Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personalized Cards

I have a friend who wants me to make cards (30 each) for four of her friends and she wants their first names on the front. I've tried to get her to do a monogram but she really wants their names. The card design that I've created requires the name to be in chocolate ink on pink cardstock. I thought I would buy a clear alphabet set...put the name all on one block and stamp at the same time instead of trying to use a stamp ma jig...but I am having trouble finding a good size, nice font clear set...anyone have any ideas? I don't have a color printer so I can't print the name on the front and I was trying to do them relatively cheap and if I take it to Kinkos to have them print in color...won't be that cheap when I need 120 cards...

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

You may have already looked but at Michaels in the Martha Stewart line she has a couple small font alphas. Also maybe try contacting a CTMH or TAC demo they have alot of alphabets. Sory not much help :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Papertrey Inks Simple Alphabet is a great size for this. I have used it a couple of times to personalize cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by longfingersView Post
I have a friend who wants me to make cards (30 each) for four of her friends and she wants their first names on the front. I've tried to get her to do a monogram but she really wants their names. The card design that I've created requires the name to be in chocolate ink on pink cardstock. I thought I would buy a clear alphabet set...put the name all on one block and stamp at the same time instead of trying to use a stamp ma jig...but I am having trouble finding a good size, nice font clear set...anyone have any ideas? I don't have a color printer so I can't print the name on the front and I was trying to do them relatively cheap and if I take it to Kinkos to have them print in color...won't be that cheap when I need 120 cards...

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks so much!
You really should get a color printer. They are not real expensive now and I have found that I can't live without it now that I can use SU's RGB colors and get the exact color needed for the fonts. But in stead of getting a printer for now, if you have a friend that has a color printer, then you could ask her to do them for you. What pink cardstock are you using? Is it SU. If it is, then I suggest that you give your friend that has a color printer a 4 of sheets of the pink and have her use a program like address labels that will print 30 names to a page. If the chocolate ink is SU Chocolate Chip then the RGB colors would be:
R: 115
G: 87
B: 86
I don't know what your card looks like, but you would then have to cut the names and attach to card instead of printing right on the card. You could use a chocolate layer then the name on that. Just a suggestion.
If you have any more questions or can help in any way, just let me know.
jguyeby
Reply With Quote Likes