Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PapertreyInk ... Nightmare !

I'm having a huge problem with PapertreyInk at the moment.

I now live in France so rather than pay for their posting rates to France (a huge $70 as they'll only send items recorded), I asked for it to be delivered to an address in Atlanta - an office where a friend of mine works one month every two. It was addressed to him and his secretary (in case he wasn't there).

The company he works for are saying it wasn't received and PapertreyInk have given me a USPS delivery number so as far as they're concerned, it was delivered.

They however say that USPS don't ask for a signature - which I understand - but refuse to give me any further help. USPS won't help me as it wasn't me who sent the parcel, yet Papertrey are not willing to investigate it on my behalf. I've asked for the name of the manager at the appropriate USPS depot / the name of the person who delivered it .. and what are the procedures for disputing that something was in fact delivered. But again, Papertrey won't now even respond to my emails. And there doesn't appear to be a telephone number on their site. :confused:

So at the moment I've paid $75 for items, received nothing and Papertrey are refusing to help ! :mad:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 02:27 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

If you paid by credit card or Paypal contact them and see if they can help you. Hope you get things worked out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I feel for you! I've had a package sent through USPS that showed as "delivered" but never made it to my house. The USPS would do nothing for me because it was marked as delivered and the company I bought it from would do nothing for the same reason. Turns out my neighbor received it in error and was nice enough to walk it down to our house about a week later.

I don't mean this as snarky, but it just boggles my mind that people are still buying from this company. I know they have really nice products, but there are a bazillion threads out there about their cs issues and it comes as no surprise that they are ignoring you. Hope you are able to get this resolved through the cc company because neither PTI or the USPS is liable to do anything about this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope you find solution. It may have been delivered - just to the wrong addy as it happened above. What a shame. Maybe your friend can talk to the mailperson - sometimes they remember.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree, contact your credit card co. It might get PTI's attention and they will do something if the CC co. is on their case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My sister had this happen with something from Amazon, where we think a neighbor or someone walking by took it. Amazon made it right - refunding the money for the item never received and pointing me to a different seller that was offering the same item at a lower price to purchase the new one. That's good customer service.

PTI...not so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default PapertreyInk ...

Thanks for all the responses .. interesting reading !!

I should have said I paid through Paypal and at the moment they are 'reviewing' it .. but I have a horrible feeling because Papertrey have got a delivery number, this will be acceptable and I'll have lost $75. I've emailed Paypal several times to ask if they could put pressure on Papertrey to at least help track it down .. since there's no way that USPS will let me have any information as it wasn't me who sent the parcel.

I'm almost resigned to the fact that Paypal will rule in their favour, so I'm now thinking 'well at least it was ONLY $75' ! I was going to order more stuff, but that's the minimum amount for free delivery, so thought I'd see if I could put enough items on my wish list for a second order with free delivery.

Like that's going to happen now !! :mad:

Don't get me wrong, mistakes happen and things go wrong, but it is Papertrey's customer service, or I should say LACK of customer service that is so infuriating.

And yes .. I've also bought loads of things through Amazon, and on the odd occasion that things have gone slightly wrong, their customer service has been excellent .. and amazingly helpful !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I had the same thing happen with an Amazon order I had shipped to my daughter while she was in school in the Massachusetts. Neither USPS nor the seller would help me as USPS said it was delivered, the school did not have the order. It was a loss of $50 and because it was ordered over the internet, my credit card disputed the charges and reversed them off my credit card. Be sure to contact your credit card company, even if you used it via PayPal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I'm so sorry this happened to you. If I remember correctly PTI has a phone number on the return address label on their packages. I don't know if its a "real number" or who it's to, I have never called it. I think the best way to get ANY response from PTI is to post your issues in the forum, that way you can let them know what your problem is(and their customers). I'm sure you'll get some response from Nichole (before she locks your thread,that is lol). I had an issue a long time ago with a package not arriving from HSN and they delivered another item no questions asked. If you don't care about your customers then your customers won't care about you, that's how I see it. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

You sound like a wonderful person.

That's all.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 08-21-2012 at 03:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you so much Amber, that is so sweet of you, but there's really no need. But thanks again for the thought !

Leslie - Paypal but straight from bank account, however I am going to contact the bank to see if there's anything they could do to help .. it's worth a try isn't it ?

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #12  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I think it has to go through paypal. PTI will have to provide proof of shipping, a tracking number, and at that point you should be able to track it down. PTI has several days to respond to paypal so be patient!! Hopefully they will do the right thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

No, as I've said, the problem is that PTI have already provided a shipping / tracking number from USPS. They gave this to Paypal, who then asked for me to respond to this, so I've explained that - despite the fact that USPS say it was delivered - it wasn't. So I'm hoping Paypal can demand that PTI investigate it / find a contact name/number at USPS.

There must be some sort of procedure / complaints department that the sender can go to (there certainly is with the UK postal service) to investigate this sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi&jadeView Post
I'm so sorry this happened to you. If I remember correctly PTI has a phone number on the return address label on their packages. I don't know if its a "real number" or who it's to, I have never called it. I think the best way to get ANY response from PTI is to post your issues in the forum, that way you can let them know what your problem is(and their customers). I'm sure you'll get some response from Nichole (before she locks your thread,that is lol). I had an issue a long time ago with a package not arriving from HSN and they delivered another item no questions asked. If you don't care about your customers then your customers won't care about you, that's how I see it. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Probably being blonde today (as if I'm not every other day of my life) .. but when you say post on the forum .. do you mean this forum ? PTI don't have one.

Also, can I ask if anyone knows the phone number mentioned above, could they please let me have it ?

Thank you once again .. amazing response to my moan ! I spend so much on card making, it's such an addictive hobby, and so don't appreciate losing money like this .. and being treated like a nobody too by PTI !

X
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Default PapertreyInk ... FORUM

Oooooh .. just did a google search for Papertrey Forum and found it ... couldn't see it on their website ... registering now ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

I just found the number on an old box it's 513-871-6770
I'm glad you found the PTI forum, I'm SURE you'll get some kind of response, I'm sure their forum members may like to know how you've been treated if anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Just submitted a posting but of course it has to be reviewed by a moderator first before being published ... call me cynical but I'll ber very surprised if it does appear !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

If you posted on the regular forum you are going to be directed to contact customer service. Customer service issues will not be handled on the forum.

That being said based on my experiences with lost packages through USPS is that they will only deal with who the package has been sent to, not who sent the package. So they would only deal with your friend (whose name I am assuming is on the package) to research the issue with your town's post office.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My recollection is that when the new website was launched, there were issues when the shipping address wasn't the same as the billing address. They would use the name from one but the address from the other... so I would make sure that Paypal asks them how the label was completed. I suspect it may have said your name and the Atlanta address. It may have gotten scanned when it was dropped off at the building, but someone could have sent it back anyhow because they didn't recognize your name.

If your post on the PTI forum isn't approved, go post five random posts on other threads (your first five need to be approved). After that, you won't need the moderator, although like Kelli says, they will probably make you go to the CS forum with your issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the PTI products for a long time, and then I placed my very first order several years ago. I had the very same problem that you had. Somehow the USPS scanned the label and marked it as delivered. I did not receive it. My sweet postal carrier made an error because I never received the item. I'm home and meet my carrier every day to get my mail (long, boring story but I do this). This is when I discovered the horror that is PTI's lack of customer service. I was so devastated. I really loved the product and the e-mails were beyond rude...basically "too bad, so sad...we have an electronic receipt that says it was delivered". I ended up disputing the charge and did not pay.
I still wanted the product so I had my daughter send in another order, she's married and has a different name. How silly, but I really wanted the product.
I have ordered, in my own name, and received the products without drama. I LOVE the product. I do not even like the service. I have found some products that I like, but I really prefer PTI. If only the service were decent...I'm sure I'd spend more money. So very sad. I just don't think they'll get any better...it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Don't know if this has been resolved yet; or if you tried what I am about to suggest.

Could this friend in Atlanta check in the mail room himself...I mean, actually go down there ( or send the secretary down there ) to find out what happens to packages that are addressed to a person no longer in the building? If, as someone suggested, the package had your name but the Atlanta address it might be sitting on someone's desk, waiting until there are enough packages to warrant a pick up by UPS for "undeliverable" for whatever reason.

Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

SkyNacho / Cobby .... Good idea .. re my name on the package ... I've just emailed my friend to look into that.

Funny thing, the posting on PTI forum never appeared (no surprise) but now I can't log into the account, it says not recognized so they've thrown me off completely !!!

But no reply so again - another chance at customer service ruined.

Taking the advice of SkyNacho .. I'll 'infiltrate' the forum under a different name with some innocent postings first ... how exciting !!

Having said that, I'm more upset at not getting the gorgeous items (ordered a fab huge flower stamp and die set) as I had great plans for them. I placed an order for items from PTI a couple of years ago (sent to France before they changed their posting policy) and they were lovely. But never again ... thieves !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

I didn't read all the responses, but we had something similar here. A colleague I work with ordered something and had it delivered here at the office since she wouldn't be home. We're in a strip mall type of complex with mail boxes out front. However, our mail lady always brings our mail into the office as noone has a key to the box outside. When our regular mail lady was on vacation, they delivered the package in our box outside. My colleague kept tracking the package and it said it was delivered. Well being that I sit at the front desk, I told her it wasn't as we hadn't received it. When our regular mail lady returned the next day I asked her about it, she checked the box and sure enough there was her package.

I'm wondering if you could ask your friend the same thing? We probably would have never known there was a problem if we hadn't seen that it said "delivered" when it wasn't carried into the office. Make sense?

I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you receive your package soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

As SkyNacho says (thank you so much for this !), after five or six postings on PTI forum, they don't monitor before posting. So .. it's on .. but I'm sure as soon as Nichole comes on duty it'll be deleted .. but I feel a little better for doing that.

I've now got the mail room of the company the parcel is heading to, to investigate it with USPS .. very kind of them to offer, so fingers crossed ...

I was so looking forward to that beautiful rose stamp, and the button card stamp ... I can't get inspired to do anything else at the moment !:(

I'll keep you all updated and thank you once again for all your pointers / help.
I always thought US was known for customer service - France certainly isn't ! - but the reputation of the Americans being helpful and friendly definitely IS true, so thank you all again, from an English girl in France !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #25  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Woo hoo ... justice !!

I've just got Paypal's decision .. despite the fact that they had a delivery number from USPS, they've ruled in my favour !

Of course, I'm happy I've been reimbursed the $75 but to be honest, I'd rather have had the items as I quite literally fell in love with the stamps / dies I'd ordered.

But all the stress of possibly losing $75 which I can ill afford to do .. lifted !

Thanks again to everyone for their support / help / advice and sympathy !

Lesson learnt .. steer clear of PTI in future .. wish I'd read all the bad reviews first !!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Yay boxer girlie I'm so happy to hear that you got your $ back! Hopfully this will teach PTI a few things as well! I guess one could only hope. Another way you could possibly be able to get your hands on some of their products without needing to deal with them is to go on the PTI forum and pick up some previosly used sets from the forum members they have tons of stamp sets there and it would save you money on the cost of the stamp and the international shipping and best of all you would be helping out fellow stampers and not PTI! Anyhow, thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

So glad that you got everything resolved! But you never did tell us-- what had you ordered? (We are curious like that. Or at least I am. )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #28  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
So glad that you got everything resolved! But you never did tell us-- what had you ordered? (We are curious like that. Or at least I am. )
Oh god, loads of gorgeous things ... I'm so hacked off about it ...

The button boutique stamps / rick rack die / tiny tags dies / and the beautiful new sweet life set (stunning flowers stamps) as well as a few smaller items ...

So if anyone has any of these items and fancies selling them, please let me know !!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOXERGIRLIEView Post

So if anyone has any of these items and fancies selling them, please let me know !!!!
Well, that was why I was asking but, alas, I do not have any of the goodies you wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #30  
Compulsive Stamper

That's kind of you to think of that SkyNacho .. ! I have been looking on ebay and the tiny tags came up but they were over the price that they would have been new (not that I'm going to buy direct from PTI but it does seem a little crazy !) plus postage to France was really high.

But I'm sure something will come up sometime. In the meantime, I've got enough stamps/dies to play with .. but I'm sure you know what it's like .. when you set your heart on something .. I had 1001 ideas for the flowers stamp set !

Thanks again !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

Firstly, I don't like to think after the complete lack of customer service I received (and downright rudeness), that they deserve my money !

And secondly, I got a refund despite the fact that they provided a USPS delivery number ... so I still think I was lucky in the end, perhaps because I bombarded Paypal with complaints about PTI's lack of response at the beginning until I went through Paypal. Then their lack of help / replies after that.

I do think that if I ordered from them again - especially so soon after - it might look a little dodgy !

Like I said, I have enough to play with as it is !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

Someone suggested I could 'send the dogs in', I could courier my dogs to them, and sort them out !! Except they're the softest creatures in the world so not such a good idea !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

You're right Gale, I had set my heart on them ... but perhaps I should just forget them and move on !

I'll fall in love with another stamp set / die set soon ... I'm sure .. and it won't be PTI !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

I have ordered from them a few times before all the bad customer service issues. Luckily, I got positive responses regarding missing items. I.e. missing die

As others have said, their stamps and dies look 'yummy' but if you never receive your order, how frustrating.

Don't know how they can announcement new items for sale on the website when they can't fill the orders they have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You might try the ISO forum here on SCS to see if you can find them.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes