch.com

I have used all different kinds of ink/paper combinations on this stamp and no matter what i do it doesnt come out clearly.

I used stazon/ versafine/ colorbox pigment ink/ stamping marker.....I tried watercolor paper.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.-Ephesians 4:32
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadybeadinView Post

I have used all different kinds of ink/paper combinations on this stamp and no matter what i do it doesn't come out clearly.

I used stazon/ versafine/ colorbox pigment ink/ stamping marker.....I tried watercolor paper.
When you say it is not stamping clearly do you mean some of the lines are not stamping? Or do you mean the lines are fuzzy ?

If some of the lines are not stamping then try using a mouse pad under the cardstock and the cushion should help. Press all over the wood mount to be sure you have applied equal pressure on the entire stamp before you lift it off the cardstock . Also check your stamp to be sure all of the stamp is getting ink

If the lines are fuzzy either you have too much ink on it or you are pressing to hard when you stamp the image .

Let us know what the stamped image looks like that is not clear and others may have further suggestions .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Have you tried rubbing the stamp LIGHTLY with fine sandpaper? I've heard a lot of people recommend that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
Have you tried rubbing the stamp LIGHTLY with fine sandpaper? I've heard a lot of people recommend that.
I've also read that on here, and I'm going to try it on one of my stamps that is causing me stamping grief. I have one of the square nail buffers that I thought might work well for this. I'm afraid to think of what I would do with a real piece of sandpaper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

You're much less likely to need to sand a rubber stamp than a clear one, though, and that looks like a rubber one.
Watercolour paper definitely isn't going to help, because of the rougher surface. Try it on something really smooth, like glossy card, to see if you can get a good impression on that.
My personal experience with StazOn is that you can sometimes pick up a bit of unwanted texture from the stamp pad, but I must say I've never had that problem with Versafine.
I'm sorry for your frustration - I hope you find a way to get a good impression.

Maybe if you attached a photo here in this thread it would help us to see where the problem is, or at least how it's not stamping clearly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Does it ink up easily or are you finding there are spots missing when you tap it with the flat of an inkpad? If there are spots missing, it might mean you have a defective stamp (doesn't happen often but does happen occasionally).

If it inks up evenly, I would try a very smooth cardstock (something like Simply Smooth or, I beleive SU! Whisper White although I've never used it) and put something slightly cushy underneath (a sheet of fun foam is good, a mouse mat, even an old telephone directly or thick magazine). I'd use Versafine as it's the ink most likely to solve just about any stamping issue and then as it's quite a big stamp I'd work down the whole length of it with the flat of my hand before lifting it.

Hope you find something to get it to work, it's frustrating to have new toys that don't play nice!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Ugh thanks guys. I tortured myself some more this morning. I tried stazon and versafine. The stazon is getting too much ink and the image is blotchy. The versafine does not get enough ink and the image is all there with crisp lines but not solid lines. Either way, it looks completely inked up before I stamp it. I'm going to take a photo and post it. brb.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.-Ephesians 4:32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadybeadinView Post

I have used all different kinds of ink/paper combinations on this stamp and no matter what i do it doesnt come out clearly.

Something else you could try. Use a Brayer to ink your stamp. This way the stamp will have even ink on it.

And you won't get too much or too little ink on the stamp.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

When I have issues with stamping a longer image like the one you are using I sometimes try stamping on a small cutting board. I was stamping the tall pine tree from Lovely as a Tree and no matter how much I inked it up there were pieces missing when I stamped it. As you said, when you look at it before stamping there was ink on all the image but it just didn't stamp all the image. I bought a small cutting board from the $store and stamped on that and the image turned out perfect.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a larger, more detailed stamp, you may have to stamp it upside down. Ink it up, and then place it ink side up on the table. Then press your card stock directly on to the inked image. You can even use a clean brayer over the card stock before you lift it up.

I've found this to be the case with large detailed stamps. I could get a great image on the borders, but then centers never came out well, no matter how hard I pressed them into the card stock.

Some folks have better luck using a foam-type of surface on the table top, as it gives a little cushion and makes the stamping of those larger stamps a little more detailed.

Hope these tips help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree with maryrose - do it upside down. I use all of my background stamps this way. Another option that works well is the Fiskars Stamp Press. You can press your hands all over it to make sure you've pressed every part of the image...

Reply With Quote Likes