Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinterest

If you have craft, cards or scrap-booking boards on pinterest, how many times do you really use them for ideals?

I have about 25 boards for cards, digital stamps, crafting ideals, card folds etc....

I do use the digital stamp board, more than any other board. I will also go back and use the craft and card fold board from time to time. Today I was wondering why in the world I have so many boards and pins, because it seems like I am really just wasting time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I too have many, many pins. But I like having them in Pinterest instead of bookmarking all those sites.

I use my card boards without going to the website. I just look at the finished project and use what I have to create a similar look. I must say I never go back and compare because I don't consider a card finished until I am happy with it. And if I am happy that is all that counts. The pin does give me incentive to try something.

I do go to the websites or youtube for things like mini albums or fancy fold cards. I usually need the measurements or technique directions to be able to do those things.

Besides electronic hoarding takes up no space in my craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have become very, very targeted in what I pin, allowing me to effectively use my boards for inspiration. I try to think about why I'm pinning something, and put it in the right place, rather than just willy-nilly pinning every card that catches my eye.

On my main card board, I try to only pin cards featuring products I actually own. Sometimes, I'll search SCS and pinterest for specific stamps sets and pin ideas for those sets. Sometimes, I'll see something pinned (or in the gallery here) using a set or die that I have, and pin it. Sometimes I don't own the items but they are close enough to something that I do own.

I also have color and layout inspiration boards, and a punch art board. I have a separate board specific for tutorials.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

I use them all the time.

But then I have also not just dumped card ideas into a folder labeled "cards". At least not any more. Now they are sorted down to very specific categories. So if I need a sympathy card, I look at sympathy cards. Maybe 50-60 ideas in there all total.

Truthfully, I have a lot of pins, a lot of boards, and the ones that are the hardest to use are my foods ones where there's too many for one board.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm with Linda. I just get ideas from my pins. I rarely follow back to the original sites.

And I like not having more "stuff" taking up space. Let the pinterest computers handle it. If they ever shut down, well, that would not be a good day.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I get overstimulated on Pinterest. There are just so many great inspirations and not enough time. Browsing on Pinterest also leads to a buying frenzy. I try to stay away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a few boards that I use: a photo inspiration board with colors, patterns, etc that catch my eye, one for cards I like (haven't really CASEd any but if there is a specific technique I like I pin there so I can give credit to whomever sparked my ideas), a techniques to try board, and I have one for cards I've made from pinterest inspiration where I post the inspiration piece and the resulting card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I do use my crafty boards, but man do I need to rethink the categories to make them more right-sized. I have been trying to put what I like about a pinned card in the description, particularly if I may not love the finished card, but there is a specific aspect of the card I like. I like the idea of doing by occasion or theme.

I have also been using some of my secret boards to build my 2014 SCS favorites so I am ready for the year-end Favorites threads. After I post my favorites on the weekly threads, I decide which ones are extra special and pin to the Annual boards. Then I look to see what else I might have pinned by those crafters and decide which is my favorite. I am trying to have no more than 2 per person at end of year, but mostly want to aim for 1 per person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I use Pinterest a lot. I am picky about what I pin. I keep it organized really well. I just reorganized my Pinterest this week to make it more efficient for me. I do keep inspirational ideas on my computer too. I am a computer hoarder too, lol. My large external hard drive can attest to that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I have several boards with cards. I have separate boards for Christmas, Halloween, Fancy folds and what I consider Flatish but all the rest get lumped together. I don't like to separate into occasions because I find a lot of cards can be used for different occasions just by changing the sentiment. And I think I might miss a "good" card if the occasion is not what I am doing.

I also try to keep my boards to a manageable number of pins, if they are too big I get overloaded and lose my mojo. In fact I need to go in and divide some of my boards because I think they are too big now - I really need to keep a closer eye on things so I don't make work for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2014, 04:59 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I try to keep my boards at a manageable size, and start a new one for the same subject when I have a couple of hundred pins to a board. Also have them sorted by type- CAS, scenic, etc. I use them as visual sparks for things to try, and like mamasix, to credit whoever gave me the inspiration if I CASE a card. Definitely better to have a lot of boards containing a few pins, I think, than the other way round.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2014, 05:49 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I label my boards to the stamps and Embossed folders I have and enjoy using. I reorganize my boards regularly when I find myself not using some of the stamps anymore, I simply delete the board. I also find it's an easy way to keep my stamps in check. When I don't use them anymore, I give them to my grandkids or someone who don't have the privilege to buy different stamps as often as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use mine for inspiration quite frequently. I have mine sorted with a board for regular cards and one for those with CTMH products. I don't have mine separated by event/holiday as I use them as a starting point.

Suz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #14  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I use mine quite a bit these days actually. I have a limited number of card boards and they are set for specific categories. I keep it manageable for me by: following only a limited number of people; keeping it organized in the types of categories I use regularly; very rarely just randomly browsing - when I browse, I usually search for a specific set or stamp or whatever it is I am intending to use; and pinning only those things which I know I can case elements from with stamps or tools that I already own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have most of mine sorted by stamp sets. I don't generally case but I frequently get inspiration from my pins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2014, 04:20 AM   #16  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I pin a lot, I love going back through my boards and using them for inspiration. I just have a general cards I love category and I wish when I started I had made more board categories for cards. I follow whoever, not usually the whole set of boards they have, I pick and follow only the boards that interest me. I don't care where people want to go in the world, I have that worked out for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2014, 04:20 AM   #17  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

oh and I delete pins when I have used them - especially recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love taking my tablet to my craft space and using Pinterest to inspire me. I have my boards mostly organized by stamp set. But the two boards I use most are card sketches and color.
Reply With Quote Likes