Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
Not sure that any of that is 'rant' worthy, but here you go! ;)

Want to use your scraps? Absolutely! Me too - turn them over!

This is absolutely an advanced template, but they do work (I'm sure you probably saw I did two of the samples for this template). As for the lids not fitting, they do fit quite well, you just need to place the lid onto the bottom before securing that last band. (I made that mistake myself on my first one.)

HTH, but if you have any other questions, just let me know!
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, there are many worse things in life that are rant-worthy, but I was sticking with the theme of the thread. ;)

I actually read on the PTI forum about putting the lid on the bottom while securing the band--the band fit, but the oval top portion did not. Now I technically can make it fit onto the box, but it is caved in on one side to make it work.

I'd still like to know the reasoning of small, low-res pictures being used in the directions. I would rather have 10 pages of detailed pictures and 3 projects vs. 2 pages of directions and 5 projects. But then again, maybe I just don't have the smarts to make an absolutely advanced template.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

When I got the shaker box template, I could tell it was 'advanced' after reading the directions, so I used scrap cardstock to make my first box. I figured out a few things from my first attempt, and was able to make subsequent boxes without too much trouble. I didn't like all the 'waste' cardstock either, so I printed all of the templates onto sturdy white cardstock , cut them out and used them to trace onto whichever paper I wanted to use. Now I have the templates for future projects, and I don't have to waste as much paper. The liner templates for the sides of the boxes I didn't even cut out, I just measure them onto my decorative paper, since they're all straight lines.
I love these boxes, and I didn't have too much trouble with the directions, small pictures or not. It just takes a bit of practice to get them right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, there are many worse things in life that are rant-worthy, but I was sticking with the theme of the thread. ;)

I actually read on the PTI forum about putting the lid on the bottom while securing the band--the band fit, but the oval top portion did not. Now I technically can make it fit onto the box, but it is caved in on one side to make it work.

I'd still like to know the reasoning of small, low-res pictures being used in the directions. I would rather have 10 pages of detailed pictures and 3 projects vs. 2 pages of directions and 5 projects. But then again, maybe I just don't have the smarts to make an absolutely advanced template.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #123  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
I think that you need to keep in mind that PTI is a SMALL BUSINESS... they have 3 women working to make sure everything works smoothly. And I think that as a small business they are doing a fantastic job! Lets SUPPORT our women owned businesses, I think that ROCKS! They are growing leaps and bounds but they are still a small business that is working very hard to grow and I think they will have no problem doing that. I got my order today and its just awesome. Their products are top quality.

And as to the rant about scraps, just turn them over as everyone suggests. I have tons of scraps. Not everything comes out perfect the first time. I always test on regular paper to see how I like it.

Also if you go on the Papertrey forum... Nichole and all the administrators answer questions that you have!

Here, here!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #124  

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycrunchymamaView Post
Here, here!! :mrgreen:
For sure!

ps: i visited your blog, too cute! im a follower now ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my did you ladies see the new flower dies? Oh wow...these are going to be on my order this month for sure.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #126  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Oh my did you ladies see the new flower dies? Oh wow...these are going to be on my order this month for sure.
blessings.
I sure hope they ordered/stocked 10 million of them. It was most frustrating (still is) trying to get the dies from the last release. I finally gave up on some. Each time I tried to order one or two of them were out of stock. The next time, those were in stock but the others I wanted were out of stock. I'm just hoping I can pick up the remainder with this months order.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #127  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got my order today after almost 2 weeks and I'm a bit disappointed in the card stock sampler. Even though they added cardboard pieces to the ends there is one banged up corner that's affected almost all in the stack. I also found their white cardstock isn't as smooth as SU's although I like it's slightly heavier weight. Gina K's is very smooth but a bit too heavy for me and it doesn't like my punches, so I use it as a base.

I've also learned that a lot of their stamps and patterned papers aren't really my style, but I do like their ribbon and buttons!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #128  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
For sure!

ps: i visited your blog, too cute! im a follower now ;)
Aww, thank you! And right back atcha! Love your blog!! I'll be leaving you some love tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
I really like the site!! I have to run out for the evening - but they even have galleries to give you ideas as to what to do with your stamp set. Their stamps are clear - stick well to acrylic blocks, and ink up and stamp really well! I've been very pleased with that.

The inks - I bought mine several months back did not thrill me. I did not find that they matched the paper as well as SU cardstock and inks do.

The paper was nice - love the vintage buttons. My only complaint? About a 20 minimum charge for shipping to Canada! Oh! That bites! But it does get here very fast. I wouldpurchase more from Papertrey except that the shipping prices are a lot to Canada.
I've been anxious to try Paper Trey products also but will not pay the excessive shipping charges. Other companies I order from US will ship USPS First Class which saves so much money but not them. Discourages shopping for me anyway.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just placed my order last night for two months worth of new release stuff....can wait to get the flower dies. I guess I was in time to get everything on my order this time! Love love love their stuff..the new blue paper is stunning and the ribbons to match..please come quickly!!!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #131  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Just placed my order last night for two months worth of new release stuff....can wait to get the flower dies. I guess I was in time to get everything on my order this time! Love love love their stuff..the new blue paper is stunning and the ribbons to match..please come quickly!!!
blessings.
Oh, Amber . . . I'm right there with you! I am so excited about the flower dies . . . and love the new color! I placed my (way too big) order last night and now the waiting begins. But, I'm in Ohio . . . so it doesn't take long to get to me!

But, I can hardly wait!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #132  
Crimping Master

PTI is an awesome company with amazing customer service. They take such care with their shipping. I've never ordered their paper but that's just because I have so much I can't see buying more just for the sake of it. I know the shipping to Canada is high but I save up my money and orders so that I basically get free shipping based on the size of my order. Yeah I have to wait a little longer to get my things but then I also have the chance to think about if I REALLY want or need that new item. I usually end up getting it but often what goes in my shopping basket changes somewhat from when the new releases initially come out. Love the company. love the products. I do the same with my templates - I cut out the shapes and trace around them to save paper. I'm sure it's the program that centres the templates and that they aren't trying to make us use more paper because they sell paper. That doesn't sound like PTI to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #133  
Polyshrink Goddess

I couldn't resist, I placed my second PTI order today. I had run out of white for my copics and when I saw the new color Hawain Shores, I just had to have the cardstock and the matching ribbon too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so excited . . . my order should arrive today! (I'm in Ohio . . . just has to come up the road 4 hours!) I have the day off and am spending it with my girlfriend . . . I'll be anxious to get home and play. (I won't tell her that cuz I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings! LOL)

I SO want to play with my new flower dies!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #135  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE PTI!! Just got one of 2 orders I placed from this latest release! The new Hawaiian Shores color...LOVE it!! I can tell already that it will be my favorite PTI colors yet! I ordered on Sunday evening and received it on Thursday via USPS. That's a pretty good turn around time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenna...how long are shipping times this week? I place a huge order on the release evening about 30 minutes after the release and no shipping notice yet....blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Scamper...lucky you getting your goodies....Did you get a shipping notice? I am in Vegas...so they will take a bit longer but also I cant wait to see the new paper the color is so stunning...oh and I got all the ribbons too...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #138  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Oh Scamper...lucky you getting your goodies....Did you get a shipping notice? I am in Vegas...so they will take a bit longer but also I cant wait to see the new paper the color is so stunning...oh and I got all the ribbons too...lol
blessings.
I placed two orders -- one at 6 p.m. or so Sunday evening and another one right at release time. No shipping notice (haven't received one for the past few months), but a box with my second order arrived today. I got the new felt colors and the ric rac die, as well as the new Hawaiian Shores paper and ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got my shipping notice! On the way via UPS...lol
cant wait to touch the new blue stuff..pretttttttty....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #140  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amber, I did get a shipping notice this month and my products arrived today! You will LOVE them . . . trust me! I only placed one order right after midnight on release night. I didn't want to risk not getting the dies I wanted! Everything I "needed" was already in my cart so I just had to add the things from the release that I wanted and quickly PayPal out!

Now to carve out some time to actually get to play . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #141  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Hawaiian Shores color is just beautiful! I love it so much! I just uploaded a card on my blog that uses it. I hope to get the paper in the mail tomorrow (only got the ink & buttons on the first order because I didn't want those to go out of stock before I could check out).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenCarterView Post
The new Hawaiian Shores color is just beautiful! I love it so much! I just uploaded a card on my blog that uses it. I hope to get the paper in the mail tomorrow (only got the ink & buttons on the first order because I didn't want those to go out of stock before I could check out).
Pretty card!!! I just ordered the Hawaiian Shores cardstock and ink last night. Can't wait to get them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #143  
Matboard Maniac

I am frankly really tired of hearing people complain about bent corners on this site. Bent corners are not the fault of the company. If you're really getting bent corners from PTI even with the cardboard guards, I'd complain to whoever is delivering your packages - it sounds like they're not taking good care of them. I know that my packages from my local post office are always in good condition, while my boxes from UPS are consistently banged up. I once got an SU order with five packs of 12x12 patterned paper that had horrible bent corners because UPS had nearly ripped the box in half. I'm surprised my entire order managed to make it to me!

I have to at least give PTI a high five for trying to prevent the damage with the cardboard guards. If there's another company doing something better to prevent damage, bring it up to Nichole and the PTI team in their forum. They really have made a lot of changes based on customer feedback, and I know they wouldn't want anyone to be receiving damaged paper if for no other reason than that it's bad for business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #144  

I have gotten paper from PTI many times. With their paper guards I have NEVER had a problem with bent corners. And I disagree I don't think its the stores fault because our carriers cant handle packages with more care. I've seen it first hand being that I work for a CO that gets large shipments everyday. Its time some of these shipping carriers take the blame.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7View Post
I am frankly really tired of hearing people complain about bent corners on this site. Bent corners are not the fault of the company. If you're really getting bent corners from PTI even with the cardboard guards, I'd complain to whoever is delivering your packages - it sounds like they're not taking good care of them. I know that my packages from my local post office are always in good condition, while my boxes from UPS are consistently banged up. I once got an SU order with five packs of 12x12 patterned paper that had horrible bent corners because UPS had nearly ripped the box in half. I'm surprised my entire order managed to make it to me!

I have to at least give PTI a high five for trying to prevent the damage with the cardboard guards. If there's another company doing something better to prevent damage, bring it up to Nichole and the PTI team in their forum. They really have made a lot of changes based on customer feedback, and I know they wouldn't want anyone to be receiving damaged paper if for no other reason than that it's bad for business!
I have received many packages of SU cardstock with bent corners. And yes I will also blame SU when the cardstock is just thrown into a larger box. They should pack it better to prevent it. We pay good money to SU for cardstock and we deserve to get better cardstock then having the corners all bent.
Last fall I order some markers also from SU and the single markers were just thrown into the box. Well one of them broke and there was ink all over!
THey themselves could have protected that marker much better than just putting it in a box with no protection and heavy stamp set rambling around.

Granted the shipping companies could be much better but also the packing from the companies could be much better also!

I LOVE the way PTI protects their cardstock. I am very impressed with them.
I recently ordered 18 packs of cardstock and not 1 bent corner or anything.
I have since switched to PTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 04:03 AM   #146  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
I have ordered paper dozens and dozens of times over the years and have never had a single bent corner. Their shipping is more reasonable than almost all companies. SU is the one with outrageous shipping.

Try living outside of the USA where if you want to purchase one or two sets of PTI clear stamps - starting prices for shipping are $20.00. I'm in Canada. I've that those folks in Australia also pay outrageous shipping charges.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 04:36 AM   #147  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Try living outside of the USA where if you want to purchase one or two sets of PTI clear stamps - starting prices for shipping are $20.00. I'm in Canada. I've that those folks in Australia also pay outrageous shipping charges.
I feel so bad for those of you outside of the US that have to pay so much for shipping. But I don't think PTI is to blame for it. It's the shipping companies that charge so much. The USPS doesn't offer delivery confirmation out of the US. So if the package doesn't arrive, it would be PTI's loss. UPS offers tracking all over the world. Unfortunately it comes with a high cost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #148  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7View Post

Well, I MENTIONED bent corners, but wasn't complaining - er, at least I don't think I was (okay I am too lazy to go back to check what I wrote). I DID bring it up on PTI's forum, and got a personal reply from Nichole!! She said she would bring it up with her paper manufacturer. I told her I thought these specific bent corners were bent because the paper was wrapped too tightly - it was as if the corners got bent during the initial wrapping (and NOT during shipping) of it with the plastic. I mean, the cardboard guards were NOT bent or damaged...

These bent corners were probably over a year ago. My most recent paper packs do not have any bent corners; they are perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #149  
Matboard Maniac

My experience of PTI has been very positive EXCEPT for the shipping charges! I absolutely ADORE their stamps and Nichole and her design team produce work that is second to none. Unfortunately because I live in the UK (N Ireland) it costs $29.80 shipping for a $6.00 ink pad - isn't that unbelievable. Unfortunately this means I can only order once a year when my friends go to Florida! If shipping wasn't this expensive I'm sure I would order every month!!

Jill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #150  
Pearl-ExPert

I've gotten bent corners from PTI before, and had to return. It is very frustrating, and if you need to vent, I think that's ok. I agree that you should complain to PTI rather than the shipping company also. If the cardboard protectors are not bent, than the paper was obviously bent beforehand, and that's something PTI needs to know so they can deal with it. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #151  
Matboard Maniac

Okay, I didn't realize that people were receiving bent corners with no damage to the cardboard guards - that's a totally different story, and I would assume the paper was bent before it was packed, which is a definite problem! That's what I get for speaking too soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #152  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycrunchymamaView Post
I feel so bad for those of you outside of the US that have to pay so much for shipping. But I don't think PTI is to blame for it. It's the shipping companies that charge so much. The USPS doesn't offer delivery confirmation out of the US. So if the package doesn't arrive, it would be PTI's loss. UPS offers tracking all over the world. Unfortunately it comes with a high cost.

The only thing is that I order all the time from other US companies and they do not require delivery confirmation. In the 7 years that I have had packages sent to my home - I don't think I've not gotten any of them. I'm not sure why PTI require delivery confirmation when the vast majority of online sellers do not require that. I understand paper trey's postion to some extent - but when the vast majority of small businesses do not require delivery confirmation - I am puzzled as to why PTI does.

But they make the rules. I order all the time from Frantic Stamper, MFT, Stamping Bella, Gina K, RK stamps, PB stamps, The Pink Hedgehog Ribbon, Stampers Dream, I've also ordered from Gina K, Addicted to Rubber Stamps, Whipper Snapper etc etc - and none of them require delivery confirmation.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #153  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It happens almost every month to me. Of course, I could not imagine that it was anything but a small company unable to stock enough or to anticipate, but now I am wondering. A friend of mine who works in retail says that some companies do this on purpose to keep the demand up (psychologically people want what they cannot get) and for online companies it is a way to get lots and lots of second orders right after a release. According to their forum scores and scores of women placed 2 orders this week of $60 each. As several said, they won't order until they get the free shipping at $60 so if they are dying for that $6 die, they just keep shopping until they get it up to $60 for a second order. I read enough comments like that there, that I do just have to wonder. After all, when you get a brand new product, it is not like you are going to discontinue it in 3 months so why not order 10 times what you normally sell at a release knowing that over time you need them anyone and people won't have to place second orders to get that which they have anticipated over 10 days of sneak peeks while the tension builds until at release time they are like women at sales grabbing things out of one another's hands. I had never heard of this marketing technique but a local friend who is a marketing instructor at university says it is a very common practice for businesses to do this to make items very, very sought after and to increase the second sale right after they make the first.

Anyone think they would actually do this sort of thing?
Definitely not. They are a small company and likely do not have enough money to buy 10 times the inventory they think they will need. And what if they predicted wrong -- then they'll be stuck with excess inventory. It's just not a wise business decision for a small business owner.

Not everyone places two orders. I waited until today when all items were in stock to place my first order. There may even be people who do not place any orders because they have moved on to other purchases when the items were not in stock.

Creating an artificial out-of-stock situation does not seem like a very wise business move to me, and I really doubt that is Nichole's "marketing strategy."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #154  
Crimping Master

Quote:

It happens almost every month to me. Of course, I could not imagine that it was anything but a small company unable to stock enough or to anticipate, but now I am wondering. A friend of mine who works in retail says that some companies do this on purpose to keep the demand up (psychologically people want what they cannot get) and for online companies it is a way to get lots and lots of second orders right after a release. According to their forum scores and scores of women placed 2 orders this week of $60 each. As several said, they won't order until they get the free shipping at $60 so if they are dying for that $6 die, they just keep shopping until they get it up to $60 for a second order. I read enough comments like that there, that I do just have to wonder. After all, when you get a brand new product, it is not like you are going to discontinue it in 3 months so why not order 10 times what you normally sell at a release knowing that over time you need them anyone and people won't have to place second orders to get that which they have anticipated over 10 days of sneak peeks while the tension builds until at release time they are like women at sales grabbing things out of one another's hands. I had never heard of this marketing technique but a local friend who is a marketing instructor at university says it is a very common practice for businesses to do this to make items very, very sought after and to increase the second sale right after they make the first.

I can tell you unequivocally we are NOT playing pyschological games. Are the sneak peeks marketing? Absolutely. Are we ordering small amounts? Not at all. In fact, we ordered three times the amount of dies that we did last month in anticipation of being able to meet the demand. Why not order 10 times? Not a wise business choice. We don't know which are going to sell and not only would we be misallocating funds, we pay tax on inventory.

It sounds like you're talking to some really interesting people, and your marketing friend can probably tell you about small businesses in their first five years - an astounding number fail! We don't intend to be one of them, so we're making prudent decisions based on real-time feedback. We are restocking regularly due to the fact that we are working with some amazing suppliers dedicated to getting the product made and back to us as quickly as possible. Since we're sourcing many of our most popular products right here in the US, our transit times are negligible - allowing us to be able to get products back in stock quickly.

Hopefully this insight helps you understand what is really going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #155  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
I can tell you unequivocally we are NOT playing pyschological games. Are the sneak peeks marketing? Absolutely. Are we ordering small amounts? Not at all. In fact, we ordered three times the amount of dies that we did last month in anticipation of being able to meet the demand. Why not order 10 times? Not a wise business choice. We don't know which are going to sell and not only would we be misallocating funds, we pay tax on inventory.

It sounds like you're talking to some really interesting people, and your marketing friend can probably tell you about small businesses in their first five years - an astounding number fail! We don't intend to be one of them, so we're making prudent decisions based on real-time feedback. We are restocking regularly due to the fact that we are working with some amazing suppliers dedicated to getting the product made and back to us as quickly as possible. Since we're sourcing many of our most popular products right here in the US, our transit times are negligible - allowing us to be able to get products back in stock quickly.

Hopefully this insight helps you understand what is really going on.
These are not my issues -but any hope for we Canadians who love your products but find the shipping prices to be very high - see my posts above.

Thanks!:-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #156  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I worked in marketing for years for very business-minded companies and NEVER saw this sort of trickery play out. It's way too easy for such a plan to backfire, with disastrous consequences to the company. Plus, inventory is bad in business. You want to keep just what you need in place, but predicting the need, especially for a company with as many different products as PTI, is a hugely speculative juggling act.

PTI's marketing is genius in my book, and extremely effective. Ascribing sinister motives to what is essentially good business practice seems unfair to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #157  
Matboard Maniac

Default Papertrey rant

Quote:

This post sounds gossipy and negative. Other people will believe some of this and it will hurt all stampers.

I've ordered from PTI for a couple of years. I live in the same state and my service is occasionally slow. I don't rush out and order the new things immediately for the same reason I don't do Black Friday. Why do we always have to be in a hurry?

Anyway, PTI has dealt with me fairly and with integrity. They aren't a large company with unlimited resources (or debts) and, I suspect, everything is done by a few people.
Why not give these small companies the benefit of the doubt and give them a little time. Yes, I'd love to have my stuff in a couple of days too but that rarely happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #158  

Quote:

I cast no aspersions on Papertrey. I specifically said that I had no idea if they followed these popular marketing practices or not, but based on month after month of running out of things, it makes one wonder when they will get caught up or be able to predict more accurately.
Actually they ran out of quite a few from this months release... but they got them back in stock FAST. I just got the ric rac die that was out of stock on release night and a week later they had it back. THEY ARE A SMALL BUSINESS... people have to keep that in mind! I personally love PTI, the packaging, service and prices are wonderful!! They are my favorite to get supplies... I just love the color match system!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #159  
Die Cut Diva

Default I didnt know!!

I didnt know that Papertrey had dies till I glanced through some of these postings.

So something positive came out of this for me!

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #160  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I am a HUGE fan of PTI...never had a problem with the website, the girls are sweet and nice in person too (I met them at CHA in orlando last year), never had an issue with delivery being long or damaged goods, and always got an answer when I had a problem. I hate the fact that this thread pops up and says PTI rant when most of the feedback here is positive!
Reply With Quote Likes