Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2022, 09:23 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Pinterest card pins

About two weeks ago my home feed is crazy full of adds. I pin 99% of card related things.No matter I report spam or not relevant it only gets worse. I checked home feed which is what it should be.
contacted Pinterest twice without a responce.

I barely get any posted cards ……each day less and less. Any ideas out there.
Thanks in advance.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2022, 11:43 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

ugh. I am getting a lot of ads too on my feed. I just keep telling them I have no interest. It helps but does not stop them.

Some time ago I stopped getting feed from people I follow-very disappointing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

This is exactly what I am encountering. I guess they don’t care to respond. I am also not getting any pins for people I follow

unless more complain they probably won’t respond as I suspect they are making money off these adds compared to what you and I use this site for.

I am sure there are more than you and I experiencing this and perhaps they have not contacted Pinterest. They don’t even care when you report spam.
thanks for replying so I know it’s. Not something I am doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the same for me, too. I've come to the point where I only use Pinterest when I am searching for something in particular, but even then I am getting ads. I don't think my homepage is showing any pins from those people that I follow.

I've also been frustrated with Instagram due to the ads. I quit IG for some time because of them, thought I'd go back to it and now it seems like everything on my feed is IG videos or ads...
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Chinocookie (11-02-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I am convinced that there are many more who have chosen Not to contact Pinterest.Interesting as well that if you play solitaire or scrabble there are also much more adds.

if my feed is right then the problem is with their system.
whether Spam, irrelevant to me, or not a language I understand…….. gets no attention.

I too am not getting people I follow .

I have in mind to contact them and flat out lie, that this has caught the attention of social media and people are not happy. I wonder that would grab their attention 😂

Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (10-26-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 09:03 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 204 Posts

For me this is not new, about a year ago I routinely started clicking on my FOLLOWING list and browsing their ALL PINS folder. When an advertisement annoys me I click SEE THIS TOO OFTEN and that works for a while. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by gaylestamps:
Dakota Stamper (12-28-2022), fl_beachbum (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would click on not appropriate but I feel that is excessive for normal ads-I just dont want to see them. But it does work-I will do that for some.

Oh it isnt just you Canada goose. I have heard a lot of people have left social media bc of that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

It does not seem to matter what you click on ……they say tune your feed.
it must be automated because if they were monitoring the site they would see a whole slew of not interested etc being selected or not a language I don’t understand.
also the duplication of pins Your delete seems to multiply by the number you delete.

I have noticed over last couple of days, my feed will list some cards then turns into a huge number of things I would never be interested in.So i am scrolling down quickly to get back to cards. This site is certainly not what it started out to be, and appears to have no moderators or people policing site,just a bunch of automated answers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I just noticed that 503 people have read this post. However hard to believe only a couple of people have responded. Those that are having same problem.

just noticed and wondered how many people this thread resonated with, or simple curiosity to see what the thread said. Just thinking😀
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I have been having this same problem for years. My feed is literally mostly adds. No pins from people I follow. I have to do a specific search for what I am looking for. Pinterest used to be so nice. Its a shame what has happened to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2022, 08:24 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Agree with all the comments, Facebook is also full of ads, many of them are scams. I rarely log in to either site, not on any others either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2022, 07:07 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I am convinced that due to all the adds everywhere …….it’s all about the money.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by canada goose:
Chinocookie (11-02-2022), lynkim (11-01-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 07:27 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Canada Goose, how can you tell how many have viewed this post? I'm rather computer illiterate but I'll write my experience with Pinterest: I don't Follow anyone. I don't know how, and don't know why one would do that. I open Pinterest and they throw out things similar to posts I have viewed or saved. VERY few ads, ever! I search by name, for cards using stamp sets I have, or general themes like Autumn. I search for recipes by name in general "Lemon muffins" or some such.
I truly get very few ads to delete. Maybe it's part of their system when you Follow? I LOVE PINTEREST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
Canada Goose, how can you tell how many have viewed this post? I'm rather computer illiterate but I'll write my experience with Pinterest: I don't Follow anyone. I don't know how, and don't know why one would do that. I open Pinterest and they throw out things similar to posts I have viewed or saved. VERY few ads, ever! I search by name, for cards using stamp sets I have, or general themes like Autumn. I search for recipes by name in general "Lemon muffins" or some such.
I truly get very few ads to delete. Maybe it's part of their system when you Follow? I LOVE PINTEREST.
well you can tell how many views becausePinterest posts the number next to the number of replies.

As I stated initially this is something that has just occurred recently. I have been on Pinterest for quite a few years without this happening. You can see by the replies I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

I wish It was from people I follow …….. but many are in a language I don’t understand or things I would never have the slightest interest.in.
I hope you continue to enjoy Pinterest without being bombarded by adds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2022, 04:13 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

Quote:

I don't actually 'follow' pins either - but I sure do get annoyed when I type in a specific search and get ALL kinds of pins: food, jokes, verses, etc. along with my actual search. I am on it less and less.. used to use it all the time for ideas for my cards but have been getting so frustrated with all the other junk I barely jump on Pinterest anymore.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2022, 07:47 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I don't actually 'follow' pins either - but I sure do get annoyed when I type in a specific search and get ALL kinds of pins: food, jokes, verses, etc. along with my actual search. I am on it less and less.. used to use it all the time for ideas for my cards but have been getting so frustrated with all the other junk I barely jump on Pinterest anymore.
I agree with everything you are saying It’s so frustrating considering how good it used to be for this site.

after reading the responses here, I know it’s not something wrong with my end.
I don’t know why they even bother to ask you why you want to report “ irrelevant “ or other reasons for not wanting to see pins. What is the point if they ignore them or do not have the curtesy of a reply when you contact them.
I also no longer enjoy Pinterest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2022, 03:18 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

You asked why a person would follow someone...
Let's say i want to be kept aware of the cards you make and post.
Lot of reasons to follow.
But my follow is not working either. I just go into my account and click on the couple of people I am interested in.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
You asked why a person would follow someone...
Let's say i want to be kept aware of the cards you make and post.
Lot of reasons to follow.
But my follow is not working either. I just go into my account and click on the couple of people I am interested in.
wavejumper. I just reread my posts. I can’t find one where I ask “ why a person would follow someoneâ€:
did you mean something else?

I did mention that many had read my post but few responded. I was asking because I was curious as to how many others were having the same problem With adds.
I probably should have asked “too many adds posted on Pinterest?†in retrospect.

i have bookmarked people I follow and have subscribed to just a very few..
I guess we just have to deal with the way they are running the site now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

I unsubscribed from Pinterest several years ago. I am now a "lurker only." This works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 06:49 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate ads in apps, it's just annoying
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2022, 09:31 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not sure if it was a result of my complaint, but after approximately 3 weeks later the number of adds has dropped. I hope by saying this I have not jinxed myself.
maybe more need to take a minute to complain to them.

I have noticed a big increase of adds on the two games I play. I wonder how much advertisers pay to have their adds pop up, maybe it’s lucrative so that’s why apps do this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2022, 12:04 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
... ... I sure do get annoyed when I type in a specific search and get ALL kinds of pins: food, jokes, verses, etc. along with my actual search. I am on it less and less.. ... ..
That's my issue as well. Originally it was an interesting place for inspiration. Now searches result in a plethora of unrelated items to waste one's efforts. Now if I visit I'm looking for recipes I know I've saved. Algorithms and ads are meaningful to the owners, though overly tiresome for actual people/readers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2022, 03:47 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Harvestmoon-Maybe I misunderstood. it was your second line when you said you don't follow anyone and don't know why people would...

I am very ignorant about social media but we all know people want followers for a variety of reasons. Ads I think help support sites but big companies like Pinterest have to change it-they are losing a lot of people. I don't find it easy to use to begin with-like you cant search for duplicates to delete them.

I have started cut and pasting one file to a memory stick.

We should the kids what they are using (by that I mean 20 somethings lol) because I think they have moved on from Pinterest?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2022, 08:41 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Harvestmoon-Maybe I misunderstood. it was your second line when you said you don't follow anyone and don't know why people would...

I am very ignorant about social media but we all know people want followers for a variety of reasons. Ads I think help support sites but big companies like Pinterest have to change it-they are losing a lot of people. I don't find it easy to use to begin with-like you cant search for duplicates to delete them.

I have started cut and pasting one file to a memory stick.

We should the kids what they are using (by that I mean 20 somethings lol) because I think they have moved on from Pinterest?
I am confused because I reread all my posts and could not find anywhere where I said “ I don’t follow anyoneâ€
I did mention that there was so many views at that time and was surprised that up to that point there were not more people that were experiencing the same problem as me and started to think perhaps it was something I alone was experiencing
I also assumed that people might read the post and as they were not experiencing the same problem had no reason to respond .
there have been many more views since then . In any event as I have now posted the adds seem to be less so I am happy to have that issue resolved.

Last edited by canada goose; 12-15-2022 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Sorry looks like I had two posters mixed up.anyway again my issue seems to be somewhat resolved with adds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 975 Likes on 474 Posts

I think I'm about to just cancel my account at pinterest. I went in yesterday to look at haircuts and no matter what search I entered, I got a bunch of ads for wigs! lol

I have so many ideas saved elsewhere that I really don't bother looking in my saved pins any more. Might as well just delete it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #26  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
That's my issue as well. Originally it was an interesting place for inspiration. Now searches result in a plethora of unrelated items to waste one's efforts. Now if I visit I'm looking for recipes I know I've saved. Algorithms and ads are meaningful to the owners, though overly tiresome for actual people/readers.

So much applause for this post.

And I know I'm biased, but it's one reasons why forums are better - no algorithm messing with what you see. Chronological order, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
I think I'm about to just cancel my account at pinterest. I went in yesterday to look at haircuts and no matter what search I entered, I got a bunch of ads for wigs! lol

I have so many ideas saved elsewhere that I really don't bother looking in my saved pins any more. Might as well just delete it.
I maybe able to help. I recall seeing a number of adds at one time for a various hair cuts
So I just went to search and typed in. “ best haircuts for
and a number of hits came up
i.e. For l thick hairy, curly hair etc.
if you type in for example best haircuts for over 50 you will get Lots of pictures.
hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes