Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piles of supplies might be an okay thing!

I'm to the point where I have stacks and stacks and rolls an rolls of embellishments. I'm 90% SU.

It's manageable, so I'm not to the point of having so much I can't organize....but I'm at the tipping point!

Last night I started my Christmas cards. For the first time they will be quite simple.. None of my ribbon was working.

Then I remembered some SU clearance tinsel like strands I had ordered off the clearance rack a long time ago. I thought it was the silver, which I loved and used a lot of. It turned out to be the whitish variety. I was disappointed it wasn't the silver when it arrived.

It has just SAT for maybe four years! I was thinking it would never get used, but it's the perfect accent! It just lights up my simple card! Hooray.

So I say, to a point it's good to have a large stash!. Anyone happily finding some use to long stored items?

Happy stamping everyone!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 11-30-2014 at 04:58 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Me!! I've been an SU demo for 10 years and I don't get rid of anything retired. I've used my retired ribbon, cardstock, stamps, etc on MANY Operation Write Home cards, and for projects that my 3 grown daughters (and now I have grandchildren!) need. My oldest DD needed to come up with a "pilgrim hat" for her first grade daughter last week and I had everything she needed, including a choice of ribbon to tie under her chin. I use LOTS of my stash, but I could still craft for years and not run out! ;-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you know you have it and where it is!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not SU I'm anything and everything. I love card making and trying new ideas and techniques. My room has so much I just had to have, I just sit and wonder sometimes.......how will I ever use it all. But then I think this is so fun, looking around, its been bought at some stage, forgotten, found again and reinspired me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts

Oh my, my kids are never at a loss when it comes to school projects LOL! They have stopped asking, "Mom, do you have...?" because the answer is always YES. Knowing I bought it to be used, I never deny them access to my crafting supplies. I love seeing it all used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

A couple months ago I bought some Grafix Medium-Weight Chipboard in white, and I don't remember what I bought it for. Maybe for handmade book covers? It's 12x12 and VERY sturdy. I'd call it heavy duty! I made two advent calendars from 2" square boxes SU is selling and I stuck them together in rows with Scor-tape, then stuck the whole thing onto this chipboard, which is PERFECT for a base. This way, hopefully they will stay intact throughout the Christmas season!!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I always shop my room first so I can always find something I haven't used in a while. Throughout the year I buy seasonal items and I just tuck them into their appropriate storage box so when the holidays come I find things I forgot I bought.

This year I "found" embellishments bought last year at 75% off, some beautiful Christmas paper, and some Tim Holtz lanterns that I want to put in configuration boxes, and a few holiday dies.

I love giving myself surprise treats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I love pulling out something old out of my stash. I had a good chunk of supplies and then I had to put the craft away for about 4-5 years. I still get excited as if I bought something 8 years ago and just didn't get to use. It's like FINALLY, this is what this was meant to be used for.

I look at my embellishments and papers as NEVER going out of style. I love making most of my own embellishments now, but I have some cool older things that I got and I still can't wait to use them on something cool.

I just love my stash and don't ever want to destash!! lol I don't mind using it up, but destashing??? nah, never!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276View Post
I love pulling out something old out of my stash. I had a good chunk of supplies and then I had to put the craft away for about 4-5 years. I still get excited as if I bought something 8 years ago and just didn't get to use. It's like FINALLY, this is what this was meant to be used for.

I look at my embellishments and papers as NEVER going out of style. I love making most of my own embellishments now, but I have some cool older things that I got and I still can't wait to use them on something cool.

I just love my stash and don't ever want to destash!! lol I don't mind using it up, but destashing??? nah, never!!
Awwwww....I love my stash too, and I love your comment about never wanting to destash!

And yes, I just love it when I use something up! It just feels good to me.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 12-04-2014 at 01:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Wink

Here is my latest stash use story. I bought 3 packages of gingerbread printer paper (because I love gingerbread and they were $0.50 each at Staples after Christmas....a few years ago..... This year I made Christmas cards by trimming the snowflake design of the edges and made origami wreaths for the fronts of my card swap cards. They turned out so cute and I put little gingerbread girls in the center of the wreaths.....I love a stash (not a hoarder at all).
Since I have started making cards for Operation Write Home I have had a lovely time creating so many cards using my stash. It has been like shopping from home!

Last edited by Lady Victoria; 12-04-2014 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: word usage error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady VictoriaView Post
Here is my latest stash use story. I bought 3 packages of gingerbread printer paper (because I love gingerbread and they were $0.50 each at Staples after Christmas....a few years ago..... This year I made Christmas cards by trimming the snowflake design of the edges and made origami wreaths for the fronts of my card swap cards. They turned out so cute and I put little gingerbread girls in the center of the wreaths.....I love a stash (not a hoarder at all).
Since I have started making cards for Operation Write Home I have had a lovely time creating so many cards using my stash. It has been like shopping from home!
Sounds lovely and so sweet! A new motto! Not hoarding, but no destashing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Oh Well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady VictoriaView Post
I am a hoarder! 'Nuff said... 😔
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I was thrilled to use some of my old stash again yesterday! My granddaughter tuns four tomorrow Dec 24th. She had a Frozen themed birthday party.

I used some SU felt snowflakes that I love, but I've never used before for her card! I bet they are 4-5 years old. Does anyone know? Some are quite big and they are Baja Breeze, Red Riding Hood or white.

They were perfect!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 12-22-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok then MFT has an 80% off sale so I HAD to add to my pile..lol Anyone else?
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2014, 03:33 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Ok then MFT has an 80% off sale so I HAD to add to my pile..lol Anyone else?
Blessings
Off to check that out! I just got a big ( for me) end of year bonus at work. It just wouldn't be right not to use some of it for stamps or supplies! Right?
Reply With Quote Likes